hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If they are going to do so it should be aimed to be built at the towards the end of the season and possibly pilot having it open for the Euros next year too. Hibs/football themed quiz machine/Duke Box/music player with classic matches on in the background or Hibs tv interviews would be splendid.

Get some WiFi in place with an option to purchase happy Hibee half times through your account would be something to look at too.
    WiFi?

Now your talking!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    I just don’t understand it. Are we saying we have to create entertainment for the kids coz they don’t watch the game?! I see kids around me on their phones but now the club is going to create some other features.
    I dont know about others, but unused to spend most of the time at fitba as a youngster running around playing dig on the retracing, playing fitba with a bottle top on the east terrace concourse (next to the old programme stand), or sometimes just rolling rocks down the back of the cowshed / terracing, or dipping under that weird wee gap they had under the fence between terracing and cowshed (I presume that was meant to be a safety thing?!

I didn't really watch the match, and often couldnt see even when I did want to.

This is just a 21st century version of that.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    The Famous Five lower has been the family section since it was built. The people keeping their seats since their children have grown up are effectively blocking seats for the next generation and are therefore not entitled to renew.

At least that is the rationale for the changes.
    It was never once an exclusive Family Stand so that's wrong. It remains attractive to people who struggle with stairs and have sat there for a long time. What's not family about an 80 year old choosing to keep their seat there for ****s,sake.
    There is no queue of kids,waiting on seats anywhere in Easter Road.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    I don't see that scenario happening.

I've been hoping to get seats for a small group with kids in there for a while. I'd imagine there's others in the same boat.
    I'm truly surprised to hear any family weren't able to get season seats together in there. How many family members are you talking about? I've had a family of three booted out there now and all over the age of 75, one uses a walking frame.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Do you know if it's freed up a lot of seats?
    I honestly don't know.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    It was never once an exclusive Family Stand so that's wrong. It remains attractive to people who struggle with stairs and have sat there for a long time. What's not family about an 80 year old choosing to keep their seat there for ****s,sake.
    There is no queue of kids,waiting on seats anywhere in Easter Road.
    You are wrong on both counts. It always has been a family stand hence the cheaper tickets for children and there is a number of families who would like to move there.

It is unfortunate that elderly supporters are having to move but the bottom line is that they should not have been there in first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Groups without a child ticket have been asked to vacate the FF lower.
    Here's one for you. I know an old fellah who stood in the cow shed with his brother religiously. Thick thin and thinner 60s, 70s, 80s.
    They purchased season tickets in the new North from the start.
    His brother died a number of years ago. He continues to buy his brothers season ticket in his memory and let's other family, all Hibbies, use it. He's been doing this all through the lean years when you couldn't give a seat away and our club was being throttled. Even the club tried giving them away, bring a pal and stuff.

He's not renewed and is getting nothing back after enquiries to the club he loves and who who plainly don't care much about his story.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    You are wrong on both counts. It always has been a family stand hence the cheaper tickets for children and there is a number of families who would like to move there.

It is unfortunate that elderly supporters are having to move but the bottom line is that they should not have been there in first place.
    I'm not. Anyone and anybody could have bought a seat in the lower North close to past 25 odd years and it's fact that the club happily sold them. You didn't need kids with you, never have. I've posted an anecdote above. I'm right on both counts. Option for those with kids? Yes. Exclusively? Never so.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    So we are putting in bouncy castles behind the goals?! I’m a bit lost with all this. Since when did kids expect some sort of crèche at a game. As a young kid you just sit with your parents and learn to love the game. It’s all getting a bit silly.

Aye, they should be seen and not heard. Give them Bread and Water and they should be grateful for it.

I'm truly surprised to hear any family weren't able to get season seats together in there. How many family members are you talking about? I've had a family of three booted out there now and all over the age of 75, one uses a walking frame.

Wow, you really have a bee in your bonnet.

Have a Horlicks and calm doon.

I'm not. Anyone and anybody could have bought a seat in the lower North close to past 25 odd years and it's fact that the club happily sold them. You didn't need kids with you, never have. I've posted an anecdote above. I'm right on both counts. Option for those with kids? Yes. Exclusively? Never so.
    Apart from 2010 until the start of 2013, I believe the Famous Five Lower has always been called the "Family Stand"
    I think they tried to introduce families everywhere in the in-between times, but saw child attendance fall quite a bit.
    Hopefully now Hibs are properly implementing the Family section, we will see a further uptake in youngsters attending.
    I caught the Hibs but at a very young age, thanks to being lifted over half the time, would hate to think that some youngsters don't have access to the cheaper tickets because groups of adults are taking all the space, meaning those reductions go to waste (as the cheaper seats can't be purchased elsewhere)
    I feel for those affected, but Hibs have been saying for a couple of years now that something like this would happen, and are giving affected parties priority seat moves

First Team Breakthrough
    Here's one for you. I know an old fellah who stood in the cow shed with his brother religiously. Thick thin and thinner 60s, 70s, 80s.
    His brother died a number of years ago. He continues to buy his brothers season ticket in his memory and let's other family, all Hibbies, use it. He's been doing this all through the lean years when you couldn't give a seat away and our club was being throttled. Even the club tried giving them away, bring a pal and stuff.

He's not renewed and is getting nothing back after enquiries to the club he loves and who who plainly don't care much about his story.

Assuming it’s a concession ticket is this not what the club are trying to stop. People buying concession tickets and then other people using them even if they are upgraded.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar

That’s just horrible the way he’s been treated.

He should get a heartfelt apology, a free season ticket and get to choose any damn seat he likes.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    That’s just horrible the way he’s been treated.

He should get a heartfelt apology, a free season ticket and get to choose any damn seat he likes.

I think the message from the club is that anybody having to move out of the FF Lower because of the new rules will have their (exclusive) pick of available seats for four days. There's still 2,000 people not yet renewed, so I'd imagine that there's some decent seats he could move to.

It's still quite sad, though, that he has to move if he really likes where he's currently sitting.

Sounds about par for the course

We are just numbers now not supporters that have followed the club through the generations through thick and thin dating back to the ninteenth century

It is now all about money and corporate finance

Gone are the days when Dougie Crombe would open up the old club shop for you and let you have a look around

An absolute disgrace!

Left by mutual consent!
    No they couldn’t. I had a season ticket there until 2002 from 1999 and it was exclusively to children under 15 and adults who bought one had to be with a child under 15. I had to move when 16 when my wee brother didn’t want to go anymore so I had no “child” to sit beside.

Not that I’m arguing in any way the pensioner in this circumstance should hopefully be rehoused with as easy access to the ff Lower but I think it only became a little more say adult friendly when the old east got taken down (that I also had to move from god-dammit 😁)

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Sounds about par for the course

We are just numbers now not supporters that have followed the club through the generations through thick and thin dating back to the ninteenth century

It is now all about money and corporate finance

Gone are the days when Dougie Crombe would open up the old club shop for you and let you have a look around

An absolute disgrace!
    I wouldn’t say that at all Billy.

From 2008-2015 say the club couldn’t give a ***** I would agree but a lot of hard work is going on by the club to make it most fan orientated once again. Before it just felt like a number than can be replaced now it’s a lot more people friendly.

Left by mutual consent!
    Iggy, could the solution not to be for your friend to swap the other season ticket to a junior concession, say one of the family and then he won’t have to move at all?

I wouldn’t say that at all Billy.

From 2008-2015 say the club couldn’t give a ***** I would agree but a lot of hard work is going on by the club to make it most fan orientated once again. Before it just felt like a number than can be replaced now it’s a lot more people friendly.
    Good to hear

Going down to change my seat on Tuesday

Will let you know how cheery they are 😁

Left by mutual consent!
    Good to hear

Good man 👍

Aye, they should be seen and not heard. Give them Bread and Water and they should be grateful for it.
    Or maybe just encourage them to learn about football?!

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Hibs have been very vocal in publishing the exclusive period for those impacted and indeed have given the name of the specific person in the club whom impacted supporters should contact.

I get the frustration but suggest that anyone impacted who wants to support Hibs next season, albeit in another seat, simply makes contact and goes through the process.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good to hear

There's a couple of decent seats near the back of section 2 that'll be available. You'll be surrounded by ex players, often including Tony Higgins, Keith Wright and Mickey Weir

Adults could buy tickets for the FF Lower when it originally opened. There were no rules saying “unless accompanied by a child” but its always been targetted at family groups. For years and years. There is obviously a demand for seats in there. Otherwise why would the club be doing this? Your story about the old boy who’s brother had died was very sad. Has anyone been in touch with Leeann from the family?

