hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Our defence

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar

Our defence

This season we conceded the least amount of goals in the top flight (39) since 2000-01, when we finished third. It's the lack of taking chances that have let us down.

I know we have an ageing defence and they won't last forever, but that's some testament to their ability.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This season we conceded the least amount of goals in the top flight (39) since 2000-01, when we finished third. It's the lack of taking chances that have let us down.

I know we have an ageing defence and they won't last forever, but that's some testament to their ability.
    I would also credit Milligan with a strong contribution to our overall defensive strength.

Our clear weaknesses are in the final third. A top quality striker would have made a big difference over the season. Yesterdays games is a case in point. We had plenty of the ball but lacked the guile and movement to exploit this. Allan will supply the ammunition, but we desperately need someone with a good footballing brain to make the most of his creativity.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would also credit Milligan with a strong contribution to our overall defensive strength.

Our clear weaknesses are in the final third. A top quality striker would have made a big difference over the season. Yesterdays games is a case in point. We had plenty of the ball but lacked the guile and movement to exploit this. Allan will supply the ammunition, but we desperately need someone with a good footballing brain to make the most of his creativity.
    Maybe my memory's playing tricks, but I thought Allan and Flo were a good double act last season, in that a lot of their best moments involved each other - maybe it's Scott Allan that's the magic ingredient that will Make Kamberi Barry Again...