hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    People asking for a bar or restaurant, how much money do you think these would make in the few hours trading every other week?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What is the space between the FF and East currently used for? See a a few cars being ushered in; is it an overspill of the west stand car park atm?
    It’s known as the ‘triangle’ within the club and is the player’s car park on match days.

Famous Five lower to be turned into the singing section with safe standing and family section into the west lower (better view and more room for the next generation of Hibs fans)

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I'd love the long awaited Famous Five statue
    While I agree, they already have a stand named after them. If we're going to get statues, it should be one of Sir David Peter Gray, Hibernian FC Captain to begin with.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbo27 View Post
    Might sound silly but there is very little/no shelves for putting your food and drink on in the East Concourse
    Think you are going to be happy. Plans for that to be done.

A clinical striker for starters.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Loads stadium wise. Taking off the green tinted specs, the place is grubby and shabby in places. It wouldn’t cost a fortune to bring it back up to the standard it should be at.

The stands both internally and externally need a serious pressure washing. The concourses need brightened up and all steel work needs some tlc and a coat of paint.

Black nets, failing that green and white

Easter Road Stadium and names of stands on top of stands

The run off area of the pitch not growing through the AstroTurf. It does my nut in.

I’d also love the stadium enclosed with brickwork in the corner, see Genoa. There’s also a stadium in Europe and for the life of me I can’t mind who, but it’s 4 seperate stands enclosed in the corners with white/ grey brickwork which looks smart. The absolute dream would be to knock down the Famous 5 and rebuild that end as a single tier with proper safe terracing like they have in Germany, no this rail seat nonsense, and joining onto the East. Total pipe dream though.
    Last edited by .Sean.; 27-05-2019 at 06:58 AM.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    A decent PA system would be nice.
    Agree, PA in West is not good

Quote Originally Posted by bigstu View Post
    Toilets in the West Lower that don't involve those entering having to squeeze past those exiting, therefore taking away the log jam that happens every week.

Hibs are a well run club but do nothing at all to enhance the match day experience ever. I suppose they've measured that they don't need to, we'll just keep coming back.
    Nothing worse than a log jam

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    I would like to see:

• More Hibs-related things around the ground inside and out. I'm talking murals of great moments, bits of commentary, player quotes etc. Create a very strong sense of history and identity at every turn.
    • A proper video scoreboard between the East and the South.
    • A much better bar operation in Behind The Goals, so you no longer have to queue 30 minutes for a pint.
    • Vastly improved catering.
    • To try something different, open up the "entrance song" of the team to the fans, give them on instagram/twitter a chance to vote between 5 new songs for each game.

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Loads stadium wise. Taking off the green tinted specs, the place is grubby and shabby in places. It wouldn’t cost a fortune to bring it back up to the standard it should be at.

The stands both internally and externally need a serious pressure washing. The concourses need brightened up and all steel work needs some tlc and a coat of paint.

Black nets, failing that green and white

Easter Road Stadium and names of stands on top of stands

The run off area of the pitch not growing through the AstroTurf. It does my nut in.

I’d also love the stadium enclosed with brickwork in the corner, see Genoa. There’s also a stadium in Europe and for the life of me I can’t mind who, but it’s 4 seperate stands enclosed in the corners with white/ grey brickwork which looks smart. The absolute dream would be to knock down the Famous 5 and rebuild that end as a single tier with proper safe terracing like they have in Germany, no this rail seat nonsense, and joining onto the East. Total pipe dream though.
    I think the stadium you're thinking of with the enclosed corners is the Boavista stadium in Portugal, its a great ground.

With the stands being 25 years old in the case of the FF & South and almost 20 in the West's case, the seats are starting to fade badly. Simply by replacing the seats with fresh green seats would instantly change the appearance of the stadium for the better.

A couple of years ago both Sevilla and Real Betis replaced their faded seating and the results were remarkable (wish I could post before and after so show you just how good the change looked) I noticed during the playoffs that Sunderland have also started to replace their faded seats with improved modern seating and the Stadium of Light is looking so much better.

@hibs.net private member
    The stadium is more than good enough. Money to the playing side if any available

Full size indoor Astro at HTC

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    People asking for a bar or restaurant, how much money do you think these would make in the few hours trading every other week?
    People tend to forget that the stadium is only in use to a large degree, a few hours each fortnight.

Not trying to hijack the thread but sometime in the future, many clubs are going to have to move to shared communal facilities on match days, as cost of owning and maintaining their own stadium increase.

To be profitable, and provide a decent return on capital expenditure etc, a Qantas jumbo jet has to be in the air close on 24 hrs a day.

Our main asset is in use for a few hours a week.

1. Full size astro at HTC (to train on before games at killie, Hamilton
    2. Power wash the outside off the stands, get them looking smart again.
    3. Decent pa for in the East, can't even make out numbers for happy hibee draw at h/t

Quote Originally Posted by SChibs View Post
    A few plungers to tackle the log jam shouldn't cost the club too much.
    Made me smile

It’s known as the ‘triangle’ within the club and is the player’s car park on match days.
    If we build in there then add a basement for parking if it's such a want and need !! It already sits on or below ground level ..

Tannoy system in East Stand, ski lift to get me to my seat (knees starting to buckle), a plan to improve exit time from games, singing section spread along the top row of the East Stand to encourage singing right across the stand, cheaper food to encourage sales & stop ripping fans off e.g. 1 x Capri Sun £1.50 at game 10 x Capri Sun at Asda etc £2.00. I think that’s me happy now 😬.

Coaching Staff
    A big screen, similar to what they have in English grounds. With updates, results, teams
    Last edited by GloryGlory; 27-05-2019 at 12:27 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Sometimes it doesn’t have to be completely about money making to begin with but actually enhancing the match day experience for the support?

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    They could make the Happy Hibee draw much more popular by varying the prizes and having more prizes.

Options might include:

Vouchers for the club shop. (1 x £50, 1 x £25, 1 x £10)
    More and smaller guaranteed cash prizes e.g (1 x £500, 1 x £300 and 1 x £200)
    Stadium Tour vouchers

First Team Breakthrough Dobosz83's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dobosz1983
    A scoreboard at the Famous Five end as I can’t see the one at the Dunbar End from my seat in the West!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobosz83 View Post
    A scoreboard at the Famous Five end as I can’t see the one at the Dunbar End from my seat in the West!
    If you’re watching the game surely you know the score?

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Goblin View Post
    They could make the Happy Hibee draw much more popular by varying the prizes and having more prizes.

Options might include:

Vouchers for the club shop. (1 x £50, 1 x £25, 1 x £10)
    More and smaller guaranteed cash prizes e.g (1 x £500, 1 x £300 and 1 x £200)
    Stadium Tour vouchers
    They could make the happy hibee draw more popular by actually having people selling tickets for it.

Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    They could make the happy hibee draw more popular by actually having people selling tickets for it.
    Good point. I sit in the East and I don't think I've ever actually seen anyone selling tickets for it.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    Genuinely the only place I’ve seen them sold for god knows how long is the bottom of the stairs BTG. They used to always be sold by the turnstiles by youth team players etc

Will the fans reps show this thread to the board?
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Good point. I sit in the East and I don't think I've ever actually seen anyone selling tickets for it.
    Mate buys one in the East every home game? Normally people selling them as soon as your enter via turnstiles.

Maybe they should be made more visible or have a booth or something?

Left by mutual consent!
    Not seen them since the bottom of the steps in the Old east. Once I think concourse west lower.

Redecorate the faded paint work (including row numbers on the steps), pressure wash the whole place, replace the ripped padded seats in section 51.

I don't think the plastic seats are yet at the stage where they need to be replaced, but we need to start preparing for that.

Move the Singing Section back to the East Stand, but this time at the north end (back of section 38 or 39). That way, the nutters* in section 43 can join in with the singing but it's still spread out a bit more.

* I use the term affectionately ;-)

First Team Breakthrough Dobosz83's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dobosz1983
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    If you’re watching the game surely you know the score?
    Well we ought to do away with them across the country based on that logic

I'm thinking more for the clock as oppose to the score. When I sat in the East it was nice to glance at the South and see what minute we were at in games that were close and I could decide whether to continue chewing my nails.

I also like the half time scores so I can check in on my Acca as there is zero signal from my horrendous Mobile provider the moment I get to my seat.

Lastly, the Happy Hibee draw, I now have a higher chance of winning in the West but can never make it out over the PA system. That is usually placed on the scoreboard as well.

For the record, it's really a minor bug bear, I'm quite happy with ER in all honesty!
    Last edited by Dobosz83; 27-05-2019 at 12:11 PM.