hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Omeonga please.
    100%. Great potential to improve - would be a progressive and exciting perm signing.
    McGeough too injury prone, over-rated and would be a regressive signing, sorry.
    Actually no, not sorry.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by LeithMike View Post
    Dylan would walk back into the Hibs midfield. As an earlier post highlighted, a midfield triumvirate of McGeouch (poise), Omeonga (drive) and Allan (craft) would be near the best midfield in Scotland. Personally, despite his goals, I dont feel Mallan gets anywhere near those three when it comes to running a game.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    Totally agree all we need is a competitive type who gives us a bit of dig and gets around the midfield areas to plug gaps and keep it simple for the other 3 ..! Mallan can compete for a jersey, as he has his strengths as well but more limited than the other 3 ...

Quote Originally Posted by hibeerealist View Post
    O

Dylan rarely gets a start he has been a regular on the bench, after his injury. Doubt he has progressed down there and apart from bigger income each month, he can’t be enjoying it.
    So do you reckon the rumours of a transfer back to Easter Road could be true

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    100%. Great potential to improve - would be a progressive and exciting perm signing.
    McGeough too injury prone, over-rated and would be a regressive signing, sorry.
    Actually no, not sorry.
    Would signing John McGinn be a regressive signing?

@hibs.net private member Rattler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoWithTheFlo View Post
    So do you reckon the rumours of a transfer back to Easter Road could be true
    Not entirely sure that he’s the type of player that the gaffer is looking for. We already have Millsy as a defensive midfielder anyway.

Didn’t want Dylan to leave in the first place, but times change.

If we are to have him back can we try to spell his surname correctly? Too many McGeough's on here!

Quote Originally Posted by Rattler View Post
    Not entirely sure that he’s the type of player that the gaffer is looking for. We already have Millsy as a defensive midfielder anyway.

Didn’t want Dylan to leave in the first place, but times change.
    You would prefer ‘Millsy’ to McGeogh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Would signing John McGinn be a regressive signing?
    In what way is that relevant to the quoted poster's points?

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    If it were to somehow be a choice between McGeough and Omeonga, it would be Dylan for me without a shadow of a doubt. Injury record is always a concern, but that's 74 appearances in the last two seasons now. A joy to watch as a footballer, always felt when Dylan was in possession that everything was ok.

Omeonga I do like, he is a raw and seems to have a lot of potential - a couple of really good performances for us too. I don't feel quite the same level of enthusiasm for him as many others, but would welcome him back next season, no doubt.

Just how good is the evidence that we are trying to get Dylan back ? Is it just some are hoping we do or what strength of rumour is there? Would have him back in a heartbeat. Would also like to retain Omeonga as well. Can never have too many good players.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    I think 95% of fans would take both and bite yer hand off for either.
    Defo

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    If we are to have him back can we try to spell his surname correctly? Too many McGeough's on here!
    Never had a full season out of him,bar one....thanks,but no thanks.

As an aside from the Dylan/ Omeonga debate, I'm a bit surprised and disappointed to see the amount of criticism of Milligan on here.

Occasionally he dithers on the ball (often when he has nobody to release it to) and I thought he was pish at Ibrox recently but the guy has been excellent during our improved form during the second half of this season.

I'd be happy enough to have a midfield of him, Allan and someone with energy. A decent bit of pace out wide so Horgan isn't our only midfielder/ forward with any pace and I think we'd see more still from him.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Different type of player.

You'd get more minutes of football out of Omeonga for starters.

A midfield of Omega, McGeouch and Allan would be immense.
    There's not a lot of physical presence there.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    He would free up both Stevie Mallan and Scott Allan to do what they do. Not just yes but a thousand times yes.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    In what way is that relevant to the quoted poster's points?
    Cheers WR. Totally irrelevant comment from MWHibbies. Who would not want SJM back? Contributed miles more than DM last season, has progressed, on top form, playing regularly at a high level, robust, and has further room for improvement. None of that applies to DM. Hence DM would be a regressive signing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    There's not a lot of physical presence there.
    A decent amount of pace, energy and an ability to hold onto the ball well enough that we don't need to worry so much about a physical presence winning the ball back.

Quote Originally Posted by vuefrom1875 View Post
    Never had a full season out of him,bar one....thanks,but no thanks.
    He still managed 121 appearances for us in 4 seasons. That's an average of 30 games a season which is pretty good.

I'd take him back without hesitation. One of the best football players i've seen at Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    He still managed 121 appearances for us in 4 seasons. That's an average of 30 games a season which is pretty good.
    But not in top flight football of both countries.

Cheers WR. Totally irrelevant comment from MWHibbies. Who would not want SJM back? Contributed miles more than DM last season, has progressed, on top form, playing regularly at a high level, robust, and has further room for improvement. None of that applies to DM. Hence DM would be a regressive signing.
    Just curious on your criteria for a "regressive signing"

Dylan still walks into the side, progressed or not. Was as important as Mcginn last season, hilarious to suggest Mcginn contributed miles more.

@hibs.net private member
    I can’t understand the views on this thread that wouldn’t want Dylan back ..our POY in his last season with us - would be as good as any in His role that we could get in ..would be a great addition

Left by mutual consent!
    Since when was Mcgeough known as the "The Star"??

Another one that thought he was better than Hibs.

Just goes to show the grass isnt greener.

Wonder if him and Cummings text each other photos of there bank accounts on a Saturday afternoon rather than playing.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    I can’t understand the views on this thread that wouldn’t want Dylan back ..our POY in his last season with us - would be as good as any in His role that we could get in ..would be a great addition
    Absolutely would love to see him back. Great footballer to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Swedish hibee View Post
    But not in top flight football of both countries.
    The post I was replying to wasn't anything to do with which league he was playing in, it was that he had been injured a lot for us.

I was just pointing out that 121 appearances over 4 seasons for us isn't bad for someone who's injury prone.

@hibs.net private member
    You can tell me “it’s only your opinion” all you want but if anybody wouldn’t take Dylan back they must watch football with their eyes shut. One of the best midfielders we have ever had at the club

Laughable how much people are under selling how good mcgeouch was for us. He would walk into this midfield ahead of Mallan or Milligan without any questions asked. And if there was a chance of bringing him back we should jump at it.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    You can tell me “it’s only your opinion” all you want but if anybody wouldn’t take Dylan back they must watch football with their eyes shut. One of the best midfielders we have ever had at the club
    I would absolutely like to see Dylan back at us.. just not necessarily for a large some of money at the expense of keeping guys like Omeonga on. Which was the OP’s question.

I can’t believe anyone would genuinely want Omeonga over Dylan? That’s got to be some sort of wind up surely? Come off it man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When was he ever known as "The Star"?

He would only be a regressive signing if he regressed the standard of the team. Dylan would walk into our current team and improve it.