hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 60 of 60

Thread: 10 in a row

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Scottish Football is a mess.

    If you canít see it you are delusional.

    SFA - not fit for purpose - disband it and start a fresh. Leadership non existent / refs awful / national stadium farce.

    Old Firm - league dominance / sectarian elements - needs sorted and a league with only 2 teams winning it will over time loose interest from other fans.

    Scottish mens National Team - no Manager - average players - not qualified for a tournament since 1998 and wonít anytime soon.

    Funds - lack of funds - awful TV deals. Womenís league in England getting more than Scottish League.

    League structure - 12 teams and split is a farce. Larger league and play each other home and away only. Scrap the minimum x3 / x4 a season or even more games.

    Lower league structure - farce teams like Bonnyrigg arenít promoted / helped to improve structure - remember the 10,000 seater rule they had !

    This country will never change till the start again with the national governing body. Disband the SFA as no one trusts it.
    Agree with everything you say but if Celtic and Rangers don't want it to change it wont.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And none of us would ever see hide or tail of European football ever again.

    The end.
    A couple of European ties every decade or so is what we get just now on average - if you take away the old Intertoto cup.

  4. #33
    Coaching Staff HoboHarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,549
    Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Scottish Football is a mess.

    If you canít see it you are delusional.

    SFA - not fit for purpose - disband it and start a fresh. Leadership non existent / refs awful / national stadium farce.

    Old Firm - league dominance / sectarian elements - needs sorted and a league with only 2 teams winning it will over time loose interest from other fans.

    Scottish mens National Team - no Manager - average players - not qualified for a tournament since 1998 and wonít anytime soon.

    Funds - lack of funds - awful TV deals. Womenís league in England getting more than Scottish League.

    League structure - 12 teams and split is a farce. Larger league and play each other home and away only. Scrap the minimum x3 / x4 a season or even more games.

    Lower league structure - farce teams like Bonnyrigg arenít promoted / helped to improve structure - remember the 10,000 seater rule they had !

    This country will never change till the start again with the national governing body. Disband the SFA as no one trusts it.
    Been saying that for ages, too many vested interests and none of them can put those above the national interest.

  5. #34
    Coaching Staff Haymaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Chatham, NJ, USA
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,459
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bournemouth seem to be doing reasonably well for a team with a 12,000 stadium.
    The billionaire owner subsidising them helps.

  6. #35
    Testimonial Due we are hibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    3,717
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stopping them unless its the huns. Then it would be a minor achievement bad not an earth shattering one.
    Stuck between a rock and a hard place. No one wants Celtic to win 10 in a row yet the only team who can realistically stop them is rangers who I dread of winning the league due to the fact their fans are **** and would rattle on about "55" forever and ever. Both set of fans are unbearable and both outcomes are unbearable.

  7. #36
    Testimonial Due Paisley Hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The Shaky Toon
    Age
    60
    Posts
    1,491
    Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What would be the bigger achievement;

    Celtic winning 10 titles in a row, or someone stopping them winning 10 titles in a row?
    You do know this is Hibs Net?

  8. #37
    Solipsist Eyrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    PDSBRE
    Posts
    7,641
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agree with everything you say but if Celtic and Rangers don't want it to change it wont.
    Which is ridiculous if you think about it.

    If the other clubs decided to change things to make it a more level playing field, then the Ugly Sisters could do SFA about it. But instead everyone runs scared of a pair of bigot bullies.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

  9. #38
    @hibs.net private member bernz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    33
    Posts
    14,074
    Quote Originally Posted by Paisley Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You do know this is Hibs Net?
    Yes

  10. #39
    Testimonial Due weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The wee *****y of course
    Posts
    3,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agree with everything you say but if Celtic and Rangers don't want it to change it wont.
    And therein lies the problem. It's all about two clubs and they think things are fine. The only change they would go for is for the two of them moving to the English league

  11. #40
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    9,605
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stuck between a rock and a hard place. No one wants Celtic to win 10 in a row yet the only team who can realistically stop them is rangers who I dread of winning the league due to the fact their fans are **** and would rattle on about "55" forever and ever. Both set of fans are unbearable and both outcomes are unbearable.
    10 in a row would be bearable, as the negative impact this would have on the huns would be the silveriest of silver linings.

    55 would be un "bear" able, and hopefully they die again before that becomes possible.

  12. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Scottish Football is a mess.

    If you canít see it you are delusional.

    SFA - not fit for purpose - disband it and start a fresh. Leadership non existent / refs awful / national stadium farce.

    Old Firm - league dominance / sectarian elements - needs sorted and a league with only 2 teams winning it will over time loose interest from other fans.

    Scottish mens National Team - no Manager - average players - not qualified for a tournament since 1998 and wonít anytime soon.

    Funds - lack of funds - awful TV deals. Womenís league in England getting more than Scottish League.

    League structure - 12 teams and split is a farce. Larger league and play each other home and away only. Scrap the minimum x3 / x4 a season or even more games.

    Lower league structure - farce teams like Bonnyrigg arenít promoted / helped to improve structure - remember the 10,000 seater rule they had !

    This country will never change till the start again with the national governing body. Disband the SFA as no one trusts it.
    Nicely summarised..and pretty depressing. I just hope that Ernie Walkers Think Tank have a few good ideas 🙄

  13. #42
    @hibs.net private member 90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    4,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    European football and British league's are both of little or no interest to me.
    When we played in Europe in the 70's and 80's we genuinely thought we had a chance of taking a couple of big scalps. Realistically we have very little chance now of ever making the group stages and if we did it would probably result in six losses and a really poor domestic league campaign.

    As you point out regular travel to England and Wales would be just too much and many League two teams would have similar budgets to ours and it is possible we could drop down the leagues.

    If an EPL game is on tv and St Mirren v Hamilton is on i tend to watch the Scottish game, quite happy where we are.
    Iím completely the same mate.

  14. #43
    @hibs.net private member bernz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    33
    Posts
    14,074
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And therein lies the problem. It's all about two clubs and they think things are fine. The only change they would go for is for the two of them moving to the English league
    I suppose it depends. If celtic continue to dominate, rangers might actually start looking at options that would make the league more competitive, giving them better chance of winning the league.

  15. #44
    @hibs.net private member Diclonius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Larbert
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,648
    Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I suppose it depends. If celtic continue to dominate, rangers might actually start looking at options that would make the league more competitive, giving them better chance of winning the league.
    Like an 18 team league? There's no way TV companies would allow that to happen.

  16. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agree with everything you say but if Celtic and Rangers don't want it to change it wont.
    I said on another post recently.

    All clubs should break away and start own league.

    Old Firm would be screwed - no where to play.

    If they wanted to play in Scotland they need to share TV revenue and agree to new conduct about sectarian singing for starters. Also only play each other twice a season. Not 4 due to TV deal.

    The old firm need us more than they realise as England wonít take or need them.

  17. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Like an 18 team league? There's no way TV companies would allow that to happen.
    Thatís an issue too.

    I know TV gives the money but the governing body needs to grow a backbone and figure out whatís best for everyone.

  18. #47
    @hibs.net private member bernz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    33
    Posts
    14,074
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Like an 18 team league? There's no way TV companies would allow that to happen.
    Even if the product had gone stale due to Celtic winning everything? TV companies would benefit from spicing things up and aiding a challenge.

  19. #48
    @hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    27
    Posts
    9,347
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Like an 18 team league? There's no way TV companies would allow that to happen.
    Is it just the TV companies though?

    Celtic/rangers won't want to reduce their derbies. Hibs and hearts also.
    The rest of the teams would be swapping the money from their second visits (as well as Hibs and hearts) for minimal number of fans/money they'll get if there's 6 more teams bringing 100/200 fans.
    Mon the Hibs.

  20. #49
    Coaching Staff Jones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Airth
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,185
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it just the TV companies though?

    Celtic/rangers won't want to reduce their derbies. Hibs and hearts also.
    The rest of the teams would be swapping the money from their second visits (as well as Hibs and hearts) for minimal number of fans/money they'll get if there's 6 more teams bringing 100/200 fans.
    I would rather take money off an extra 10 thousand plus old firm and Hearts fans than see a dribbling of Morton fans for example.

  21. #50
    Coaching Staff hfc rd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,894
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: RD4138MU
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope that was intended as a joke.

    Nope, I was being 100% serious.

    Each season Celtic have won those 8 league titles pretty comfortably. Itís not like the title race has gone right down to the wire (like this season in the EPL) and someone other than Celtic could win it. They are the heavy favourites at the start of each season to win it and their resources & finances are far superior to anyone in Scotland to even compete with them over a course of a season.

    Thatís why someone stoping them winning 10 in a row would be a bigger achievement than them winning 10 titles in a row when it practically has their name on the trophy before a ball is even kicked.
    Last edited by hfc rd; 15-05-2019 at 09:34 PM.

  22. #51
    Testimonial Due SquashedFrogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    43
    Posts
    2,878
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nope, I was being 100% serious.

    Each season Celtic have won those 8 league titles pretty comfortably. Itís not like the title race has gone right down to the wire (like this season in the EPL) and someone other than Celtic could win it. They are the heavy favourites at the start of each season to win it and their resources & finances are far superior to anyone in Scotland to even compete with them over a course of a season.

    Thatís why someone stoping them winning 10 in a row would be a bigger achievement than them winning 10 titles in a row when it practically has their name on the trophy before a ball is even kicked.
    So a team wining 1 in a row would be a bigger achievement than a team winning 10 in a row?

  23. #52
    Solipsist Eyrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    PDSBRE
    Posts
    7,641
    Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Even if the product had gone stale due to Celtic winning everything? TV companies would benefit from spicing things up and aiding a challenge.
    I don't think the TV companies would consider Hibs vs Partick a suitable replacement for two Edinburgh derbies, and they'd be even less happy at the viewing figures for Celtc vs Ayr or Sevco vs Morton compared to two Ugly Sisters games.

    An 18 team league would see a massive drop in TV money, with what little was paid spread even more thinly because there are more teams. And with less money we'd end up competing for players with non-league teams in England.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

  24. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So a team wining 1 in a row would be a bigger achievement than a team winning 10 in a row?
    I'd say probably yes when you look at it...

    No team other than Celtic or Rangers have won the league since the 80's, so its the norm. They share 104 titles out of about what? 140ish?


    Leicester winning one PL is a bigger achievement than Man City winning 2 on the bounce.

  25. #54
    Coaching Staff jacomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    exile
    Posts
    14,558
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it just the TV companies though?

    Celtic/rangers won't want to reduce their derbies. Hibs and hearts also.
    The rest of the teams would be swapping the money from their second visits (as well as Hibs and hearts) for minimal number of fans/money they'll get if there's 6 more teams bringing 100/200 fans.

    Yes, but you balance that against a potentially more exciting league that attracts more interest. Only playing each team twice should make it possible for a more competitive division. Itís not a straightforward calculation.

  26. #55
    Coaching Staff hfc rd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,894
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: RD4138MU
    Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So a team wining 1 in a row would be a bigger achievement than a team winning 10 in a row?

    Yes it would.

    When you consider how strong Celtic are over everyone else in the league both on and off the pitch, it would be a big achievement if a team stopped them winning 10 in a row. As I said, when was the last time Celtic looked like they werenít going to win the league? Probably Rangers pre-liquidation. Then again, those two had dominated the league since the end of the 80ís.

  27. #56
    Testimonial Due Just Jimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Fife
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,095
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, but you balance that against a potentially more exciting league that attracts more interest. Only playing each team twice should make it possible for a more competitive division. Itís not a straightforward calculation.
    maybe eventually.

    until that point how much money would be lost? it would take years if not decades to shift attitudes about our league being crap or a pub league.

    in addition why would teams other than Celtic start winning the title?

    I'm for it mainly because we have to try something. I'm just not sold it'll be as much of a utopia as every one makes out.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

  28. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So a team wining 1 in a row would be a bigger achievement than a team winning 10 in a row?
    Definitely, as I said earlier 4 of their 8 didnt even have The Rangers in the league. They are so far ahead of everyone that they and everyone else expects them to win. So no big achievement. Another team stopping them would be.

  29. #58
    @hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    27
    Posts
    9,347
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, but you balance that against a potentially more exciting league that attracts more interest. Only playing each team twice should make it possible for a more competitive division. Itís not a straightforward calculation.
    I just don't think it would lead to more excitement or interest. There would be reduced crowds, reduced investment,a lower quality of player/football, and still have Rangers and Celtic running away with the leagues, IMO.
    Mon the Hibs.

  30. #59
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    289
    Maybe some one with bit more time on their hands can do a premier league table, removin results against the old firm.. we can crown the top of the 10 unofficial champions...

  31. #60
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    289
    Quote Originally Posted by JXM73 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe some one with bit more time on their hands can do a premier league table, removin results against the old firm.. we can crown the top of the 10 unofficial champions...
    **** that, aberdeen are champions but we drop to 5th with a game in hand...

    Aberdeen
    Killie
    St johnstone
    Hearts
    Hibs
    Motherwell
    Livi
    Accies
    St mirren
    Dundee

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved