hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not for me. It should be about loyalty, not wealth. You're looking to reward dedicated supporters, not de facto shirt sponsors.
    pretty much how I see it.

One of my favourite things about HSL is that once you hit the £225 mark and become a full member you are equal to everyone else regardless of how much you or they have put in.

each to their own like, and I’m sure such an incentive would raise more money, but I don’t understand why those who could afford to pay more wouldn’t see helping the club as reward enough rather than having to have their names prominently above those of others. That’s just me though. If there’s a huge demand for it fair enough.

2. Log in to remove the advert

It's not for me either. You pay 225 you are an equal with fellow members in my opinion.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    So, am I right in saying that if I paid £225 to HSL next week or so, I would 100% be getting my name on the 3rd replica strip?

I am not an HSL member, but instead around the same time bought shares directly in Hibs.

Not saying I will, more just wondering if that's how this works?

Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
    So, am I right in saying that if I paid £225 to HSL next week or so, I would 100% be getting my name on the 3rd replica strip?

I am not an HSL member, but instead around the same time bought shares directly in Hibs.

Not saying I will, more just wondering if that's how this works?
    Yes, that is correct.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    It is surely to be hoped that people continue to contribute after their name is on the shirt.

For some reason the way you phrased that immediately made me think of The People's Friend.

Why are we having a 3rd strip when we don’t need 1 ? Why not put the names on the 2nd strip ?

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    I can see the merit in the extra funds raised by bidding for badge proximity but for me everyone whose name appears on that strip should be equally valued. You should be able to look a it and know that whether you end up on an arm, chest, navel, upper ass cheek or anywhere else, we are all in it together. Equal fee and random positioning of names.

When I was leaping around like a loon on 21 May 2016 cuddling complete strangers we were all one. I liked that then and I'd like it in this instance.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    I can see the merit in the extra funds raised by bidding for badge proximity but for me everyone whose name appears on that strip should be equally valued. You should be able to look a it and know that whether you end up on an arm, chest, navel, upper ass cheek or anywhere else, we are all in it together. Equal fee and random positioning of names.

When I was leaping around like a loon on 21 May 2016 cuddling complete strangers we were all one. I liked that then and I'd like it in this instance.
    This.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    It's not for me either. You pay 225 you are an equal with fellow members in my opinion.
    I've paid £225 every year since it started.

I'll continue to do so, and I'm not looking for plaudits, but it's a wee bit galling to realise that my contribution isn't valued any differently to someone who has paid the minimum and withdrew.

I guess it's a similar debate to the why should folk who actually go to the matches get preference for tickets over those who rarely go or don't.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post

I'll continue to do so, and I'm not looking for plaudits, but it's a wee bit galling to realise that my contribution isn't valued any differently to someone who has paid the minimum and withdrew.

I guess it's a similar debate to the why should folk who actually go to the matches get preference for tickets over those who rarely go or don't.
    i appreciate the point Hibbyradge and of course your contribution is of immense value, but equally someone else might have also been paying in since the start but at a lesser amount of £7.73/month, possibly because that’s literally all they can spare after the rent and bills are paid and the food’s on the table. Why should that person be seen as less valued because they have a lower income?

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Easter Rising View Post
    i appreciate the point Hibbyradge and of course your contribution is of immense value, but equally someone else might have also been paying in since the start but at a lesser amount of £7.73/month, possibly because that’s literally all they can spare after the rent and bills are paid and the food’s on the table. Why should that person be seen as less valued because they have a lower income?
    I don't think anyone is being seen as less valued.

We're talking about raising more money to make Hibs a supporters owned, or at least controlled, club.

Every member's name will be on the shirt, but there are going to be premium locations. Should those spots just be allocated randomly or should they be used as an incentive for people to contribute more?

Dafties like me would pay more for a prime spot. Why would anyone object to that?
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 04-06-2019 at 10:31 PM.

Didnt Hearts do this last season for their members who pay into the fans ownership fund thing they run?

they were releasing a strip with every founder member's name on it?

Left by mutual consent!
    I really didn't mean or even consider that paying for a premium spot on the shirt would make others think they are not equally valued. That's plainly not the case. However pandering to those of us who are vain enough to fancy a prominent position 😎 is 100% an extra income source and shouldn't trouble or upset those who are just happy enough to be anywhere on the shirt.

Well done to HSL for this. Definitely the most high profile and popular initiative yet and a great way to increase funds and members. For a very financially secure club to get something like this off the ground is very difficult. Unlike Hearts, our fans weren't blackmailed into monthly donations due to extreme financial mismanagement. It looks like HSL is now gaining some serious momentum which is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post

I've 'only' paid 120 per year but I take your point. For me though it flies in the face of the 1 member 1 vote line HSL stand by.

We are either equal or not.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    I've 'only' paid 120 per year but I take your point. For me though it flies in the face of the 1 member 1 vote line HSL stand by.

We are either equal or not.

Judging by some of the opinions it seems that people think buying a prominent position creates unequality amongst us. I dont agree. Perhaps there is a touch of "if I cant get on the front you shouldn't either"..human nature eh?
    Anyway the last thing I want to do here is generate doubt and bad feeling around this fantastic plan so HSL, whilst you're at liberty to do whatever you want, I'll withdraw my proposal.
    Ps, sneak me on the front and I'll bung you a ton 😂😂😂

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    I'll withdraw my proposal.
    Your proposal? Previous thread...

I can't let you tale all the flack!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brummie_Hibs View Post
    Your proposal? Previous thread...

I can't let you tale all the flack!
    Oh I'm so sorry...you're the man to blame/applaud 😀👍🏻🤝. Many apologies I was so enthused by it I obviously forgot where it initially came from 🙏🏻

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    Not for me. It should be about loyalty, not wealth. You're looking to reward dedicated supporters, not de facto shirt sponsors.
    Same here, don't favour any priority system, but if there's to be one, as it's all about the share uptake how about those who took up the initial sale offer up and those that have been in from the beginning and go from there.

Personally I'd just do it alphabetically and decide whether to start from the back or the front. Easier to find the names as well.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Same here, don't favour any priority system, but if there's to be one, as it's all about the share uptake how about those who took up the initial sale offer up and those that have been in from the beginning and go from there.

Personally I'd just do it alphabetically and decide whether to start from the back or the front. Easier to find the names as well.

I don't favour any priority system either, I have paid over £800 into the scheme and there are others who have paid in more than me.It should be the luck of the draw where your name goes with all qualifying members having an equal chance.

HSL. Don't really care where my name is on the strip but will founding members be notified as to where our names are? If not my wee lassie has a job for a weekend trying to find my name. Also will we get confirmation that our names will definitely be on the strip? I'd hate to fork out for a strip to find out my name isn't on it for whatever reason. Also sorry if already covered but will sales of the 3rd strip go directly to the player budget as our HSL payments do?

Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    I don't favour any priority system either, I have paid over £800 into the scheme and there are others who have paid in more than me.It should be the luck of the draw where your name goes with all qualifying members having an equal chance.
    Likewise, Im happy my name will be on the shirt, just glad I done my bit and am continuing my payments to HSL

Priority position for your name on the shirt?
    I have a potential solution..........

BRING BACK LOYALTY POINTS!!

Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    Priority position for your name on the shirt?
    I have a potential solution..........

BRING BACK LOYALTY POINTS!!
    Great idea, how do you buy some

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent!
    Great idea, how do you buy some

I'll pay extra for some 😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    I'll pay extra for some
    I can see where this is heading.

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    brilliant idea this..I love it. I've been contributing £10 a month since the start and will continue to do so as long as I can afford it. Being based own south and with a job that sees me working at the weekends quite a lot, I can't get up to games that often, so it's great to have a way to support the team in such a direct way. I'm very excited about the founder members board inside the ground as well !! It will go nicely with the stone on the West stand that my kids bought me for my 50th Birthday :)

Personally I wouldn't like to see names bigger than others, they should all be the same as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    brilliant idea this..I love it. I've been contributing £10 a month since the start and will continue to do so as long as I can afford it. Being based own south and with a job that sees me working at the weekends quite a lot, I can't get up to games that often, so it's great to have a way to support the team in such a direct way. I'm very excited about the founder members board inside the ground as well !! It will go nicely with the stone on the West stand that my kids bought me for my 50th Birthday :)

Personally I wouldn't like to see names bigger than others, they should all be the same as far as I'm concerned.
    I'm pretty sure that's not what's being suggested WH …. If it was I'm sure a lot of folk would be annoyed about it.

But having said that, I have no problem with folk chucking in a few bob to get their name above the badge or something, in the grand scheme of things if name placement was done at random for example its probably a 2000/1 shot of any one individuals name appearing there, so if wasn't mine I wouldn't be bothered … luck of the draw and all that. That being the case why not chuck a few bob more into the coffers by auctioning off the most prominent locations.

All I'm bothered about is my name being on it somewhere, I have a few friends and acquaintances who are HSL contributors and I would be very peed off to see their name on the strip without mine being there … you know who you are

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's not what's being suggested WH …. If it was I'm sure a lot of folk would be annoyed about it.

But having said that, I have no problem with folk chucking in a few bob to get their name above the badge or something, in the grand scheme of things if name placement was done at random for example its probably a 2000/1 shot of any one individuals name appearing there, so if wasn't mine I wouldn't be bothered … luck of the draw and all that. That being the case why not chuck a few bob more into the coffers by auctioning off the most prominent locations.

All I'm bothered about is my name being on it somewhere, I have a few friends and acquaintances who are HSL contributors and I would be very peed off to see their name on the strip without mine being there … you know who you are
    Exactly what some of us were proposing but doesn't seem to be gaining favour

Left by mutual consent!
    I can see where this is heading.

Haha it wis my idea 😂😂😂