hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lennon had a lot to do with Dylan leaving, we seemingly offered very decent money so that wasn't a problem.
    So you don’t think getting four times what he was offered here mattered?

2. Log in to remove the advert

I can't see him coming back but I would bite your hand off for Dylan McGeouch.

He was a class act for us.

@hibs.net private member
    Dylan would walk back into the Hibs midfield. As an earlier post highlighted, a midfield triumvirate of McGeouch (poise), Omeonga (drive) and Allan (craft) would be near the best midfield in Scotland. Personally, despite his goals, I dont feel Mallan gets anywhere near those three when it comes to running a game.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    A cracking player whom we'd all love to welcome back, but I don't think it's going to happen.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Mcgeouch’s a lot better than Omegona
    I stand by my Omeonga please if I’m being asked to choose one. Guarantee me a fully fit (and staying so) Mcgeough rediscovering his form just before departing and we may have an argument.

We know what we’re getting from Omeonga right now and I think there’s more to come. As much as Dylan was a good player for us, as well as a likeable guy, I wouldn’t swap Omeonga for him.

I would however take the Mr McGinn back that I’m currently watching for villa :)

Quote Originally Posted by LeithMike View Post
    Dylan would walk back into the Hibs midfield. As an earlier post highlighted, a midfield triumvirate of McGeouch (poise), Omeonga (drive) and Allan (craft) would be near the best midfield in Scotland. Personally, despite his goals, I dont feel Mallan gets anywhere near those three when it comes to running a game.

On its day it would be brilliant. But for me it would be too weak and bullied.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    I think that's probably fair comment but I was always amazed when we had Dylan, McGinn and Alan how much we dominated games in the midfield. O always thought that Dylan would struggle off the ball but he never did. If Omeonga can get anywhere near McGinn's level then I'm sure that could continue.

It looks like there are two approaches for the defensive midfielder - a strong enforcer type or a footballer who can take the ball from the defence. You see it at Chelsea with Jorginho ousting ****e.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    It could be bullied but I don't think it would be very often.

Against Aberdeen or Hearts with one of our weaker refs and we'd struggle.

You'd expect the good wee Spanish midfielders of the past couple of decades to be bullied more often but they simply outplayed the bullies.

These 3 players are strong, quick, mobile and brave in possession. They'd do fine, and be capable of much more than our current players have shown against the other top 6 sides.

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    McGeough was a huge player for us, when he played we were a better side. If he was available, if he wanted to come back and if PH wanted him then it's the proverbial no brainer.

He had the ability to make football look a really simple game which probably led to him being under appreciated by some. As I've said before the ability to keep the ball and control possession is the most underrated skill in football and McGeough made it look easy.
    Fitba folk ken what's goin on

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoWithTheFlo View Post
    It has just recently come to my attention, that we are looking to bring back Dyln Mcgeough into the midfield to play alongside Scott Allan, Stevie Malan and possibly Stephane Omeonga. Now my thinking is we will get one of the 2, Omega, or Mcgeough, either of which i wold tke in the hibs midfield.

I have not personally been keeping up with Mcgeough and how he has been doing down south with Sunderland, but I’m sure, if there are as many people still watching out for Mcginn, there has to be some people watching Mcgeouch’s progression as a footballer.
    So with this, this means i’m not sure how Dylan has been playing , I know he had a bad injury at the start of the season but i’m lead to believe he is back playing, i don’t know if thats for the first team or for the reserves, if anyone knows i’d be more than happy to listen.

SO, with that being said, would you take the former star back at Easter road, or do you think we will get Omeonga in on a permanent, baring in mind he has stated that he doesn’t fancy going back to Genoa, in Italy, and would love to call aster road home if all parties involved can agree a contract.

Thanks for Reading

Who told you that?
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Another no over here. Would rather we spend his high wage on securing omeonga for the season.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    McGeouch v Omeonga

McGeouch every time

I like Omeonga and he is all action and competitive but his use of the ball is very average and unless there were guarantees ( which there never are) that that would improve massively then it would even be a close choice

Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    You sure??
    No debate hes a far better player imo I also dont think Omeonga or McNulty are as great as a lot make out tbh...happily take them both back but wont be too disappointed if it doesn't happen neither mate tbh

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Borderhibbie76; 15-05-2019 at 05:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Genuinely baffled if any Hibs fan wouldn't take McGeough back. Tremendous player in the Scottish Premier.
    110% this

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Very rarely is it the same when a player comes back. They're not as hungry. Can only really recall Pat McGinley being even better than he was before he left. Maybe Griffiths but that was loans. Sometimes it's just better to remember things as they were and move on.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Very rarely is it the same when a player comes back. They're not as hungry. Can only really recall Pat McGinley being even better than he was before he left. Maybe Griffiths but that was loans. Sometimes it's just better to remember things as they were and move on.
    Scott Allan?
    Great in his first spell, better in his second spell and hopefully even better again when he returns for his third spell.

Hibs should focus on getting stephane rather than looking to dylan mcgeouch imo.same type of player but omeomga is much better.mcgeouch is still injury prone.we need players playing.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post
    Hibs should focus on getting stephane rather than looking to dylan mcgeouch imo.same type of player but omeomga is much better.mcgeouch is still injury prone.we need players playing.
    You surely don’t believe that Omeonga is a lot better than Dylan? Ffs the guy won supporters and players player of the year in a team which included SJM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    You surely don’t believe that Omeonga is a lot better than Dylan? Ffs the guy won supporters and players player of the year in a team which included SJM.
    From what ive seen aye a do,think hes alot better actually mate.more industrious, stronger and fitter.had omeonga played all season im pretty sure he would have pipped mallan to both of those awards.my opinion like.👍

Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post
    From what ive seen aye a do,think hes alot better actually mate.more industrious, stronger and fitter.had omeonga played all season im pretty sure he would have pipped mallan to both of those awards.my opinion like.👍
    I like Omeonga, but he needs to be producing a bit more than zero goals and one assist in 10+ games given the position he plays.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    I don't want him back, would also rather have Omeonga. We had one season out of him where he played a considerable amount of games, then he left at the first opportunity to a club in the third tier of English football where he has (yet again) spent a good part of the season out injured and currently can't make their starting eleven. I watched albeit one game recently where he came on and was totally ineffective and was ultimately weak in the challenge that led to the opposition's winning goal.

He'd be an upgrade on Milligan in the keep possession by passing it backwards/sideways role as at least he is far more mobile, but if we are going to play Scott Allan (who added more workrate to an already sublime forward thinking game) and Mallan we need a midfielder with a bit of presence/dig about them who can provide cover to the defence.

I suppose if we don't bring Agyepong back there would be a spot freed up on the treatment table.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Are we allowed to like both McGeouch and Omeonga, if so i'd like both if we could afford and get them.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    I'm a huge fan of Omeonga but if it were a choice between him and Dylan then it's Dylan every single time

Walks into our current side, laughable to suggest we wouldn't take him.

My favourite recent Hibs player. A true Rolls-Royce in the middle of the park.

I remember Kenny Millar's line after the Hibs 2 Hearts 0 derby last season.

"21 players came to Easter Road tonight to play an Edinburgh Derby. Dylan McGeough came here tonight to play football"

Best midfielder in the holding role I've seen in many a year, and Easter Road is the natural home of brilliant ball-players like Dylan McGeough.

And if you want to disagree with that, get in the fxxxing sea!

I can’t believe there are fans who want Milligan to carry on instead of bringing McGeogh. Mental.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    I can’t believe there are fans who want Milligan to carry on instead of bringing McGeogh. Mental.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Are there? I agree that's mental. Milligan wasn't mentioned in OP so didn't enter into my calculations. I'm just in favour of trying to get Omeonga long-term if the question was which one do we invest a bit of money in between him and Dylan.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    So you don’t think getting four times what he was offered here mattered?
    4 times what he was offered here as a new contract ? Sorry but doubt very much that's true ...he was offered very decent money to stay I was told, although not saying what he is on is signify better ...he would need to be on between 12-16 to get 4 times from what I got told was on the table here !!!

If Dylan is available, bring him back

Left by mutual consent!
    Oh wow - a Hibs-team fielding Allan, Omeonga and McGeough .....................
    Attached Images Attached Images