hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: KP update

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Will the turnstiles be working on Saturday (serious question) as looks as though we are heading for close to a sell out?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Thanks for update.

Like most things actions speaks louder than words. I’ve noticed steps been painted etc which is good at stadium. Just wish there was a way exiting from East Stand was easier. Does the barrier at lower level near disabled area slow things down ?? If it wasn’t there could fans exit quicker at full time ?

The turnstile issue I’m not sure if I can’t see it getting better - mainly due to the way people need to scan the QR codes on phones / Paper tickets.

Could Hibs have a ST queue only - that may speed up the process as majority will have ST access cards. It’s crazy that manual scanners would probably be quicker which defeats the purpose of the technology.

Newcastle fans saying they had issues entering too makes the club look small time or as bad as Dunfermline.

I also don’t understand how people can always jump the queues by going to the door access. Feels like priority boarding.

Can something be done about improving the 3G / tidyness around the pitch - lots of weeds and generally looks unkept.

Couldn’t hear a word of the Newcastle subs on the East Tannoy last night - bit rubbish as wanted to know who was playing for them. Every announcement is just a waffle.

Would be a good idea to have the flags flying on the flag poles every game also. Just makes ER more classy.

Finally this happened last season but cars shouldn’t be allowed to drive around 14,000 people on the road on match day - accident waiting to happen.
    Last edited by GreenCastle; 31-07-2019 at 12:13 PM.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Evening/Morning all,

July quickfire update - what has been happening since my last update on the 28th June.

Ron Gordon has taken over the majority shareholding in our club – the biggest change in nearly three decades – http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10094. Ron is now Executive Chairman and in his first month in charge brought a wave of energy to everyone at the club (I’d encourage those that haven’t listened to any of his many interviews to go gie’ them a listen). He is a very enthusiastic and engaging person – his vision for Hibs is to be THE BEST at everything they can be (on and off the pitch).. My first impressions of him are great (his of mine will be that guy is always in shorts or cycling gear) and looking forward to hearing and seeing mair’.

Hibs have been back for several games and the full League cup group – It’s been a slow burner but we’re starting to ramp up fitness and strength towards the season starting this weekend. Newcastle had a bit more class and a killer touch better than us earlier but I’m quietly confident. Bring it on.

The Away strip has been on sale for a fortnight and, much like the home one, has been a fantastic success so far – Hibernian Community Foundation Sponsor prints are popular on this number too, as is leaving the tops blank but still making a donation to our Foundation – https://www.hiberniancommunityfounda...1-/credit-card

It's probably been my busiest month in terms of low level support ‘problems’/feedback but I’m available as ever to help and influence where I can.

Working Together Meeting this month was pushed to next Monday because of tonight’s game. Easter Road Stadium, Monday 5th at 6:30pm.

I attended my third board meeting on Thursday last week up at HTC. Points flagged to the board by myself and Tracey (and as always, not on behalf of all supporters but a fair proportion).

- Ticketing and Stadium Access – New system glitches experienced by many (Including Alloa and Arbroath online ST Discount availability, Interactive Seating functionality, Mobile e-ticket not available initially and then not completing as expected) some of these issues have been fixed - with process improvement and familiarity the new changes will be fantastic for us when 100%.
    Stadium Access has been a problem in the three games whilst in the middle of the scanner changeover & updates but continuous improvement is there (very similar to onboarding the barcode scanners a few years back). I was hoping for another big step in improvement for tonight’s game against Newcastle and there was in pockets (turnstile sensor and screen change) but overall the experience is still poor for a lot. The club will ken this and I apologise that it hasn’t been smooth or fixed three games in - got my fingers crossed for Saturday.
    The back-up of handheld scanners has been successful (improved stadium signal to allow) but this is a back-up and shouldn’t be used regularly.

- HSL – Sizeable proportion of supporters that contribute to HSL are keen to hear on next steps – intentions of support towards this initiative were varied but collectively we want it to be a success.

- Tom Farmer recognition – A high percentage of online supports and general feedback of those spoken to face to face have voiced that Sir Tom Farmer is recognized for his contributions to the club and community – club have acknowledged this request.

The club are not only working hard to have us burst into the new league campaign on the pitch but looking at reaching for the stars for us off the pitch in a number of areas, including matchday experience - it will be very exciting to hear more about this once it’s been discussed, reviewed, planned and communicated. Nothing is off the table and that includes our known hotspots (PA system, catering, stadium maintenance, ticketing, recycling etc etc).

Some more great work happening by Hibs fans, this caught my eye.
    - Edinburgh Adler Hibs fans have donation all profits from their recent German Cup final movie Cameo Cinema showcase to SANDS Lothians. A fantastic day supported by over 100 people from the Edinburgh Football Community. Great work by all.

I’ve made a donation of £20 to the Hanlon Stevenson Foundation this month now that they’re up and running – https://hanlonstevensonfoundation.co.uk I hope this turns out to be a bigger success than planned – key objectives of the Foundation is primarily youth related charity funding with a view to assisting less privileged children.

As always, gies a shout if something needs flagged and of course any time I can help – Hibs related or not.

KP
    Superb communications as ever KP (dry roasted are my preference)

Keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    Thanks for update.

Like most things actions speaks louder than words. I’ve noticed steps been painted etc which is good at stadium. Just wish there was a way editing from East Stand was easier. Does the barrier at lower level near disabled area slow things down ?? If it wasn’t there could fans exit quicker at full time ?

The turnstile issue I’m not sure if I can’t see it getting better - mainly due to the way people need to scan the QR codes on phones / Paper tickets.

Could Hibs have a ST queue only - that may speed up the process as majority will have ST access cards. It’s crazy that manual scanners would probably be quicker which defeats the purpose of the technology.

Newcastle fans saying they had issues entering too makes the club look small time or as bad as Dunfermline.

I also don’t understand how people can always jump the queues by going to the door access. Feels like priority boarding.

Can something be done about improving the 3G / tidyness around the pitch - lots of weeds and generally looks unkept.

Couldn’t hear a word of the Newcastle subs on the East Tannoy last night - but rubbish as wanted to know who was playing for them.

Would be a good idea to have the flags flying on the flag poles every game also. Just makes ER more classy.

Finally this happened last season but cars shouldn’t be allowed to drive around 14,000 people on the road on match day - accident waiting to happen.
    Some very good feedback in there that can be put into the matchday experience conversation. I’ll pass it on.

Thanks for update.

Like most things actions speaks louder than words. I’ve noticed steps been painted etc which is good at stadium. Just wish there was a way editing from East Stand was easier. Does the barrier at lower level near disabled area slow things down ?? If it wasn’t there could fans exit quicker at full time ?

Couldn’t hear a word of the Newcastle subs on the East Tannoy last night - but rubbish as wanted to know who was playing for them.

So on your final point....if you live near the stadium or have to take the car for other reasons are you just supposed to wait whilst 14000 people leave the stadium?

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    So on your final point....if you live near the stadium or have to take the car for other reasons are you just supposed to wait whilst 14000 people leave the stadium?
    Basically yes.

I live in one of the streets near the stadium and we all know that the streets will be closed for certain periods of time on match days.

@hibs.net private member malcolm's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Some very good feedback in there that can be put into the matchday experience conversation. I’ll pass it on.
    1st match ticket in wallet failed to scan but a downloaded ticket with an old fashioned bar code did
    Match 2 the ticket in my wallet scanned
    Match 3 my season did not scan but the steward in the turnstiles hand scanned it.

There seemed to be 2 types of scanner at the turnstiles and I know know which one to avoid.;o)

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm View Post
    1st match ticket in wallet failed to scan but a downloaded ticket with an old fashioned bar code did
    Match 2 the ticket in my wallet scanned
    Match 3 my season did not scan but the steward in the turnstiles hand scanned it.

There seemed to be 2 types of scanner at the turnstiles and I know know which one to avoid.;o)
    Ken what you’re saying.

I put my phone in at an angle last night (it’s a tight squeeze 👀) and I was being telt from behind the turnstiles by the scanner designer “it needs to be flat”. Noted for Sat.

Another important point is to wait on the screen to prompt for scan and not still on previous GO message as I captured below

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    Basically yes.

I live in one of the streets near the stadium and we all know that the streets will be closed for certain periods of time on match days.
    Exactly. If you live in that area and need to head out leave ten mins before kick off. Every last person knows the score regardless.

@hibs.net private member
    Why not put the subs details on the scoreboard when they are being made if the tannoy is an issue, Other announcements could also be flashed up - ie the owner of teh car reg plat etc. I'll be going early as usual on Saturday hoping to avoid any chaos as there is little sign that the new ticketing arrangements have worked and 1000s will be using their ST for the first time.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    Basically yes.

I thought the polis letter boxed everyone telling them to move their cars or they would be towed away?

My brother lives in Hawkhill Avenue and on most match days hangs a Hibs flag out his window to alert any locals who may have missed the polis advice.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If the alternative is that by allowing some folk to batter carelessly through heavily populated pedestrian traffic then yes.

It is a matter of time before someone gets seriously hurt.

Whilst most of the drivers involved are careful and sensible there are some really idiots amongst them.

Re residents being inconvenienced, it is like buying a house near Seafield, you know that from time to time it is going to stink down that way, but that occasional stink is outweighed by the benefits of living there.
    Last edited by BSEJVT; 31-07-2019 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    I thought the polis letter boxed everyone telling them to move their cars or they would be towed away?

My brother lives in Hawkhill Avenue and on most match days hangs a Hibs flag out his window to alert any locals who may have missed the polis advice.
    We get a letter from the council every summer with the fixtures and what times the roads will be closed from etc.

Of course I know what you are saying but at the moment it seems to be a bit of a shambles.

Several times last season cars were driving quite quickly through large crowds of people.

There have been incidents around the world of cars driving into people and I don’t want any supporters to be another statistic.

Close the roads around ER from say 2.15-3pm and 4.40/5.10pm.

I guess the issue is more housing around the stadium than ever before but needs to be a better solution.

Even cone off a single lane for cars and keep pedestrians to one side.

Cars driving through crowds of kids and parents getting into the FF stand isn’t the way forward.

Also just because folk park right next to stadium they shouldn’t be allowed to suddenly drive off after the game through the crowds.

It’s like using the side door to enter the stadium - some folk think they have a divine right for priority.

Of course I know what you are saying but at the moment it seems to be a bit of a shambles.

Several times last season cars were driving quite quickly through large crowds of people.

There have been incidents around the world of cars driving into people and I don’t want any supporters to be another statistic.

I guess the issue is more housing around the stadium than ever before but needs to be a better solution.

Cars driving through crowds of kids and parents getting into the FF stand isn’t the way forward.

Also just because folk park right next to stadium they shouldn’t be allowed to suddenly drive off after the game through the crowds.

It’s like using the side door to enter the stadium - some folk think they have a divine right for priority.
    They should be closed then.

63E7A506-7E73-4D97-950B-1F8AA9FB4E01.jpg

It’s usually cars from the disabled parking in St.Clair who are trying to drive through the crowds at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    It’s usually cars from the disabled parking in St.Clair who are trying to drive through the crowds at the end.
    Yep. and despite the best intentions of most there are also plenty pedestrians who will happily walk in front of cars without looking or caring. There should be no issue with people and cars leaving the stadium at the same time.

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post

I see that flag every match day Fred, had no idea it was your brother!

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Evening/Morning all,

July quickfire update - what has been happening since my last update on the 28th June.

Ron Gordon has taken over the majority shareholding in our club – the biggest change in nearly three decades – http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10094. Ron is now Executive Chairman and in his first month in charge brought a wave of energy to everyone at the club (I’d encourage those that haven’t listened to any of his many interviews to go gie’ them a listen). He is a very enthusiastic and engaging person – his vision for Hibs is to be THE BEST at everything they can be (on and off the pitch).. My first impressions of him are great (his of mine will be that guy is always in shorts or cycling gear) and looking forward to hearing and seeing mair’.

Hibs have been back for several games and the full League cup group – It’s been a slow burner but we’re starting to ramp up fitness and strength towards the season starting this weekend. Newcastle had a bit more class and a killer touch better than us earlier but I’m quietly confident. Bring it on.

The Away strip has been on sale for a fortnight and, much like the home one, has been a fantastic success so far – Hibernian Community Foundation Sponsor prints are popular on this number too, as is leaving the tops blank but still making a donation to our Foundation – https://www.hiberniancommunityfounda...1-/credit-card

It's probably been my busiest month in terms of low level support ‘problems’/feedback but I’m available as ever to help and influence where I can.

Working Together Meeting this month was pushed to next Monday because of tonight’s game. Easter Road Stadium, Monday 5th at 6:30pm.

I attended my third board meeting on Thursday last week up at HTC. Points flagged to the board by myself and Tracey (and as always, not on behalf of all supporters but a fair proportion).

- Ticketing and Stadium Access – New system glitches experienced by many (Including Alloa and Arbroath online ST Discount availability, Interactive Seating functionality, Mobile e-ticket not available initially and then not completing as expected) some of these issues have been fixed - with process improvement and familiarity the new changes will be fantastic for us when 100%.
    Stadium Access has been a problem in the three games whilst in the middle of the scanner changeover & updates but continuous improvement is there (very similar to onboarding the barcode scanners a few years back). I was hoping for another big step in improvement for tonight’s game against Newcastle and there was in pockets (turnstile sensor and screen change) but overall the experience is still poor for a lot. The club will ken this and I apologise that it hasn’t been smooth or fixed three games in - got my fingers crossed for Saturday.
    The back-up of handheld scanners has been successful (improved stadium signal to allow) but this is a back-up and shouldn’t be used regularly.

- HSL – Sizeable proportion of supporters that contribute to HSL are keen to hear on next steps – intentions of support towards this initiative were varied but collectively we want it to be a success.

- Tom Farmer recognition – A high percentage of online supports and general feedback of those spoken to face to face have voiced that Sir Tom Farmer is recognized for his contributions to the club and community – club have acknowledged this request.

The club are not only working hard to have us burst into the new league campaign on the pitch but looking at reaching for the stars for us off the pitch in a number of areas, including matchday experience - it will be very exciting to hear more about this once it’s been discussed, reviewed, planned and communicated. Nothing is off the table and that includes our known hotspots (PA system, catering, stadium maintenance, ticketing, recycling etc etc).

- Edinburgh Adler Hibs fans have donation all profits from their recent German Cup final movie Cameo Cinema showcase to SANDS Lothians. A fantastic day supported by over 100 people from the Edinburgh Football Community. Great work by all.

I’ve made a donation of £20 to the Hanlon Stevenson Foundation this month now that they’re up and running – https://hanlonstevensonfoundation.co.uk I hope this turns out to be a bigger success than planned – key objectives of the Foundation is primarily youth related charity funding with a view to assisting less privileged children.

As always, gies a shout if something needs flagged and of course any time I can help – Hibs related or not.

KP
    Many thanks for this KP - did you manage to raise the issue of the Rangers game on 21 December possibly being moved?

Evening/Morning all,

KP
    Thanks for the updates KP.

Can I ask why so few turnstiles have been in operation? Is it just due to keeping down stewarding costs? Surely an easy way to minimise the impact of teething problems would have been to use all the turnstiles.
    I was told there was only 1 open for the Newcastle fans which doesn't look too clever when we've got an EPL team visiting. Not a great incentive for them to come again if they've been receiving complaints from their fans that missed the kick off.

Plus, I thought they are normally open an hour before kick off (could be wrong about that though). However, for the Arbroath game and last night (don't know about the Alloa game), the ones I used were only opened less than 45 minutes before kick off so the queues were growing before they'd opened.

There's going to be a considerably bigger crowd on Saturday, can we get the turnstiles opening earlier than normal, say 1.30pm? Or certainly no later than 2pm and will they all be in operation? That would at least give us the best possible chance of avoiding or reducing the chaos.

Thanks

Yep. and despite the best intentions of most there are also plenty pedestrians who will happily walk in front of cars without looking or caring. There should be no issue with people and cars leaving the stadium at the same time.
    I disagree.

Pedestrians should have priority briefly to enter and exit the stadium as quickly as possible.

It's basically a small area on the grand scheme of things and people can be patient and wait - obviously unless it's an emergency.

Those who park on St Clair street have no priority to drive away early either.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    I was told there was only 1 open for the Newcastle fans which doesn't look too clever when we've got an EPL team visiting. Not a great incentive for them to come again if they've been receiving complaints from their fans that missed the kick off.
    If there was one turnstile open for the ~3000 away fans who showed up, that means that they got one body through the turnstile roughly every 1.2 seconds in the hour before kickoff.

Either Hibs had more than one turnstile open and your informant is talking nonsense, or they should switch all the turnstiles over to whatever system was operating in the South Stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    Many thanks for this KP - did you manage to raise the issue of the Rangers game on 21 December possibly being moved?
    I did but no movement on it till September at the earliest.

Can I ask why so few turnstiles have been in operation? Is it just due to keeping down stewarding costs? Surely an easy way to minimise the impact of teething problems would have been to use all the turnstiles.

Plus, I thought they are normally open an hour before kick off (could be wrong about that though). However, for the Arbroath game and last night (don't know about the Alloa game), the ones I used were only opened less than 45 minutes before kick off so the queues were growing before they'd opened.

There's going to be a considerably bigger crowd on Saturday, can we get the turnstiles opening earlier than normal, say 1.30pm? Or certainly no later than 2pm and will they all be in operation? That would at least give us the best possible chance of avoiding or reducing the chaos.

Thanks
    Not all turnstiles have either had the scanners put in, tested or fine tuned.

Club are confident all will be operational on Saturday and going into extreme detail on Friday with supplier to improve from experiences and feedback from the 3 games so far (a lot different to the one turnstile trialled at the end of last season).

Not all turnstiles have either had the scanners put in, tested or fine tuned.

Club are confident all will be operational on Saturday and going into extreme detail on Friday with supplier to improve from experiences and feedback from the 3 games so far (a lot different to the one turnstile trialled at the end of last season).
    Thanks for the reply KP. Any thoughts on opening the turnstiles earlier?

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    I've navigated through the crowds in St Clair Street for years without a single incident. It's easy enough to avoid people if you keep your speed down to under 5 mph.

If anyone is hitting pedestrians (personally never seen or heard of such an incident occurring but not saying that hasn't happened) then these people should be dealt with individually rather than everyone being held back for about half an hour unnecessarily.

As an aside, it would be helpful if the pedestrians who are still walking on the road when the majority of the crowds have cleared, would move onto the pavements. It's probably the best way to avoid an accident. I am not suggesting that this is possible when the large crowds are initially coming out but when there's individual groups of about 4 or 5 people still walking on the road 15-20 minutes after full time and the pavements are empty then it's a bit ridiculous.

Thanks for the reply KP. Any thoughts on opening the turnstiles earlier?
    The club could definitely do it, I expect it to be a recommendation for Sat, but heavy footfall does come 30-20minutes before games and turnstiles are open.

The club could definitely do it, I expect it to be a recommendation for Sat, but heavy footfall does come 30-20minutes before games and turnstiles are open.
    Okay, thanks. Appreciate there's always going to be a time period when a large amount of people arrive at the same time, ideally the queues will be at a minimal length just before it reaches that time. Or are you saying there's heavy footfall before the turnstiles are even open?

I'd guess on Saturday a fair number of people will arrive a little bit earlier due to the previous issues though it would be good if the Matchday info on the website was to recommend it. Would also be good if it said what time the turnstiles open.

Thanks.
    Last edited by 007; 31-07-2019 at 08:30 PM.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Keep up the top notch communication on here KP, appreciated by all!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Keep up the top notch communication on here KP, appreciated by all!
    massive improvement - this is how it should’ve been done all along.