hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: KP update

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've navigated through the crowds in St Clair Street for years without a single incident. It's easy enough to avoid people if you keep your speed down to under 5 mph.

If anyone is hitting pedestrians (personally never seen or heard of such an incident occurring but not saying that hasn't happened) then these people should be dealt with individually rather than everyone being held back for about half an hour unnecessarily.

As an aside, it would be helpful if the pedestrians who are still walking on the road when the majority of the crowds have cleared, would move onto the pavements. It's probably the best way to avoid an accident. I am not suggesting that this is possible when the large crowds are initially coming out but when there's individual groups of about 4 or 5 people still walking on the road 15-20 minutes after full time and the pavements are empty then it's a bit ridiculous.
    There are 2 points there: I have personally witnessed many an impatient driver who thinks the road is their’s immediately after full time with thousands walking down the road. They drive right up peoples *****, toot the horn and slam on brakes. Secondly, whether we like it or not, terrorism is an issue and although it’s not hit Scotland badly yet, we need to minimise the potential for this type of incident.

30 minutes before and 30 minutes after a game the roads immediately surrounding the stadium should be closed entirely. If it inconveniences some road users then tough. Paths are nowhere near wide enough for pod queues, turnstile queues and people walking around the stadium while adding traffic into the mix.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    There are 2 points there: I have personally witnessed many an impatient driver who thinks the road is their’s immediately after full time with thousands walking down the road. They drive right up peoples *****, toot the horn and slam on brakes. Secondly, whether we like it or not, terrorism is an issue and although it’s not hit Scotland badly yet, we need to minimise the potential for this type of incident.

30 minutes before and 30 minutes after a game the roads immediately surrounding the stadium should be closed entirely. If it inconveniences some road users then tough. Paths are nowhere near wide enough for pod queues, turnstile queues and people walking around the stadium while adding traffic into the mix.
    Terrorism?? Really. 18000 people go to a game. No one gets searched and you’re worried about the guy in the Nissan Micra?!

I think terrorism is a bit of an over reaction to a Hibs v Ross County (or equivalent) match to be honest. Clearly tooting the horn etc is a bit over the top but that in itself is hardly a justification for banning cars, tooting a car horn's not going to injure anyone.

I have managed to exit St Clair Street and drive onto Easter Road and get away from the area following the conclusion of each home match, since I started driving over 7 years ago, without ever coming close to hitting anyone.

There's some weeks I do wait about 5 minutes when it's exceptionally busy but there's no reason for me to wait 30 minutes. The place is usually totally deserted within about 15 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Terrorism?? Really. 18000 people go to a game. No one gets searched and you’re worried about the guy in the Nissan Micra?!
    Absolutely, or just someone losing concentration and ploughing into a group standing queuing to get into the game. Your entitled to disagree but if waiting 30 minutes either side of the game to use the immediate surrounding roads keeps everyone safer then I’m all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Why not put the subs details on the scoreboard when they are being made if the tannoy is an issue, Other announcements could also be flashed up - ie the owner of teh car reg plat etc. I'll be going early as usual on Saturday hoping to avoid any chaos as there is little sign that the new ticketing arrangements have worked and 1000s will be using their ST for the first time.
    Hi

Thought I’d drop in with a quick update here. Unfortunately the scoreboard doesn’t allow for this. Great suggestion though.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Keep up the top notch communication on here KP, appreciated by all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    massive improvement - this is how it should’ve been done all along.

Quote Originally Posted by HibsAnnouncer View Post
    Hi

Thought I’d drop in with a quick update here. Unfortunately the scoreboard doesn’t allow for this. Great suggestion though.
    Does the score board have capacity to have the half time results shown like the normal match result - or slow down the scroll ?

Also can it go past 90 mins ?

I’m sure I’ve seen the players names flash up on the scoreboard or am I imagining it ?!!

Long term alongside a PA system that can actually be made out in the back of the East Stand - Hibs should be getting a new scoreboard at each end (Famous Five Stand also) with the capacity to do more. I know both cost £ but find a sponsor and will help the match day experience.

That scoreboard has done pretty well considering it’s quite old.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    Does the score board have capacity to have the half time results shown like the normal match result - or slow down the scroll ?

Also can it go past 90 mins ?

I’m sure I’ve seen the players names flash up on the scoreboard or am I imagining it ?!!

Long term alongside a PA system that can actually be made out in the back of the East Stand - Hibs should be getting a new scoreboard at each end (Famous Five Stand also) with the capacity to do more. I know both cost £ but find a sponsor and will help the match day experience.

That scoreboard has done pretty well considering it’s quite old.
    It's not allowed to. SFA/FIFA don't let in stadium clocks go beyond 45 (at the appropriate time) or 90.

I agree with you.

The safest option would be maybe just to cone off a lane for cars only or simply car ban before and after.

It's just drivers being impatient and like the side doors at the stadium folk seem to think they have priority when really they don't.

Morning all,

August quickfire update - what has been happening since my last update at the end of July.

It's been hard to summarise how we're all feeling at the minute as it is definitely a wide range of varying opinions over the Hibs landscape. At one end not happy & disappointed and others calm & persevering. Keep doing what you do and back the team and club. I will continue to navigate around everywhere to pick things up. The club reads these forums so will know where we're placed.

I recently asked about matchday experience. I wanted to ask the question about your ideal Hibs experience direct here and elsewhere to get some insight from a small band of supporters, as with any question/survey it is a moment in time and might not a true reflection of the overall support but I found it a useful exercise nonetheless. The football team will always come first in the clubs thoughts but we're important too and these are next in line. I'm more than confident about some of these areas being improved (certainly before I exit the building! Feel free to haud me tae that).

Hibs Kids details are out to members and the first game is on the 26th October against Ross County - www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10248

When Elliot met Scott was brilliant
    www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10188

I particularly enjoyed this yin www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10249

I attended the board meeting this week up at HTC. Points flagged to the board by myself and Tracey (and as always, not on behalf of all supporters but a fair proportion).

- Ticketing and Stadium Access – It has previously been flagged that the landing of the new ticketing partnership and system access hasn’t been smooth. The issues are still there and show no signs of improvement – this is now unacceptable after five home games and provides fans with the wrong experience before entering the ground.
    Our next home game is Gunts on Sunday 22nd of September - we have no chance to replicate a sell out crowd in time with all turnstiles (however we do have the Scotland Women game at ER before then). Club will need ALL turnstiles open - recommendation is to have manually hand scanners available in all instead of relying on a system that hasn't/isn’t stable.
    KP -The club fully agree with the above and I've seen some of difficult conversations played out to get this fixed. The club are working hard with the supplier to have this fixed but most important is access in that next home fixture.

- Supporter feedback - Supporters are unsettled at the moment. Sizeable number of fans are unhappy with lack of communication from behind the scenes and the performances of the team. On the other side, Fair number are backing the club & team to keep persevering and come good.
    KP - I'm sure we'll hear more from the club shortly on what has and is going on but ultimately it's still all focus on getting the team firing on the pitch and playing to their potential.

As always, Hibs fans are barry, Since 1875 caught my attention this week - they're making another funding and physical help push to continue the great work they do for us on atmosphere. I'm honestly really inspired by their energy.

I’ve made a donation of £20 to them today and I'm really looking forward to their next display, coming soon!

This is what it feels like to be Hibs.

As always, gies a shout if something needs flagged and of course any time I can help – Hibs related or not.

KP
    Last edited by Power; 29-08-2019 at 10:51 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Cheers KP. Were you able to get clarification on the rumours that walk ups can expect to pay £27 for games not including Hearts, Rangers or Celtic this season?

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    Cheers KP. Were you able to get clarification on the rumours that walk ups can expect to pay £27 for games not including Hearts, Rangers or Celtic this season?
    We've had two games that didn't include them - what were the prices for them? Surely that would answer the question?

Where’s that come from? We’ve just played St.Mirren and St.Johnstone at the following.

Ticket Prices:
    Adult: £23
    Executive (Adult Only): £32
    Concessions (Over 65, 12-17 years old and students): £14
    Child (2-11 years old): £12

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    We've had two games that didn't include them - what were the prices for them? Surely that would answer the question?
    £23 for the St. Mirren and St. Johnstone games.

First I have heard the club are thinking of charging £27. Would doubt the club would cut their own throat by doing that.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    If St Johnstone was our last home match of the season it would answer the question but there are still about 15 more to come
    Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post
    Where’s that come from? We’ve just played St.Mirren and St.Johnstone at the following.

Ticket Prices:
    Adult: £23
    Executive (Adult Only): £32
    Concessions (Over 65, 12-17 years old and students): £14
    Child (2-11 years old): £12
    No clarification yet then. No probs!

@hibs.net private member
    If St Johnstone was our last home match of the season it would answer the question but there are still about 15 more to come

Power’s reply seemed very clear to me. Top price £23 and lowest £12. That’s it for the non category A game this season. No?

You asked if we were charging £27 for games not against Celtic, Rangers and Hearts.

We've had 2 home games where we haven't charged that. So the answer is no.

When was the last time we put prices up part way through a season? or by 20%?

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    Power’s reply seemed very clear to me. Top price £23 and lowest £12. That’s it for the non category A game this season. No?
    Are A and B the only categories?

@hibs.net private member
    No. There is a cat c as well. But cat A covers the game that will be more expensive. Celtic, Sevco, Hearts and Aberdeen

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    No. There is a cat c as well. But cat A covers the game that will be more expensive. Celtic, Sevco, Hearts and Aberdeen
    Aberdeen were Cat B last year.

Maybe they are one of the non Hearts/OF teams that will be bumped up in price

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

Where is the theory that the prices are being bumped up coming from?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Where is the theory that the prices are being bumped up coming from?
    My super duper ITK insider top secret source

Strange reply. Are you asking if the club are likely to hike prices for non-Cat A mid-season? Where’s the precedent for this and what prompted the question?

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Strange reply. Are you asking if the club are likely to hike prices for non-Cat A mid-season? Where’s the precedent for this and what prompted the question?
    Yes, I am asking if there will be occasions this year where non Cat A games will be charged at a higher price than they were charged at last season.

The question has been prompted by the fact I was told this by someone and I am seeking clarification from our excellent fans rep.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    KP - I'm sure we'll hear more from the club shortly on what has and is going on but ultimately it's still all focus on getting the team firing on the pitch and playing to their potential.

Cheers for the update KP hope we here sooner rather later mate a lot of the stuff flying around could be put to bed by LD or RG

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Thanks for the update KP.

Can I ask if you’ve heard what’s happening with the free season ticket competition, think it was meant to be announced on Monday who had won it?

There was a thread on here last night but can’t find it just now.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Thanks for the update KP.

Can I ask if you’ve heard what’s happening with the free season ticket competition, think it was meant to be announced on Monday who had won it?

There was a thread on here last night but can’t find it just now.
    Nae knowledge but I’ll give a prod to the right area.

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    Yes, I am asking if there will be occasions this year where non Cat A games will be charged at a higher price than they were charged at last season.

The question has been prompted by the fact I was told this by someone and I am seeking clarification from our excellent fans rep.
    Maybe you could be clearer - obviously you've been told something specific, and you've come on here with a very general statement about 'non-OF and Hearts' games.

Probably better if you stump up what you have actually heard first, then our excellent fans' rep will have something concrete to look into!

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by McS****y View Post
    Maybe you could be clearer - obviously you've been told something specific, and you've come on here with a very general statement about 'non-OF and Hearts' games.

Probably better if you stump up what you have actually heard first, then our excellent fans' rep will have something concrete to look into!
    I've heard that walk ups can expect to pay £27 for some games not including Hearts, Rangers or Celtic this season and I'm asking KP for clarification.

My super duper ITK insider top secret source
    And the prize for most disingenuous posts in a thread goes to.....

And finally we get to the nub of the matter.