hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Soft touch Hearts

Celebrating and giving themselves pats on the back for narrowly losing a final and staying back to applaud the players. Reminds me of us in 2013. Soft.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Celebrating and giving themselves pats on the back for narrowly losing a final and staying back to applaud the players. Reminds me of us in 2013. Soft.
    The big team.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    They're all congratulating eachother and their club over on kb for a job well done. Long may it continue.

In 2013 most accepted we had been pretty garbage on the day and it was just a show of support and defiance. We were basically just glad it was only a bit of a humping rather than a humiliation as it had been the year before.

On Kickback they are all raving about their 'sensational' and 'brilliant' performance and getting dewy eyed about their brave warriors leading them to a bright future.

In reality they played their part in a dull anti football contest that was a shocking advert for the Scottish game.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    In 2013 most accepted we had been pretty garbage on the day and it was just a show of support and defiance. We were basically just glad it was only a bit of a humping rather than a humiliation as it had been the year before.

On Kickback they are all raving about their 'sensational' and 'brilliant' performance and getting dewy eyed about their brave warriors leading them to a bright future.

In reality they played their part in a dull anti football contest that was a shocking advert for the Scottish game.
    I’m getting some spectacular bites from my hertz supporting acquaintances. Half of whom couldn’t be arsed attending.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    They're fooling no-one. Had a very easy route to the final with the toughest tie at the start v Livi. A replay against Partick and just because Celtic were poor today and they didn't get hammered they try to delude anyone who will listen that it was some sort of achievement.

Left by mutual consent!
    They'll never have a better chance of beating Celtic again in a cup final as that was a woeful Celtic today / last 8 months.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

The fans interview on Sportscene summed it up. "Just glad we all got to celebrate a goal". Bunch of boring Volvo driving Tory melts.

First Team Breakthrough
    Yes I hated that, we never laid a glove on celtic yet stayed behind to applaud.

They played well and are rightfully proud of their side imo.

2013 I was proud of our progress, we were horrific the year before and we beat some good sides to reach the final a year later. Just a shame our talisman wasn't fit so we never had much chance.

Also stated their fans were terrific, backed the team from start to finish and at least won the singing. REALLY ?

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bookert View Post
    Yes I hated that, we never laid a glove on celtic yet stayed behind to applaud.

Context is all.

We had totally fallen to pieces the previous year at Hampden and 2013 felt like a kind of redemption. The fans reaction was understandable and justified.

I really don’t care what Hearts fans think, but with Levein in charge they aren’t gonna win zip are they?
    Last edited by jacomo; 25-05-2019 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Context is all.

We had totally fallen to pieces the previous year at Hampden and 2013 felt like a kind of redemption. The fans reaction was understandable and justified.

I really don’t care what Hearts fans think, but Levein in charge they aren’t gonna win zip are they?
    Personally I thought 2013 love in was a bit cringy. Each to their own.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Don’t think there is anything wrong in a support showing they still back their team even if they have just been pumped in a final.

What is wrong is pretending Hearts performance today was anything more than mediocre. They battled as ever and stifled the game as ever but any old bunch of cloggers can do that.

In the end they had a glorious chance of victory and the threw it away with two terrible mistakes and being unable to have the mental strength or ability to go for a killer second.

As for potter leaving that 16yo left back on when he was clearly done after an hour...criminal management.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Franck Stanton View Post
    Also stated their fans were terrific, backed the team from start to finish and at least won the singing. REALLY ?
    A few of them on the thread weren't happy with the loudest rendition of Hullo Hullo they'd heard, but they were quickly put down by the majority, one saying it was justified because they were playing Celtic. FFS. A lot of mini huns out in their support today it seems as could be seen by the many UJs in their support.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Personally I thought 2013 love in was a bit cringy. Each to their own.
    Me too.Who wants to be a good loser in a cup final.

@hibs.net private member
    Amazing, as long as they accept that pish the longer, loser medals stays. Its win ****ing win.

That was genuinely the best result we could have possibly hoped for... well maybe save an absolute hammering.

They’ve galvanised. Why? I’m not sure.

But the longer they go thinking all is well, the better it is for us. They are only heading one direction.

