hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

We need much better

I'm grateful to the players leaving, and for others that have given loyal servuce over the years, but we really need better than this if we're ever going to achieve anything other than a mid-table finish.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Goes without saying. The points difference and results against the teams above us tell the story.

We are a mid table team with a mid table squad that needs a lot of work.

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    I'm sure hecky knows that as well, will be interesting to see how this transfer window goes

And imo, i think we have finished better than we would have if lennon was still there

I wondered how long a thread like this would appear.. When the game was still be played it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Swedish hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wondered how long a thread like this would appear.. When the game was still be played it seems.
    Is it an unfair point that's been made by the OP? Would it have been more relevant had it been posted at 9pm or tomorrow morning?
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Not the worst base to build on. Plenty have arrived and inherited worse squads. But still a massive job in hand. Really need to get this summer right.

@hibs.net private member
    Where would people say our weakest spot is?

Quote Originally Posted by Greencore View Post
    Up front

Likely that Celtic will be weaker next season and Rangers stronger. Will be well nigh impossible breaking into the top 2.

3rd must be the target for us next season with Aberdeen and the Yams looking for the same. I feel our squad at present is better than Hearts but below Aberdeen. Most sensible people will think Killie will slide due to Clarke leaving.

Bartley & Milligan moving on. Will think that Whittaker, Aygepong, Slivka, Nelom, Bogdan and one or two others will move on. Kamberi not looking the same player he was....would be good to get a £500,000 offer for him to go. Best scenario is that McNulty and Omeonga remain. So, we may need up to 10 players. Boyle & Porteous fully fit will be helpful

What a chance for Hibs to really build a good squad and to be consistently in the top 4 for the next 5 years.

I detect Heckingbottom being frustrated already with transfers. Hope he does not encounter the same issues as Lennon.

Sorry if U disagree.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Need a good back up GK, a RB, RM a couple of CM's, LM and at least 3 strikers. Doubt we will get that many but really need them

Wasnt just one game though was it, we have been weak for most of the season, Aberdeen just showed our frailties today, we are weak all over from back to front. Sentiment aside, I hope Heckingbottom is looking at every position, keeper aside

Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    Need a good back up GK, a RB, RM a couple of CM's, LM and at least 3 strikers. Doubt we will get that many but really need them
    Yep,honestly do need a big turnround in players,hopefully Hecky has some ideas,I still do not have confidence in our recruitment team.IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by hhibs View Post
    Yep,honestly do need a big turnround in players,hopefully Hecky has some ideas,I still do not have confidence in our recruitment team.IMO.
    Keep saying we need quality players in but where will the money come from to do this re-build that we all know we need?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post
    Keep saying we need quality players in but where will the money come from to do this re-build that we all know we need?
    Exactly my thoughts.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Probably quite a few loan players and free agents

Up front needs major surgery we missed so many chances today when we were well on top. Which sums it up for me...not scoring enough goals against the other Top 6 teams. Allan will help with the creativity as will a fit again Boyle but even if we sign McNulty I still reckon we need another 2 strikers to battle it out with him and Flo

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It's probably a 3-4 window job.

As long as we see progress in the summer I'd accept a similar start to last season with another kick on again post January.

I don't think we'll get everything we need in one window.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post

I detect Heckingbottom being frustrated already with transfers. Hope he does not encounter the same issues as Lennon.
    You mean if Hecky only gets about 30 players we're short changing him?

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    It's frustrating being told we don't have the funds to make sustained challenges for Europe when Aberdeen, Hearts, Motherwell, Dundee United and St Johnstone have all managed it in the last decade. We have one sort of good season and are then pish for at least the next 5.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Greencore View Post

All over the park except in goal.

Defence is prone to terrible gaffes and spilling critical goals.

Midfield is weak defensively, lacks pace and bite going forward and doesn't have enough invention.

Forward line is patchy and more often than not fails to land the killer punch.

The team collectively gives away a huge amount of possession game after game. The team collectively doesn't look as fit or as fast as it should.

Being stuck in mid table no-man's land is useless to us and so far for me Heckingbottom isn't much of an improvement on Lennon -but he deserves at least two transfer windows to show where he wants to take us and how. I haven't seen a huge improvement in the players since he arrived - Kamberi in particular is as bad as he was - and I'm disappointed that so few of them have looked really hungry to impress the new manager.

We have a lot of players who are adequate rather than good and very few players who are consistently very good and often excellent.

I really hate how we fail to get in the faces of the opposition and referees on days like today.

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post

Midfield is weak defensively, lacks pace and bite going forward and doesn't have enough invention.

The team collectively gives away a huge amount of possession game after game. The team collectively doesn't look as fit or as fast as it should.

Being stuck in mid table no-man's land is useless to us and so far for me Heckingbottom isn't much of an improvement on Lennon -but he deserves at least two transfer windows to show where he wants to take us and how. I haven't seen a huge improvement in the players since he arrived - Kamberi in particular is as bad as he was - and I'm disappointed that so few of them have looked really hungry to impress the new manager.

We have a lot of players who are adequate rather than good and very few players who are consistently very good and often excellent.

I really hate how we fail to get in the faces of the opposition and referees on days like today.
    Is this a serious post or fishing?

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    It's frustrating being told we don't have the funds to make sustained challenges for Europe when Aberdeen, Hearts, Motherwell, Dundee United and St Johnstone have all managed it in the last decade. We have one sort of good season and are then pish for at least the next 5.
    Other than on here I dont see anyone from the club saying that tho?? Hecky repeated said at his presser on Thurs he wants us challenging top 4 next season. And weve just finished 5th...yeah it not been as good a season as last but hardly p##h

We need more pace across the back four - they are too slow and it shows in last 20 minutes of games. Clinical finishing up front would also help

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post

Some.shocking posts on here today but that really is a hum dinger...oh dear

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    Likely that Celtic will be weaker next season and Rangers stronger.
    I would have thought the opposite given how much money Celtic have to spend compared to the new Rangers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the money we are paying through the gate. We are the 4th best supported team in the league so we should have enough to build a squad competing for European places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Some.shocking posts on here today but that really is a hum dinger...oh dear

Clearly a border settler.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Who has said this?

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraz1875 View Post
    Is this a serious post or fishing?
    Completely serious. In fact I think all I posted is screamingly obvious to see.