hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wonder why they’ve gone to Murrayfield rather than Hampden, would be better keeping football money with football
    Never having followed the story of Murrayfields bid to become the national football stadium, it seems to me that the SRU are desperate to host football... any football. Why?

Are they totally skint or are they just wanting to give the Glasgow FA the finger?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by offshorehibby View Post
    I believe the Anfield pitch is getting re-layed
    Doesn’t explain why Murrayfield over Hampden .

Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    Doesn’t explain why Murrayfield over Hampden .
    Murrayfield holds about 15k more than Hampden

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I was in Ireland when Celtic played Barcelona at The Aviva in the International Champions Cup, and I was attracted enough to travel to Dublin primarily to see the fabled Barcelona side. Would have preferred if it wasn't Celtic in opposition, but was an enjoyable occasion none the less. Getting the opportunity to watch live clubs you wouldn't normally get the chance to see on your doorstep makes these games quite attractive events, and if we have one in Edinburgh then can only see positives myself.

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Cant get the negativity over this. 2nd in the EPL v 2nd in the Serie A in our fine City.

As a football fan I will be attending.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Liverpool were on their creditors list.

A select few get to that level of special.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
    So potentially, it might not be Liverpool v Napoli but Liverpool v Stenhousemuir, or Liverpool v the Scottish Ambulance Service Sunday League team, or Liverpool v the boys who work at Western Saab and play fives every Thursday evening, or Liverpool v Scott Wilson?
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Quote Originally Posted by MagicSwirlingShip View Post
    Cant get the negativity over this. 2nd in the EPL v 2nd in the Serie A in our fine City.

As a football fan I will be attending.
    That's one way to look at it. The other way is to look at it as the EPL promoting their product in our fine city … one of the kids who has gone to ER with us for years is already losing interest in Hibs in favour of Liverpool and that's without them having promotional events right under his nose.

I remember years ago Newcastle advertising their games in the EEN and that pissed me off too. Its one thing the EPL seducing fanboys in Thailand or the USA or Outer *****lia … its quite another in my opinion doing it in a city which is a relatively short car or train journey from Newcastle or even Liverpool, so no matter how unlikely it is to do so I don't want them drawing future supporters away from Scottish football and especially Hibs by playing glamour friendlies in our back yard.

So as a football fan who would genuinely watch absolutely anybody play anybody with very little prompting I would rather watch Hearts play Hamilton than go to this … in fact there's more chance of that happening.

Edit …. The swear filter …. really
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 06-06-2019 at 01:37 AM.

It's Napoli. Can't use anfield cause of a concert. It'll probably be at Spurs new ground... 👍

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    That's one way to look at it. The other way is to look at it as the EPL promoting their product in our fine city … one of the kids who has gone to ER with us for years is already losing interest in Hibs in favour of Liverpool and that's without them having promotional events right under his nose.

I remember years ago Newcastle advertising their games in the EEN and that pissed me off too. Its one thing the EPL seducing fanboys in Thailand or the USA or Outer *****lia … its quite another in my opinion doing it in a city which is a relatively short car or train journey from Newcastle or even Liverpool, so no matter how unlikely it is to do so I don't want them drawing future supporters away from Scottish football and especially Hibs by playing glamour friendlies in our back yard.

So as a football fan who would genuinely watch absolutely anybody play anybody with very little prompting I would rather watch Hearts play Hamilton than go to this … in fact there's more chance of that happening.

Fair enough mate. Each to their own. That thought hadn't even crossed my mind to be honest.

I see it as it an opportunity to see the recently crowned European Champions, without the EPL ticket costs, travel, hotels, etc. Can walk to Murrayfield too.

Would rather stay in than watch Hearts v Hamilton

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanWilson View Post
    It's Napoli. Can't use anfield cause of a concert. It'll probably be at Spurs new ground... 👍
    Spurs new ground has already been ruled out, that was the original plan.

First Team Regular dalkeith stu's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: hibeestu07

You must have some interesting views on the Newcastle friendly!! Are they just coming up to try and seduce some of our fans over the border???
    I'm sure people can support more than one team.

Quote Originally Posted by Renfrew_Hibby View Post
    Never having followed the story of Murrayfields bid to become the national football stadium, it seems to me that the SRU are desperate to host football... any football. Why?

Are they totally skint or are they just wanting to give the Glasgow FA the finger?
    I suspect the latter...

Unless its against an Edinburgh club they can take their friendly and stick it straight up their arse.

