hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Lightbulb Dylan “The Star” Mcgeough back to Easter Road

It has just recently come to my attention, that we are looking to bring back Dyln Mcgeough into the midfield to play alongside Scott Allan, Stevie Malan and possibly Stephane Omeonga. Now my thinking is we will get one of the 2, Omega, or Mcgeough, either of which i wold tke in the hibs midfield.

I have not personally been keeping up with Mcgeough and how he has been doing down south with Sunderland, but I’m sure, if there are as many people still watching out for Mcginn, there has to be some people watching Mcgeouch’s progression as a footballer.
    So with this, this means i’m not sure how Dylan has been playing , I know he had a bad injury at the start of the season but i’m lead to believe he is back playing, i don’t know if thats for the first team or for the reserves, if anyone knows i’d be more than happy to listen.

SO, with that being said, would you take the former star back at Easter road, or do you think we will get Omeonga in on a permanent, baring in mind he has stated that he doesn’t fancy going back to Genoa, in Italy, and would love to call aster road home if all parties involved can agree a contract.

Thanks for Reading

2. Log in to remove the advert

I think 95% of fans would take both and bite yer hand off for either.

I expect Hecky has his own targets.

It'll be interesting to see what type of player he goes after.

Omeonga please.

I doubt hes coming back. Quick to leave us and quick to come back. No doubt be offski again as quick

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Omeonga please.
    Mcgeouch’s a lot better than Omegona

Would take him back in a heartbeat.

I would take Omeonga back although for me he’s not as good as others seem to think. He’s been playing attacking positions but has next to no end product. His main attribute is his energy and running power but I’m unsure if he would have the discipline to play a in a midfield 2.

Mallan deserves to start centre mid after the season he has had, McGeouch coming in would be good as it would allow us to release him and get further up the park to score and create chances.

Heckinbottom to me seems the type of manager that will want legs and power in centre mid.

Personally I could see him playing Allan in a Left mid sort of role that Omeonga has been playing this season.

...................Mcgeouch..............
    ..........Mallan............Omeonga.......
    Boyle............................................A llan.....
    ....................Kamberi..................

Something like that? However imo Allan would be wasted out wide and the centre looks a bit weak and would get bullied.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    You sure??

Different type of player.

You'd get more minutes of football out of Omeonga for starters.

A midfield of Omega, McGeouch and Allan would be immense.

Completely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    You sure??
    Positive aye

Omegona is a really good player though
    Last edited by Stuart93; 14-05-2019 at 07:36 PM.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Neither of them score goals though

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Neither of them score goals though
    That’s what mallan Allan and strikers are for

4 in 101 for Dylan for us. Pretty poor tbf. He also injured himself scoring one of the 4!

Anywau Dylan over Omeonga any day. Would allow us to move Mallan further forward.

Debatable as they are different types of player.

But a midfield of Allan, Mallan and Omeonga is better balanced than one of Allan, Mallan and McGeouch.

I'll take the former.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Debatable as they are different types of player.

But a midfield of Allan, Mallan and Omeonga is better balanced than one of Allan, Mallan and McGeouch.

I'll take the former.
    They are different types of players but mcgeouch is still a better player.

First Team Breakthrough
    Dylan will never get a better wage than he’s on now and doesn’t have long left. Was a good at the time but that time is up.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    We've missed Dylan's compusure against Celtic and Rangers. We give the ball away too much against the top teams and waste a lot of energy recovering it.

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    O
    Quote Originally Posted by GoWithTheFlo View Post
    It has just recently come to my attention, that we are looking to bring back Dyln Mcgeough into the midfield to play alongside Scott Allan, Stevie Malan and possibly Stephane Omeonga. Now my thinking is we will get one of the 2, Omega, or Mcgeough, either of which i wold tke in the hibs midfield.

I have not personally been keeping up with Mcgeough and how he has been doing down south with Sunderland, but I’m sure, if there are as many people still watching out for Mcginn, there has to be some people watching Mcgeouch’s progression as a footballer.
    So with this, this means i’m not sure how Dylan has been playing , I know he had a bad injury at the start of the season but i’m lead to believe he is back playing, i don’t know if thats for the first team or for the reserves, if anyone knows i’d be more than happy to listen.

SO, with that being said, would you take the former star back at Easter road, or do you think we will get Omeonga in on a permanent, baring in mind he has stated that he doesn’t fancy going back to Genoa, in Italy, and would love to call aster road home if all parties involved can agree a contract.

Thanks for Reading

Dylan rarely gets a start he has been a regular on the bench, after his injury. Doubt he has progressed down there and apart from bigger income each month, he can’t be enjoying it.

He left because he wanted more money so I doubt he’ll turn his back on that.

Genuinely baffled if any Hibs fan wouldn't take McGeough back. Tremendous player in the Scottish Premier.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Not for me, he was hero worshipped by many but he had far too many crab tendencies for my liking.

McGeough was a huge player for us, when he played we were a better side. If he was available, if he wanted to come back and if PH wanted him then it's the proverbial no brainer.

He had the ability to make football look a really simple game which probably led to him being under appreciated by some. As I've said before the ability to keep the ball and control possession is the most underrated skill in football and McGeough made it look easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Genuinely baffled if any Hibs fan wouldn't take McGeough back. Tremendous player in the Scottish Premier.
    Been an obvious miss in our team this season. He was the link from defence to midfield and could carry the ball for fun.

Now it’s lumped from defence usually to an opposition players head

Think he will end up at Aberdeen at some point

He's not coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisski33 View Post
    I doubt hes coming back. Quick to leave us and quick to come back. No doubt be offski again as quick

Lennon had a lot to do with Dylan leaving, we seemingly offered very decent money so that wasn't a problem.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Not for me, he was hero worshipped by many but he had far too many crab tendencies for my liking.

I bet you thought Boozy was a waste of a Jersey too.

Hibs are at their best with a player like that in midfield. Their job is not to score goals but win and retain the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by GoWithTheFlo View Post

Thanks for Reading
    Are we?

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    I bet you thought Boozy was a waste of a Jersey too.

Hibs are at their best with a player like that in midfield. Their job is not to score goals but win and retain the ball.
    Nothing wrong with going sideways to an extent, it's doing it with a purpose and to keep the ball moving, Milligan tries to do this but is a bit too slow and goes backwards all to often. Dylan plays the linchpin to perfection, picking it up from the back and moving it on, always available for a pass.