hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: McGinn

McGinn

We should be incredibly proud for helping develop a raw talent at St Mirren and turning him into a wonderful all action footballer.

The Villa fans absolutely love him, week after week he wins their Man of the Match award and they cannot believe what a player they have. Read through some of the comment on this Villa forum!

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/1868...erham-v-villa/

If Villa do not get promoted this season there are bound to be mid-level Premier League clubs of the calibre of Leicester and Everton sniffing around. If he moves it will be for big money and we will get the financial windfall we deserve.

Hibs legend
    Last edited by bringbackjoeT!!; 11-04-2019 at 12:16 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

He wasn't that raw. His first season was absolutely excellent at Hibs. He'll be a star down there.

Posted by Villa fan last night :

A genuinely astonishing second half performance. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a better 45 min performance from a single player to be honest. That sheer force of will to say this is an important game and I literally refuse to lose. I’m going to win by giving every ounce of heart, athleticism and skill I’ve got. If anyone else wants to come with me great but it doesn’t matter because I’m going to win this for us anyway.

Amazing, amazing performance. Like that Hibby said the bigger the moment the bigger he gets. Forest, Middlesborough, down to 10 away at Rotherham! Can’t wait to see what he brings to Wembley!

Real nice comments from his manager too - he said that McGinn was so good he thought there was two of him and it evened up the man they had sent off.....

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47796066

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc
    20% of 20 million coming our way

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bringbackjoeT!! View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We should be incredibly proud for help developing a raw talent at St Mirren and turning him into a wonderful all action footballer.

The Villa fans absolutely love him, week after week he wins their Man of the Match award and they cannot believe what player they have. Read through some of the comment on this Villa forum!

If Villa do not get promoted this season there are bound to be mid-level Premier League clubs of the calibre of Leicester and Everton sniffing around. If he moves it will be for big money and we will get the financial windfall we deserve.

Hibs legend
    Some great comments on there. The McGinn heat map stuff had me chuckling.

They absolutely love him, I've watched a lot of their games this season and he has progressed himself even further down there, probably their player of the season, so proud watching him.

I've never kept tabs on an ex Hibs player like this before, he was a huge part of a very special time for us, a very special wee player.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalOrder View Post
    I’d hope we have a promotion bonus as well.

If they don’t get promoted I think they’ll have problems with the financial fair play rules so may have to sell SJM or Grealish.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I’d hope we have a promotion bonus as well.

If they don’t get promoted I think they’ll have problems with the financial fair play rules so may have to sell SJM or Grealish.
    I’m sure we will. John’s a loyal player and Villa are a massive club. His brother, Stephen was on Sportsound a few weeks ago, went down to see him. He said he loves it at Villa and it would take some offer for him to leave them

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalOrder View Post
    I think we'll make more off his inevitable transfer than we did when we sold him to Villa. Rod isn't daft. There will be clauses as long as your arm written in.

Struggling to think of a hibs player I have enjoyed watching more. Treats every game like it's his last ever. You never truly appreciate a lot of players until they are gone but thank Christ hibs fans did and showed him the adulation and support he deserved during his time here.

Spoke with a Villa recently and said he couldn't think of a pound for pound better signing Villa have ever made.

SJM will be a EPL player next season.. #chingchingforHibs

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    What makes it even more pleasing is that the lesser greens could have had him if they hadn't fannied about with the fee.

While we expected him to move on I don't think anyone could have expected the impact he has made in the EPL. Every chance POTY at Villa and suspect in the running for the divisions top player.
    No doubt in my mind he will move on to a bigger club than Villa and we will reap the reward whilst taking a tremendous amount of satisfaction for a player who played his heart out for the jersey for Hibs.
    Meanwhile Celtic look on wishing what could have been.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    He will be an EPL winner by the end of his career.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Left by mutual consent!
    My favourite quote..."McGinn must have a power plant instead of lungs"

Quote Originally Posted by bringbackjoeT!! View Post
    We should be incredibly proud for helping develop a raw talent at St Mirren and turning him into a wonderful all action footballer.

The Villa fans absolutely love him, week after week he wins their Man of the Match award and they cannot believe what a player they have. Read through some of the comment on this Villa forum!

Hibs legend
    He’s better than Leicester or Everton level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    He’s better than Leicester or Everton level.

You think he's Arsenal or Chelsea or City level? Not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Arsenal are reported to be after Ryan Fraser - what makes Fraser that level but not McGinn?

First Team Breakthrough
    Bearing in mind how much we would profit in the event of SJM moving on. There would not be much bigger than Villa in the EPL.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    If he continues at the rate he's going then his next move will be a stepping stone to one of the big 6.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Arsenal are reported to be after Ryan Fraser - what makes Fraser that level but not McGinn?
    While I don’t think McGinn would look out of place in the Arsenal midfield that has some dross like Xhaka and Elnenny, Fraser has already proved he’s good enough for the Premiership. McGinn is still to do that, but I can see his career trajectory being similar to Andy Robertson.

I was at UTD v Barca last night. mctominey was utds best player.

mcginn is miles better than mctominey. he's maybe not ready for it every week but he's grow into a top club no doubt.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Top of Sky's Championship Power Rankings

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...ohn-mcginn-top

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    While I don’t think McGinn would look out of place in the Arsenal midfield that has some dross like Xhaka and Elnenny, Fraser has already proved he’s good enough for the Premiership. McGinn is still to do that, but I can see his career trajectory being similar to Andy Robertson.
    Xhaka is a much better player than Mcginn. He's been good this season and Arsenal have been much better with with him playing. Elneny isn't a starter and will move on soon.
    Mcginn could go that far but he isn't currently better than Everton or Leicester.

Guys like James Milner won’t last forever. McGinn is good enough for a top 6 team.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Whilst I'm not at all surprised at how well he has done down there, I must admit that I was rather insouciant about his imminent departure last summer, and the effect that it would have on us.

He's been a monumental loss, but it does seem like we will make a further tidy sum from him if his upwards trajectory continues.

Loved watching him (on the TV games). We really needed someone with that 'never say die' attitude. What's also good for us is the fact we really did help develop him. We've also given McNulty a step up in terms of visibility and performance. This will stand Hibs in good stead in the future. Players will want to come to us more, managers will be more willing to loan players to us. All good here!

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Guys like James Milner won’t last forever. McGinn is good enough for a top 6 team.

Agreed. Liverpool would be a great fit for SJM.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jimmy View Post
    I was at UTD v Barca last night. mctominey was utds best player.

mcginn is miles better than mctominey. he's maybe not ready for it every week but he's grow into a top club no doubt.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    McGinn has a good future but Mctominay was playing against one of the best teams on the planet while McGinn was playing against one of the worst teams in the English Championship.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    McGinn is already a very good footballer, he’s certainly made his mark on the championship this season. I suppose the question is how good can he be?

Guys like Adam, McArthur, Snodgrass, Arfield and McCarthy have all had decent runs in the EPL in recent years and I feel confident McGinn is the equal of any of them ( I know they’re all quite different players).

Hopefully SJM keeps his progression going, he’s a Hibs legend and a lovely guy too.