hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 21st of May

21st of May

As we approach the 21st I wonder if anybody else is still doing wee things to make themselves chuckle and remember the day in May?

My watch alarm goes off at 4.45 every day as a reminder that we've won the cup.

I currently take too much satisfaction from road cameras that tell you how fast your driving. I like the ones that say thank you. So, I aim for it to say, '18 thank you' in a 20 zone and '28 thank you' in a 30 as a way of saying thanks to McGinn and Stokes.

Alongside this, I have been on the look out for shopping with the 21st of May. Having milk expiring on the 21st felt necessary.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Much of that day was a blur but one thing that stands out is coming back on the bus wondering what the time was, glanced at my phone... 19:02

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Much of that day was a blur but one thing that stands out is coming back on the bus wondering what the time was, glanced at my phone... 19:02
    I seem to see 19:02 as the time more than any other notable number nowadays.

I was teaching my four-week-old daughter to say "thank you sir David for giving us the cup" as part of her morning routine. We have a picture of him in the kitchen. Other than I think I'll just be playing g the day over again, for example I was just off the train at this time on that day.

i watched the last 15 minutes on Youtube after a few too many on Saturday night and felt nervous despite knowing what happens. Three years later i still dont think its sunk in yet.

I did that too! ☺

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    The exact time the official Hibs website released the article reporting on the win

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6523

Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    The exact time the official Hibs website released the article reporting on the win

Coincidence?
    Still impossible to read without welling up.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    I can’t watch it without welling up three years on. My old man had been very unwell and it looked as if he was on his way out. He’s recovered but from some of the lowest days of my life to the very best in two weeks, what that game of football did for my family can’t be overspoken.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post

Coincidence?
    FFs name is wrong.

Left by mutual consent!
    I'm very superstitious and on the 21st of May every year since 2016 I copy my exact movements of that day.

I wake up in the same hotel room and put on the very same clothes I had on that day. From the hotel I walk to the pub for a few before walking to Hampden (via the bookies) signing hibs songs.

I then break into Hampden and stay in the stands until the game would be finished. Then the whole stadium erupts and I invade the pitch around about full time and leather my cardboard cutout of tavernier right in the face, before stealing some turf and having a bounce on the goalposts.

2016 - Watched Hibs lift Scottish Cup

2017 - Conceived first child

2018 - Watched "Time for heroes" for the first time with slightly bemused (let's face it - totally oblivious) 12 week old

2019 - ????

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: pesus-ab
    I really appreciate you all being so excited about my birthday tomorrow. The Hibs family cares...

Quote Originally Posted by stokesmessiah View Post
    I really appreciate you all being so excited about my birthday tomorrow. The Hibs family cares...
    That must have been some day! Take it you were at the game celebrating?

Anthony Stokes. Man love 😍

Really hope smelticwin 5-1 or 6-0.

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    Gonna sit down tomorrow and watch Time for Heroes with the Persevered Tshirt on.

Also need to think of a name for the 21st of May - *THAT* Day? Sir David Gray Day?

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: pesus-ab
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    That must have been some day! Take it you were at the game celebrating?
    The word blur springs to mind.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    I'm very superstitious and on the 21st of May every year since 2016 I copy my exact movements of that day.

I wake up in the same hotel room and put on the very same clothes I had on that day. From the hotel I walk to the pub for a few before walking to Hampden (via the bookies) signing hibs songs.

I then break into Hampden and stay in the stands until the game would be finished. Then the whole stadium erupts and I invade the pitch around about full time and leather my cardboard cutout of tavernier right in the face, before stealing some turf and having a bounce on the goalposts.
    😂

Missed the game as I had a slipped disc. Watched in an armchair on TV bubbling my eyes out when I jumped up when Sir David Gray headed in the winner to a mixture of pain mixed with exhuberance.

Are The Harp & Castle having their annual showing of the game?

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post

Brilliant 😂

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    Was in the hibs club on Saturday, sure I saw a poster, saying they had a few things on, including the whole game.

Happy 21st of May 😉 🏆 🇳🇬
    Happy 3rd birthday

21st of May is a date up there with my child's birthday and my wedding anniversary. Special day for every Hibby.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Are The Harp & Castle having their annual showing of the game?
    Don’t know but the Hibs Club are.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    21st of May is a date up there with my child's birthday and my wedding anniversary. Special day for every Hibby.
    Funny my wedding anniversary is up there with 19/5/12.....days I’ve wiped from the memory!

Fantastic weekend and one I hope I never forget.

Of course the game was fantastic but the memories of the day after in the Links with various generations of my family and friends, thousands of Hibs fans smiling in the sunshine and seeing Stubbs, Gray, Stokes et al holding the cup aloft on top of the bus still makes me smile every single time I think about it.

For months after that day I walked around like a massive weight had been lifted from my shoulders, it was like walking on air. A weekend that was a once in a lifetime moment for any football fan. I daresay we'll win cups again but that one will always be special.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Don’t know but the Hibs Club are.
    Is it a cup final (2019) free day

That game was so crucial for the future of the club. If we had lost the gates would have dropped and we would have been getting crowds of 5-6k every other week. We desperately needed it. That whole weekend won't be topped even if we win it again. It will never be as unique as that. I was still buzzing a week later

Best day of my life. Absolutely wonderful in every way. Being there with my old man was very very special indeed along with the many other family members and friends who I've been going to the games with since I was wee.

The whole cup run really couldn't have been scripted any better tbh-

1) Raith - 1st goal of the run scored by life long hibee McGreagor
    2) Hearts being 2-0 up at tynecastle, their fans giving it big about 1902 etc then making a **** up of it in the last 10 mins
    3) Putting hearts out under the floodlights in front of a packed ER. The SoL was unbelievable as well.
    4) Inverness. A win up there in the replay, a place we have struggled at over the years.
    5) Dundee Utd semi final. Up steps big Conrad to be the hero (what a story! 16 months out then 1st game back does that!)
    6) 2-1 down with 15 mins to go thinking "here we go its happening again" then up steps Stoksey then Sir David the captain in injury time to win it. BEAUTIFUL absolutely ****ing BEAUTIFUL!

The parade the following day was just surreal. People crying in joy, everyone there with their loved ones, SoL at the links etc. Just amazing amazing memories.