hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can’t understand the views on this thread that wouldn’t want Dylan back ..our POY in his last season with us - would be as good as any in His role that we could get in ..would be a great addition
    Possibly trolling, trying to get a reaction.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    As an aside from the Dylan/ Omeonga debate, I'm a bit surprised and disappointed to see the amount of criticism of Milligan on here.

Occasionally he dithers on the ball (often when he has nobody to release it to) and I thought he was pish at Ibrox recently but the guy has been excellent during our improved form during the second half of this season.

I'd be happy enough to have a midfield of him, Allan and someone with energy. A decent bit of pace out wide so Horgan isn't our only midfielder/ forward with any pace and I think we'd see more still from him.
    Agreed. Milligan has been a solid performer in midfield, and was excellent at CB in one of our most important wins of the season.

Is the OP Dylan's agent?

Is he injured or did he just not make the squad for tonight's game?

Would love to see Dylan back at Hibs, class act!

First Team Breakthrough H113EE5's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    100%. Great potential to improve - would be a progressive and exciting perm signing.
    McGeough too injury prone, over-rated and would be a regressive signing, sorry.
    Actually no, not sorry.

Left by mutual consent!
    I don’t think Dylan would fit into the shape of team we are going to go for next season. I would also rather Allan dictate play the Dylan.

Dylan is more than welcome back at Easter Road. How some people can sit and say he wouldn't walk back into our squad is beyond me. Him Mallan and Allan in a 3 would be lovely.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    Dylan is more than welcome back at Easter Road. How some people can sit and say he wouldn't walk back into our squad is beyond me. Him Mallan and Allan in a 3 would be lovely.
    Agreed. Would have him back at Easter Road in a heartbeat.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    I don’t think Dylan would fit into the shape of team we are going to go for next season. I would also rather Allan dictate play the Dylan.
    Dylan sits at the back of the midfield, completely different players

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Dylan sits at the back of the midfield, completely different players
    Just seen him at back of Sunderland bench, looking alone and peed off, let's try to bring him back.

What a great player Dylan is. Always drove the team forward. Would be a great signing but i’ll trust whatever Hecky wants.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    What a great player Dylan is. Always drove the team forward. Would be a great signing but i’ll trust whatever Hecky wants.
    That’s just not true and why I can never buy into all the praise he got, more often than not his passes were backwards or sideways. As far as I’m concerned this always driving the team forward is a complete myth. It’s not that he couldn’t do it, just more often than not he chose not to.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    That’s just not true and why I can never buy into all the praise he got, more often than not his passes were backwards or sideways. As far as I’m concerned this always driving the team forward is a complete myth. It’s not that he couldn’t do it, just more often than not he chose not to.
    It's more of a myth that his passes were all backwards and sideways.

I don't understand the "he chose not to" comment either. With respect the guys a professional footballer who has a far higher understanding of the game than yourself , if he wasn't trying to play a holywood ball at times there was probably a good reason for it ie it was more sensible to retain possession.

He is one of the best midfield players we have had in the last 10 years.

Anyone who doesn’t believe Dylan was one of the best midfielders we’ve had since Sauzee has their eyes painted on. Simple as that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GoalsMcGinley View Post
    Anyone who doesn’t believe Dylan was one of the best midfielders we’ve had since Sauzee has their eyes painted on. Simple as that.
    Agreed, Dylan is a class act. I would welcome him back.

First Team Regular
    Guess what, if you have someone who is calm under pressure and retains possession, the other team can’t score. Dylan built a lot of attacks from deep. You sometimes have to play back or sideways if there’s no movement ahead. Would you rather he just hoof it up the park?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    His last season at the club was superb, he retains the ball in tight situations, he does not panic. He takes the ball from the defenders, feeds the other midfielders and helped that team go forward that scored lots of goals.

The guy was class for us, i'm not surprised some didnt rate him, as some of our fans wouldn't know a good player if one bit them on the nose.

There are even some who don't rate Scott Allan, and remember what a bomb scare Efe was?

First Team Breakthrough Hibs1969's Avatar
    Dylan was a class act who was an integral part of the best midfield to play for Hibs for years. His ability to find space and make a pass was outstanding. A cup winning legend, I’d take him back in a minute.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs1969 View Post
    Dylan was a class act who was an integral part of the best midfield to play for Hibs for years. His ability to find space and make a pass was outstanding. A cup winning legend, I’d take him back in a minute.
    Yip, i'd even say our midfield were the best in the country last season.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    His last season at the club was superb, he retains the ball in tight situations, he does not panic. He takes the ball from the defenders, feeds the other midfielders and helped that team go forward that scored lots of goals.

