hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Craig Thomson Retires

What sad news https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48374058

Now if Andrew Dallas would only take early retirement.
    Last edited by hibby rae; 22-05-2019 at 07:49 PM.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I never thought I’d say this but he’s actually been one of the better referees in recent seasons.

I’m not one that buys into theories about referees having grudges against certain clubs but that season (you know what one) and possibly the one before that he gave a bizarre number of shocking decisions against us, I can’t remember off the top of my head what they were but do remember at the time someone listing 5 or 6 absolute shockers.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I never thought I’d say this but he’s actually been one of the better referees in recent seasons.

I’m not one that buys into theories about referees having grudges against certain clubs but that season (you know what one) and possibly the one before that he gave a bizarre number of shocking decisions against us, I can’t remember off the top of my head what they were but do remember at the time someone listing 5 or 6 absolute shockers.
    There was a sending off against the Huns which was a shocker, was there not one against Dundee Utd under Fenlon when we just missed out on top 6?

I remember being embarrassed at some of the decisions he made in Champions Leagues games.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    There was a sending off against the Huns which was a shocker, was there not one against Dundee Utd under Fenlon when we just missed out on top 6?

I remember being embarrassed at some of the decisions he made in Champions Leagues games.
    I’m sure there was one against Aberdeen as well but can’t remember what it was.

@hibs.net private member BurghHibby's Avatar
    Yohoo, gtf ya cheating hertz barsteward

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

He started in the Scottish Cup semi-final replay against Dunfermline. Refused a penalty for a foul on Dean Sheils then awarded the pars one seconds afterwards.

Hope he stays retired but let's face it he'll be joining Hugh Dallas "upstairs". Does he have a son?

@hibs.net private member Auckland Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    He started in the Scottish Cup semi-final replay against Dunfermline. Refused a penalty for a foul on Dean Sheils then awarded the pars one seconds afterwards.

Hope he stays retired but let's face it he'll be joining Hugh Dallas "upstairs". Does he have a son?
    I hate that game, even after all this time it still sticks in my throat - remember watching it in F3K, London. We drank ourselves to oblivion at the FT whistle and I called in sick for the rest of the week.

Craig Thompson wasn't inept, incompetent or useless - he was simply a cheat.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Auckland Hibs View Post
    I hate that game, even after all this time it still sticks in my throat - remember watching it in F3K, London. We drank ourselves to oblivion at the FT whistle and I called in sick for the rest of the week.

Craig Thompson wasn't inept, incompetent or useless - he was simply a cheat.
    He also failed to send off Hammill in the first game for a two foot tackle on Lewis right in front of him. Hammill then dived for the pen in the second game.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    He also failed to send off Hammill in the first game for a two foot tackle on Lewis right in front of him. Hammill then dived for the pen in the second game.
    Yip, the boy is just a big sleekit jobby.

Left by mutual consent!
    Worst webcam performance since Jim in American pie. Good riddance.

Well, that frees up a wage for the Gorgie mob :)

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Worst webcam performance since Jim in American pie. Good riddance.
    I hear what you're saying but, I've seen a lot worse webcam performances, probably says more about me than him. 🙄

Damage done
    Quoted here regularly
    agent Thomson return to Tynecastle HQ
    Mission accomplished
    Mellowed a bit in last few years but statistics told what kind a man he was and how after being photographed giving the 5/1 sign says it all
    He was a cheat like that huddy Anderson on sunday whilst Clancy , Dallas , McLean are inconsistent and inept

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    I hear what you're saying but, I've seen a lot worse webcam performances, probably says more about me than him. 🙄
    😂

Everyone in the “he’s been good since 2012” camp seem to have forgotten about the play off against Falkirk the week before the cup final.

Keatings is played in by Hendo, he’s about 7 yards from goal and ready to pull the trigger when scythed down by the Falkirk defender (probably McCracken again). Thomson gave the penalty but it was as clear a goal scoring chance as you can imagine and there was no red card. Maybe no card at all. The man is a cheat.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Everyone in the “he’s been good since 2012” camp seem to have forgotten about the play off against Falkirk the week before the cup final.

Keatings is played in by Hendo, he’s about 7 yards from goal and ready to pull the trigger when scythed down by the Falkirk defender (probably McCracken again). Thomson gave the penalty but it was as clear a goal scoring chance as you can imagine and there was no red card. Maybe no card at all. The man is a cheat.
    Just beat me to this. There is no explanation as to why McCracken was not sent off. The rules were clear at that time and it had to be a sending off yet he decided to ignore the rules which potentially cost us another season in the Championship. Good riddance.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Cheat and well shot off

Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    Cheat and well shot off
    Yep!

The report a poster published on here about his stats and record against Hibs was extremely telling

He hated us and I won’t miss him

Now take Dallas with you

Testimonial Due
    The report a poster published on here about his stats and record against Hibs was extremely telling

Now take Dallas with you
    Biggest problem is they will just fast track another non entity who know nothing about football, but has a red and yellow card???

Now take Dallas with you
    I did stats on him and he gave less cards to us than Hearts. He gave more cards to every team than any other referee. He was hated in other countries too and has a youtube video in his honor created after the Bosnia France game where he made a series of ridulous decisions, in favour of France.
    https://youtu.be/2tvewlR39Mc
    In recent times I have preferred him as the ref to others.
    Last edited by andyf5; 23-05-2019 at 05:48 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by andyf5 View Post
    I did stats on him and he gave less cards to us than Hearts. He gave more cards to every team than any other referee. He was hated in other countries too and has a youtube video in his honor created after the Bosnia France game where he made a series of ridulous decisions, in favour of France.
    https://youtu.be/2tvewlR39Mc
    In recent times I have preferred him as the ref to others.
    Not surprised he gave more cards to Hearts. In case you haven't noticed they have been the dirtiest team in the league for years.

Don't get this revision of him over the last few years. Just because he didn't give made up decisions against us as often.

He cheated in a cup final. He allowed himself to be photographed doing a 5 1. He should never have been allowed to referee again.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Not surprised he gave more cards to Hearts. In case you haven't noticed they have been the dirtiest team in the league for years.

Don't get this revision of him over the last few years. Just because he didn't give made up decisions against us as often.

He cheated in a cup final. He allowed himself to be photographed doing a 5 1. He should never have been allowed to referee again.
    Not necessarily disagreeing with you, but I don't think he was photographed doing the 5 1. He was in a photo with some kids who were doing it. Slight, but significant difference imho.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post
    Not necessarily disagreeing with you, but I don't think he was photographed doing the 5 1. He was in a photo with some kids who were doing it. Slight, but significant difference imho.
    He knew fine what was going on. Just like when he made the key decisions in the final.

So when’s his testimonial at Tynecastle?

Scottish Cup winner 2012

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSS ya FUD!!!!!!!

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Good riddance to an absolute cheating **** of a referee!!

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    His role in that cup final will never be forgotten by me. He is a cheating ******* and I hope I never hear from him again.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    His role in that cup final will never be forgotten by me. He is a cheating ******* and I hope I never hear from him again.
    sure he gave the last minute penalty for Dunfermline in the semifinal against Chris Hogg. That was the start of him shafting hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by eastterrace View Post
    sure he gave the last minute penalty for Dunfermline in the semifinal against Chris Hogg. That was the start of him shafting hibs.
    He was the referee in that game I can't remember if it was a deserved penalty or not though.