hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just donít get this sympathy for their injury issues. We suffered just as many injuries to key players as they did this season but the media love in with hearts seems to promote this myth only when it comes to them. Ably fed and supported by Levein constantly whining about it because it was never his fault. Iím certain that other clubs would have similar crucial player injury lists but have not played on the fact the way hearts have.
    Whooooshh.....

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    They are a totally different team with that snidey wee rat Naismith in it.
    I completely agree. As much as he's a snidey wee rat, he's very good at what he does. Levein brought in about 11 players last summer alone but I think they've bet the ranch on him and filled the team with journeymen and over the hill defenders so I wouldn't have too much sympathy for any unlucky with injuries claim. They've gambled and it didn't pay off.

Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    I just donít get this sympathy for their injury issues. We suffered just as many injuries to key players as they did this season but the media love in with hearts seems to promote this myth only when it comes to them. Ably fed and supported by Levein constantly whining about it because it was never his fault. Iím certain that other clubs would have similar crucial player injury lists but have not played on the fact the way hearts have.
    This!!

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by allezsauzee View Post
    I completely agree. As much as he's a snidey wee rat, he's very good at what he does. Levein brought in about 11 players last summer alone but I think they've bet the ranch on him and filled the team with journeymen and over the hill defenders so I wouldn't have too much sympathy for any unlucky with injuries claim. They've gambled and it didn't pay off.
    I suspect this was the case. Will be interesting to see their next accounts and if we can deduce how much they might have spent on Naismith. They received at least £3.25m anonymously this season and I'd be surprised if a lot of this wasn't gifted on the condition that it was spent on the team. The previous year £1m was gifted on the condition that it was spent on the team. I'm guessing £2m would have been tagged with this same condition and most of it spent on Naismith. Mere speculation on my part.