There's a couple of decent seats near the back of section 2 that'll be available. You'll be surrounded by ex players, often including Tony Higgins, Keith Wright and Mickey Weir
    Ha Ha !

Sit there just now just along from Ralph Callachan

Trying to get more central

Phoned the TO asking for Centre Stand but as all Corporate was told to bolt

I do not fancy paying for a three course meal and 8 pints of HIBS ale every time we have a home game

We got our seat move within the FF Lower this morning. We're now more central and near the back.

If nothing else it takes us away from the firing line when the players are doing shooting practice before the game. Those were dangerous seats!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    We got our seat move within the FF Lower this morning. We're now more central and near the back.

If nothing else it takes us away from the firing line when the players are doing shooting practice before the game. Those were dangerous seats!
    Mikey, you must have say pretty near where I do!

I thought the move was only for people who fell in to the two groups mentioned, so I've done nothing about moving (wanted to do the same as you).

Have I missed the first couple days of relocation already?

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Mikey, you must have say pretty near where I do!

I thought the move was only for people who fell in to the two groups mentioned, so I've done nothing about moving (wanted to do the same as you).

Have I missed the first couple days of relocation already?

FROM THE FISHY SITE

The Hibernian Ticket Office will be closed to the general public on Saturday 8 June and Monday 10 June to prioritise the movement of supporters impacted by changes in the Famous Five Lower and Executive Seating areas.
    Supporters in these areas have been impacted by changes in these areas and have a priority period in which they are able to move seats. The Hibernian Ticket Office will be working exclusively on these moves on Saturday 8 June and Monday 10 June to ensure the process is as smooth as possible.
    Please note to qualify for the exclusive window these supporters must have renewed for next season by 5pm on Friday in a different section of the ground. Season Tickets are currently off-sale to ease the process for supporters in the affected areas to move seats.
    Supporters who qualify for the exclusive window must have purchased a Season Ticket for the 2019/20 campaign in a different area of the ground ahead of the seat release deadline.
    Supporters who have already done so should have had correspondence from the Ticket Office inviting them to Easter Road on Saturday or Monday to be shown the available seating. If you have not had any information about this please contact Aidan as soon as possible.
    Should you be unable to attend we can arrange a call or email discussion to facilitate the choosing of new seats.
    All other Season Ticket holders looking to move seats will only be able to do so from 12pm on Tuesday 11 June, ideally in person, if not by phone.
    Season Tickets will also be put back on sale at 12pm on Tuesday.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    FROM THE FISHY SITE

The Hibernian Ticket Office will be closed to the general public on Saturday 8 June and Monday 10 June to prioritise the movement of supporters impacted by changes in the Famous Five Lower and Executive Seating areas.
    Supporters in these areas have been impacted by changes in these areas and have a priority period in which they are able to move seats. The Hibernian Ticket Office will be working exclusively on these moves on Saturday 8 June and Monday 10 June to ensure the process is as smooth as possible.
    Please note to qualify for the exclusive window these supporters must have renewed for next season by 5pm on Friday in a different section of the ground. Season Tickets are currently off-sale to ease the process for supporters in the affected areas to move seats.
    Supporters who qualify for the exclusive window must have purchased a Season Ticket for the 2019/20 campaign in a different area of the ground ahead of the seat release deadline.
    Supporters who have already done so should have had correspondence from the Ticket Office inviting them to Easter Road on Saturday or Monday to be shown the available seating. If you have not had any information about this please contact Aidan as soon as possible.
    Should you be unable to attend we can arrange a call or email discussion to facilitate the choosing of new seats.
    All other Season Ticket holders looking to move seats will only be able to do so from 12pm on Tuesday 11 June, ideally in person, if not by phone.
    Season Tickets will also be put back on sale at 12pm on Tuesday.
    Perfect thanks . That's what I thought, but Mikey's post about being able to move had surprised me.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    It’s all well doing that but if they are still going to charge extortionate prices for a pizza or chicken nuggets or £2 a Ribena it’s not going to help much.
    Take your own ribena in