hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar

Which Improvements Would You Like To See Most At ER?

I've posted this in the PM forum thinking it was being posted in main, so...

As the club posts pictures of the new pitch getting ready for next season, I started thinking about what development I'd like to see the club spend money on.

Obviously we talk about filling in the corners, the naming of the stands, the long awaited helipad and we've also got a big piece of empty land we own between the FF and East.

Given all the HibsTV media facilities we have, I'd like to see a new scoreboard replace our current Atari version and be placed in the corner between East and South, where it could show player profiles, clips from past matches, replays of goals and of course, a great source of Ad revenue.

This would give us a stadium befitting one of 'Europe's best young strikers'.

What improvement would you like to see at the ground?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

As the club posts pictures of the new pitch getting ready for next season, I started thinking about what development I'd like to see the club spend money on.

Obviously we talk about filling in the corners, the naming of the stands, the long awaited helipad and we've also got a big piece of empty land we own between the FF and East.

Given all the HibsTV media facilities we have, I'd like to see a new scoreboard replace our current Atari version and be placed in the corner between East and South, where it could show player profiles, clips from past matches, replays of goals and of course, a great source of Ad revenue.

Some semi decent grub served in the concourses would be a good start.

@hibs.net private member

I'd rather have a player on the park scoring goals than spend money on a TV screen to watch replays of goals.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I would build a supporters hub on that empty site. A restaurant for those who want good grub - somewhere proper wi tablecloths n that (Still Game fans get fifty pence for placing that quote), then a bar/pub type place for everyday fans who want a beer and a burger before the game.

You could even have a museum on site too, as well as more hospitality suites that could have boxes and balconies facing the pitch from the corner.

I think that would be cool as ****.

Otherwise it's quite clear that the stadium needs tarted up, as evidenced by the club looking for staff.

A light above each of the beautiful Hibernian badges on the West Stand

A decent PA system would be nice.

Left by mutual consent!
    We should have a fan zone in between the east and ff.

Giant screen to watch games, outside catering and a place for kids to play football.

I know it would never happen, but id love to see a big supporters (maybe multi level) bar built in that corner between the east and ff, like the one's they do in Holland. Keep the prices as low as possible., serve decent grub, big tv's to get folk in before for other games etc. loads of memorabilia dotted about.

Id most like to see them Improve the tannoy/sound system, it's *****.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BS44 View Post
    A light above each of the beautiful Hibernian badges on the West Stand
    That sounds nice. I’d pitch in.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Safe standing section in FF lower and a harp on top middle of the East Stand

Left by mutual consent!
    Singing section behind the goal and sort the PA system out.

What is the space between the FF and East currently used for? See a a few cars being ushered in; is it an overspill of the west stand car park atm?

The concourse in the east is a bit dull. Maybe more green and white rather than Grey? Also is there really any need for the massive sponsor borders around the TV screens? Go down at half time and look up to check the results and you can barely make it out.

I'd love the long awaited Famous Five statue

Safe standing in the lower FF

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    The concourse in the east is a bit dull. Maybe more green and white rather than Grey? Also is there really any need for the massive sponsor borders around the TV screens? Go down at half time and look up to check the results and you can barely make it out.
    Might sound silly but there is very little/no shelves for putting your food and drink on in the East Concourse

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Safe standing in the lower FF
    Wouldn't really work for some of the young kids in the family section?

I'd like to see the steel work behind the famous Five replaced. It has the sillouhete of the old beer may badge on it.

What is the space between the FF and East currently used for? See a a few cars being ushered in; is it an overspill of the west stand car park atm?
    It’s used by photographers so they can easily get cameras etc pitchside

@hibs.net private member Mantis Toboggan's Avatar
    Catering is abysmal.
    Also, better music. Charts now are absolute ***** and sadly ER is the only place I get made to listen to anything like them

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar

The mosaic harp reinstated in its rightful place.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    A decent PA system would be nice.
    So will we spend 50 grand or something like that on a sound system instead of a players wages ...is a PA system really that important in the scheme of things ?

It's a waste of space ...but to build on it it needs to be the right business venture for us, that gets us good revenue . There is space in the FF that needs upgrading that can be used for pre match family use .

Decent PA system

Singing section in an area where they'll help with the atmosphere, maybe massage standing in one the corner between Famous 5 and East stand.

Decent priced food

Fan club somewhere in the ground, BTG is crap.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    An improvement on the pitch with better players is all I want.

Toilets in the West Lower that don't involve those entering having to squeeze past those exiting, therefore taking away the log jam that happens every week.

Hibs are a well run club but do nothing at all to enhance the match day experience ever. I suppose they've measured that they don't need to, we'll just keep coming back.

Just out of interest, what do you suppose is the life span of the FF & South stands?

They are 25 years old this summer and although very functional and all that, are they starting to show their age?

Slightly tired looking now and things like lifts starting to falter, what can we do?

Remember when the East was built the pitch was enlarged in an easterly direction. This means that the two end stands no longer sit centered on the middle of the pitch, its just a minor thing but a wee bug bear of mine.

If money was no object, I would build two new end stands, both single tiered and with the FF end being totally safe standing. The gap between the FF and East could be used for much revamped function suites, shops, museum or fans hub or a combination of all of that as the space is very large indeed.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Renfrew_Hibby View Post
    Just out of interest, what do you suppose is the life span of the FF & South stands?

They are 25 years old this summer and although very functional and all that, are they starting to show their age?

Slightly tired looking now and things like lifts starting to falter, what can we do?

Remember when the East was built the pitch was enlarged in an easterly direction. This means that the two end stands no longer sit centered on the middle of the pitch, its just a minor thing but a wee bug bear of mine.

If money was no object, I would build two new end stands, both single tiered and with the FF end being totally safe standing. The gap between the FF and East could be used for much revamped function suites, shops, museum or fans hub or a combination of all of that as the space is very large indeed.

Thoughts?
    I was in the main stand recently for the stadium tour and was really surprised at how tatty and tired it was. Ripped carpets and things. Thats a stand what, 5 years younger than the FF and South stands? I know thats the inside but still.

Spend some money on extending and taking control of the food and drink outlets.

Get a centre forward who can head the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by bigstu View Post
    Toilets in the West Lower that don't involve those entering having to squeeze past those exiting, therefore taking away the log jam that happens every week.

Hibs are a well run club but do nothing at all to enhance the match day experience ever. I suppose they've measured that they don't need to, we'll just keep coming back.
    A few plungers to tackle the log jam shouldn't cost the club too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo27 View Post
    We should have a fan zone in between the east and ff.

Giant screen to watch games, outside catering and a place for kids to play football.
    Good idea.

Moving the singing section is an absolute must

Away fans in the upper tier or corner of the west (Hamilton etc)

Camera angle to back of lower tier in the west if possible

Green and white nets

Close the upper tier for games with low crowds (midweek cup games) to condense the crowd

Loads of improvements could be made