hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 149

Thread: Scott Allan

  1. #91
    @hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    13,591
    Let's hope the laddie lives up to the apparent very high expectations.

    Personally I think it will take him time to regain the high qualities he obviously has and I hope last season's period of "inactivity" has not damaged his mind set.

    We'll see.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #92
    @hibs.net private member calumhibee1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    8,480
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He'll be off at the first sign of more cash.

    To manage to do so, he'll need to play very well for us.

    I'm not going to get all weepy schoolgirl when the inevitable happens, and I'll enjoy every moment of him playing for us between now and then.
    Yup. And hopefully heíll get the opportunity to bugger off to a higher level again as itíll mean heís been tearing it up for us.

  4. #93
    Testimonial Due Lucy Brown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Beyond the sea
    Posts
    1,079
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He'll be off at the first sign of more cash.

    To manage to do so, he'll need to play very well for us.

    I'm not going to get all weepy schoolgirl when the inevitable happens, and I'll enjoy every moment of him playing for us between now and then.
    Correct. He would go to the Rangers at the drop of a hat.

    Quote Originally Posted by hibshibshibs1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is becoming a bit cringeworthy.
    Correct.

  5. #94
    Coaching Staff HoboHarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy Brown View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Correct. He would go to the Rangers at the drop of a hat.



    Correct.
    He would go to any number of clubs at the drop of a hat if it was a step up. As would almost any other player anywhere in the world...

  6. #95
    ADMIN marinello59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I still live in hope.
    Posts
    29,789
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He would go to any number of clubs at the drop of a hat if it was a step up. As would almost any other player anywhere in the world...
    Exactly.
    I canít wait to see him back in a Hibs strip.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

  7. #96
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,811
    Itís great to see a player working hard in pre-pre-season. After a waste of a year of his career it looks like Scott is doing his best to hit the ground running. All the best to him and hopefully he can reproduce the form he has in hibs shirt in the past, itís exciting to wait and see. The potential impact he can have on the team is definitely a big one and if all goes tonplan other players will benefit too... looking forward to our first few games with him back.

  8. #97
    @hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Sleepy Hollow
    Posts
    5,355
    Bought my Season Ticket to see Scott Allan back and Heckys first full season at the wheel with hopefully more of his signings to come it is only the second week in June and already everyone is trying to spoil things 😁

  9. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exactly.
    I canít wait to see him back in a Hibs strip.
    Likewise, and alongside our other new signings

  10. #99
    Transfer window opened a couple of days ago so I'd have expected us to register Scotty as a Hibs player right away. I'm guessing they're waiting on him getting back from holiday before officially announcing it. Or maybe they're working on an announcement video.

  11. #100
    @hibs.net private member tamig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    6,582
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let's hope the laddie lives up to the apparent very high expectations.

    Personally I think it will take him time to regain the high qualities he obviously has and I hope last season's period of "inactivity" has not damaged his mind set.

    We'll see.
    I think heíll hit the ground running and be on it from the start. He seems to be a man on a mission.

  12. #101
    Testimonial Due Franck Stanton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dunbar
    Age
    59
    Posts
    3,088
    Just announce Scott Allan and show us him outside the training ground with the scarf above his head. P L E A S E

  13. #102
    Testimonial Due Just Jimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Manchester
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,216
    kenny Miller said the other day he's officially back on 10th but on holiday so starts back on 20th.



    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

  14. #103
    @hibs.net private member tamig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    6,582
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jimmy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    kenny Miller said the other day he's officially back on 10th but on holiday so starts back on 20th.



    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Kenny Miller is officially back at Dundee on the 10th but theyíre letting him have another 10 days? Whats that all about? And whats it got to do with Scotty?

  15. #104
    Testimonial Due Just Jimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Manchester
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kenny Miller is officially back at Dundee on the 10th but theyíre letting him have another 10 days? Whats that all about? And whats it got to do with Scotty?
    o.k.



    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

  16. #105
    Testimonial Due Lucy Brown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Beyond the sea
    Posts
    1,079
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let's hope the laddie lives up to the apparent very high expectations.

    Personally I think it will take him time to regain the high qualities he obviously has and I hope last season's period of "inactivity" has not damaged his mind set.

    We'll see.
    This is what worries me.

    The way folk are talking, he's going to rip up the league and smoke a cigar at the same time.

    Unfair pressure on him in my opinion, good player he undoubtedly is, but let's keep calm and give him a chance to get back to where he was.

  17. #106
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    9,961
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy Brown View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is what worries me.

    The way folk are talking, he's going to rip up the league and smoke a cigar at the same time.

    Unfair pressure on him in my opinion, good player he undoubtedly is, but let's keep calm and give him a chance to get back to where he was.
    I disagree.

    He's a cracking player and deserves better than to be left in a comfort zone.

    The player is putting in a power of work to be ready to impress. Let's set a high bar, let's expect a lot of Scott and all the other players.

    He's capable enough and I think he'll thrive on the pressure.

  18. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy Brown View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is what worries me.

    The way folk are talking, he's going to rip up the league and smoke a cigar at the same time.

    Unfair pressure on him in my opinion, good player he undoubtedly is, but let's keep calm and give him a chance to get back to where he was.
    Don't think it's this at all. I think people are just really looking forward to seeing him pulling on the green and white and doing what he does best again.

    I think he'll be a fans favourite and he'll naturally be allowed some leniency because of that.

    If results are going badly the usual scapegoats will get it in the neck!
    Lien Nonnel

  19. #108
    @hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    West Upper
    Age
    34
    Posts
    23,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy Brown View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is what worries me.

    The way folk are talking, he's going to rip up the league and smoke a cigar at the same time.

    Unfair pressure on him in my opinion, good player he undoubtedly is, but let's keep calm and give him a chance to get back to where he was.

    I just want to see him back in the colours green and white playing the wonderful football we all know he is capable of. Theres no pressure on him as he is more than capable of tearing up this league. we've seen him do it previously.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

  20. #109
    Lewis & Paul expect him to hit the ground running. On STV this eve.

  21. #110
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    21,130
    For anyone thatís interested in how hard it is for him playing with Type 1 Diabetes I see heís put a link on his Instagram story to a short film called Hypo that could be an interesting watch.

    Iíve not been able to watch it myself as Iím having to read about it with the sound down so not sure if the link is a trailer or it is actually the short film but thought it could be worth mentioning.

    I suspect Heckingbottom will be a good manager for him working with that condition.

  22. #111
    Coaching Staff jacomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    exile
    Posts
    14,721
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree.

    He's a cracking player and deserves better than to be left in a comfort zone.

    The player is putting in a power of work to be ready to impress. Let's set a high bar, let's expect a lot of Scott and all the other players.

    He's capable enough and I think he'll thrive on the pressure.



    I think he thrives when he knows his team mates are going to try and get the ball to him and expect him to do something with it.

    He may take a little while to get going but heís not here to make up the numbers.

  23. #112
    Testimonial Due The_Exile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    East Lothian
    Posts
    2,379
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For anyone thatís interested in how hard it is for him playing with Type 1 Diabetes I see heís put a link on his Instagram story to a short film called Hypo that could be an interesting watch.

    Iíve not been able to watch it myself as Iím having to read about it with the sound down so not sure if the link is a trailer or it is actually the short film but thought it could be worth mentioning.

    I suspect Heckingbottom will be a good manager for him working with that condition.
    Itís really difficult playing with it, I jacked it in aged 15/16 as just couldnít hack it any longer so he has my utmost respect for making it work. Thereís quite a few type 1 pros out there these days and sure there will be more in the future now that managing the condition is becoming relatively easier with new technologies.

  24. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kenny Miller is officially back at Dundee on the 10th but theyíre letting him have another 10 days? Whats that all about? And whats it got to do with Scotty?
    I assume this is a joke.

  25. #114
    @hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Grange, Edinburgh
    Age
    51
    Posts
    1,575
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy Brown View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is what worries me.

    The way folk are talking, he's going to rip up the league and smoke a cigar at the same time.

    Unfair pressure on him in my opinion, good player he undoubtedly is, but let's keep calm and give him a chance to get back to where he was.
    I get your point but I think expectations are realistic based on his performances last season. You donít lose that ability in 12 months. SJM aside, Scott Allan is one of my favourite Hibs players in recent memory. Itís a total waste of talent that someone with his ability isnít a regular for Scotland.

    Not only does he have ability but he seems to now appreciate what heís missed in not playing regular football. Iím really impressed with his pre season training regime.

    I canít remember wait to see him pull on a Hibs jersey again.
    Last edited by jeffers; 18-06-2019 at 11:36 AM.

  26. #115
    @hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I assume this is a joke.
    Kenny Miller/Kenny Millar confusion.

  27. #116
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    21,130
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Exile View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Itís really difficult playing with it, I jacked it in aged 15/16 as just couldnít hack it any longer so he has my utmost respect for making it work. Thereís quite a few type 1 pros out there these days and sure there will be more in the future now that managing the condition is becoming relatively easier with new technologies.
    Is there? I hadnít heard of any others.

    Danny Mcgrane and Gary Mabbutt were the only other players I knew of that had it, any other ones in Scotland do you know?

  28. #117
    Coaching Staff Betty Boop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Sunny Leith
    Posts
    8,543
    Makes you wonder why he couldn't get a game for Celtic ?

  29. #118
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    21,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Makes you wonder why he couldn't get a game for Celtic ?
    What does?

    Lots of players not made the great at Celtic Iíd happily take at Hibs, theyíre a considerably better side than us.

  30. #119
    @hibs.net private member tamig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    6,582
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kenny Miller/Kenny Millar confusion.
    Its one of those some folk just canít seem to get their heads around.

  31. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its one of those some folk just canít seem to get their heads around.
    Is Kenny Millar signing for an SPFL team or is he staying in the Championship? 😉

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved