hibs.net Messageboard

HSL - AGM Tomorrow

We thought it would be helpful to provide a reminder that we hold our AGM tomorrow at 12 noon in the Captains 1 & 2 Suites at the Stadium ( West Stand ). Our formal business will be very brief and we will welcome any supporters coming along who want to find out more and are thinking about supporting the cause.

HSL

2. Log in to remove the advert

Will try to pop along.

Poorly attended but a compelling case to contribute.

If you can manage a tenner each month, please sign up!

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

That’s a shame
    I’ve been signed up for a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    That’s a shame
    I’ve been signed up for a bit
    Yes it is a shame as to do the re-build we all talk about on here will take some real money so I have to ask where will all this real money come from to get some quality players into our club?

It was a poor attendance but not surprising. I really hope the club start backing the scheme via their twitter, signage in the concourse etc..if they want to reach out to increase the numbers then they have to actively back it.

The chairman made a good point that if everyone could persuade just one person to join up then we would double our money. I’m going to try and convince some of my pals.
    Good to see big Tony Higgins there.

@hibs.net private member hibbybob's Avatar
    Promotion of the HSL AGM was very low key and really didn't encourage people to attend. A short meeting at noon on a Sunday when we had a game at 3pm wasn't ideal.

There are obviously formalities at any AGM but why not have some sort of event afterwards to encourage people to attend and feel part of something. Something like a Q&A with Hecky or some of the players (past or present) might be good and it wouldn't cost HSL anything.

Open up the post AGM event to non members you'd have the opportunity to encourage more people to join.

I'm not having a dig - the above is intended to be constructive.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbybob View Post
    Promotion of the HSL AGM was very low key and really didn't encourage people to attend. A short meeting at noon on a Sunday when we had a game at 3pm wasn't ideal.

There are obviously formalities at any AGM but why not have some sort of event afterwards to encourage people to attend and feel part of something. Something like a Q&A with Hecky or some of the players (past or present) might be good and it wouldn't cost HSL anything.

Open up the post AGM event to non members you'd have the opportunity to encourage more people to join.

I think the timing was right, after all it won't be am easy task to get LD for and.hour plus but you are spot on about the promotion of it. And great shout about merging it with something else. In fact, someone today mentioned something similar in terms of HSL promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    I think the timing was right, after all it won't be am easy task to get LD for and.hour plus but you are spot on about the promotion of it. And great shout about merging it with something else. In fact, someone today mentioned something similar in terms of HSL promotion.
    Me.

Me.
    Certainly worth looking into and hopefully Jim has it on his list.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbybob View Post

hibbybob
    Thank you for your comments and we are indeed taking the positive from them rather than any criticism.

The positive aspect is that as with any other Organisation the AGM is the main platform for stakeholders to voice their displeasure with their Directors. We emailed our Members three times and given that so many chose not to attend, and that those that did attend seemed content with the work we have been able to do, we assume that most are happy with your Board of Directors.

Allow as to deal with your other points.

After previous AGM's we received feedback suggesting that a cold damp Thursday night in the middle of winter did nothing to encourage Members to attend. Indeed, many did not live in Edinburgh so making an extra journey was just not possible, particularly in the Evening. A number suggested a date and time when Members and supporters would be coming to the Stadium anyway. i.e. match day. So, that's why we chose yesterday.

As well as emailing our Members we posted twice on this Forum and Twice on the Bounce as well as numerous posts on Facebook and twitter. In all of those threads we pointed out that our formal Meeting would be short and that non Members were welcome to come along and hear more about what HSL are doing. For us this was the disappointing aspect. A great chance to speak directly to the Directors and dispel any myths and seek reassurance about how much a difference we are making to the Playing Budget. Many people post on here regularly about "not being convinced" or "why should I join" - there was an opportunity yesterday.

We don't know if you were there yesterday but the news was fantastic.

- HSL now own almost 19% of the Club
    - We are now only 6.1% away from our principal target of 25.1%
    - We have donated almost £800,000 to the playing budget
    - Leeann confirmed once again the very real difference that this money has made and the players that she was able to bring in that she would not have been able to do otherwise
    - We are on an upward trajectory , with increased Membership and more and more money going to our Manager
    - A very clear message about our "Founding Members" initiative. Many, many more supporters want to be part of this.

Join now if you want to be part of history .

https://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate

HSL

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    - Change the Name, Hibernian Supporters Limited sounds corporate, like a holding company as opposed to the grass roots, fan movement image you are trying to project. A Rangers or Hearts fan can promoting their scheme can refer to being part of "Club 1872" or "the Foundation", telling someone you are a member of Hibernian Supporters Limited doesn't really have that same feel IMO despite the groups having generally the same purpose.

- In regards to the AGM, again people aren't signing up to attend corporate events and vote to agree on accounts etc. Stuff like this should be coupled with other more interesting events and promoted as member events.

- Something similar to the plot scheme and ceremonies FoH have. Pledgers are awarded something tangible for their donations which doesn't really cost the club anything. I'm afraid a certificate which you are expected to print at home yourself won't really cut it for most people you are looking to donate £225+.

- The twitter and other social media marketing could still be improved. I understand it is done on a voluntary basis but I am sure there people within the fan base who can assist with this to improve content and reach more people.

I'd rebrand it "time for heroes" everyone wants to be a hero right? Also has obvious links.

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I'd rebrand it "time for heroes" everyone wants to be a hero right? Also has obvious links.
    Perhaps the members could be asked in a survey if they want HSL to be rebranded.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    - Change the Name, Hibernian Supporters Limited sounds corporate, like a holding company as opposed to the grass roots, fan movement image you are trying to project. A Rangers or Hearts fan can promoting their scheme can refer to being part of "Club 1872" or "the Foundation", telling someone you are a member of Hibernian Supporters Limited doesn't really have that same feel IMO despite the groups having generally the same purpose.

- In regards to the AGM, again people aren't signing up to attend corporate events and vote to agree on accounts etc. Stuff like this should be coupled with other more interesting events and promoted as member events.

- Something similar to the plot scheme and ceremonies FoH have. Pledgers are awarded something tangible for their donations which doesn't really cost the club anything. I'm afraid a certificate which you are expected to print at home yourself won't really cut it for most people you are looking to donate £225+.

- The twitter and other social media marketing could still be improved. I understand it is done on a voluntary basis but I am sure there people within the fan base who can assist with this to improve content and reach more people.
    Thank you for taking an interest in us. Allow us to give feedback on your comments :

- Your point about our name is well made and there isn't anyone here in disagreement. None of the Directors are precious about our existing name. Please note that "Club 1872" are in fact Club 1872 Ltd but they choose not to refer to the Ltd. We have never intended to use the Ltd and we certainly agree that HSL doesn't bring any additional clarity. We are in fact Hibernian 1875 Supporters. The point I am making is that we can easily choose to refer to ourselves as something else without the need to change our corporate structure. If we want to be Forever Green, Evergreen, Club 1875, Hibs 1875 or whatever, we can do it. There will be some costs to do this but none of them prohibitive. It's just a question of priorities.
    - We had offered non Members the opportunity to attend an informal event in a nice convenient location with a cup of tea thrown in. If we need to do more social events, we can do.
    - Given the level of interest shown in the Founders Board and the Strip it is clear that many supporters are motivated by "goodies". That being the case we are happy to continue down that route.
    - Our Social Media activities are something else. We receive many compliments about it and we hear supporters telling us that they like the fact that it is distinctive from the Club. Having said this, if as you say we have real social media experts out there please get in touch at info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk.

Hope this helps.

HSL

It may have been poorly attended but that's a good thing for me. Imagine hundreds knocking on the door asking lots of questions! The Guys at HSL are doing something right if it's poorly attended. It would be good to see more HSL at ER though.

I do agree with the tenner a month comment as Hecky will be sizing up his squad and more importantly at this stage his budget.

Come on folks, it time to step forward and back this regardless of what it's called. We can window dress later.

www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk
    Last edited by HappyHibby93; 24-05-2019 at 07:19 AM.