hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe it was the company and not the weather that put your kids off attending.
    Some really poor comments on this thread but this tops the list. Have a word with yourself.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    Yes I will share this with Hibs. Remember it was them that highlighted this in the press & social media.

I merely tried this to see how easy it was to gain entry to the stadium via a kids season ticket. Obviously it wasn't difficult.
    Which gate did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I think people stealing should be reported.

Folk stealing from Hibs should be reported and banned.
    You could just as easily make the argument that Hibs have stolen from us, in charging eye-watering amounts to watch a team that we, as a community, founded.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    You could just as easily make the argument that Hibs have stolen from us, in charging eye-watering amounts to watch a team that we, as a community, founded.
    No, you couldn't.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    No, you couldn't.
    You very much could, actually. Were Hibs set up with the intention of charging fans £400+ a season to watch their team play? No.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    You very much could, actually. Were Hibs set up with the intention of charging fans £400+ a season to watch their team play? No.
    Would you be a Hibs fan if we were still essentially a church social team playing on the Meadows? Probably not. Things change.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Why’s the OP getting so much grief??

All year folk have complained about empty seats in the FF lower and that something should be done about it.

He has highlighted that the club weren’t doing anything this season to prevent ticket abuse.

He might even save the club some money which I thought most of you would welcome ;)

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Why’s the OP getting so much grief??

All year folk have complained about empty seats in the FF lower and that something should be done about it.

He has highlighted that the club weren’t doing anything this season to prevent ticket abuse.

He might even save the club some money which I thought most of you would welcome ;)
    Agreed it’s baffling. The OP has actually done not a single thing wrong. This should be highlight to the club as it’s effectively costing money down to piss poor stewards.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Agreed it’s baffling. The OP has actually done not a single thing wrong. This should be highlight to the club as it’s effectively costing money down to piss poor stewards.
    Well technically he has by using the wrong ticket, but I agree with the sentiment.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Aye he has - even ignoring that he used a child ST which is actually grounds to have both STs removed...........if this was a genuine experiment, then why did it need to be every game since the cold weather started?

His words -

"Hibs were saying if anyone gets caught using a kids ticket they would have ticket confiscated.
    I then used the child ticket at every game whilst still having my own ticket as back up.
    Every time I entered there was a security presence & not once was i stopped"

Why not try it once, maybe twice and then inform Hibs, or one of the Fans reps on twitter or facepage or whatever that the system is open to abuse?

Posting it on here is just attention seeking, a bit like his HSL comments yesterday.

@hibs.net private member barcahibs's Avatar
    Absolutely think this is something that should be being raised, I've not followed the OP across other threads (I'm rubbish at that) so no idea if there's some other agenda going on but it doesnt alter his basic point. Folk shouldn't be stealing from the club, and if they are they should be called out.

Incidentally the idea of anyone over the age of about 12 using the term 'grass' in anything but an ironic way is hilarious.

I think the Club's prices are reasonable but I do wonder if there is room in the 'accessible' category to include a few other groups - thinking especially of people out of work long term due to health issues which aren't currently covered. I didn't work for years due to mental health issues and Hibs were one of the few things in my life that really kept me going - but it was a struggle to afford it. I'm not in that category now - thankfully - but I'm sure there are many who are.

But I don't know how that would be done and I would fear the system being abused unfortunately.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Well technically he has by using the wrong ticket, but I agree with the sentiment.
    Technically but he did have his own ticket on him too.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    What are you, 12?
    Only on his season ticket!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Aye he has - even ignoring that he used a child ST which is actually grounds to have both STs removed...........if this was a genuine experiment, then why did it need to be every game since the cold weather started?

His words -

"Hibs were saying if anyone gets caught using a kids ticket they would have ticket confiscated.
    I then used the child ticket at every game whilst still having my own ticket as back up.

Why not try it once, maybe twice and then inform Hibs, or one of the Fans reps on twitter or facepage or whatever that the system is open to abuse?

Posting it on here is just attention seeking, a bit like his HSL comments yesterday.
    I would imagine if it was only one game it could have been a fluke. The fact it’s every game highlights the shambles of the stewarding potentially costing the club lots of revenue.

@hibs.net private member

His words -

My HSL comments were based on my opinion.
    There was 21 points of a difference between Hibs & Killie season 17 - 18 & 18 - 19. They also have an average of 10k less than Hibs per home game. But they were streets ahead of us without the same financial backing.

More attention seeking as you have suggested.

Yet another snide comment from you towards another poster.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by barcahibs View Post
    Absolutely think this is something that should be being raised, I've not followed the OP across other threads (I'm rubbish at that) so no idea if there's some other agenda going on but it doesnt alter his basic point. Folk shouldn't be stealing from the club, and if they are they should be called out.

