hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Will Brexit happen on 31st October?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

35 46.05%
  • No

41 53.95%
Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545535455
Results 1,621 to 1,647 of 1647
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Forget the Hulk, now he's the Invisible Man:

(Johnson bottled a press conference with Xavier Bettel, the PM of Luxembourg, because a couple of hundred British ex-pats turned up to protest.)
    Bizarre scenes.

Why travel all the way to Luxembourg to drown out a press conference though? Plays right into Johnson's hands.

On a more general level where do these types come from, in particular those who hang around outside Parliament day after day either shouting 'Stop Brexit' or waving 'We voted leave' placacards? How do they have so much free time on their hands?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    Bizarre scenes.

Why travel all the way to Luxembourg to drown out a press conference though? Plays right into Johnson's hands.

On a more general level where do these types come from, in particular those who hang around outside Parliament day after day either shouting 'Stop Brexit' or waving 'We voted leave' placacards? How do they have so much free time on their hands?
    I think the suggestion is they are Brits who live in Luxembourg rather than travelling in specially.

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    At 39 years old I still have my sights set on being Hibs no 10, I probably have more chance and I'm less deluded than Swinson
    Things have become so polarised (ie we appear to now be facing a choice of no deal or no Brexit) I'm not sure we can laugh off the Lib Dem chances of making a serious impact at a general election. Not necessarily winning it, but significantly compromising the Labour vote.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Things have become so polarised (ie we appear to now be facing a choice of no deal or no Brexit) I'm not sure we can laugh off the Lib Dem chances of making a serious impact at a general election. Not necessarily winning it, but significantly compromising the Labour vote.
    They have my vote.

(I live in Chippenham, a Lib Dem v Tory battleground).

J

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    They have my vote.

(I live in Chippenham, a Lib Dem v Tory battleground).

J
    My constituency was one in which Labour made huge progress compared to 2015. They increased their share by 12% and are now in clear second place so I'll be voting for them.

Hopefully there'll be a Brexit Party candidate standing too. If so, Labour will have a decent chance of winning.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned 2,389.68!

Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    he said that his favourite episode of the hulk is the one where a small group of people shouts loudly and he runs away
    sulk...
    ...dash!

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Bizarre scenes.

It really doesn't.

Why travel all the way to Luxembourg for a press conference, only to wuss out of it? Just makes him look as weak and feeble as his predecessor.

If true that 'protesters' were paid to go there with taxpayers money authorised by Cummings as part of a stunt, that's an absolute disgrace.

Just to clarify, I don't believe that but people up and down the country might be saying it.

And they will pick up the Tory remain vote.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

You watch Johnson for 30 seconds and all you see is a habitual liar. Watching him interviewed by Laura Kuenssberg, hardly the toughest interviewer on the scene, on the BBC news just now and you can literally see him stumble from one lie to the next.

The interview with him talking about how he 'makes model buses' in his spare time was the most blatant lying I have ever seen from anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    I'd vote for this guy. Seems like a solid policy to me.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    You watch Johnson for 30 seconds and all you see is a habitual liar. Watching him interviewed by Laura Kuenssberg, hardly the toughest interviewer on the scene, on the BBC news just now and you can literally see him stumble from one lie to the next.

The interview with him talking about how he 'makes model buses' in his spare time was the most blatant lying I have ever seen from anyone.
    Also becoming increasingly obvious how inarticulate he is. Most of the European politicians who are interviewed on Brexit speak more coherent English than Johnson.

The anyone but Corbyn mantra (lifted from 'The week in quotes'):

"There is no circumstance or exigency in which I could support his coming to power and so I have to make my choices. They are these: anything, anyone, any outcome but Corbyn. A Remainer, I would rather no-deal; a democrat, I would rather no Brexit; a Unionist, I would rather Scottish independence. Whatever the costs, the costs of Corbyn will always be higher."
    Who is being quoted there?

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Watched the interview and it's quite scary how clueless Boris is. He literally does not have a clue and Kuenssberg would have got more sense from an interview with quasimodo.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fife-Hibee View Post
    It really doesn't.

Why travel all the way to Luxembourg for a press conference, only to wuss out of it? Just makes him look as weak and feeble as his predecessor.
    It was by far Johnson's best appearance since becoming PM.

https://www.rt.com/uk/468922-verhofs...ech-ridiculed/

I kind of get what he is trying to say but this sort of "empire" chat won't help the Lib Dems out with soft leavers or even soft remainers, and it is the sort of language that had me leaning towards Leave at one point.

Verhofstadt is for me the Farage of the pro EU side, some of his views are just as scary.

Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    Watched the interview and it's quite scary how clueless Boris is. He literally does not have a clue and Kuenssberg would have got more sense from an interview with quasimodo.
    I think hes being shown up for how out of his depth he is. In the HoC, in the street and in interviews he looks flustered and confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    I think hes being shown up for how out of his depth he is. In the HoC, in the street and in interviews he looks flustered and confused.
    And terrified that the Evil Genius sacks him and puts Govey in his place.

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Also becoming increasingly obvious how inarticulate he is. Most of the European politicians who are interviewed on Brexit speak more coherent English than Johnson.
    Which is why he is going to find it very difficult to keep it together in any election campaign

It is also the reason, that elections are the next thing his junta say we can do without.

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    Swinson is just going to dilute the remain vote and hand no-deal to the tories.
    Labour need to come out and do the same. Cancel Brexit, and commit to holding town-hall meetings to find out what the country really wants (without all the bull**** and false promises).
    Let the economy recover and be able to spell out exactly what needs to be renegotiated (or not) and help educate the population on what the EU does and does not do for us.

It'll never happen. far too sensible.
    In fact they don't need to be in power to educate the country. They could start now. They could return to parliament every day and have Parliament TV all to themselves having a massive Q&A session.

(they probably couldn't get in and parly tv is probably shutdown, but hey, its all unused)

Oh look, Ruth "oh what's she like" Davidson has found a voice...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...mpression=true

Why wasn't any of this aired as leader of the Scottish Conservatives?

Without a shadow of a doubt, she is a grade 1, class A, total ****ing ***** bag,and any unionist taken in by her and the Scottish media's coverage of her should take a ****ing good look at themselves.

I hate that ****...

@hibs.net private member Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post
    Oh look, Ruth "oh what's she like" Davidson has found a voice...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...mpression=true

Why wasn't any of this aired as leader of the Scottish Conservatives?

Without a shadow of a doubt, she is a grade 1, class A, total ****ing ***** bag,and any unionist taken in by her and the Scottish media's coverage of her should take a ****ing good look at themselves.

I hate that ****...
    In a candid interview, the 40-year-old once tipped for PM said it felt "naughty" having her first weekend off work for a decade

Christ, she can't even be honest when talking about breaks ffs.

@hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fife-Hibee View Post
    In a candid interview, the 40-year-old once tipped for PM said it felt "naughty" having her first weekend off work for a decade

Christ, she can't even be honest when talking about breaks ffs.
    Shes been off work for months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post
    https://www.rt.com/uk/468922-verhofs...ech-ridiculed/

I kind of get what he is trying to say but this sort of "empire" chat won't help the Lib Dems out with soft leavers or even soft remainers, and it is the sort of language that had me leaning towards Leave at one point.

Verhofstadt is for me the Farage of the pro EU side, some of his views are just as scary.
    Probably the biggest piece of vermin in Europe. The political clout he has is incredible, he makes Boris look left wing and sensible.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAsHellas View Post
    Probably the biggest piece of vermin in Europe. The political clout he has is incredible, he makes Boris look left wing and sensible.
    Vermin? Did you mean to say blowfly?