hibs.net Messageboard

 

Results 1 to 28 of 28
  1. #1

    Leaked Celtic document

    https://twitter.com/troublesome1986/status/1135623258370453509?s=21

    Allegedly the minutes of a meeting they had in April. The sun are now running with it saying Celtic have contacted the police

    https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4322431/celtic-probe-transfer-document-leak/

    A lot of Celtic fans going into meltdown about it , especially thinking they’re after Barker


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    @hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    16,092


    The rest of it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #3
    @hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    6,557
    So the Sun/Record have been getting their transfer stories about Celtc for the past two months from a potentially fake document. I notice a few names on the list and they’ve definitely done stories about them signing for Celtc since April.

  5. #4
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    20,802
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://twitter.com/troublesome1986/status/1135623258370453509?s=21

    Allegedly the minutes of a meeting they had in April. The sun are now running with it saying Celtic have contacted the police

    https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4322431/celtic-probe-transfer-document-leak/

    A lot of Celtic fans going into meltdown about it , especially thinking they’re after Barker
    Why would they contact the police, Surely no law has been broken?

  6. #5
    @hibs.net private member Col2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    48
    Posts
    4,079
    This looks like it’s been written by a 14 year old.

    Football clubs surely have a more sophisticated way of documenting including financial aspects, detail medical, performance stats, wellbeing etc.

    Must be a fake.

  7. #6
    Testimonial Due we are hibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    3,803
    It's fake.

  8. #7
    First Team Breakthrough Aritch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    124
    "NL to discuss with Allan Preston"

    Hahaha!

    Edit - Never mind. Just saw that Barker is represented by Stellar.
    Last edited by Aritch; 04-06-2019 at 06:51 AM.

  9. #8
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    lincolnshire
    Age
    59
    Posts
    16,139
    Let's examine the evidence

    Badly put together scruffy wee document

    Is that Donald Trump's odd wee finger in the picture? if so definitely fake news.

    Or maybe it's actually a bad toe - they've got the guy who made up the famous Celtc banner to take the minutes and he types with his toes.

    "I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

    Sir Matt Busby

  10. #9
    @hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    16,092
    Isn’t it just minutes of a meeting rather than a scouting document?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #10
    Coaching Staff jacomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    exile
    Posts
    14,587
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Isn’t it just minutes of a meeting rather than a scouting document?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Yes looks like it. Certainly not the ‘dossier’ trailed by The Sun.

    Convincing enough to me, not sure on what basis folk can claim to know it’s fake.

  12. #11
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Livingston
    Posts
    1,218
    With bad coverage of Celtic/ Celtic Boys Club, this is a good way of deflecting the media?????

  13. #12
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,345
    I'd be delighted if that was the quality of player that they're after under Lennon. Barker could beat a man for days but doesn't have a final product.


    Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

  14. #13
    Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Scotland
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,848
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Has to be real if Celtic are investigating as to how it was leaked.... Grim

  15. #14
    Administrator matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    37,964
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I think it's real, it looks like notes of a discussion about how they're going to prepare for shaping their team. Would be very surprised if most clubs don't have those conversations regularly.

    Hope Barker doesn't go to Celtc, though.

  16. #15
    Coaching Staff JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    26,452
    Must be fake it says Burke good start to loan.

    What who is LSL?

  17. #16
    @hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Sleepy Hollow
    Posts
    4,763
    Cannae wait for things to start to go Pete Tong for Celtic under Lennon

    Got my popcorn ready 😂

  18. #17
    @hibs.net private member H18S NX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Springfield,Leith
    Posts
    654
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cannae wait for things to start to go Pete Tong for Celtic under Lennon

    Got my popcorn ready 😂
    ......Snap!

  19. #18
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,345
    Quote Originally Posted by H18S NX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ......Snap!
    Local IKEA rubbing their hands together too...


    Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

  20. #19
    Testimonial Due pacoluna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    2,547
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd be delighted if that was the quality of player that they're after under Lennon. Barker could beat a man for days but doesn't have a final product.
    Far better player than Boyle.

  21. #20
    @hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    4,769
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Must be fake it says Burke good start to loan.

    What who is LSL?
    DD - Damien Duff
    JK - John Kennedy
    LC- Lee Congerton
    LSL - Laban Scott Libby (Technical Scout)
    MN - Michael Nicholson (Club Secretary)
    NL - Neil Lennon
    PL - Peter Lawell
    TMCK - Tommy McIntyre (Academy Director) or could be Tosh McKinley which would fit initials.
    Last edited by CapitalGreen; 04-06-2019 at 10:47 AM.

  22. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Far better player than Boyle.
    He would have had to have improved quite a bit then beause while they were both here Boyle was a much better player.

  23. #22
    Coaching Staff Sammy7nil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    7,119
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Seven Nil PSN ID: 0 7 Wii Code: 01011973 07
    Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Far better player than Boyle.
    With no end product

  24. #23
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    57
    Posts
    28,579
    Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Far better player than Boyle.
    Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s on Lennon’s list

  25. #24
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,286
    Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Far better player than Boyle.
    No, he's not.

  26. #25
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    9,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s on Lennon’s list
    With Boyle, a lot will depend on how he comes back from his injury. I'm always a bit concerned when quick players get knee injuries.

    I agree with your point though - Boyle's development under Lennon was one of Lennon's finest achievements at Hibs. I'd be amazed if Lennon didn't want to take Boyle there.

  27. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With Boyle, a lot will depend on how he comes back from his injury. I'm always a bit concerned when quick players get knee injuries.

    I agree with your point though - Boyle's development under Lennon was one of Lennon's finest achievements at Hibs. I'd be amazed if Lennon didn't want to take Boyle there.
    I agree about his comeback being a bit of a concern so fingers crossed he’s the same player.

    One thing though, how can you be sure his improvements were down to Lennon, could have been down to Boyle himself or the coaching staff? One of the most annoying things about last season was Boyle being played out of position up front which effectively weakened us in two areas. That was a mistake in not recruiting strikers in the summer window. Whether that was Lennon’s, the recruitment team or the boards fault we’ll never know. It was a big error though. Hopefully we’ll learn from that in this window. 👍

  28. #27
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    9,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree about his comeback being a bit of a concern so fingers crossed he’s the same player.

    One thing though, how can you be sure his improvements were down to Lennon, could have been down to Boyle himself or the coaching staff? One of the most annoying things about last season was Boyle being played out of position up front which effectively weakened us in two areas. That was a mistake in not recruiting strikers in the summer window. Whether that was Lennon’s, the recruitment team or the boards fault we’ll never know. It was a big error though. Hopefully we’ll learn from that in this window. ��
    I wouldn't put it just down to Lennon, in fact I agree that Boyle's own dedication will have been the main factor.

    Playing consistent first team football in the top league in a good team will also have helped.

    I just thought he came on leaps and bounds during Lennon's time at the club and you could tell from the way Lennon spoke of him that he really liked him. He went from being raw but effective to being technically quite a bit better in a fairly short space of time. It looked like he had been coached, so I credited the coach.
    Last edited by Smartie; 06-06-2019 at 03:33 PM.

  29. #28
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,016
    Maybe Barker has improved during his 6 games at Preston but he was nowhere near as effective a player as Boyler. Horgan was a significant upgrade on Barker without as much speed but much more end product . Barker was a decent option to have in the squad but I'm sure our best form in season 2017/18 coincided with when he was out injured.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved