hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 76 of 76
  1. #61
    @hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Dalkeith
    Age
    58
    Posts
    4,747
    Wait till a few kids get whacked by a ball during the warm up, they will soon want to move to another part of the ground lol


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #62
    @hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    West Upper
    Age
    34
    Posts
    23,614
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Itís all well doing that but if they are still going to charge extortionate prices for a pizza or chicken nuggets or £2 a Ribena itís not going to help much.

    This will probably will be an unpopular opinion but I think the family stand should not have any of the usual pies, pizza, chips, crisps and sweets etc. Should be healthy options only in the family sections, or at the very least have healthy options available if there is not any already.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

  4. #63
    @hibs.net private member Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Neu Reekie
    Age
    56
    Posts
    7,340
    Quote Originally Posted by derekduval View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Assuming itís a concession ticket is this not what the club are trying to stop. People buying concession tickets and then other people using them even if they are upgraded.
    Itís a concession ticket as heís a pensioner, I take your point. I still see OAPs being punted out of that stand for no reason.

  5. #64
    @hibs.net private member Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Neu Reekie
    Age
    56
    Posts
    7,340
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No they couldnít. I had a season ticket there until 2002 from 1999 and it was exclusively to children under 15 and adults who bought one had to be with a child under 15. I had to move when 16 when my wee brother didnít want to go anymore so I had no ďchildĒ to sit beside.

    Not that Iím arguing in any way the pensioner in this circumstance should hopefully be rehoused with as easy access to the ff Lower but I think it only became a little more say adult friendly when the old east got taken down (that I also had to move from god-dammit 😁)
    Trust me, anyone could have bought a seat in the FF Lower. My mother in law is no kid and has sat there for years without a kid even if she treats me like one.

  6. #65
    @hibs.net private member Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Neu Reekie
    Age
    56
    Posts
    7,340
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Iggy, could the solution not to be for your friend to swap the other season ticket to a junior concession, say one of the family and then he wonít have to move at all?
    Heís done with it if Iím honest.

  7. #66
    @hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    4,780
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Itís a concession ticket as heís a pensioner, I take your point. I still see OAPs being punted out of that stand for no reason.
    There is a reason and it has been discussed at length. Whether people agree or disagree with the reason is a different conversation but there is a reason.

  8. #67
    @hibs.net private member Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Neu Reekie
    Age
    56
    Posts
    7,340
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibs have been very vocal in publishing the exclusive period for those impacted and indeed have given the name of the specific person in the club whom impacted supporters should contact.

    I get the frustration but suggest that anyone impacted who wants to support Hibs next season, albeit in another seat, simply makes contact and goes through the process.



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The club did all this but have failed in their role to explain to the individuals involved. Not everyone lives in the internet.
    The communications have been dire.

    I see no reason at for emptying long standing OAP season ticket holders out of their long held seats. No reason at all. Why the club are content to lose any ST holder never mind one tied to the club for decades is saddening.

  9. #68
    @hibs.net private member Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Neu Reekie
    Age
    56
    Posts
    7,340
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is a reason and it has been discussed at length. Whether people agree or disagree with the reason is a different conversation but there is a reason.
    I donít see the reason. Iím still discussing it at length if thatís ok fellah.

  10. #69
    @hibs.net private member 90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    4,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Heís done with it if Iím honest.
    Not good at all mate.

  11. #70
    @hibs.net private member 90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    4,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Trust me, anyone could have bought a seat in the FF Lower. My mother in law is no kid and has sat there for years without a kid even if she treats me like one.
    No bother, I do trust you so apologies!

  12. #71
    @hibs.net private member My_Wife_Camille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,709
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is a reason and it has been discussed at length. Whether people agree or disagree with the reason is a different conversation but there is a reason.
    Exactly this. It's like saying the pensioner in question is giving up his season ticket for no reason imo

  13. #72
    Coaching Staff NAE NOOKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Galashiels
    Posts
    11,154
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sounds about par for the course

    We are just numbers now not supporters that have followed the club through the generations through thick and thin dating back to the ninteenth century

    It is now all about money and corporate finance


    Gone are the days when Dougie Crombe would open up the old club shop for you and let you have a look around

    An absolute disgrace!
    I wouldn't go so far as that mate. IMO the club have worked hard over the last 4 years to achieve a balancing act between what they need to do to finance the club and still foster positive fan engagement. Ö Nobody is pretending they always get it right though.

    On that note. I just don't get the decision re the FF 'executive seats' and IMO the club have got this wrong Ö in the grand scheme of things the extra money doing this will bring in must be extremely small beer and given that I don't see how its worth pissing off long standing ST holders to do it. I'm willing to guess the executive seats take up more room than ordinary ones and we would probably be better served ripping them out and fitting in a couple of dozen more green seats.

    The proof of the pudding is in the eating and it will be interesting to see how popular the more expensive executive seats are this season and more pertinently how much 'extra' money was generated Ö A question the club should be asked to answer honestly once the 19/20 season is over.
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 10-06-2019 at 12:02 PM.

  14. #73
    'S' Form
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    edinburgh
    Age
    67
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wouldn't go so far as that mate. IMO the club have worked hard over the last 4 years to achieve a balancing act between what they need to do to finance the club and still foster positive fan engagement. Ö Nobody is pretending they always get it right though.

    On that note. I just don't get the decision re the FF 'executive seats' and IMO the club have got this wrong Ö in the grand scheme of things the extra money doing this will bring in must be extremely small beer and given that I don't see how its worth pissing off long standing ST holders to do it. I'm willing to guess the executive seats take up more room than ordinary ones and we would probably be better served ripping them out and fitting in a couple of dozen more green seats.

    The proof of the pudding is in the eating and it will be interesting to see how popular the more expensive executive seats are this season and more pertinently how much 'extra' money was generated Ö A question the club should be asked to answer honestly once the 19/20 season is over.
    Regarding the FF Upper executive seating, I previously suggested as you said that they just ripped out the comfy seats, replaced with plastic ones and kept the price the same, never got a reply. Just wonder if they will now check season ticket holders in this section ensuring they have paid to sit there as I have already witnessed in previous seasons supporters just sitting in any vacant seats. You are also correct, I think they will lose money and just caused themselves and supporters a lot of extra hassle having to move seats. Will wait until lunch time tomorrow to see how many vacant seats there will be in section 50.

  15. #74
    @hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Sleepy Hollow
    Posts
    4,781
    So I suppose this means there is no chance of the Singing Section getting moved to the FF lower then? 😁

  16. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So I suppose this means there is no chance of the Singing Section getting moved to the FF lower then? 😁
    Singing section to be relocated from FF Upper to the Albert Hall due to improved accoustics...you heard it here first.

  17. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by kennedy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Regarding the FF Upper executive seating, I previously suggested as you said that they just ripped out the comfy seats, replaced with plastic ones and kept the price the same, never got a reply. Just wonder if they will now check season ticket holders in this section ensuring they have paid to sit there as I have already witnessed in previous seasons supporters just sitting in any vacant seats. You are also correct, I think they will lose money and just caused themselves and supporters a lot of extra hassle having to move seats. Will wait until lunch time tomorrow to see how many vacant seats there will be in section 50.
    If the section 50 ST holders have just moved to the cheaper plastic seats elsewhere, then Hibs aren't losing money by the price hike, even if folk from neighbouring stands decide to move to a vacant S50 seat on match day. It's only if they don't renew at all that there's a loss. One normal price S50 ticket last year will translate to a normal price ticket elsewhere in the stadium this year. And of course, empty space in the section will be filled by walkups for category A matches, barring the season turning into a severe disappointment halfway through. There's no need to police the situation unless someone unilaterally moves to a comfy seat and decides to be an arse about it when challenged by someone who has a ticket for the seat in question.

    Given that the ST renewal rate is roughly the same as last year (slightly lower, but that can also be explained by poorer results last season, or by the changes to FF lower), I don't see Hibs as losing money with the higher pricing for the comfy seats.
    Last edited by Aim Here; 10-06-2019 at 04:21 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved