hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cup final thread on Kickback full of..........

It was a dive
    VAR would have proved it
    He was on his way down before contact was made
    Blah, blah, blah

Well, at least it occurred in the chuffing penalty box which is more than can be said for the pen they got in 2012. These incidents even themselves out in time they say. Certainly came home to roost today.

Suck it up Jambos. Karma is such a b!tch.
    👍👍👍

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    I said I don't think it should be a penalty.

However that incident is usually given by referees as a penalty so the award was consistent and therefore correct under the current interpretation of the laws.
    Sorry wasn't meant as having a go at your opinion. More a comment on the state of the game nowadays.

At the time I thought it was a stonewaller, looked as though maybe Berra and the keeper had combined to bring him down. Seeing the replays it's not as clear cut, but the keeper brings him down. Soft-ish but still a penalty.
    I think the keeper was the only Hearts player that protested, Berra didn't say an awful lot to Collum ?

Penalty was straight out of Hertz play book. If you live by the dive, you lose by the dive.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Never a penalty in my opinion.

Makes it even funnier.
    My thoughts exactly.

The ref was right to give it (from his angle it must be a stone waller.)

From the reverse angle, it's clear that he goes past the keeper, kicks him and goes down. So it probably wasn't a penalty.

If he doesn't stick his leg out though, I think the keeper would have taken him out.

If a goalie goes in like that and doesn’t come out with the ball most refs will give a penalty.That one was the kind that your opinion depends on which end it is.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    I don't think it was a penalty, but it was one of those refs always seem to give, whereby the forward leaves out his leg and makes contact with the keeper. I don't know why referees always fall for it.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

This for me, keeper throws out leg across natural path of striker. If Edouard just carry's on running then keepers leg would hamper him unfairly. So it's not about Edouard diving but keeper lunging for ball and missing it. Penalty us correct technical decision. Just happens to be a very pleasing one too.

So what was the fifth official behind the goal line doing and what did he see? Or why didn't the linesman intervene?

The answer is because both are on the same side of the pitch for some inexplicable reason, and that was the other side to the incident.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    So what was the fifth official behind the goal line doing and what did he see? Or why didn't the linesman intervene?

The answer is because both are on the same side of the pitch for some inexplicable reason, and that was the other side to the incident.
    Magical, isn’t it?

stonewaller for me

but ive saw it yet

Quote Originally Posted by SANH 1875 View Post
    This for me, keeper throws out leg across natural path of striker. If Edouard just carry's on running then keepers leg would hamper him unfairly. So it's not about Edouard diving but keeper lunging for ball and missing it. Penalty us correct technical decision. Just happens to be a very pleasing one too.
    Correct decision, the keeper misses the ball and impedes the player. Definite pen. Goalie at fault, not the ref.

Very soft pen. But game was full of players "using their experience" to gain advantage. The one early on where Berra took a flying dive across the Celtic player on the touchline, and claimed foul was laughable. No attempt to play the ball and all about conning the referee (ie cheating). No point in crying when similar happens to them.

Disgraceful decision. Clear goal scoring opportunity denied. The keeper should have been off.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Disgraceful decision. Clear goal scoring opportunity denied. The keeper should have been off.
    Double jeopardy rules nowadays, wouldn't be a red card.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Double jeopardy rules nowadays, wouldn't be a red card.
    It's only not a red card if the player makes a genuine attempt to get the ball.

A player will still be sent off if the referee doesn't believe they have attempted to win the ball.

Awck away, if Uche or Naismith had done that they'd be lapping it up.

They've had countless dodgy decisions against us over the years, didn't hear them complaining then.

Suck it up Jambos, Karmas a bitch