hibs.net Messageboard

Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SingHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Liverpool of Dalglish etc or Napoli with Maradona I would go and see. Not these two quite ordinary sides playing out a meaningless money spinning kick about.
    Very strange comment. Liverpool have had some great teams over the years but there can't be any question about their current quality and excitement levels in watching this group of players. The Champions League winners who finished with 97 points in their domestic league being called ordinary is one of the most bizarre things I've heard on here.

As for Napoli, this is one of the best teams in their history. They've finished 2nd in Seria A two years in a row behind an excellent Juventus team and although there are no world class players in their team, still plenty of quality and well known names.

2. Log in to remove the advert

After watching our lacklustre pre season friendlies im not spending over the odds to watch another one that doesn't involve my team

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    Very strange comment. Liverpool have had some great teams over the years but there can't be any question about their current quality and excitement levels in watching this group of players. The Champions League winners who finished with 97 points in their domestic league being called ordinary is one of the most bizarre things I've heard on here.

As for Napoli, this is one of the best teams in their history. They've finished 2nd in Seria A two years in a row behind an excellent Juventus team and although there are no world class players in their team, still plenty of quality and well known names.
    Did you watch the CL final? Liverpool played anti-football after that early controversial penalty.

They work very hard but no really inspirational players or quality attractive football.

Napoli were very attractive and attacking under Sarri. But the new manager has moved them to a much more defensive formation.

So we will see hard working/closing down athetic Liverpool versus a defensive Napoli in a pre-season friendly. All at great expense. Unless your a fan if one of the teams then it us going to be an expensive disappointment.
    Last edited by FilipinoHibs; 18-07-2019 at 11:39 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Did you watch the CL final? Liverpool played anti-football after that early controversial penalty.

They work very hard but no really inspirational players or quality attractive football.

Napoli were very attractive and attacking under Sarri. But the new manager has moved them to a much more defensive formation.

So we will see hard working/closing down athetic Liverpool versus a defensive Napoli in a pre-season friendly. All at great expense. Unless your a fan if one of the teams then it us going to be an expensive disappointment.
    I still find your comments on Liverpool baffling. Did you watch the Barcelona game at Annfield? Liverpool are consistently one of the most exciting teams in the world. They have the best centre back in the world and outside of Messi and Ronaldo, Salah and Mane are probably as good as anyone else in their positions.

I'd be very interested to see who in your mind right now is a better team in terms of quality or to watch.

Ancelotti is one of the best coaches in the world and has plenty of exciting players in the team.

I'm fully aware it's a pre season friendly and will be played at a slow pace with a few players rested. Apart from kids I don't think anyone in attendance will be expecting much more than a decent day out and a chance to see two teams that are very unlikely to play a competitive game in Edinburgh for a long time.

😂 hilarious

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar

OK, so you have chosen one match as your 'evidence' for Liverpool being boring. Not the most detailed analysis there! Finals and semi finals tend in general to be less open anyway due to the high stakes involved, so that further weakens your argument.

As for your 'at great expense' comment, this is costing me and my family of 4 no more than a standard Hibs match to go and see. Is that what you mean?

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar

Lol banter

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    I still find your comments on Liverpool baffling. Did you watch the Barcelona game at Annfield?
    I never realised that Barcelona had ever played at Stirling Albion’s old stadium?

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

Are you for real, did you watch Liverpool last season?

No quality, inspiration or attractive football 😂

Away and give us peace or a whoosh 😁
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 18-07-2019 at 01:26 PM.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    The Liverpool of Dalglish etc or Napoli with Maradona I would go and see. Not these two quite ordinary sides playing out a meaningless money spinning kick about.
    😂😂😂😂

Mental. Liverpool are one of the best teams in the world to watch.

They are also the Champions of Europe and only lost one game all season in the Premier League. They are very very far from being ordinary.

These are 2 of the sides I would be keenest to watch play a competitive game as a neutral. I can't believe anyone would think that this Liverpool team is anything other than brilliant to watch. To be fair they were probably a bit more fun to watch before they sorted their defence out.

I'm just not interested in watching pre-season kickabouts. Occasionally if I've been football-starved I'll be keen to go along and get a first glimpse of the season of my own team, but this just doesn't interest me.

Left by mutual consent!

You really shouldn’t drink whilst on the tinternet

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    These are 2 of the sides I would be keenest to watch play a competitive game as a neutral. I can't believe anyone would think that this Liverpool team is anything other than brilliant to watch. To be fair they were probably a bit more fun to watch before they sorted their defence out.

I'm just not interested in watching pre-season kickabouts. Occasionally if I've been football-starved I'll be keen to go along and get a first glimpse of the season of my own team, but this just doesn't interest me.
    Agree with this. I kinda feel I should go, but I really hate pre season games, and generally avoid them (even those including Hibs) - the fact it is after our season has started makes it less attractive to me too.

Mental comment. I love watching Liverpool so fast and exciting.

Salah not insprinational???? Not sure what more he would have to do!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nellio View Post
    Mental comment. I love watching Liverpool so fast and exciting.

Salah not insprinational???? Not sure what more he would have to do!!!
    Maybe so but not perhaps in a pre season encounter.
    There will be changes galore throughout the match and the usual players getting up to speed and getting some pre season minutes under their belts.
    Theres nothing on the line and folk will be scrolling their Facebook after 20 mins.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Yeah because the 1984 European Cup Final Dalglish played in was beezer too right enough. Liverpool didn’t play much football that day either after scoring an early goal only this time they didn’t their defence couldn’t hold out for the clean sheet.

There is no way any human being in the world possibly believes this.

Left by mutual consent!
    I stopped doing friendlies years ago. They just don’t have that spark of excitement for me. However I have made this game an exception to my rule. I’ve always had a soft spot for Liverpool. I think the reason for this goes back to times when they ruled England in the Eighties and then there’s the obvious Scottish connections. I used to love watching them play big European nights at Anfield under the flood lights with what’s got to be one of the noisiest and most passionate supports in the world.
    This current Liverpool side are exceptional and they have a manager that brings the whole club together.
    Really looking forward to having what should be a great day out.

First Team Breakthrough Hibtastic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    There is no way any human being in the world possibly believes this.
    Is SingHibs a Manchester United fan by any chance?

@hibs.net private member
    My mates got a spare ticket if anybody looking for one £29 for £25

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeewilly View Post
    My mates got a spare ticket if anybody looking for one £29 for £25
    Your mate needs to stop trying to steal Hibs fans who will never come back and will be lost to the Scottish game for good if they dare attend this game.

Or something like that.

Genuinely more excited by Hibs v Newcastle

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Likewise. This should be decent enough for a Sunday night as well though.

@hibs.net private member
    I'm attending and excited by both.

Thought about getting tickets for this for me and my daughter (Dejan Lovren fan, would you believe?!) but decided against when all the cheaper ones went.

Liverpool are playing in New York on Thursday against Sporting so will likely arrive back in the UK on Friday/early Saturday.

I’m sure the players are delighted they then have to travel up to Scotland almost immediately. Walking pace game with 22 changes (but it might be good fun for all that).

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    I’m more excited by Hibs v Arbroath.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Quote Originally Posted by wallpaperman View Post
    Thought about getting tickets for this for me and my daughter (Dejan Lovren fan, would you believe?!) but decided against when all the cheaper ones went.

Liverpool are playing in New York on Thursday against Sporting so will likely arrive back in the UK on Friday/early Saturday.

I’m sure the players are delighted they then have to travel up to Scotland almost immediately. Walking pace game with 22 changes (but it might be good fun for all that).
    Flights from NY to Edinburgh and Glasgow are possible in this day and age. In fact it’s a little bit quicker than Englandshire.

Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
    Flights from NY to Edinburgh and Glasgow are possible in this day and age. In fact it’s a little bit quicker than Englandshire.
    Indeed they are, isn’t the modern world a marvel?

If they go for that option the players will be even more delighted that instead of heading home they are heading off to some random city that they have no connection to, in order to heighten awareness of the Liverpool FC franchise.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    My brother in-law is a Liverpool fan and bought the whole family tickets for this. Sitting in block E20.

Also reading Klopp’s comments online, looks like not all of that star studded squad are going to be playing in this friendly. Salah, Allison & Firminio will be joining up with the squad in France a day later & Mane is on extended leave due to Senegal reaching the AFCON final.
    Last edited by hfc rd; 22-07-2019 at 04:46 PM.