@hibs.net private member BonnieFitbaTeam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    A few of them on the thread weren't happy with the loudest rendition of Hullo Hullo they'd heard, but they were quickly put down by the majority, one saying it was justified because they were playing Celtic. FFS. A lot of mini huns out in their support today it seems as could be seen by the many UJs in their support.

Not to mention the blue-ish flag which, although we could only see the top half, was headed-up, “NO ONE LIKES US...”

And they wonder why we call them mini-Huns!!
    At Easter Road They Play.....

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    Don’t think there is anything wrong in a support showing they still back their team even if they have just been pumped in a final.

What is wrong is pretending Hearts performance today was anything more than mediocre. They battled as ever and stifled the game as ever but any old bunch of cloggers can do that.

In the end they had a glorious chance of victory and the threw it away with two terrible mistakes and being unable to have the mental strength or ability to go for a killer second.

As for potter leaving that 16yo left back on when he was clearly done after an hour...criminal management.
    There is when they've been trying to give us a ribbing for it since 2013 though.

Get it right up them.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    They played well and are rightfully proud of their side imo.

2013 I was proud of our progress, we were horrific the year before and we beat some good sides to reach the final a year later. Just a shame our talisman wasn't fit so we never had much chance.
    Wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    Wrong.
    okay pal

Care to explain or do you struggle with big words?

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    okay pal

Care to explain or do you struggle with big words?
    I imagine the fact you said they played well is why he said wrong. In what way did they play well? Both teams were poor, with hearts happy to sit back, defend and punt the ball. I actually can't remember them once testing the keeper other than their goal. They way they are fawning on social media and kickback you would think they played Celtic off the park and were hard done by, all I seen was 10 men behind the ball trying not to loose by too many goals.

Going by the TV pictures they didn’t stay back for long!

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    I imagine the fact you said they played well is why he said wrong. In what way did they play well? Both teams were poor, with hearts happy to sit back, defend and punt the ball. I actually can't remember them once testing the keeper other than their goal. They way they are fawning on social media and kickback you would think they played Celtic off the park and were hard done by, all I seen was 10 men behind the ball trying not to loose by too many goals.
    Spot on . They passed back to their keeper countless times . Celtic were there for the taking and they bottled it . Had they went for it when up 1-0 they could have got a second goal and won . Celtic were honking yesterday but Zamal and Berra gifted them the cup 😂😂😂
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

This!! I'm genuinely still trying to come to terms with the fact that in a cup final, Hawrts actually kicked for touch, at least twice, from their kick offs!! The cardigan wearers must have thought they were back at Murrayfield! If we had done that then this board ( rightly ) would have gone into meltdown. They celebrate it!!
    Last edited by brog; 26-05-2019 at 12:10 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    [/B]This!! I'm genuinely still trying to come to terms with the fact that in a cup final, Hawrts actually kicked for touch, at least twice, from their kick offs!! The cardigan wearers must have thought they were back at Murrayfield! If we had done that then this board ( rightly ) would have gone into meltdown. They celebrate it!!
    Maybe SJM should have done that in the semi against Aberdeen

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    I thought they done pretty well, especially first hour. They forced Celtic wide (exactly how we beat them at home this season), broke pretty well and took their chance when it came. Levein got it spot on tactically for an hour before Celtics quality told. If they'd last at 1-0 for another 5/10 minutes they could well have won it.

I would never take a jambos opinion on Hibs because they never watch us but in my experience they are pretty critical of their own side when it's not going well so I don't think it's ridiculous to suggest there is some truth in them being fairly pleased with the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by BonnieFitbaTeam View Post
    Not to mention the blue-ish flag which, although we could only see the top half, was headed-up, “NO ONE LIKES US...”

And they wonder why we call them mini-Huns!!
    To add to that, saw at least a dozen of them at Haymarket, wrapped in Union Jacks. Weird, weird bunch.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    Maybe SJM should have done that in the semi against Aberdeen
    I know, or hope you're saying that in jest but IMO the minute you indulge in those tactics you're saying you know the other team is better than you. It's almost like playing a 4-6-0 formation but surely no one would do that!!