hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    This one's a cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Avenger
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Saltire is now very obviously associated with independence, whether we like it or not. Even the taigs are waving it. Hijacked by them, like theyve hijacked everything else in this *****hole. It is a useful ruse to keep up the pretence in their ultimate goal of a republic

IF ever an indy, I would also hazard to guess that the Saltire disappears altogether with some feeble excuse for a new national flag to reflect the current populus and the new future and would hazard to guess, it will end up with green in it appease their taig electorate.

I would pose the question to Sturgeon if she has yet thought about it, but I'd bet she'd deny it, but that it wouldn't be off the table, but the reality is, here's one I made up earlier. I give you a tricolour of green, yellow and blue. Green for the taig republc, yellow for the papa and blue as a piece of tokenism for the rest of us.

Then what happens to the flag of the Union, in a change of Scotland's flag or not?

All speculation of course, but the way the omnishambles is playing out at Westminster, anything is possible and a second indy vote in the not too distant future. IF the yessers win, it would be a more painful divorce than Brexit.
    Perhaps we should get this guy to promote independence to those Hibby's who still cling on to the union. The idea of a green national flag may just be the wee nudge that they need.
    Last edited by Fife-Hibee; 07-05-2019 at 03:14 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Curried View Post
    It must be a horrible existence to be a normal thinking human but to have inherited Rangerism from your parents.

Of the Sevconians I know I'd say they're split 50/50 re independence.

Generally speaking, those who live in or near Glasgow, or those who actually set foot in Ibrox favour independence (although not all, obviously).

Hick town Huns (the type I grew up with) who get their Rangers fix from the Internet are more likely to be "staunch".

Bizarrely enough, I probably know a higher proportion of Unionist hibbies than I know Unionist Huns.

I used to go to Scotland games with a few Rangers fans. Great lads, and wouldn't be any more likely to get involved in any of their nonsense than I would IRA stuff.
    Last edited by Smartie; 07-05-2019 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Of the Sevconians I know I'd say they're split 50/50 re independence.

Generally speaking, those who live in or near Glasgow, or those who actually set foot in Ibrox favour independence (although not all, obviously).

Like the guys above the Hibs Support at the weekend with the giant Union Jack with the wording...

"Scotland is British
    No Surrender"

Definitely Independence Supporters

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Like the guys above the Hibs Support at the weekend with the giant Union Jack with the wording...

"Scotland is British
    No Surrender"

Definitely Independence Supporters

I don't think the Sevconians I know are representative of their support as a whole.