hibs.net Messageboard

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would you pay £28 or more if it was Man U playing.
    Not for a friendly I wouldn't.

I'd be prepared to pay a decent amount for a Manchester Utd v Liverpool league/cup game but not for a pre season friendly.

I wouldn't expect to pay any more than about £10 for any friendly game, regardless of which teams were involved.

They're glorified training sessions for the players, why anyone would pay through the nose for anything like that is beyond me but each to their own.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Boatman View Post
    I say the £28 I have paid represents good value for such an event.
    It cost me not much less to watch Hamilton v Hibs last season.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Dont really bother with friendlies myself even when Hibs are involved. Made an exception for Hanlons testimonial last summer, mainly because my dads a Blackburn fan and we so rarely get to go to a game together. Can’t remember how much it cost. Poor game in baking heat with both teams arsing around in the sun. Not really worth it.

liverpool though? Well they’re Liverpool aren’t they. They’ll be worth a watch for people who can afford it.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post

I'd be prepared to pay a decent amount for a Manchester Utd v Liverpool league/cup game but not for a pre season friendly.

I wouldn't expect to pay any more than about £10 for any friendly game, regardless of which teams were involved.

They're glorified training sessions for the players, why anyone would pay through the nose for anything like that is beyond me but each to their own.
    My feelings entirely Sir David. Unless Hibs are playing I can't get interested these days

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    I was at 2 Newcastle league games, 1 West Ham game at the Olympic stadium, 2 FA cup ties, 2 League 1 games and a Wembley final last season and paid less than £28 each time. I was in the top tier each time apart from West Ham. This friendly is a rip off and not for me but by all means you should go and enjoy your day.
    I’ve chummed Mrs Beefster to a couple of games at Newcastle to see Arsenal. Overall, it cost way more than £28pp and the top tier (in the corner) is like watching a subbuteo match in the kitchen from the top of the tree in next door’s garden.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    It’s Liverpool’s second last friendly before the season starts. It may well be a little different from their strongest 11, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s not a kick in the arse off it.
    Agree think it will be strong team though they do have a strong squad and will likely have the bulk of their top team playing. Watched a couple of their games in the US tour last season and the games seemed competitive enough though it was Man U they were playing in one which brings its own competitive tension.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rehabacrossthesea Wii Code: 4040
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    Dont really bother with friendlies myself even when Hibs are involved. Made an exception for Hanlons testimonial last summer, mainly because my dads a Blackburn fan and we so rarely get to go to a game together. Can’t remember how much it cost. Poor game in baking heat with both teams arsing around in the sun. Not really worth it.

liverpool though? Well they’re Liverpool aren’t they. They’ll be worth a watch for people who can afford it.
    And that's the whole point right there.

@hibs.net private member

I've watched Manchester United at home in the Champions League and the match and atmosphere was instantly forgettable. This was only a couple of years ago and I don't remember the score anymore.

I've seen Messi, Suarez and Neymar play together in a league game at the Nou Camp only for Barca to lose 0-1 and it felt like you could hear a pin drop in the stadium.

The price is high but if you want to see the Champions League winners and you live in Edinburgh you won't get it any cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    I've watched Manchester United at home in the Champions League and the match and atmosphere was instantly forgettable. This was only a couple of years ago and I don't remember the score anymore.

I've seen Messi, Suarez and Neymar play together in a league game at the Nou Camp only for Barca to lose 0-1 and it felt like you could hear a pin drop in the stadium.

The price is high but if you want to see the Champions League winners and you live in Edinburgh you won't get it any cheaper.
    Not after this investment in Hibs 😉

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post

I don't want to see the Champions League winners and I don't live in Edinburgh.

You'll change your mind on the former if this takeover happens!
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member
    Well that makes your stance pretty understandable!