Its bad enough our kids, and too many adults, being seduced by the bloody EPL without them playing matches ( even friendly ones ) on our doorstep. Let them stick to money making tours of China and Asia to pander to their EPL fanboy tourists over there and leave us bloody well alone !!!

No offence to Scouse Hibby BTW ….. It wouldn't matter which EPL team it was.
    I agree. Maybe we should play Parma at Goodison. Seems odd.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    So potentially, it might not be Liverpool v Napoli but Liverpool v Stenhousemuir, or Liverpool v the Scottish Ambulance Service Sunday League team, or Liverpool v the boys who work at Western Saab and play fives every Thursday evening, or Liverpool v Scott Wilson?
    Lady Haig seen in sportsdirect buying a pair of shin pads.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I agree. Maybe we should play Parma at Goodison. Seems odd.
    It's not that odd. Liverpool are one of the biggest supported clubs in the world and will likely have Murrayfield full or close to it.

Hibs and Hearts are operating on a completely different planet to teams like Liverpool, it's just the way it is.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Wonder why they’ve gone to Murrayfield rather than Hampden, would be better keeping football money with football
    Significantly better stadium, nearer the city centre, higher attendance potential, better transport links apart from that, what have the romans ever done for us.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by allezsauzee View Post
    you might miss some bargains on offer in the pubs around that area then
    It won't be a bargain when your pockets are dipped.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by dalkeith stu View Post
    You must have some interesting views on the Newcastle friendly!! Are they just coming up to try and seduce some of our fans over the border???
    I'm sure people can support more than one team.
    You can support as many teams as you want.

But there is a great Italian saying.

You can have as many wives as you want but you will only have ONE football team.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    It won't be a bargain when your pockets are dipped.
    Never realised Edinburgh had a pickpocket problem, will have to take precautions.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Don't understand all the negativity, it sounds like a good idea to me. A good stadium with good transport links to the city centre and 2 quality teams playing. Unless the pricing is stupid I'll be looking to go along to this one I think.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    Don't understand all the negativity, it sounds like a good idea to me. A good stadium with good transport links to the city centre and 2 quality teams playing. Unless the pricing is stupid I'll be looking to go along to this one I think.
    Anti Liverpool jealousy mostly.

Yes think will head along unless shocking pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicSwirlingShip View Post
    I see it as it an opportunity to see the recently crowned European Champions, without the EPL ticket costs, travel, hotels, etc. Can walk to Murrayfield too.

Would rather stay in than watch Hearts v Hamilton
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    It'll be £40-£50 I reckon. Full of roasters who have never been to a fitba game in their puff walking along dressed like a full kit ******. After the game talking about how good Liverpool and the EPL is and how ***** Scottish fitba is without even a slight hint of irony. With no Fergie at the helm and Utd utter pish a chance for Liverpool to expand their fanbase up here with the next generation of youth.

The Barca game at Murrayfield was bad enough and that featured Hibs - think i lasted 35 minutes before heading. Not for me this - fill your boots though.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    It'll be £40-£50 I reckon. Full of roasters who have never been to a fitba game in their puff walking along dressed like a full kit ******. After the game talking about how good Liverpool and the EPL is and how ***** Scottish fitba is without even a slight hint of irony. With no Fergie at the helm and Utd utter pish a chance for Liverpool to expand their fanbase up here with the next generation of youth.

The Barca game at Murrayfield was bad enough and that featured Hibs - think i lasted 35 minutes before heading. Not for me this - fill your boots though.
    Couldn’t agree more

A friendly against Liverpool at Murrayfield doesn't float my boat. In my eyes they're less appealing than Barca were and even then i wasn't too interested. Certainly wouldn't pay 30+ quid to see it. Genuinely more interested in getting off to a good start in the league cup.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar

No need to sit on the fence.

I can't see it being much like what you describe there in general. Thanks for your permission to go though.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member

You've forgotten the half and half scarves and a pishy attempt at YNWA. Not for me

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Unless its against an Edinburgh club they can take their friendly and stick it straight up their arse.

Its bad enough our kids, and too many adults, being seduced by the bloody EPL without them playing matches ( even friendly ones ) on our doorstep. Let them stick to money making tours of China and Asia to pander to their EPL fanboy tourists over there and leave us bloody

No offence to Scouse Hibby BTW ….. It wouldn't matter which EPL team it was.
    Has Scouse Hibby been found?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Would be good to go see the 6 time European cup winners play in Edinburgh.
    I didn't realize Hearts had won it that many times?