Incidentally the idea of anyone over the age of about 12 using the term 'grass' in anything but an ironic way is hilarious.

I think the Club's prices are reasonable but I do wonder if there is room in the 'accessible' category to include a few other groups - thinking especially of people out of work long term due to health issues which aren't currently covered. I didn't work for years due to mental health issues and Hibs were one of the few things in my life that really kept me going - but it was a struggle to afford it. I'm not in that category now - thankfully - but I'm sure there are many who are.

But I don't know how that would be done and I would fear the system being abused unfortunately.
    I have no agenda with Hibs.

If you don't go with the flow you are either

LEE WALLACE or

ATTENTION SEEKING

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Which gate did you use?
    I used all gates upper & lower in FF as the ticket works in them all.

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Yes I will share this with Hibs. Remember it was them that highlighted this in the press & social media.

I merely tried this to see how easy it was to gain entry to the stadium via a kids season ticket. Obviously it wasn't difficult.

Should I have highlighted this after 1 game or 9. I would say 9 as it shows how poor the vigilance was carried out.

As for whipping ma welt oot or taking in flares as an experiment I'll leave that to them who mentioned it.

Lee Wallace!! That's a new one on .net.

As for the child not want to attend when weather changed. I never forced them to go to games & if they decided not to return that is their choice.

I hope I don't look like a pensioner.

Attention seeker, dinnae think so.

I could have given ticket to someone else.

I would class it as ethical hacking.

No one was harmed in this experiment.

No problem with this, it demonstrates that there is a problem & hopefully Hibs will take note.
    GG

What a cretinous comment.

@hibs.net private member
    I think the person was only pointing out that it’s something Hibs should be clamping down on and they’re clearly not.

What’s with the ‘grass’ stuff? Surely only people under 15 and folk that want to excuse behaving like ***** come out with that stuff.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    Deliberately using the wrong season ticket to see if he was challenged by the stewards, while weird behaviour for a grown-up, isn't the issue.

If he was genuinely concerned enough by this problem to carry out his experiment, why is this not being highlighted to the club and Leeann to deal with instead of posting it on here.

The only reasons I can think of for doing that are to get attention, publically have a go at the club or to encourage other people to try and scam the club out of money by using concession tickets when they shouldn't. All of which are pathetic.
    If I was encouraging others to do this I would have posted it mid season. If you were aware this was an issue for Hibs during the season & it's obviously not been addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Would you be a Hibs fan if we were still essentially a church social team playing on the Meadows? Probably not. Things change.
    We, as a fanbase, built Hibs into the club they are today. They, along with every other professional club in Britain, turned around and started charging us silly prices for the ‘privilege’ of attending something that our ancestors made possible. Seems a bit like stealing, to me.

My HSL comments were based on my opinion.
    There was 21 points of a difference between Hibs & Killie season 17 - 18 & 18 - 19. They also have an average of 10k less than Hibs per home game. But they were streets ahead of us without the same financial backing.

More attention seeking as you have suggested.
    You dont actually know how much money Killies directors are putting in (neither do I , but they have publicly stated that they do prop up the club, and its clearly more than STF puts in to us annually, as he has said that we must be self sufficient).

I have no problem with you holding different opinions, but you should stop stating opinion as fact.

Back on topic, have you emailed the club about the ticket issue yet?

@hibs.net private member
    We, as a fanbase, built Hibs into the club they are today. They, along with every other professional club in Britain, turned around and started charging us silly prices for the ‘privilege’ of attending something that our ancestors made possible. Seems a bit like stealing, to me.
    Charging silly prices as players are paid silly wages.

Left by mutual consent!
    You dont actually know how much money Killies directors are putting in (neither do I , but they have publicly stated that they do prop up the club, and its clearly more than STF puts in to us annually, as he has said that we must be self sufficient).

I have no problem with you holding different opinions, but you should stop stating opinion as fact.

Back on topic, have you emailed the club about the ticket issue yet?

They have half the wage bill of us that’s been published.

@hibs.net private member barcahibs's Avatar
    'We' as a fanbase demanded ever greater success and facilities. Those things require ever larger financial outlays from the Club.

Where should that money come from?

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    You clearly don’t understand what stealing is then.

Request to the OP:

Could you let us know what the reply was from the club, once you get it?

Cheers,

They have half the wage bill of us that’s been published.
    Not quite, they have average salary (allegedly) about 60% of the Hibs average.

However their average salary has risen by 22% in the last 18 months, thats not been paid for by gates.