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    They're not even the best team in England

This is the same as golf though, there is a world number one and a European number one, who are often different players.

which doesn’t change the fact that Liverpool are the winners of the champions league, just as Man City are the winners of the EPL.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Best in Europe which includes England, the so called best team in England were in the same competition but failed in their quest to be the Champions of Europe 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    You'll change your mind on the former if this takeover happens!
    I'll change that to I don't want to see the current Champions League winners.

Champions league > epl

Best in Europe which includes England, the so called best team in England were in the same competition but failed in their quest to be the Champions of Europe 😁
    The so called best team in Europe failed to beat the best team in England over the course of 38 games 😉

The so called best team in Europe failed to beat the best team in England over the course of 38 games 😉
    We are still the Champions Of Europe though! The so called best team in England haven’t even come close to winning it 😂
    Add that to the fact that I have seen Liverpool win everything League titles and all, I’m pretty happy.

We are still the Champions Of Europe though! The so called best team in England haven’t even come close to winning it 😂
    Add that to the fact that I have seen Liverpool win everything League titles and all, I’m pretty happy.
    Id say you are. No one in their right mind would deny the fact that Liverpool are a bigger, greater, infinitely more iconic and charismatic club than Manchester city.

i just think it’s a bit of a stretch to suggest that the team that swept the board in English football this season aren’t the best team in England. After all, Porto were hardly Europe’s best team in 2004 were they? Neither were Liverpool in 2005. They both won the champions league.

Id say you are. No one in their right mind would deny the fact that Liverpool are a bigger, greater, infinitely more iconic and charismatic club than Manchester city.

i just think it’s a bit of a stretch to suggest that the team that swept the board in English football this season aren’t the best team in England. After all, Porto were hardly Europe’s best team in 2004 were they? Neither were Liverpool in 2005. They both won the champions league.
    It’s not just a bit of a stretch mate, it’s a bit of banter 👍

Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    You know football's ****ed when £28 for a friendly when players won't break a sweat and are probably contractually forbidden to tackle is deemed good value.

Power of marketing...
    I was going to get the father tickets for his father's Day but cheapest available are
    £40 a ticket way in the corner at the very top apparently. 28 quid seems fair compared to that. I detest ticket master as they don't show you seats that are or aren't available and bump the price up the more they sell

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Green&White View Post
    I was going to get the father tickets for his father's Day but cheapest available are
    £40 a ticket way in the corner at the very top apparently. 28 quid seems fair compared to that. I detest ticket master as they don't show you seats that are or aren't available and bump the price up the more they sell

The prices are set, if there are no £28 tickets left then they have been sold, the prices have not been increased according to demand.

The prices are set, if there are no £28 tickets left then they have been sold, the prices have not been increased according to demand.
    You know that for a fact? If so I find it ridiculous that possibly the worst seats in the place are amongst the dearest?!

@hibs.net private member
    No kids tickets on sale now?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by supermcginn View Post
    Champions league > epl
    Its like saying the Scottish Cup winner is the best in Scotland that year, can't compare knock out competitions to league

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Green&White View Post
    You know that for a fact? If so I find it ridiculous that possibly the worst seats in the place are amongst the dearest?!

The ticket prices were set and don’t change because of demand. £28 for behind the goals, £39.20 as you move in to the corner, £50.40 as you move further round towards the side stands and then the most expensive (£67.20) in the side stands

I reckon if given the choice most Liverpool fans would prefer to be Champions of England right now than Champions of Europe. Be honest , which would you have preferred?

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    A chance to watch the likes of Salah, Mane, Robertson and Alexander Arnold strut their stuff on our home soil? Yes please. Don't know why some people are so against this.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    I reckon if given the choice most Liverpool fans would prefer to be Champions of England right now than Champions of Europe. Be honest , which would you have preferred?
    Exactly. You can win the Champions League finishing 4th in your domestic league. Spurs almost won it FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Not too bothered if I’m honest, just desperate to see Liverpool win another major trophy. Maybe would have felt differently if the league had not been so close, there was really nothing between us. Also very satisfying the amount of other countries champions we beat on the way to winning it.