The guy was class for us, i'm not surprised some didnt rate him, as some of our fans wouldn't know a good player if one bit them on the nose.

There are even some who don't rate Scott Allan, and remember what a bomb scare Efe was?

And this is what makes good Hibs teams tick.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    It's more of a myth that his passes were all backwards and sideways.

I don't understand the "he chose not to" comment either. With respect the guys a professional footballer who has a far higher understanding of the game than yourself , if he wasn't trying to play a holywood ball at times there was probably a good reason for it ie it was more sensible to retain possession.

He is one of the best midfield players we have had in the last 10 years.
    We can agree to disagree re the passing backwards and sideways.

And with respect the old I don’t know what I’m talking about because I’m not a professional footballer line. Gong by that logic the majority of us shouldn’t post our opinions on here because we were never professional footballers. Who mentioned a Hollywood ball ? My issue with McGeouch was never lack ability he clearly had it, but he chose more often than not to take the easy option. Aberdeen SC semi, two games against Hearts at ER last season he showed what he could do when he showed more ambition with the ball.

In your opinion he is, in mine SJM and Scott Allan are far better players, match winners. Interesting to me that SJM is player of the season at AV and has a good chance of playing in the Premiership next season while McGeouch doesn’t even make the bench latterly in the third tier.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

You are correct I even remember reading on here how we wouldn’t miss him this season.

We can agree to disagree re the passing backwards and sideways.

And with respect the old I don’t know what I’m talking about because I’m not a professional footballer line. Gong by that logic the majority of us shouldn’t post our opinions on here because we were never professional footballers. Who mentioned a Hollywood ball ? My issue with McGeouch was never lack ability he clearly had it, but he chose more often than not to take the easy option. Aberdeen SC semi, two games against Hearts at ER last season he showed what he could do when he showed more ambition with the ball.

In your opinion he is, in mine SJM and Scott Allan are far better players, match winners. Interesting to me that SJM is player of the season at AV and has a good chance of playing in the Premiership next season while McGeouch doesn’t even make the bench latterly in the third tier.
    Thankfully your opinion is very much in the minority and the majority of Hibs fans recognise the fantastic player he is.

The likes of McGeouch are often the difference between being a Hibs team and a Hearts team.

I'll watch McGeouch taking the ball off the defence and moving it on in whichever direction he fancies - BUT KEEPING POSSESSION -before I'd want us cutting the man out and lumping it straight up the park and scrap for 2nd balls.

I watch a lot of games and think that what is really lacking is a Dylan McGeouch in order to turn it into a football game.

Milligan tries to do what Dylan did but just not as well, Dylan has composure, strength, guile and an ability to keep the ball moving when in tight situations. He allowed SJM and Allan to do what they did best in our team last season, he also disproved the myth that a DM needs to be an enforcer type player.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Milligan tries to do what Dylan did but just not as well, Dylan has composure, strength, guile and an ability to keep the ball moving when in tight situations. He allowed SJM and Allan to do what they did best in our team last season, he also disproved the myth that a DM needs to be an enforcer type player.
    I agree - and in fairness to Milligan, I think he'd do a better job of it in a team with SJM, Allan and Boyle in it.

Quote Originally Posted by GoalsMcGinley View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Correct and if we had a sniff of a chance to get him back, then we really should.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    McGeouch is far better than Milligan and if it was a choice between the two I’d take McGeouch every day of the week. I’d disagree though that McGeouch was a defensive midfielder (I’m assuming that was what your DM referrred to) for me Bartley was more a defensive midfielder than McGeouch but as they tended to play in the same part of the field it rarely worked when they were in the same team.

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar
    McGeouch is far better than Milligan and if it was a choice between the two I’d take McGeouch every day of the week. I’d disagree though that McGeouch was a defensive midfielder (I’m assuming that was what your DM referrred to) for me Bartley was more a defensive midfielder than McGeouch but as they tended to play in the same part of the field it rarely worked when they were in the same team.
    Surely this is all about getting a blend of skills and attributes in the team. Last season’s midfield was superb but they all had weaknesses (eg SJMs slightly suspect touch) but it worked. As for McGeouch surely the trick is knowing when to drive the team forward and when to play the percentages. I think he did it very very well last season. Even Messi sometimes plays safe.