hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Testimonial Due
    Blog Entries
    Maybe a change of branding is required. I already deal with two company’s that are called HSL and for the Hibs one I didn’t know what the L stood for. It should be club driven, and included in all correspondence. This would promote it to wider audience. Just my tuppence worth.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

FoH was set up in response to a crisis at Hearts but became the centre of their story. The contrast with HSL is night and day.

AberdeeNA or whatever it’s called was driven by the club.

If Hibs want HSL to deliver more funds then the club has to promote it, not leave it to HSL to rely on volunteers.
    Totally agree,
    i have looked at both hearts and Aberdeen websites, and their initiatives are featured on the home pages with links.This gives the impression that the clubs are actually endorsing the fundraisers.
    Is there anything on our site? Nothing,nada,zilch.Do the majority of our fans know about it?

Without a perceived endorsement and backing from the club in terms of getting the word out there and promoting it, we will always be playing catch up due to fans not having clarity on where the money is going.

i know there are probably emails from HSL to members, but what if people who are swaying about getting involved? They have to email questions, wait on replies etc when all they possibly need to be convinced is figures about their financial input .

Would something like this sway me if I was on the fence? https://www.afc.co.uk/aberdna-homepage/benefits/
    absolutely it would.

I am astounded the club isn’t shouting this from the rooftops as they are the sole beneficiaries in this venture.

This is not a criticism of the work the volunteers do , it’s more of answering the question regarding feedback

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I'm interested to know what people don't like about the idea of fan ownership?
    Is it that if the fans stop paying, the club goes down the tubes?

Or is it that many actually don't understand what "fan ownership" truly means? I must confess, I don't.

Agree with a previous point about the name / marketing being a little boring overall? My abiding memory of the marketing I've seen is the Proclaimers both looking utterly miserable while they asked for money. Did not hit the mark for me.

I'm no marketing genius but could certainly buy into a group that is somehow 'cooler' and perhaps there could be exclusive t-shirts or the like for members (the SSC do this, for example) - either as part of sign up, or available to buy, or both.

I get that ALL money goes to the playing budget but the impression I get is that people would like something for their money that is more tangible than simply knowing a small amount has gone to the playing budget.

Agree that the club could do a lot more to show support. From the outside, it almost seems as if HSL are some sort of 'rebel' group not actually on the same page as the club. It sounds like that is totally inaccurate, but that is maybe because some HSL members have openly criticised the club at times?

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Yup, you’ll win loads of folk over with this kinda chat.
    You will never be won over just be honest and admit that because you don't want to be won over

Quote Originally Posted by hibbydad View Post
    You will never be won over just be honest and admit that because you don't want to be won over
    You are like a dug wi a bone, the guy has put his reasons over and as far as I can see, he and others have debated the point well. Why dont you focus on promoting HSL instead of sniping at one individual, you are not doing HSL any favours 👍

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post

HSL need to know what folk don't like about it if they're ever going to grow to the extent we need them to.

They need people like WTC to raise these issues and debate them sensibly, as they have on this thread.

It's healthy.
    MattyF

While we did not start this thread we suspect it has reached it's natural conclusion, and as you say there has been a really healthy and helpful debate. We have taken away many great ideas and while we may not be able to implement all of them we will be doing more, much much more, as many will already have noticed.

We are really moving in the right direction and we sense a real bit of momentum gathering. Great positive news with more and more money going to the Club every month as a result of ever increasing Membership. We have the right correct democratic structure in place and by introducing many of the ideas listed above we will grow even faster than we are.

Thank you.

Hibernian Supporters

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by OfficialHSL View Post
    MattyF

While we did not start this thread we suspect it has reached it's natural conclusion, and as you say there has been a really healthy and helpful debate. We have taken away many great ideas and while we may not be able to implement all of them we will be doing more, much much more, as many will already have noticed.

We are really moving in the right direction and we sense a real bit of momentum gathering. Great positive news with more and more money going to the Club every month as a result of ever increasing Membership. We have the right correct democratic structure in place and by introducing many of the ideas listed above we will grow even faster than we are.

Thank you.

Hibernian Supporters
    In that case, I'll close off the thread. No point in there being back and forth on the same point!
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net