hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lennon

His tactics away to Hearts last May were woeful. So was his behaviour after it. Completely lost the plot and never fully recovered. Like i said earlier though he's Celtics problem now.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I remember when Lennon was 1st rumoured as being interested in the Hibs job there was more than a few people suggesting we were embarrassing ourselves by even considering it possible. They regarded it as almost impossible that Lennon would sully himself by managing Hibs. The reality was his stock was low after a mitigated disaster at Bolton and he needed us every bit as much as we needed him.

Say what you like about the Championship season, it was a grim watch at times, but he got the job done. He then had a steady start in the top flight before an explosive 2nd half of the season saw us finish a brilliant 4th. If there is one criticism of that period it's his decision making in 2 semi finals that ended in disappointment. This season was always going to be tough but the manner of our collapse in the weeks leading up to Lennons departure was unexpected and pointed to a total breakdown in relationships at the club.

All in all Lennon was good for Hibs, we were good for him and I certainly don't hate him. However I never believed he was irreplaceable, he's not a great manager by any stretch of the imagination.
    Maybe the fact that he showed an interest in the Hibs job threw the Hibs board off the route they wanted to take.If they had gone for the young ambitious manager they probably had in mind at the time we maybe further down the road that the board wanted to be on.!!!
    Last edited by Tarrahib; 12-05-2019 at 05:19 PM. Reason: mistake

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by JJP View Post
    We had some great times during Lennons tenure as Hibs manager. Not sure where all the hate comes from.
    Giant chips on shoulders for some weird reason for some.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbo27 View Post
    Who else would take him?

He should go on the after dinner circuit. Never a football manager
    Killie might offer him a job, once Clarke goes the other way!

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Giant chips on shoulders for some weird reason for some.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrahib View Post
    Behave.
    Was it not? The idea NL was the best manager we could ever dream of having bearing in mind we were on a relegation-esque run of form was baffling to say the least.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Was it not? The idea NL was the best manager we could ever dream of having bearing in mind we were on a relegation-esque run of form was baffling to say the least.
    Totally. He was a decent manger, not fantastic and not terrible. In reality he had half a season of real quality at the end of last year.

Apart from the that he wasn't great and the run of the form when he left was brutal.

We'll seen now how good a manager he is but I'd put money on on him being a pundit in 5 years rather than a manager.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    Totally. He was a decent manger, not fantastic and not terrible. In reality he had half a season of real quality at the end of last year.

Apart from the that he wasn't great and the run of the form when he left was brutal.

We'll seen now how good a manager he is but I'd put money on on him being a pundit in 5 years rather than a manager.
    Yup. I’m in no way saying he was a bad manager. It was just incredibly over the top to suggest that he was the best we could ever get.

I'm not sure. The truth is I never really ever got comfortable with the fact he was Hibs manager. I disliked him as a player and I never really ever warmed to him as a manager. That probably says more about me, but I found his Celtic connections too much. he never hid it and even when he was here hed talk them up when ever he could.

I looked past most of that when he had us winning games but the truth is there seems to be two camps of hibs fans and Lennon. 1. he's the best ever and nothing can be said to criticise or 2. he's bang average and were lucky he's gone.

I sit in the middle. it worked for a bit. it had it's ups and downs and it ended at the right time.

let's move on.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jimmy View Post
    I'm not sure. The truth is I never really ever got comfortable with the fact he was Hibs manager. I disliked him as a player and I never really ever warmed to him as a manager. That probably says more about me, but I found his Celtic connections too much. he never hid it and even when he was here hed talk them up when ever he could.

I looked past most of that when he had us winning games but the truth is there seems to be two camps of hibs fans and Lennon. 1. he's the best ever and nothing can be said to criticise or 2. he's bang average and were lucky he's gone.

I sit in the middle. it worked for a bit. it had it's ups and downs and it ended at the right time.

let's move on.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    I think the people in you third group you've just described are the majority of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarrahib View Post
    Maybe the fact that he showed an interest in the Hibs job threw the Hibs board off the route they wanted to take.If they had gone for the young ambitious manager they probably had in mind at the time we maybe further down the road that the board wanted to be on.!!!
    This.

Lennon was nowhere near our radar, a young up and coming coach is our way and I'm led to believe he approached us for the job, he was high profile which obviously Leeann thought would be good for the club. Unfortunately Lennon can be a bit unstable and it all came to a head that fateful day at training.

Celtic fans are desperate for him not to get the job. Rangers fans are praying he gets it. Says it all.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    He was good for the club at the time. He got us back up. He passed his sell by date for the club and both parties moved on amicably.

Simple enough no?

Lennon is finished. Time to move on

First Team Breakthrough
    When the **** and I use that word based on the following when he got the Celtic job again he said he was looking forward to working with good/professional players agsin. What a ****ing insulting ******** 🐵. An ******** who was peer pressured into repeating that airplane **** in the 3 sisters. **** off

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by supermcginn View Post
    Celtic fans are desperate for him not to get the job. Rangers fans are praying he gets it. Says it all.
    Took Celtic 80 mins today to have a shot on target. Pathetic. The boy Johnstone looked like a fish out of water. Still think Lenny engineered a move outa Hibs. Perhaps Celtic might be better of wi Lenny from River City.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    I will be astonished if he gets the Celtic job permanently. They need another appointment of the cailbre of Rodgers.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Marmite.

Lennon had a good 4 months as Hibs manager largely because of Flo, Allan and Jamie Mac. The rest was bang average at best.

Quote Originally Posted by derekduval View Post
    When the **** and I use that word based on the following when he got the Celtic job again he said he was looking forward to working with good/professional players agsin. What a ****ing insulting ******** 🐵. An ******** who was peer pressured into repeating that airplane **** in the 3 sisters. **** off
    Think that’s a bit unfair. I loved his aeroplane.

Left by mutual consent!
    He’s a twat

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Disappointed to hear that he told his staff not to celebrate a HIBS goal versus Celtic whilst HIBS Manager if true

Any respect I had left for the man just flew oot the windae

Wonder if lenny being in line with Scotland job

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by derekduval View Post

I hadn't heard that quote until now. He's just dropped quite heavily in my estimation.
    Bit of a bitchy thing to say about guys who you worked closely with a short time ago.

I wish him every success in the Cup final, but mediocrity thereafter.

Lennon's got previous for making good players look like SH!£.

He's managed to turn what was a decent celtic side into bang average.

Right now hertz might get the benefit. God help us!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post
    I hadn't heard that quote until now. He's just dropped quite heavily in my estimation.
    Bit of a bitchy thing to say about guys who you worked closely with a short time ago.

I wish him every success in the Cup final, but mediocrity thereafter.
    The reason you haven't heard that quote is because Lennon never said it. It's just unsubstantiated mud slinging for reasons it's hard to fathom.

Lennon did a great job at Hibs until the last couple of months and I enjoyed having him as our manager. Celtic never showed up today because the title is won and their focus is now the cup final so losing a meaningless derby will have no bearing on whether he gets the job.

Good luck in the final Lenny.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Disappointed to hear that he told his staff not to celebrate a HIBS goal versus Celtic whilst HIBS Manager if true

Any respect I had left for the man just flew oot the windae
    That will be an out and out lie.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    No it’s not, he told Parker to sit down when SJM scored his second at Parkhead.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Think that’s a bit unfair. I loved his aeroplane.
    He wasn’t celebrating a Hibs draw having been 3 up, he was getting it up the huns for not finishing Celtic. Boy couldn’t care less about our club.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    What lies beneath?