hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by surreyhibbie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Superb. Watched the end of ET and then penalties. Brilliant.

Well done Ladies 👍
    Is that the end bit of the film where the alien finds his ship after hitching a ride on a flying bike?

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough scotia44's Avatar
    Superb. Watched the end of ET and then penalties. Brilliant.

Well done Ladies 👍
    Bit of a random film for a Friday night when there's fitba a on, you never seen it before?🤔

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    SOL
    Started bubbling again. I just can't listen to SOL without having a tear in my eye.

What a special club we are. Well done ladies

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Hibees! Hibees! Hibees!

did not know it was on Alba. was watching that programme earlier tae. Spewin. but well done Hibernian Ladies. superb

@hibs.net private member surreyhibbie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wee Effen Bee View Post
    Is that the end bit of the film where the alien finds his ship after hitching a ride on a flying bike?
    😀 Extra Time and you know it ya bam!
    Alcohol IS the answer, but I forget the question...

@hibs.net private member surreyhibbie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scotia44 View Post
    Bit of a random film for a Friday night when there's fitba a on, you never seen it before?🤔
    🤔
    Alcohol IS the answer, but I forget the question...

ET is a Hibs fan.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dchibs View Post
    et is a hibs fan.
    fact

United we stand here....

Smile Joint Promotions/Activities.

Our Ladies are superb,what a record of success,onwards and upwards. !

Somehow we need to capture this spirit and we Hibs supporters need to do more to encourage our Ladies,their success is our success.

The more we support a successful Ladies team the more we will encourage female support for both aspects of the Hibees family.

Perhaps our commercial team /board could look at more joint promotions got to be so much potential.

After all if its good enough for Martin Boyle...........................................

The Quadruple double is on this year now!

Quote Originally Posted by hhibs View Post
    Our Ladies are superb,what a record of success,onwards and upwards. !

Somehow we need to capture this spirit and we Hibs supporters need to do more to encourage our Ladies,their success is our success.

The more we support a successful Ladies team the more we will encourage female support for both aspects of the Hibees family.

Perhaps our commercial team /board could look at more joint promotions got to be so much potential.

After all if its good enough for Martin Boyle...........................................
    Id quite like to see the Ladies given a permanent home pitch at East Mains. their own dedicated home. maybe aim for the look of a junior ground. maybe cost a wee bit mind.

Am I right in saying we still have a fair bit of land up their we own, that we haven't built on yet?

Quote Originally Posted by 1875STEVE View Post
    Id quite like to see the Ladies given a permanent home pitch at East Mains. their own dedicated home. maybe aim for the look of a junior ground. maybe cost a wee bit mind.

Am I right in saying we still have a fair bit of land up their we own, that we haven't built on yet?
    The problem with that is East Mains doesn’t have that sort of facility. I’m up there every other week and it’s a fantastic training ground, but that’s all it is. Like you I’d love them to build something that the development team and the ladies could play at. There’s a lovely Astro pitch out there and if we’re talking about building an indoor pitch to comply with project brave I’d be looking at covering that and making it something that would rival the Oriam. The benefits would be huge to us in allowing our first team to train there in the winter and the ability to rent it out the rest of the time. The obvious problem is it would cost a few quid that might be invested in the first team. For me though it would be a money maker and we wouldn’t have to pay others for our development team to play.

United we stand here....

Our ladies team have now won 2 more major honours than Hearts men, and could tie with Aberdeen men this season, despite being formed only 20 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    fact
    For anyone who didn’t know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqeXndn0qyQ

The problem with that is East Mains doesn’t have that sort of facility. I’m up there every other week and it’s a fantastic training ground, but that’s all it is. Like you I’d love them to build something that the development team and the ladies could play at. There’s a lovely Astro pitch out there and if we’re talking about building an indoor pitch to comply with project brave I’d be looking at covering that and making it something that would rival the Oriam. The benefits would be huge to us in allowing our first team to train there in the winter and the ability to rent it out the rest of the time. The obvious problem is it would cost a few quid that might be invested in the first team. For me though it would be a money maker and we wouldn’t have to pay others for our development team to play.
    The plan is for the community sides to use the new Project Brave covered pitch once that’s completed. But no timescale on that yet. I’m also up there most weeks following the 15s.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Well done the ladies

Abfab

😀 Extra Time and you know it ya bam!
    😁

Magic! 👏

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    The plan is for the community sides to use the new Project Brave covered pitch once that’s completed. But no timescale on that yet. I’m also up there most weeks following the 15s.
    Why do the Ladies play under the Community Banner and not the main club?

Are they going to build a full sized covered pitch? I was hearing a while back that it wasn’t going to be a full sized pitch.

United we stand here....

Watched the rugby live and recorded the football last night, so it was midnight for me by the time the penalties started. Well worth it though.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    Why do the Ladies play under the Community Banner and not the main club?
    Thats a qn only Leeann can answer and she doesnt liked getting asked.

Are they going to build a full sized covered pitch? I was hearing a while back that it wasn’t going to be a full sized pitch.
    Its a Brave requirement. If they arent building on they will have to use someone elses.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thats a qn only Leeann can answer and she doesnt liked getting asked.
    Thanks,

You seem reasonably well informed of goings on with the ladies team and wondered if there was a reason.

I suspect that after the chasing she got re HSL's loyalty points for contributions that anything that isn't absolutely core to the men's team gets held at arms length or further to save any potential blowback from disgruntled fans.

Such a shame as the Ladies Team have brought nothing but credit to the club and should be fully part of the family.

Folk shouldn't underestimate how big a deal last nights win was after many of their better, most experienced players have moved on in the last year.

The players they have lost were akin to us losing the golden generation and we all know how that worked out.

Huge credit to the coach and the remaining experienced players like Joelle, Jenna Fife & the no 4 Hunter.

Great to see so many younger women breaking through and making their mark.

Going to be a very big ask to keep competing at the level they have for many years especially with Celtic flinging so much cash at their team.

Only saving grace may be that they may strip City of some of their quality going forward, but the football supporter in me sick of Rantic's monopoly on the men's game wouldn't want that either.

Huge congratulations to the Ladies Team on their achievement.

Do the Community Foundation pay for all the training costs / facility hire then?

Do they get grants to do this or does the money come from elsewhere?

Hibs do need to up their game if they are to stay ahead of the pack. Hearts are investing but quite a chunk of that money will be towards a full time staff member. I think Hearts will bring all girls academy teams in house at Oriam.

It's a shame Hibs main social media can't do more to help promote women's team - nothing on Instagram today / last night for example.

LD should clarify what the future of the women's team is - if Hibs aren't careful Hearts could easily over take us when it comes to getting players / support.

Well done the lassies …. would have been a travesty given we scored a perfectly good goal during the 90 minutes … what a fud the ref was.

The list of recognisable names the commentator went through that the ladies team has lost over the last year makes their achievement last night all the more remarkable, but it clearly shows that the team is a pathway to becoming a full time professional player.

I am surprised to hear the team isn't actually part of the club by now but plays under the community foundation banner. High time that was changed, especially considering the huge credit they have been to the Hibernian name for years.

First Team Breakthrough Yuillsy's Avatar
    Correct. My wee girl plays for the under 11s and they are completely funded by the community foundation and the subs we pay each month. They are affiliated to hibs and help to promote the ladies game, but they definitely don’t pay them.
    My daughter plays for the under 11's as well!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    Lovely to see Scott Booths spewing face

Absolutely. Used to slaughter us when he was a co-commentator on Setanta back in the day.
    aye who’s greeting now Booth ya wee jobby