hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Request to the OP:

Could you let us know what the reply was from the club, once you get it?

Cheers,

Yes of course.

It will be interesting to see if Hibs deem this a weird experiment.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by barcahibs View Post
    'We' as a fanbase demanded ever greater success and facilities. Those things require ever larger financial outlays from the Club.

Where should that money come from?
    You always want better success, but apart from talk of an indoor full size pitch what other facilities are the fans demanding apart from better pies.

Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    Yes of course.

It will be interesting to see if Hibs deem this a weird experiment.

Excellent, ta.

@hibs.net private member barcahibs's Avatar
    You always want better success, but apart from talk of an indoor full size pitch what other facilities are the fans demanding apart from better pies.
    Compared to what the club had when it was founded?

You can be a community club, playing down the park and serving the few fans who follow it or you can have the biggest football stadium in the city, play in the top national league and be an internationally known football 'name'.

There are regular threads on here asking Hibs to spend on the sound systems, the catering, the bathrooms, behind the goals.

I've seen requests for creches, statues, elevators, all things that I could see the club spending money on.

We have four high quality stands - two of which are 20 years old and probably starting to require decent amounts of maintenance.

We have Hibs TV, a high quality marketing team, stadium branding, all things folk would rightly complain about if they were to disappear.

There's been talk of autism rooms (something we really should have imo) and audio description (something we might already have?)

There was a thread on here not that long ago suggesting Hibs should be doing something about the internet connectivity in the stadium for mobile users - that seems a bit of a joke now but I reckon give it 10 years and that demand will be serious.

Folk are often taking about reintroducing standing - which I bet won't be cheap.

That's just off the top of my head and we haven't even mentioned players wages.

Hibs are a big club, and with that status comes big costs. What would you cut? Where would you like us to be?

@hibs.net private member

You can be a community club, playing down the park and serving the few fans who follow it or you can have the biggest football stadium in the city, play in the top national league and be an internationally known football 'name'.

There are regular threads on here asking Hibs to spend on the sound systems, the catering, the bathrooms, behind the goals.

I've seen requests for creches, statues, elevators, all things that I could see the club spending money on.

We have four high quality stands - two of which are 20 years old and probably starting to require decent amounts of maintenance.

We have Hibs TV, a high quality marketing team, stadium branding, all things folk would rightly complain about if they were to disappear.

There's been talk of autism rooms (something we really should have imo) and audio description (something we might already have?)

There was a thread on here not that long ago suggesting Hibs should be doing something about the internet connectivity in the stadium for mobile users - that seems a bit of a joke now but I reckon give it 10 years and that demand will be serious.

Folk are often taking about reintroducing standing - which I bet won't be cheap.

Hibs are a big club, and with that status comes big costs. What would you cut? Where would you like us to be?
    I have copied While The Chief post on HSL as this is where I am 100%.

I think you guys do a terrific job and I don’t take anything you say in a negative way.

I’m wary of adding anything further as it may be taken as me trying to derail your efforts. I promise that is not my intention at all.

I’ll try and answer in as basic a form as I can, and again I’m only speaking for myself, not anyone else.

The basic principle of a typical fan donating cash to a business with a multi million pound turnover just doesn’t sit right with me. It used be that buying a ST was the way you supported your club financially, now that’s not enough.

I think fans in general pay more than enough already.

The constant mantra of “every little helps” is just BS. If I start donating £10 per month it will make zero difference to anything at the club. Now, the argument here is always that if 5000 of us paid the tenner then we can make a huge difference.

Well that’s a kind of if my auntie had balls argument.

My take on things from the outset were that STF couldn’t find anyone to buy the club and that this is a way for him to start to get shot of it. If it had simply been pay £225 to own a wee bit of the club then fine.

We are now constantly told that the only way to compete with Hearts or Aberdeen is for us to donate money to the club. I simply don’t agree with this one bit.

If that is the case and I’m wrong, then I think as a club we need to then just accept our place financially and do the best we can.

We’ve tried spending money we didn’t have in the past resulting in huge debts. Now we’re trying to spend money we don’t have by getting fans to donate it.

How about just spending the money we do have!

@hibs.net private member

Autism friendly room.Yes

Audio description Yes .We already have, but I'm sure you need to meet criteria to receive a headset on match days. My friends son uses it & it really keeps him engaged other wise his mind would be elsewhere

Safe standing.No

WiFi No. Just like smoking at half time. Your there to watch the match. If you can't do without your phone or a fag for 90 mins you have an addiction.

Tannoy No. Who cares whose birthday it is at half time.

Chreches, statues No Don't forget it was .netters who paid for the SC 2016 photo on the FF Stand

Elevators.Not after the fiasco of the FF upper lift carry on.

Hibs TV not fussed. I think this really benefits fans who are unable to attend ER. Is this self funded through subscription.

Maintenance. Any stadium should have a contingency in place for maintenance.

Only spend what we can afford.

Testimonial Due
    Autism friendly room.Yes

Audio description Yes .We already have, but I'm sure you need to meet criteria to receive a headset on match days. My friends son uses it & it really keeps him engaged other wise his mind would be elsewhere

Safe standing.No

WiFi No. Just like smoking at half time. Your there to watch the match. If you can't do without your phone or a fag for 90 mins you have an addiction.

Tannoy No. Who cares whose birthday it is at half time.

Chreches, statues No Don't forget it was .netters who paid for the SC 2016 photo on the FF Stand

Elevators.Not after the fiasco of the FF upper lift carry on.

Hibs TV not fussed. I think this really benefits fans who are unable to attend ER. Is this self funded through subscription.

Maintenance. Any stadium should have a contingency in place for maintenance.

Only spend what we can afford.
    Just to pick up on your maintenance point, the club in the last year has appointed a major Construction/FM company to do the facilities management at the stadium following a successful spell with this organisation doing the FM at East Mains so there is most definitely a contingency in place on the front and this isn’t a small Mickey Mouse Construction/FM company it’s one of the top 20 in the UK

First Team Breakthrough cookin_on_gaz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Maybe it was the company and not the weather that put your kids off attending.
    I have to say that this is one of the most horrible things I have seen written on a forum, and that includes rangers media. Very very poor and saddening

Sent from my AGS-W09 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by Ko Ko Joe View Post
    I have to say that this is one of the most horrible things I have seen written on a forum, and that includes rangers media. Very very poor and saddening

Must say I read it as someone just having a wee laugh, and certainly not meant to offend.

Maybe I'm in the minority though as it's my kind of humour.

First Team Breakthrough cookin_on_gaz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    Must say I read it as someone just having a wee laugh, and certainly not meant to offend.

Maybe I'm in the minority though as it's my kind of humour.
    You could be correct, I just felt a bit bad for the Op getting a hard time.

The biggest problem with screen time becoming the social norm is the difficulty in achieving the correct context and tone. If the guy I quoted was intending it to be light hearted then maybe the use of smileys could have helped to convey this.

Anyhow, I will dismount my high horse and go make a cuppa