hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 149

Thread: Scott Allan

  1. #61
    First Team Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    43
    Posts
    794
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How long til someone blames his diabetes for a poor performance?
    Don't underestimate the challenge of managing diabetes as an athlete. Exercise impacts blood sugar significantly and not always in a predictable way. Both high and low blood sugar will impact performance and staying in the middle is not always easy


  2. Log in to remove the advert


  3. #63
    Solipsist Eyrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    PDSBRE
    Posts
    7,814
    There were a number of posters (myself included) who didn't want Allan back for the six month loan spell based on how he left us and what he'd done in the interval.

    Allan's performances on his return won me (and I'm sure everyone else) over.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

  4. #64
    First Team Regular jax67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Oxgangs
    Posts
    696
    Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When we were linked with him I was delighted with the prospect of him coming back.
    Me tae!

  5. #65
    Testimonial Due weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The wee *****y of course
    Posts
    3,422
    I'm big enough to admit that I wasn't fussed about him coming back last time after the way he left. But he proved me wrong with the way he played, can't wait to see him back next season

  6. #66
    @hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    West Upper
    Age
    34
    Posts
    23,851
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm big enough to admit that I wasn't fussed about him coming back last time after the way he left. But he proved me wrong with the way he played, can't wait to see him back next season

    I remember a few dunderheeds giving him dogs abuse away at Dumbarton for apparently not trying hard enough which resulted in small outbreaks of fans scrapping with each. Ridiculous behaviour that day. He's a top player, we should think ourselves lucky to have him as imo, he's too good for this league.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

  7. #67
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    57
    Posts
    28,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I remember a few dunderheeds giving him dogs abuse away at Dumbarton for apparently not trying hard enough which resulted in small outbreaks of fans scrapping with each. Ridiculous behaviour that day. He's a top player, we should think ourselves lucky to have him as imo, he's too good for this league.
    Think it was more to do with him handing in a transfer request, so he could go to Rangers
    Thankfully Hibs stood strong

  8. #68
    @hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    West Upper
    Age
    34
    Posts
    23,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think it was more to do with him handing in a transfer request, so he could go to Rangers
    Thankfully Hibs stood strong

    I can't ever see us selling to them again Billy, it would have to be some offer from them but **** their money we don't want it.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

  9. #69
    @hibs.net private member Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Neu Reekie
    Age
    56
    Posts
    7,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think it was more to do with him handing in a transfer request, so he could go to Rangers
    Thankfully Hibs stood strong
    He was not a popular laddie that day though and I understood why at the time. Bad enough being forced to play (and lose) games against Dumbarton without your top man trying to find his way to those *******s (who we were in absolute competition with at the time). I think he realised his mistake pretty quickly and heís been great for Hibs since then and hopefully again.

  10. #70
    @hibs.net private member Diclonius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Larbert
    Age
    28
    Posts
    13,148
    Allan telling McCann he wanted to go to us and his performances (and attitude) since have shown he realised he'd made a mistake and wanted to make up for it.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeT View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't underestimate the challenge of managing diabetes as an athlete. Exercise impacts blood sugar significantly and not always in a predictable way. Both high and low blood sugar will impact performance and staying in the middle is not always easy
    Sometimes heís does look tired after 70 mins but heís often full of running near the end in other games which probably proves your point.

    Heís so good though and itís going to be great having him for hopefully his peak years.

  12. #72
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,471
    Being truthful I thought his behaviour under Stubbs at the start of his second season was absolutely appalling and I never wanted to see him back in a Hibs shirt again.

    His performances when we signed him on loan suggested that he was willing to make up for his mistake. I hope he never is as stupid again and I'm looking forward to his return.


    Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

  13. #73
    https://twitter.com/homeofhibs/statu...079033857?s=21


    Brilliant to see.

    Maybe needs to brush up on his timing a bit though!😁

  14. #74
    @hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    West Upper
    Age
    34
    Posts
    23,851
    I love this man. Scotty is going to be a Hibs legend 100%. Fully fit and on his game he is unplayable. Cannot wait to see him in the famous green and white again.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://twitter.com/homeofhibs/statu...079033857?s=21


    Brilliant to see.

    Maybe needs to brush up on his timing a bit though!😁
    Good lad. Can't wait to see him back.

  16. #76
    Great to see...Ö.a terrific player

  17. #77
    @hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Haddington
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How long til someone blames his diabetes for a poor performance?
    Try living with t1 diabetes on a daily basis. I do and it is utterly exhausting. No wonder heís blowing out of his arse after an hour with the shift he puts in coupled with the condition.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

  18. #78
    Looking at his Instagram lately looks like him, Doranís and Patrick Roberts are putting in some extra training .... some good dedication


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by dp00 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looking at his Instagram lately looks like him, Doranís and Patrick Roberts are putting in some extra training .... some good dedication


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Heís certainly putting the work in thatís for sure. He looks in fantastic condition and like he has already done a pre season, not away to start one!

    Canít wait to see what a fully fit Scott Allan can do with a full pre season under him!

  20. #80
    Testimonial Due Lucy Brown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Beyond the sea
    Posts
    1,079
    Quote Originally Posted by dp00 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looking at his Instagram lately looks like him, Doranís and Patrick Roberts are putting in some extra training .... some good dedication


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's great to hear.

  21. #81
    @hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Penicuik
    Age
    43
    Posts
    29,944
    Quote Originally Posted by dp00 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looking at his Instagram lately looks like him, Doranís and Patrick Roberts are putting in some extra training .... some good dedication


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Patrick Roberts signed for Norwich has he no ?

  22. #82
    I can't wait to see Scott Allan back in Hibs gear. Some things are just meant to be and Allan and Hibs fall into that bracket. I think he realises it now as well.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  23. #83
    First Team Regular JohnM1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    877
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: johnmac1875
    He's looks in outstanding shape! Cannot wait to see him at ER again terrorising the opposition.

  24. #84
    Coaching Staff hfc rd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Age
    27
    Posts
    7,287
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: RD4138MU
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Patrick Roberts signed for Norwich has he no ?

    Yep, season loan

  25. #85
    @hibs.net private member 90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    5,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't wait to see Scott Allan back in Hibs gear. Some things are just meant to be and Allan and Hibs fall into that bracket. I think he realises it now as well.
    This. We will get the remainder of his career which Iím hoping is another 5 years at a very impressive level. This time next year he will be in the Scotland squad.

  26. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This. We will get the remainder of his career which Iím hoping is another 5 years at a very impressive level. This time next year he will be in the Scotland squad.
    Yeah i can't see him leaving us again. He knows where he's happiest.

  27. #87
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    9,961
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah i can't see him leaving us again. He knows where he's happiest.
    He'll be off at the first sign of more cash.

    To manage to do so, he'll need to play very well for us.

    I'm not going to get all weepy schoolgirl when the inevitable happens, and I'll enjoy every moment of him playing for us between now and then.

  28. #88
    Last season we really missed his ability to play that killer pass to unlock a defence.

    I'm hoping for big things this season from Scotty but I'm trying to keep my expectations in check. Don't want to be too disappointed if he gets off to a slow start.

  29. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah i can't see him leaving us again. He knows where he's happiest.
    This is becoming a bit cringeworthy.

  30. #90
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Antwerp
    Posts
    9,085
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Try living with t1 diabetes on a daily basis. I do and it is utterly exhausting. No wonder heís blowing out of his arse after an hour with the shift he puts in coupled with the condition.
    I'm not doubting that it is utterly exhausting. My point was meant to be that the second he has a bad game, it will be used as an reason, rather than just that he played poorly.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved