hibs.net Messageboard

Hybrid View

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar

2019 Snooker World Championship

Anyone been watching this? I’m down in Sheffield at the moment, was at last night semi and at tonights semi. Hoping to see Higgins get into gear on the way to tile number 5.

If Hazel Irvine does her introduction to the evening session where she normally does it I should be in the two seats directly behind her in my 15 minutes of fame. Will see if I can smuggle my Hibs.net flag in with me.

Saying that, this is the worst session I’ve ever seen from John. He looks utterly lost. Might have to watch tonight’s session through my fingers 🙁

That was a crazy frame right there.

The highest break of the tournament from Higgins, a great reply from Gilbert and then probably the scrappiest frame of the entire match.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That was a crazy frame right there.

The highest break of the tournament from Higgins, a great reply from Gilbert and then probably the scrappiest frame of the entire match.
    The first session tonight was tough to watch, Higgins looked like he’d never played snooker before. Second session was far more enjoyable and a 143 thrown in for good measure. That last frame was key, 14-10 and think it was done. To be only 2 frames ahead when Higgins is starting to go through the gears after playing some of the worst snooker of his career. Think Gilbert has blown his chance and we’ll see John doing what he does and get over the line.

Looks ominous for Gilbert now. Higgins gave him a few chances in that mini session and he never took them. First to 3 now and I just can't see past Higgins.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Gilbert somehow takes a mammoth 31st frame to lead 16-15 after Higgins almost came back from needing 3 snookers but couldn't quite do it.

Two frames remaining and Higgins needs them both. Gilbert certainly seemed edgy in that last frame even although he won it so I wouldn't dismiss Higgins just yet.

It's going to a decider, 16-16.

Great century break from Higgins to level things up.

Final frame decider. Wouldn’t like to be Gilbert in a final frame decider against Higgins.

C’mon John!

Higgins has done it!

What a final frame, 17-16 Higgins.

Well done to Gilbert, great effort.

That decider was an absolute classic.

I still say Higgins is the best of all time. Davis & Hendry won when the quality of snooker wasn’t as high as it is today. Ronnie is the most naturally talented but Higgins has the best all round game and the most bottle ever. If you had to choose someone to win a frame to save your life Higgins is the only choice.

Devastating form from Judd Trump tonight as he takes an overnight lead of 12-5 into tomorrow.

After the first session, Trump and Higgins were level at 4-4 and when Higgins went 5-4 up, after the first frame of the evening session, it looked like he might be taking the initiative but then Trump turned on the style to win 8 frames in a row and now needs just 6 more frames out of tomorrow's 18 frames to win his first World title.

The quality in the final has been ridiculous. I really hope Higgins can string a few frames together quickly tonight to keep the match going as long as possible.

Disappointed but Trump was sensational. Not a lot Higgins could have done differently.

Wasn’t a fan of Trump when he was younger but as he’s matured he can be as good as Ronnie to watch.

Trump would have beaten anyone on that form, he was brilliant. That second session was the one that killed off Higgins though. It was always going to be hard to recover from losing a session 8-1.