hibs.net Messageboard

 

Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1
    @hibs.net private member Benny Brazil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    48
    Posts
    3,172

    Hibs Twitter - Father and Son

    Shaneless plug for my daughters boyfriend - short animated video he did for his Uni work - go check it out!
    Would post a link but am useless at that!


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    6,991
    Blog Entries
    1
    Just watched that on Twitter...beautiful

  4. #3
    Love it.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years


  5. #5
    @hibs.net private member Benny Brazil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    48
    Posts
    3,172
    Quote Originally Posted by sauzee=legend View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cheers!

  6. #6

  7. #7
    @hibs.net private member 90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    4,163
    Tremendous work.

  8. #8
    Testimonial Due SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Easter Road
    Age
    34
    Posts
    3,928
    I'm not crying, you're crying

    Brilliant animation video there

  9. #9
    brilliant! brings home the message that children grow up so quickly and time goes by so quickly too.

    Its funny how and what kids remember from their childhood. Theres nothing to beat going along to support

    Hibernian every week with your dad.

  10. #10
    @hibs.net private member Benny Brazil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    48
    Posts
    3,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Stantons Angel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    brilliant! brings home the message that children grow up so quickly and time goes by so quickly too.

    Its funny how and what kids remember from their childhood. Theres nothing to beat going along to support

    Hibernian every week with your dad.
    Think your spot on there - am sure most of us started going to support Hibs because of our Dads, we then get older and go with our mates instead but some of my best memories are going to the game with my Dad.

  11. #11
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    51
    Posts
    18,286
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Brazil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think your spot on there - am sure most of us started going to support Hibs because of our Dads, we then get older and go with our mates instead but some of my best memories are going to the game with my Dad.
    I remember my Dad taking me to my first match - Hibs v Hearts (followed by Man City v Coventry) in the Skol Festival Trophy in 1979. I was 12 which is fairly old, but my elder brother had previously broken his collar bone in a crush on the Bothwell bridge after a match against Celtic so my Dad waited until I was "big".

    I went to other matches with my Dad, but as you say I was soon going along with my mates and, given that we weren't very good during the 80s, my Dad left me to it.

    Then in the late 90s there was a boxing day match against Kilmarnock at ER. I'd slept at my folks' place the night before (nicely sozzled) and I talked my dad into coming to the match, including pre and post match pints in the Windsor with my mates. He had a great day despite Hibs being beaten in a crap match.

    Not long afterward he died suddenly at his work aged 62.

    I was devastated, but the idea that he took me to my first match and I took him to his last always gives me a wee glow.

    Great wee animation!

  12. #12
    @hibs.net private member tanfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,320
    Brilliant! That song is what my wife used to walk down the aisle at our wedding

  13. #13
    reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Don't actually know right now
    Posts
    8,223
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    Wow, seriously impressed!

    Before clicking on the link I didn't have much expectations....how wrong I was, very powerful
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

  14. #14
    Coaching Staff JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    26,333
    Quote Originally Posted by tanfield View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Brilliant! That song is what my wife used to walk down the aisle at our wedding
    Really nice version of the song.

  15. #15
    reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Don't actually know right now
    Posts
    8,223
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really nice version of the song.
    Agree, I've never heard that before.
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

  16. #16
    Coaching Staff JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    26,333
    Brilliant animation and a great message also to all Dads out there.

  17. #17
    @hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,724
    Love it!

  18. #18
    First Team Breakthrough The Keeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    154
    Beautiful little film. Talented lad :)

  19. #19
    First Team Regular green with envy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    roond the corner
    Posts
    790
    Fabulous.

  20. #20
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    174
    Emotional

  21. #21
    @hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,746
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: verticaldropdj
    Brilliant video

  22. #22
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    midlothian! not the heart !!!
    Age
    60
    Posts
    275
    Do other clubs have stuff like this? or is it just us.
    The Proclaimers music really hits home, thank god there Hibs supporters.
    Brought back some great memories of times gone by for me, thanks for this. Emotional stuff!!
    GGTTH.

  23. #23
    Coaching Staff hfc rd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,894
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: RD4138MU
    That was fantastic 😊

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved