hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiger Woods

Tiger Woods

Sad to see him playing so poorly. I don't think much of him as a person, but as a golfer he was one of the best!

Question - do you ever see him regaining his status as the one to beat? I really don't think so. His swing now has too many 'issues' and his chipping is very poor. Worse than Hunter Mahan's.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/golf/31069005

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    Agreed it is horrible to see. He was an absolute legend and mine and no doubts thousands of others hero as a golfer.

@hibs.net private member
    Must admit was never really a Tiger fan much as I admired his golf. Was too emotionless in the way he handled himself publicly but he did take golf to a new level.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    I'm quite convinced I could give him a game at the minute and I haven't played in over a year

It is sad to see - he was a joy to watch at his height and although I always hope he'll get back there, increasingly, I doubt he will.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

I suppose it's karma for being such a dick away from the course. "Mojo" well and truly gone.

Jack Nicklaus was one of my favourites and if I'm honest I'm glad his record will remain intact. I doubt anyone else will get as near as Tiger to breaking it.

He is a terrible role model spitting and cussing his way round the course.

Im glad his fall from grace is as fast and rapid as it has been. Long may it continue.

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I suppose it's karma for being such a dick away from the course. "Mojo" well and truly gone.

Jack Nicklaus was one of my favourites and if I'm honest I'm glad his record will remain intact. I doubt anyone else will get as near as Tiger to breaking it.
    I honestly think Mcilroy has a chance he's 25 and has 4 majors to his name already. Woods is 39 with 14 to his name. The way Rory has been playing if he can stay injury free no one can get close to him.

@hibs.net private member
    He needs to get pumping birds again - he's been pish since he tucked it away.

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Half Pint View Post
    He is a terrible role model spitting and cussing his way round the course.

Im glad his fall from grace is as fast and rapid as it has been. Long may it continue.
    Agree HP. His treatment of fans, especially youngsters is pathetic. A significant minority of spectators at Hoylake last year refused to applaud him as he approached greens and tees, I was pleased to see I wasn't in a tiny minority!

He will be remembered as one of the greatest players of the game - but that is all

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post

Couldn't agree more, the Golden Bear's record is second to none.

Outwith the Majors, then Byron Nelson enjoyed a record-breaking year in 1945 winning 18 of the 35 PGA tournaments including 11 in a row and that's another record which will stand the test of time.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Injured again Woods is finished as a competitor. He has a choice to make whether to retire altogether or become an honourary starter at events.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Injured again Woods is finished as a competitor. He has a choice to make whether to retire altogether or become an honourary starter at events.
    Heard Butch Harman saying a few words about him and his swing, although he did say that he hadn't spoken to him. What happened between these 2

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Heard Butch Harman saying a few words about him and his swing, although he did say that he hadn't spoken to him. What happened between these 2
    Split in 2002 or 03 after Tigers knee surgery claiming Harman was using smoke and mirrors to mask the difficulties Tiger was picking up in his swing as his body started to injure more frequently.

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    His flat out aggressive swing was never going to stand up to the march of time,though thought he would last longer than he has. But it's also his technique in parts if his game that seems to gave gone as well which is really surprising.

He is planning his return at the US Masters. Will he regain some pride? Or will it be another embarrassing performance?

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    He is planning his return at the US Masters. Will he regain some pride? Or will it be another embarrassing performance?
    According to one of the analysts on Sky the other night his short game, his real problem right now, wasn't looking that much better during his Augusta practice rounds. Paddy Power have him at 5/6 to miss the cut.

Mark Roe will be creaming himself at the very thought of Tiger's comeback. If he plays well then fair enough, but what I can't stand is the over the top media coverage even when he's not in contention.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    It doesn't mean much, granted, but Sky had some footage of him on the practice putting green today from about 2 feet out and he was missing repeatedly with a pretty stubby looking putting stroke.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he DID miss the cut.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Well he certainly looks back in the groove regards short game. Pitching em stiff and rolling them in from 15ft and under. Still a question mark with the big furniture but there always was. If he doesn't try and kill it and swing within himself he looks to be there or there abouts.

It would be good if Tiger came out smiling this time around.

Plenty of people want him to do well and there are worse ways of earning a crust than belting a wee ball up the fairway.

Worst ever professional round! Sad to see! I doubt if he will ever get close to where he was.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/golf/33036057

He's finished as a competitor.

I still think that Tiger will go on to win another tournament (maybe more) but his best days are definitely behind him.

I'd be very surprised if he went to surpass the Golden Bear's magnificent record of 18 Major victories. He needs another 5 Majors to achieve this and with the advent of golfers like McIlroy & Speith then I'd say its beyond him.

He will not surpass Nicklaus. No one will.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    and neither they should!

I see he finished last, 29 strokes behind the leaders and 8 strokes behind the second last player in the field who got past the cut.

I suppose the question is what does he do next. Take time off and practice hard, or hope he plays his way through it (as per Duval who never recovered) or play only in the top events for which he will be paid handsomely, but lose his ability to compete against the young ones!!

I see he finished last, 29 strokes behind the leaders and 8 strokes behind the second last player in the field who got past the cut.

I suppose the question is what does he do next. Take time off and practice hard, or hope he plays his way through it (as per Duval who never recovered) or play only in the top events for which he will be paid handsomely, but lose his ability to compete against the young ones!!
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/golf/33060375

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/golf/33060375
    Mark Roe will be delighted! The way the guy hero worships Woods makes me cringe.

I read that Tiger has now missed the cut at the last 3 majors, is now the World Ranked 278th player, his last top ten finish was in 2013, as was his last win. His decline over the last 18 months has been rapid. Will he ever regain his position as a top player.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    I read that Tiger has now missed the cut at the last 3 majors, is now the World Ranked 278th player, his last top ten finish was in 2013, as was his last win. His decline over the last 18 months has been rapid. Will he ever regain his position as a top player.
    Keep it short no

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk