hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Si ferry

@hibs.net private member
    I like the Ferry interviews he does. Don't listen to any Hearts ones though.

As for Fletcher, meh. He speaks well enough about his time with us, although wasn't impressed with how much he was clearly wanted to leave - "Chairman said I could leave in the summer, so happy days".

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    John Park must of made the club a fortune

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like the Ferry interviews he does. Don't listen to any Hearts ones though.

As for Fletcher, meh. He speaks well enough about his time with us, although wasn't impressed with how much he was clearly wanted to leave - "Chairman said I could leave in the summer, so happy days".
    He spoke well about time at us. In context he wad ready for a move.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    For all that's come out about Collins methods of getting people 'onside' it's no surprise he failed.

GOC, Tam McManus, Fletcher, Riordan are just a few that have come out and slaughtered him. I've spoken to coaching staff who were at the club at the time as well who can barely talk about it without bursting into fits of laughter.
    Riordan and GOC where gone by the time he came in tbf.

Love his interviews and listen to them all, including the hearts ones. Tin hat on but Gary lockes interview was decent. Best have been GOC, McCoist and McGeady

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer1875 View Post
    Love his interviews and listen to them all, including the hearts ones. Tin hat on but Gary lockes interview was decent. Best have been GOC, McCoist and McGeady

Gary Locke comes across decent in his interview tbh.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Fletch one was really good, some good Hibs stories in there. Has had a very decent career.

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post
    I'm afraid I took a bit of a dislike to him when he sent sleazy videos of himself to a stranger. Would have been worse if he'd sent them to me, but it was another stranger.
    His hilarious video of him gobbing on the back of a rickshaw driver's head sort of finished the job.
    Great footballer, but a bit of a twat.

er..................... I mean Fletch, not the boy Ferry.
    What's this all about?

Love listening to the Si Ferry podcast, usually a great listen with some funny stories. Another one I started listening to is, Under the Cosh. Jon Parkin does it and its top notch too. Was pissing myself st some of the Dean Windass stories, especially about marking Gazza at a corner.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    “Happy days!”

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoxburghHibs View Post
    What's this all about?
    That refers to when Fletcher sent sleazy pictures and videos to a stranger, and spat on a rickshaw driver for a laugh.

First Team Breakthrough Bob1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    For all that's come out about Collins methods of getting people 'onside' it's no surprise he failed.

GOC, Tam McManus, Fletcher, Riordan are just a few that have come out and slaughtered him. I've spoken to coaching staff who were at the club at the time as well who can barely talk about it without bursting into fits of laughter.
    Fletcher said in the interview that Collins was trying to implement methods that are routinely used nowadays? But back then players weren’t buying it. So hows it a surprise he failed? It actually proves him right in what he was trying to do.

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post
    That refers to when Fletcher sent sleazy pictures and videos to a stranger, and spat on a rickshaw driver for a laugh.

Ach, we've all done that at some point...

Quote Originally Posted by Gloucester Hibs View Post
    Aye, absolute ****bag behaviour that was. Completely indefensible.
    Maybe so but he just sounded like a kid who can't believe he has had such a life from football. Gave decent answers re Hibs and sounded like someone who just wanted to play football and avoid the politics. He's a very wealthy guy and good luck to him. Pity Gaz and deek weren't as lucky/sensible as him.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    His interviews can be OK. Tried to listen to his podcast he does with Kevin Kyle and had to give up after 10 minutes utter nonsense and dross
    Just won the best football podcast of the year and rightly so. The Keeping the Ball on the Ground with Kev Kyle and Paul Slane is some of the best stuff I’ve heard in a long time imo miles ahead of things like Off the Ball or Only an Excuse and still able to keep a semi serious aspect to the topic of conversation. The boy Slaney is absolutely superb as well.

I watched his interview, and I sort of soured on him a bit. Fletch that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob1875 View Post
    Fletcher said in the interview that Collins was trying to implement methods that are routinely used nowadays? But back then players weren’t buying it. So hows it a surprise he failed? It actually proves him right in what he was trying to do.
    The post you quoted talked about Collins ability/methods to get the players to buy in to the fitness and training regime. I don’t think many would disagree that he was trying to implement the right standards but if you can’t convince the players then you’ve failed.

There’s loads of stories about how he talked to the squad and most of them didn’t take to him. You can slag the players for being short sighted or lazy but the manager needs to get them invested in what he’s doing. Collins couldn’t manage the people side of it.

Fletcher comes across OK and has some good insights but the main thing I took out of the interview is that he has no qualms about seeking an exit from clubs at the first opportunity he gets. Which he is perfectly entitled to do by the way.

Very good player who I feel got lost somewhere between a clever link up forward and a big target man, without nailing down either of those roles. Add in the injuries and the fact that he wasn't a prolific scorer and you can see why he was a bit underrated despite easily being Scotland's most technically gifted and intelligent striker in recent years. But a good career all the same.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by patlowe View Post
    Fletcher comes across OK and has some good insights but the main thing I took out of the interview is that he has no qualms about seeking an exit from clubs at the first opportunity he gets. Which he is perfectly entitled to do by the way.

Very good player who I feel got lost somewhere between a clever link up forward and a big target man, without nailing down either of those roles. Add in the injuries and the fact that he wasn't a prolific scorer and you can see why he was a bit underrated despite easily being Scotland's most technically gifted and intelligent striker in recent years. But a good career all the same.
    I know a guy that’s a Sheffield Wednesday fan and he thinks Fletcher’s crap. I’ve said to him the same: when he left Scotland he was a talented forward that scored great goals and since going down there he’s been turned into some kind of target man.

Interview was decent though uh huh.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by patlowe View Post

Absolutely. I’ve said about Fletcher that he almost doesn’t fit into any position on the pitch. He can’t play out wide because he’s painfully slow, he doesn’t really look threatening enough to be a good striker and he’d be wasted as a number 10 because his best attribute is being decent in the air. But at the same time he’s still a decent player.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Absolutely. I’ve said about Fletcher that he almost doesn’t fit into any position on the pitch. He can’t play out wide because he’s painfully slow, he doesn’t really look threatening enough to be a good striker and he’d be wasted as a number 10 because his best attribute is being decent in the air. But at the same time he’s still a decent player.
    He started playing at Hibs as an attacking left midfielder

Left by mutual consent!
    Fletch should be played in off the left lways. He’s a great lad also. Loves Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    He started playing at Hibs as an attacking left midfielder
    Yup. But he wouldn’t be playing in that position now, at least not at any decent standard.

Yup. But he wouldn’t be playing in that position now, at least not at any decent standard.
    He would rip up the spfl as a striker.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    He would rip up the spfl as a striker.
    If we're talking about goals then I'm not so sure. He's never had anything better than a decent scoring record anywhere he's been . All round game then he would probably do quite well. I'm not sure I'd say he'd rip it up though. He'd maybe be similar to what Naismith has been at Hearts.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Always thought he was better running from a deep position, when he was younger

If we're talking about goals then I'm not so sure. He's never had anything better than a decent scoring record anywhere he's been . All round game then he would probably do quite well. I'm not sure I'd say he'd rip it up though. He'd maybe be similar to what Naismith has been at Hearts.
    If he kept fit he would score over 20 but also a good target man and good at bringing others into play.

If he kept fit he would score over 20 but also a good target man and good at bringing others into play.
    I agree with the second part, not so sure about the first part. He's never came close to getting 20 in a season, even when he was up here earlier in his career. This season he has 8. It's his second best return goals wise in the last 7 years. His best in that period was 11.

I just always felt he wasn't threatening enough as a striker. His goals tally near enough every season of his career has been poor-average.

I agree with the second part, not so sure about the first part. He's never came close to getting 20 in a season, even when he was up here earlier in his career. This season he has 8. It's his second best return goals wise in the last 7 years. His best in that period was 11.

I just always felt he wasn't threatening enough as a striker. His goals tally near enough every season of his career has been poor-average.
    He scored 8 this season despite missing half the season and playing at a higher level.

He scored 8 this season despite missing half the season and playing at a higher level.
    He’s made 37 appearances from 49 games this season, over 3 quarters of SW games.

Like I said, that’s also his best return for quite a while. I just don’t see him ever scoring 20 goals. He’s never had that in him and never really threatened to come close to doing it. I don’t see that changing at 32 but you never know.