hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: How did you vote? (anonymous)

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Change UK

    0 0%
  • Conservatives

    2 2.02%
  • Greens

    18 18.18%
  • Independent

    0 0%
  • Labour

    3 3.03%
  • Liberal Democrats

    7 7.07%
  • SNP

    60 60.61%
  • The Brexit Party

    9 9.09%
  • UKIP

    0 0%
Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 986
  1. #121
    @hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    West Auckland, NZ
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,489
    Gamer IDs

    Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by James310 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Your assuming they did. I would bet my assumption is more accurate that yours when you read most people never had a clue they had to do this.
    I'm not assuming anything about the majority

    If u want to shut down an argument by asking if you have proof of the official documents and if not then its not a valid point as its an assumption - The very same works in reverse

    Some will have probably not filled in that form and lots will have

    Lots will have had no problems but even some people missing out due to council errors isn't good enough

    Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're on Twitter, check out #deniedmyvote hundreds if not thousands of people filled in paperwork correctly, and still denied. This was the UK governments responsibility and they've failed people who've lived here for years.

    Stop trying to deflect it away from your party. They failed, accept it.
    "In order to take part in the European elections in the UK, EU citizens needed to have returned a UC1 form by 7 May to their local authority, declaring they would not vote in another EU member state.

    Citizens of Ireland, Malta or Cyprus are eligible to vote in the UK for European elections without having to make this written declaration.

    Many people took to Twitter to say they were not sent the form by their local authority or had received it just days before the deadline - and that councils then failed to process the forms in time. Some others said they were unaware of the UC1 process that would have allowed them the right to a vote."

    Yes, look what people are saying! It is their local authority, who runs our local authority?

    It would not be a voting day without another SNP grievance though would it.

  4. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You guys are like the New Huns when Halliday put them ahead* 52% and youíve ****ed it up.

    The good guys will win in the end.

    * right down to the union jack underpants.
    You have the same mentality as those bigots in the orange lodge, just the another cheek of the same arse.

  5. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not assuming anything about the majority

    If u want to shut down an argument by asking if you have proof of the official documents and if not then its not a valid point as its an assumption - The very same works in reverse

    Some will have probably not filled in that form and lots will have

    Lots will have had no problems but even some people missing out due to council errors isn't good enough

    Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    Yes council errors, but the blame was very much being placed elsewhere because it made another good grievance story, despite it being fake news.

  6. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Get your point here and agree in general

    However the picture that was painted in 2016 of what "leave" actually was is vastly different to what we are being offered now

    Certainly a far cry from a no deal brexit

    Ploughing on with that, IMHO also represents a betrayal of what was voted for in 2016

    Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    I disagree we voted to leave, as said before it was debated to death prior to the referendum and during the general election. We were told all the horror stories before the vote and leave still won.

    It's a mess I believe the EU offered us a Canada+ type deal that would have satisfied the Tory party but May refused as she wanted even closer ties to Europe. Hopefully we can get back to being offered that deal instead of no deal.

  7. #126
    @hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,629
    Quote Originally Posted by James310 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "In order to take part in the European elections in the UK, EU citizens needed to have returned a UC1 form by 7 May to their local authority, declaring they would not vote in another EU member state.

    Citizens of Ireland, Malta or Cyprus are eligible to vote in the UK for European elections without having to make this written declaration.

    Many people took to Twitter to say they were not sent the form by their local authority or had received it just days before the deadline - and that councils then failed to process the forms in time. Some others said they were unaware of the UC1 process that would have allowed them the right to a vote."

    Yes, look what people are saying! It is their local authority, who runs our local authority?

    It would not be a voting day without another SNP grievance though would it.
    Your MP raised it in parliament the other day. You should be proud of her. 😂

    The failure here is with the UK government in dragging their heels in saying whether we were actually voting in these elections. That's why the local councils couldn't get their paperwork sorted out, hence the people who work and have resided here for years couldn't vote.

    This is on Theresa and co, and you know it, and trying to put it on the Scottish government as you have is absolutely trumpist.

