hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen game..

Aberdeen game..

Final home game of a season where we have seen 2 managers take charge. A strong finish to the season but our form early on means only 5th which isn’t great.

Aberdeen have had the better of us recently and it was the one team Lennon struggled with.

Few things from to expect this weekend..

Bartley last Hibs game ?
    McNulty / Gauld and a few others last Hibs appearance ?

Shinnie for Aberdeen - last game for equivalent of SJM over last few years.

Expect the usual dirty tackles by Aberdeen and Hearts style time wasting.

Last week Hecky said some players on holiday - not ideal as I want us to finish with a win and good performance.

Aberdeen have 3rd to play for - we have pride.

Hopefully the players are up for it and it’s a sell out.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    The players will have a better attitude on Saturday after the rollicking they’ve had since Killie.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The players will have a better attitude on Saturday after the rollicking they’ve had since Killie.
    Hopefully...

Surely want to finish on a positive.

Hope we finish the season positively as it’s been disappointing post split. The Hearts game killed us a bit and we’ve not really got going since.

Can’t see Marv being at ER next season so hope he gets the opportunity to get on the pitch.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    Final home game of a season where we have seen 2 managers take charge. A strong finish to the season but our form early on means only 5th which isn’t great.

Aberdeen have had the better of us recently and it was the one team Lennon struggled with.

Bartley last Hibs game ?

Last week Hecky said some players on holiday - not ideal as I want us to finish with a win and good performance.

Not really a strong finish at all. 2p out of possible 12 in the four games after the split. Went into the last 5 games with a theoretical chance to fight for top3 but are now 10p behind both Aberdeen and Kilmarnock. Really sad the Hecky's bounce is over. Need good recruitment in the summer.

Hoping for positive attacking football - the Hibs way - and a few goals, even if we end up losing.
    Mmmeeeeeeeeeh............

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    Hoping for positive attacking football - the Hibs way - and a few goals, even if we end up losing.
    Mmmeeeeeeeeeh............
    PS I'd like to see Horgan and Aggie start - go at them like a pair of collies in One Man and His Dog - from the right and the left.

we've struggled to score goals lately and i expect this to continue.

Home defeat probably. Aberdeen playing for 3rd.

The last 2 games have convinced me we are in holiday mode so have gave my season ticket to someone else. If we win we win if we don't then at least it's the end of the season and the start of the not at all painfully tedious transfer window

Testimonial Due
    Regardless of the result, I hope the fans in attendance stay back and give the lads leaving a good reception. Marv, Bogdan, McNulty, Omeonga etc.

@hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    My first game for a while so I am hoping to see a decent performance. For the record, I rarely see Hibs lose when I am at ER.....

Performance needs to be a professional 1 of pride. ER is our home patch, we should be seeking to beat every one in this league at home, regardless of context.

2-1 to Hibs.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Hoping we win of course but won’t be massively disappointed if we don’t. It’s clear the players are in holiday mode just now as we don’t have nothing to really play for.

Aberdeen need the win more than we do to guarantee European football next season. Can see them probably just sneaking it.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Let's just kick the **** out of them, timewaste and put on 6 defenders after 60 minutes. Play for the draw and deny them 3rd. See how they like it.

I'm finding it very hard to get in any way interested in this game, other than to give Bartley a decent farewell.

We've always struggled to have an answer to Aberdeen's physical approach, and I don't see any of our current shower of players who have either one foot out the door or one eye on their summer beach wardrobe doing anything to change that.

Heckingbottom's got a big couple of months but there is a decent core of players still there, so as much as this season can't finish fast enough, I'm quite looking forward to next season.

Coming up for the first time in a good few years, usually would go with family.

Will be staying at the premier Inn at the harbour in Newhaven, will be getting a bus about half way but want to take a walk a bit, go for a pint and take the atmosphere in, what would be the best way coming? I am in the east stand and which pub? Will be in colours tho.

Anyone have an idea of the cost of a taxi from Easter road to the premier Inn also, thanks.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Play the laddies and big Marv. Meaningless game that should be used to have some fun. My wee girl is doing a lap of honour at half time, can’t wait for the game.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    Coming up for the first time in a good few years, usually would go with family.

Will be staying at the premier Inn at the harbour in Newhaven, will be getting a bus about half way but want to take a walk a bit, go for a pint and take the atmosphere in, what would be the best way coming? I am in the east stand and which pub? Will be in colours tho.
    Something like the Persevere at the bottom of ER i would imagine.

First Team Regular
    Anyone have an idea of the cost of a taxi from Easter road to the premier Inn also, thanks.
    Number 10 bus takes you up To Albert Street.I use it myself for most home games when I stay in Newhaven.bus stops right outside hotel.
    Last edited by Tarrahib; 16-05-2019 at 05:03 PM. Reason: addition.

A number 10 or a number 16 will pick you up very close to where you are and take you along towards Leith and up Leith Walk towards the city centre. You can choose where to get off and whether you'd want to take your dander up from the bottom of Leith Walk and stay on until you get further up (the further up you go, the more you will encounter away support). A number 11 would also work if you were wanting to get off halfway up Leith Walk or higher, that would be heading on the opposite direction as you depart Newhaven though (unless you fancy an unnecessary loop on the bus past Ocean Terminal). £1.70 for a single ticket on the bus, not sure exactly what it would be in a taxi at that time but taxis and private hires in Edinburgh are expensive. I'm very near where you're staying right now and if it is anything like it is today then it would be a glorious wee stroll all or part of the way.

You might want to look up the Lothian buses website to pick which bus you are aiming for, as obviously the Sunday service is less frequent. I find it really good and use it all the time.

The service buses in Edinburgh are brilliant and I use them all the time.

After last weeks performance I wonder what the front lineup will be?

We haven't been doing too well in the middle to final 3rd with creativity.

Bartley I doubt will start.

This could also be the last we see of Bogdan and Omenega.

I really hope we put on one final good performance and send Aberdeen packing.

Looking forward to the game but will be sad to see players play for us for the last time.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    After last weeks performance I wonder what the front lineup will be?

We haven't been doing too well in the middle to final 3rd with creativity.

Bartley I doubt will start.

This could also be the last we see of Bogdan and Omenega.

I really hope we put on one final good performance and send Aberdeen packing.

Looking forward to the game but will be sad to see players play for us for the last time.
    Think we’ve a few players a booking away from a ban, and we don’t want to go into next season with players suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Think we’ve a few players a booking away from a ban, and we don’t want to go into next season with players suspended
    Who Billy?

I'd like to see Agyepong start the game. Not sure if we've any interest in bringing him back but just in terms of winning the game, we need to inject some pace into our play.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Was it last season or the one before when Gray and McGregor got booked and missed the first game of the next season. Think it may have been last game in the championship possibly away to Ayr springs to mind.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Who Billy?
    It’s difficult to work out with the new disciplinary rules in place, but Milligan, Gray, Kamberi, McGregor and McNulty have a lot of bookings

https://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=1227

Click on the name and you’ll see how many they’ve got
    Last edited by Billy Whizz; 17-05-2019 at 02:35 PM.

Bartley last Hibs game ?

I completely disagree that 5th isn't great...its way above our average top flight finish in my lifetime and from 8th at start of Feb...perfectly acceptable in my book. Granted we all wanted Top 4 but I wouldn't have said it's not great in the context of this season tbh.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    A number 10 or a number 16 will pick you up very close to where you are and take you along towards Leith and up Leith Walk towards the city centre. You can choose where to get off and whether you'd want to take your dander up from the bottom of Leith Walk and stay on until you get further up (the further up you go, the more you will encounter away support). A number 11 would also work if you were wanting to get off halfway up Leith Walk or higher, that would be heading on the opposite direction as you depart Newhaven though (unless you fancy an unnecessary loop on the bus past Ocean Terminal). £1.70 for a single ticket on the bus, not sure exactly what it would be in a taxi at that time but taxis and private hires in Edinburgh are expensive. I'm very near where you're staying right now and if it is anything like it is today then it would be a glorious wee stroll all or part of the way.

You might want to look up the Lothian buses website to pick which bus you are aiming for, as obviously the Sunday service is less frequent. I find it really good and use it all the time.

The service buses in Edinburgh are brilliant and I use them all the time.
    Thank you for that I will get the bus half, leaving tomorrow on the train.

An early goal would be great but thinking will be a draw.