hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kamberi

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar

Kamberi

Was Flo on the bench today?

He was named as a sub but never saw him warming up at all then didn’t notice him at the lap of honour?

I maybe just missed him to be fair but don’t remember seeing him today.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Injured in the warm up.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Gauld replaced him on the bench. I was quite confused when flo wasn't warming up all game.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Injured in the warm up.
    Ah, cheers.

Wondered if maybe we’d seen the last of him but sounds innocent enough.

He was there for the lap of honour. In a black jacket in the middle.

Hopefully preseason gives him a chance to get the heid down, so we see the best of him next season.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    He needs a rest to gather his thoughts and decide if he actually wants to be here. The Lennon saga has shaken him.

Left by mutual consent!
    I’d like to see him sold but I fear we’ll be stuck with him. Hopefully he can get a good pre seasons under his belt and come back and show everyone what a good player and an asset he can be to the club.

First Team Breakthrough Joe Baker2's Avatar
    got a feeling we won't be seeing him again in a Hibs shirt. Best of luck to him though.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Baker2 View Post
    got a feeling we won't be seeing him again in a Hibs shirt. Best of luck to him though.
    Why? He’s signed a three year deal and I don’t see anyone knocking down our door to sign him tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by KingFlo View Post
    He was there for the lap of honour. In a black jacket in the middle.

Hopefully preseason gives him a chance to get the heid down, so we see the best of him next season.
    Is a good pre-season with the heid down going to improve his schoolboy first touch? Doubt it. He is an enigma to me. Sometimes great, but recently mostly awful.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    He needs a rest to gather his thoughts and decide if he actually wants to be here. The Lennon saga has shaken him.
    What you making things up for?

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    Is a good pre-season with the heid down going to improve his schoolboy first touch? Doubt it. He is an enigma to me. Sometimes great, but recently mostly awful.
    Yes, that’s generally how training works.

Lennon shot flo to bits with a good pre season with Boyle and Allan coming back maybe the flo of old will appear and Mcnulty will fire the goals in

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    To what extent can ‘first touch’ skill be learned? I think it’s a natural and instinctive ability which you have or don’t have to certain degrees.

Would anyone swap him for McGeoch?

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    To what extent can ‘first touch’ skill be learned? I think it’s a natural and instinctive ability which you have or don’t have to certain degrees.
    Control and touch is worked on almost every training session. Many of the drills incorporate this. It's definitely worked on.

As are many techniques.

Don’t do that....

Of course it can be developed with practice. No one is born able to control a 60 yard pass.

He told the gaffer on Saturday at training he had a “niggle”. Was cleared to play by medical staff but said he felt it in warm up. Hence gauld replacing him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    Control and touch is worked on almost every training session. Many of the drills incorporate this. It's definitely worked on.

As are many techniques.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Of course it can be developed with practice. No one is born able to control a 60 yard pass.
    Obviously I realise that skills are worked on and developed but in my opinion can only be developed to a certain level and within the capabilities of the individual player. Imagine if every player could develop skills to the highest level? It’s not on, is it? We’re maybe getting into semantics but suffice to say that in the case of Kamberi, first touch is a skill he has only mastered to a mediocre level.

Obviously I realise that skills are worked on and developed but in my opinion can only be developed to a certain level and within the capabilities of the individual player. Imagine if every player could develop skills to the highest level? It’s not on, is it? We’re maybe getting into semantics but suffice to say that in the case of Kamberi, first touch is a skill he has only mastered to a mediocre level.
    Your point was around how you doubted that a players 'first touch' can be learned. I'd suggest everything can be learned. And once learned, improved. I think it goes without saying that not every player can improve to the highest level. But most certainly can be improved.

We are a club who have to bring players in who are a bit rough around the edges with a view to improving them, making them better. Both tactically and technically. Flo's only 24 and the club have seen scope to improve him as a player where he will bring value on and off the pitch. Granted he's not hit the heights we were looking for this season. Perhaps he's feeling the expectations of the fans in a season which has been a bit turbulent to say the least? Who knows?

However, to state his first touch is mediocre and can't get better is odd in my opinion. Considering some of the goals he's scored.

Omeonga's 23 and has flaws in his game. I assume he can't improve?
    Last edited by SquashedFrogg; 21-05-2019 at 08:39 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    Your point was around how you doubted that a players 'first touch' can be learned. I'd suggest everything can be learned. And once learned, improved. I think it goes without saying that not every player can improve to the highest level. But most certainly can be improved.

We are a club who have to bring players in who are a bit rough around the edges with a view to improving them, making them better. Both tactically and technically. Flo's only 24 and the club have seen scope to improve him as a player where he will bring value on and off the pitch. Granted he's not hit the heights we were looking for this season. Perhaps he's feeling the expectations of the fans in a season which has been a bit turbulent to say the least? Who knows?

However, to state his first touch is mediocre and can't get better is odd in my opinion. Considering some of the goals he's scored.

Omeonga's 23 and has flaws in his game. I assume he can't improve?
    Sorry to go on about this but can I clear up something. My comment about Kamberi was not made because of my dissatisfaction with him. It was made in light of the continual criticism of him by several others. My opinion of him is generally ok. I’m aware of his shortcomings and but I’m happy to have him with us warts and all.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibshibshibs1 View Post
    What you making things up for?
    I'm not saying he doesn't want to be here, but if you're 23, move to another country and are suddenly being blamed for everything by people who should be a lot older and wiser than you, it's not going to affect you very well. You'd have doubts about whether you wanted to stay.

A good pre-season, encouragement from the new manager and the return of a player who helped him perform so well the previous season will hopefully settle him down again.

Left by mutual consent!
    Kamberi showed enough in his first season that he has great potential he is a big powerful forward who could be the next Gary O'Conner.

I agree a good preseason with Heckingbottom could the thing that takes him to the next level. If we get a season out of him at 15+ goals then I think we'd have a million pound player in our hands.

Sorry to go on about this but can I clear up something. My comment about Kamberi was not made because of my dissatisfaction with him. It was made in light of the continual criticism of him by several others. My opinion of him is generally ok. I’m aware of his shortcomings and but I’m happy to have him with us warts and all.
    I watched Kamberi closely after Lennon left, he had about 1-2 decent games under Hecky who then moved him to the left to accommodate more in midfield. Instead of knuckling down and grafting or the cause, he looks sulky, disinterested and can't be arsed at times, he has a less than 1 in 4 scoring record in his career and I think he played out his skin to get his move due to being unhappy at Grasshopers, remember this bit in the papers.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...pers-1-4718757

Why would we swap a winger/forward for a midfielder?

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Why would we swap a winger/forward for a midfielder?
    Why would we swap Scott Bain for Scott Allan?

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Have you heard anything along these lines or was it just a throwaway comment ?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    In a nanosecond. As long as it is Dylan McGeouch we are talking about?