    Tory run Britain, a banana republic.
    Last edited by ronaldo7; 23-05-2019 at 10:27 PM.

  8. #127
    @hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    West Auckland, NZ
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,489
    Gamer IDs

    Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by Slavers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree we voted to leave, as said before it was debated to death prior to the referendum and during the general election. We were told all the horror stories before the vote and leave still won.

    It's a mess I believe the EU offered us a Canada+ type deal that would have satisfied the Tory party but May refused as she wanted even closer ties to Europe. Hopefully we can get back to being offered that deal instead of no deal.
    But you just cast a vote for a party that explicitly said a vote for them is a vote for a no deal brexit (or WTO as they call it)

    Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

  9. #128
    @hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    West Auckland, NZ
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,489
    Gamer IDs

    Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by James310 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "In order to take part in the European elections in the UK, EU citizens needed to have returned a UC1 form by 7 May to their local authority, declaring they would not vote in another EU member state.

    Citizens of Ireland, Malta or Cyprus are eligible to vote in the UK for European elections without having to make this written declaration.

    Many people took to Twitter to say they were not sent the form by their local authority or had received it just days before the deadline - and that councils then failed to process the forms in time. Some others said they were unaware of the UC1 process that would have allowed them the right to a vote."

    Yes, look what people are saying! It is their local authority, who runs our local authority?

    It would not be a voting day without another SNP grievance though would it.
    When did the SNP start running tower hamlets?

    Anyway the main blame is the current UK gov and there failure to prepare properly and give councils the required time to organise themselves

    Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

  10. #129
    @hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,629
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When did the SNP start running tower hamlets?

    Anyway the main blame is the current UK gov and there failure to prepare properly and give councils the required time to organise themselves

    Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    Spot on, but it will be difficult getting that through to some.

    The tin foil is strong. 😂


    SCOTLAND CAN.

  11. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Your MP raised it in parliament the other day. You should be proud of her. 😂

    The failure here is with the UK government in dragging their heels in saying whether we were actually voting in these elections. That's why the local councils couldn't get their paperwork sorted out, hence the people who work and have resided here for years couldn't vote.

    This is on Theresa and co, and you know it, and trying to put it on the Scottish government as you have is absolutely trumpist.

    Tory run Britain, a banana republic.
    Ah so the local councils did have a part to play. Maybe they could have done better. Going by your original post it was WM and central government who were at fault for not sending and processing the forms. Although I suspect you probably never knew what a UC1 form was.

  12. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When did the SNP start running tower hamlets?

    Anyway the main blame is the current UK gov and there failure to prepare properly and give councils the required time to organise themselves

    Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    When did I say the SNP ran tower hamlets? 😕

  13. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But you just cast a vote for a party that explicitly said a vote for them is a vote for a no deal brexit (or WTO as they call it)

    Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    Yeah i know that, tbh my vote for the Brexit Party in Scotland does not count for much but id rather vote for them than any of the other party's.

  14. #133
    @hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,629
    Quote Originally Posted by James310 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ah so the local councils did have a part to play. Maybe they could have done better. Going by your original post it was WM and central government who were at fault for not sending and processing the forms. Although I suspect you probably never knew what a UC1 form was.
    Your condescending style of posting is rather grating.

    I've given you the reasons why I think our European neighbors didn't get to vote, and you've tried to deflect it to somehow be the fault of everyone bar the real culprits.

    At no time did I ever say the UK Gov failed to send forms. You've just made that up.

    This seems to be your MO

    I'll leave you to continue deflecting away from your party, and your dear leader, as you sip your G&T in your union Jack under gadgeys.


    SCOTLAND CAN.

  15. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Your condescending style of posting is rather grating.

    I've given you the reasons why I think our European neighbors didn't get to vote, and you've tried to deflect it to somehow be the fault of everyone bar the real culprits.

    At no time did I ever say the UK Gov failed to send forms. You've just made that up.

    This seems to be your MO

    I'll leave you to continue deflecting away from your party, and your dear leader, as you sip your G&T in your union Jack under gadgeys.
    Says the master of deflection. I've given you reasons why it might just not be the fault of big bad Westminster and maybe, just maybe, the local councils were at fault as well. I know that does not fit with your MO of Westminster being the root of all evil though so you will never accept it.

  16. #135
    @hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    12,566
    Tried to avoid posting on this thread as it has been somewhat dispiriting reading.

    Nevertheless, the rather serious issue of EU nationals missing their chance to vote is serious, as it the issue of overseas UK nationals being deprived of theirs.

    Itís sad if this is to be made a party political issue. For me it more reflects the rending effect of political instability in a way that hasnít been experienced in a long time on these isles.

    UK government, the Electoral Commission and local authorities all had some degree of culpability in allowing this to happen IMO.

    Without a doubt, a large factor in this was the uncertainty about whether Euro elections would take place. By the same token, one of the key functions of local government is to manage and support the electoral process. And also plan for civil contingencies, of which this seems like an obvious one.

    But local authorities, in England especially, but increasingly in Scotland, have seen their budgets slashed in the last number of years. English councils have seen a 50% cut since 2010/11. What needs to be borne in mind is that there are some things councils have to do, cannot afford not to do, have a statutory duty to do.

    Child protection, critical social care for the vulnerable, registering and burying the dead, ensuring public safety through environmental health, refuse collection etc etc.

    The knock-on effect is that everything else takes a bigger hit to find the savings. Thatís why libraries close down, older peopeís lunch clubs disappear, why the verge at that tricky junction never gets trimmed back, why your bins go to every two weeks instead of one.

    And before the services that affected day-to-day life were cut, there were culls within the internal structure of local authorities.

    And guaranteed, teams that dealt with all sorts of things including planning applications and electoral registration would have been prime targets for downsizing, in a desperate attempt to balance the books.

    The regime of austerity has led to that. The focus local government has had to make on critical services has led to that. The failure to ensure people were able to exercise their democratic rights in this election was abysmal but it has been in the post a long, long time.

    Itís partly a consequence of austerity, partly a consequence of local government resources, partly a failing on the part of watchdogs and almost certainly a massive consequence of the Ďmake it up as we go alongí approach to Brexit.

    For me, it just reflects the sleepwalk of the referendum, where the complexity of what leaving meant was never adequately explained or presented and the idiocy of the arguments to leave were never adequately challenged.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

  17. #136
    @hibs.net private member Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Cramond
    Posts
    4,901
    If EU Nationals who had a right to vote in this election were turned away in error, then how can this vote be considered democratic?

    Why is it ok for this to happen? Are we just going to meekly accept it, just as we meekly accept the way the UK treats Scotland?

  18. #137
    Testimonial Due Colr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    London
    Age
    52
    Posts
    3,262
    If the Daily Mailís poll is correct it reflects a disappointing result.

  19. #138
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    27,460
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll vote after work, and I intend to vote for SNP. Had considered the Greens but can't see them making as much of a dent in the Brexit party vote as the SNP will.

    Would never consider voting Lib Dem again, though I have in the past - they jumped into bed with the Tories and that's pretty much unforgivable, IMHO.

    Labour are a shambles, and the Tories can GTF.
    Pretty much my thinking word for word especially the last three words.

  20. #139
    @hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Chippenham/Bath
    Age
    39
    Posts
    5,539
    Quote Originally Posted by James310 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did they fill in the correct paperwork though?

    "Citizens of European countries must fill in a European Parliament voter registration form to ensure they have the right to cast their vote in the country of their choosing. This must be completed and returned 12 working days before the polls open."

    https://www.itv.com/news/2019-05-23/...ling-stations/

    Unless you can prove otherwise your making assumptions.

    Maybe the Scottish Government should have made people aware.
    Prove otherwise? This is a Hibs football forum. Not court.

    Maybe the Westminster Government should have let all EU citizens in the U.K. know. That would show some sort competence.

    J

  21. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by Fife-Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If EU Nationals who had a right to vote in this election were turned away in error, then how can this vote be considered democratic?

    Why is it ok for this to happen? Are we just going to meekly accept it, just as we meekly accept the way the UK treats Scotland?
    OK il bite. What treatment of scotland do we 'meekly' accept?

  22. #141
    @hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Chippenham/Bath
    Age
    39
    Posts
    5,539
    Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OK il bite. What treatment of scotland do we 'meekly' accept?
    Bull**** banana republic elections where citizens are disenfranchised for a start.

    J

  23. #142
    @hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    West Auckland, NZ
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,489
    Gamer IDs

    Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OK il bite. What treatment of scotland do we 'meekly' accept?
    The way we were sidelined during the brexit negotiations?

    The vow?

    Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

  24. #143
    @hibs.net private member Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Cramond
    Posts
    4,901
    Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OK il bite. What treatment of scotland do we 'meekly' accept?
    How about being sidelined and ignored at every turn? Or having our own democratically elected represenatives scoffed at, when they're speaking at Westminster and being told to "go home". Or in some cases, told to "go and kill themselves"?

    Our representatives in the EU Parliament never get spoken to or treated this way. Why is it acceptable at Westminster?

  25. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by Fife-Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How about being sidelined and ignored at every turn? Or having our own democratically elected represenatives scoffed at, when they're speaking at Westminster and being told to "go home". Or in some cases, told to "go and kill themselves"?

    Our representatives in the EU Parliament never get spoken to or treated this way. Why is it acceptable at Westminster?
    Our representatives go down to Westminster and rant like idiots, embarrass the nation and behave just like Farage does in the European Parliament. Perhaps if we elected some representatives that don't carry on like the monster raving loony party they'd be taken a bit more seriously

  26. #145
    @hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    West Auckland, NZ
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,489
    Gamer IDs

    Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our representatives go down to Westminster and rant like idiots, embarrass the nation and behave just like Farage does in the European Parliament. Perhaps if we elected some representatives that don't carry on like the monster raving loony party they'd be taken a bit more seriously
    So it's Scotlands own fault that the UK gov takes very little interest in us because the standard of MP we vote for doesn't come up to the Westminster standard (scoff)

    Strange,I thought this was a partnership of equals

    Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Callum_62; 24-05-2019 at 07:01 AM.

  27. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by Fife-Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How about being sidelined and ignored at every turn? Or having our own democratically elected represenatives scoffed at, when they're speaking at Westminster and being told to "go home". Or in some cases, told to "go and kill themselves"?

    Our representatives in the EU Parliament never get spoken to or treated this way. Why is it acceptable at Westminster?
    The SNP Westminster MPs forget they are there to represent ALL their constituents, not just the minority that voted for Independence.

    I am not happy I never get the MP I vote for, it's terrible. I mean what's going on.

  28. #147
    @hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    West Auckland, NZ
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,489
    Gamer IDs

    Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by James310 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The SNP Westminster MPs forget they are there to represent ALL their constituents, not just the minority that voted for Independence.

    I am not happy I never get the MP I vote for, it's terrible. I mean what's going on.
    So your happy that Scotlands interests have been considered during Brexit?

    That Westminster has taken into account our position?

    Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

  29. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So your happy that Scotlands interests have been considered during Brexit?

    That Westminster has taken into account our position?

    Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    Scotland voted as part of the UK, unfortunately the UK voted to leave.

    Just like London voted to Remain but they also voted as part of the UK and have no special deal or arrangements.

    A deal could have been done in Parliament a few months back but if I remember the SNP abstained from a Customs Union. Those 35 votes would have passed that motion.

  30. #149
    @hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    West Auckland, NZ
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,489
    Gamer IDs

    Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Scotland and London are not like comparing England and Scotland.

    Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

  31. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Scotland and London are not like comparing England and Scotland.

    Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    I suppose, London has more people and more wealth and creates lots more jobs.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved