hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In 50 years time there will still be Lennon haters throwing their emotional issues with him into the virtual void on Facebook 5.0, Twitter 2070 and interplanetary Hibs.net.

I wonder if they'll pass it on genetically to their children?
    And they'll be far more justified than some of his tragic backers.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    I'm not a betting man in any way, but if Celtic appoint Lennon then I'm going to put money on Sevco to win the league....
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I think Celtic will flex their financial muscle this summer. They have to.
    I agree that a ‘spending’ Celtic will probably win the league next year. If they don’t splash out, Sevco will win at a canter. Celtic can’t afford to keep Lennon.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    There you go!

Does not mention practising penalties

https://youtu.be/CwOZCG-ZgQM
    Thanks anyway Billy, I was certain I heard an interview on radio scotland asking if we'd practices pens to which he said no, that's why it stuck in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I agree that a ‘spending’ Celtic will probably win the league next year. If they don’t splash out, Sevco will win at a canter. Celtic can’t afford to keep Lennon.
    He isn't the right man to keep them pushing forward, he was a steady hand to get them over the line this season but they have evolved under Rodgers and Lennon isn't progressive enough to keep that going forward.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Rafa is the man for them....if they can convince him

Guys why don't we talk about Terry butcher or something.

Blog Entries
    I heard him on the news talking about the permanent job. He says he can’t think of any reason why he should not get it.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Celtic will struggle to get the big name manager they crave. When Deila left it looked as if Aberdeen May challenge for the title, so a manager like Rodgers could come in, make them unbeatable and look fantastic and he got his big move.

Why would a manager come and take them over at the peak of their trajectory? They will miss out on Mourinho, Benitez etc and be left with a choice of Bilic or Lennon. Neither would be a good choice and they’ll be back on a downward trajectory again.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I heard him on the news talking about the permanent job. He says he can’t think of any reason why he should not get it.
    I thought he came across well enough. He pointed out that of the 14 titles Celtic have won this century he's played a key role in 10 of them so reckons it's fair to say he knows what it takes.

But then I'm someone who thinks a guy who steered us to our highest ever league points tally did a good job at Hibs so what would I know?

Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    I thought he came across well enough. He pointed out that of the 14 titles Celtic have won this century he's played a key role in 10 of them so reckons it's fair to say he knows what it takes.

But then I'm someone who thinks a guy who steered us to our highest ever league points tally did a good job at Hibs so what would I know?
    Aye, but he lost a game against Ranjurs!!!!!!

There seems to be something quite bipolar about the way people respond to Neil Lennon. He's loved or hated, folk think he's brilliant or rubbish and it is ridiculous.

Exactly as you say, Lennon did a good job at Hibs overall. He had his highs and lows (as with every manager) but on balance I was happy with him and I still like him.

At Celtic he's done the most important thing - get them over the line in the league and he only needs to get a far superior squad up for a game against a pish Hearts team and he's got them another treble.

They need to spend this summer so their decision on who is manager is a big one. It's easy for Celtic fans to get seduced by big names but Lennon knows better than anyone what is required to win in Scotland and I think he'd be their best choice.

I get the impression from his time with us and his recent Celtic interviews that he feels he can't do any wrong. It's always the players fault.

Left by mutual consent!
    A big Celtic fan who delivers to me asked yesterday ‘Do you want Neil Lennon back ?’ I replied ‘No thanks’

Benitez clear favourite now, 8/11.