hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: KP update

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What was the reasoning for the Hibs Ladies answer? Why is it actually better for them to be part of the foundation? Other teams going in the opposite direction.
    Let the man enjoy his well earned holiday.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Great work KP and enjoy your holiday

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    What was the reasoning for the Hibs Ladies answer? Why is it actually better for them to be part of the foundation? Other teams going in the opposite direction.
    I wonder if there's a link to equal pay? I'm not sure how other teams handle it, but that might be a consideration. Clearly, Hibs couldn't sustain a ladies team at the same cost as the men's team, so it might relate to that?

Edit: Thanks for the update Kieran, these are very useful.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I wonder if there's a link to equal pay? I'm not sure how other teams handle it, but that might be a consideration. Clearly, Hibs couldn't sustain a ladies team at the same cost as the men's team, so it might relate to that?

I can’t imagine that. But I’d just love to hear from the board what the reasoning is. And yes Enjoy the holiday Kieran it can wait till you get home. 😂

Thanks for update.

Nothing on catering or PA system ?

Appreciate the update but just feel the same issues are brushed under the carpet but by saying they are being reviewed.

Safe standing
    Catering
    PA system
    Stadium upgrades
    Singing section

Maybe I’m just impatient but feel we could be improving more to make ER and the fan experience better.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    Thanks for update.

Appreciate the update but just feel the same issues are brushed under the carpet but by saying they are being reviewed.

Safe standing
    Catering
    PA system
    Stadium upgrades
    Singing section

Maybe I’m just impatient but feel we could be improving more to make ER and the fan experience better.
    You could well be right but you've listed five things I'm not bothered about. There's a lot of noise about those things but none of them would put me off buying my season ticket. I suspect I'm not alone. I'm even quite happy with the pies except when the arse falls out them and I get thermonuclear temp steak on my fingers.

@hibs.net private member barcahibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    You could well be right but you've listed five things I'm not bothered about. There's a lot of noise about those things but none of them would put me off buying my season ticket. I suspect I'm not alone. I'm even quite happy with the pies except when the arse falls out them and I get thermonuclear temp steak on my fingers.
    This for me is one of the major reasons fan directors and fan ownership needs to be treated very carefully, there's no such thing as a unified set of issues or causes that all Hibs fans will share. Of the items mentioned the only one I'm slightly interested in is stadium upgrades - and even then I bet I'd have a different set of priorities for what should be done.

I couldn't care less about the catering, the pa system or the singing section. That doesn't mean those who do care about those things are wrong, it just means everyone values different things, it's impossible to lump us all together.

Quote Originally Posted by barcahibs View Post
    This for me is one of the major reasons fan directors and fan ownership needs to be treated very carefully, there's no such thing as a unified set of issues or causes that all Hibs fans will share. Of the items mentioned the only one I'm slightly interested in is stadium upgrades - and even then I bet I'd have a different set of priorities for what should be done.

I couldn't care less about the catering, the pa system or the singing section. That doesn't mean those who do care about those things are wrong, it just means everyone values different things, it's impossible to lump us all together.
    Thanks.

Well put.

Having visited different stadia around the world I know what’s acceptable for the price being paid - for a capital city with an expensive ST I expect the basics.

Everyone has different standards and the team is always number 1 priority but as a club if we don’t improve off the field as well as on we will fall behind.

Thanks for another informative update KP, have a great holiday

First Team Breakthrough
    Good work kp, definitely think theres a need to find the money somewhere to redo changing rooms/managers room at Easter road, was shocked at the state of them and how basic they were when I was in at the open day. Also was it ever discussed about hsl being promoted as a sponsor instead of the community foundation, feel like there being pushed further down the pecking order all the time.
    No rush big man enjoy your holiday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post

Equal pay in Norway 😳

Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    Thanks for update.

Safe standing
    Catering
    PA system
    Stadium upgrades
    Singing section

Loving your enthusiasm. These points were all raised in February before I came in and again recently - we aren’t going to get definitive answers and timelines but the club are certainly aware of them all. It’s a bit like a house improvement list, we will work down them as budget allows without compromising on sporting performance (they’re important but all nice to have).

I don’t speak on behalf of the club but what I can comment on;
    The catering is sub-contracted out, hence it will be reviewed throughout and towards contract end on what improvements we can make in that space.
    The PA system is on the club’s to-do list when budget allows. They’ve trialled a few different things and will continue to look at what can be done short and long term.
    Hibs have employed two multi-skilled workers to complete stadium improvements over the summer. I’m sure the maintenance team at ER and HTC will have a huge list and it will be one step at a time. Refreshing areas that add value and make impact.
    Safe standing has been flagged a couple of times. Difficulty with this one is Demand will outweigh supply on this. It would need to be quite a substantial area renovated as we can’t do it bit by bit. It’s another luxury, as mentioned above - the club are relaxed on standing and we have areas were this happens already.
    Singing section is still in area 25 this year. Since 1875 and club are meeting soon to look at improvements.
    Back to the Hibs ladies point - the structure and finances for them are in HCF, like all our boys, girls and community team - I wouldn’t worry what other teams are doing, that looks more tick box exercise.

Back to the beer and pool ✅

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post
    Loving your enthusiasm. These points were all raised in February before I came in and again recently - we aren’t going to get definitive answers and timelines but the club are certainly aware of them all. It’s a bit like a house improvement list, we will work down them as budget allows without compromising on sporting performance (they’re important but all nice to have).

The catering is sub-contracted out, hence it will be reviewed throughout and towards contract end on what improvements we can make in that space.
    The PA system is on the club’s to-do list when budget allows. They’ve trialled a few different things and will continue to look at what can be done short and long term.
    Hibs have employed two multi-skilled workers to complete stadium improvements over the summer. I’m sure the maintenance team at ER and HTC will have a huge list and it will be one step at a time. Refreshing areas that add value and make impact.
    Safe standing has been flagged a couple of times. Difficulty with this one is Demand will outweigh supply on this. It would need to be quite a substantial area renovated as we can’t do it bit by bit. It’s another luxury, as mentioned above - the club are relaxed on standing and we have areas were this happens already.
    Singing section is still in area 25 this year. Since 1875 and club are meeting soon to look at improvements.
    Back to the Hibs ladies point - the structure and finances for them are in HCF, like all our boys, girls and community team - I wouldn’t worry what other teams are doing, that looks more tick box exercise.

Good update Kieran and we all appreciate the fact you are visible on here and following through with your communication promises, makes a big difference to the scepticism of the roles I previously had. Also appreciate all these issues pre-date you.

On the catering, are you able to get an answer from Hibs as to what improvements and changes they have made over the last 5 years or so under their many reviews? I’ve not noticed any difference to the quality or service in that time. I’d rather just an honest answer from Hibs that they are happy with the quality and service and aren’t looking to change it. It’s not particularly important in the grand scheme, but at the same time it is frustrating to constantly be told it’s under review only to keep renewing the contracts of the caterers with the exact same quality and service.

If nothing else can we get card facilities?

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    Good update Kieran and we all appreciate the fact you are visible on here and following through with your communication promises, makes a big difference to the scepticism of the roles I previously had. Also appreciate all these issues pre-date you.

On the catering, are you able to get an answer from Hibs as to what improvements and changes they have made over the last 5 years or so under their many reviews? I’ve not noticed any difference to the quality or service in that time. I’d rather just an honest answer from Hibs that they are happy with the quality and service and aren’t looking to change it. It’s not particularly important in the grand scheme, but at the same time it is frustrating to constantly be told it’s under review only to keep renewing the contracts of the caterers with the exact same quality and service.

Yeh, let me pick that up and work on that.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post

The catering has been a bug bear of mine for years as well...…...the tell tale sign ……..in the east at least...…...is that there are hardly any queues at half time now. The caterers must be losing money you would think and if so might me amenable to terminating the contract. The food they serve us is absolutely shocking

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeewilly View Post
    The catering has been a bug bear of mine for years as well...…...the tell tale sign ……..in the east at least...…...is that there are hardly any queues at half time now. The caterers must be losing money you would think and if so might me amenable to terminating the contract. The food they serve us is absolutely shocking

I cant be the only one who thinks the food is no that bad, its exactley what I expect from a kiosk at a football stadium open 25 days of the year.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by percy veer View Post
    I cant be the only one who thinks the food is no that bad, its exactley what I expect from a kiosk at a football stadium open 25 days of the year.
    But far worse than any other ground in Scotland I've visited over the past few years. And I'm only talking about pies and bovrils.

Same here. Pies are fine

Thanks again for update. Didn't expect to get a reply when on your holiday

Regards the catering and PA system - I think it would be better like others have said for the club to say.

PA system - we have a separate account and are saving for it. We have approached sponsorship but no one was interested etc.

Catering - we are happy with the cost / quality - review is summer 2020. I don't go to the stadium for the food but as others have mentioned when you can go to Dunfermline and get something better tasting and cheaper then questions have to be asked. When Hibs in the Community our main shirt sponsors promote Healthy Eating - what options are there available on the menu which helps this?

Stadium Improvements - last week Hearts had someone painting the concourse of their stadium - the East Stand is crying out for more decoration / Hibs should be opening to local artists to paint / design. Again not a costly exercise.

Safe standing - the options are simply FF lower / or East Lower or even West Lower closest to away fans. I actually think it's pretty straight forward at our stadium due to design.

Hibs ladies - some clubs ,ay be doing tick box but others also investing including our neighbours and going within the club means better support and funding. Something the community foundation has limited resource.

I'm not trying to be difficult but I feel Hibs sometimes just play it safe and it's been the way for years - rather than being proactive and making changes which will grow the club / women's section etc keep us ahead of others. Even Kilmarnock have safe standing being installed soon

Anyway - I appreciate the updates - just want the best for Hibs and want to see some improvements for the £££ we spend on season tickets alongside the playing side.

Hi Kieran

A thing I've been wondering since yesterday is whether or not there would be an appetite from Hibs to either make another DVD or some sort of film about Tom Farmer's time at the club?

Everybody's expectations were blown away by the "Time for Heroes" DVD which was an outstanding piece of work.

Tom Farmer has had a quite incredible time at the club and has some great stories to tell - from his family's involvement a century before, to the Mercer takeover to yesterday's handover via 3 cup wins. We can't just ignore the relegations, a certain cup final and it would be fascinating to hear some of what Petrie has to say about what happened behind the scenes through certain very significant events for our club and Scottish football.

Did the Scottish Cup DVD make much money for the club?

Done properly I think it is a sporting story that might have interest beyond just Hibs fans.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by supermcginn View Post
    Same here. Pies are fine
    Agreed. I sit in the west and always get one before kick off. They are piping hot and tasty with big queues to get them.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Likewise. I get a pie every other home game.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Hi Kieran

A thing I've been wondering since yesterday is whether or not there would be an appetite from Hibs to either make another DVD or some sort of film about Tom Farmer's time at the club?

Everybody's expectations were blown away by the "Time for Heroes" DVD which was an outstanding piece of work.

Tom Farmer has had a quite incredible time at the club and has some great stories to tell - from his family's involvement a century before, to the Mercer takeover to yesterday's handover via 3 cup wins. We can't just ignore the relegations, a certain cup final and it would be fascinating to hear some of what Petrie has to say about what happened behind the scenes through certain very significant events for our club and Scottish football.

Done properly I think it is a sporting story that might have interest beyond just Hibs fans.
    Interesting idea. Not a matter I would raise with the board but I can certainly plug to the Media and Comms teams - it might be of Interest to someone outwith the club to run a story.

First Team Regular
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MC_Humo
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Hi Kieran

Brilliant idea we should get it pitched to Netflix

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Evening/Morning all,

July quickfire update - what has been happening since my last update on the 28th June.

Ron Gordon has taken over the majority shareholding in our club – the biggest change in nearly three decades – http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10094. Ron is now Executive Chairman and in his first month in charge brought a wave of energy to everyone at the club (I’d encourage those that haven’t listened to any of his many interviews to go gie’ them a listen). He is a very enthusiastic and engaging person – his vision for Hibs is to be THE BEST at everything they can be (on and off the pitch).. My first impressions of him are great (his of mine will be that guy is always in shorts or cycling gear) and looking forward to hearing and seeing mair’.

Hibs have been back for several games and the full League cup group – It’s been a slow burner but we’re starting to ramp up fitness and strength towards the season starting this weekend. Newcastle had a bit more class and a killer touch better than us earlier but I’m quietly confident. Bring it on.

The Away strip has been on sale for a fortnight and, much like the home one, has been a fantastic success so far – Hibernian Community Foundation Sponsor prints are popular on this number too, as is leaving the tops blank but still making a donation to our Foundation – https://www.hiberniancommunityfounda...1-/credit-card

It's probably been my busiest month in terms of low level support ‘problems’/feedback but I’m available as ever to help and influence where I can.

Working Together Meeting this month was pushed to next Monday because of tonight’s game. Easter Road Stadium, Monday 5th at 6:30pm.

I attended my third board meeting on Thursday last week up at HTC. Points flagged to the board by myself and Tracey (and as always, not on behalf of all supporters but a fair proportion).

- Ticketing and Stadium Access – New system glitches experienced by many (Including Alloa and Arbroath online ST Discount availability, Interactive Seating functionality, Mobile e-ticket not available initially and then not completing as expected) some of these issues have been fixed - with process improvement and familiarity the new changes will be fantastic for us when 100%.
    Stadium Access has been a problem in the three games whilst in the middle of the scanner changeover & updates but continuous improvement is there (very similar to onboarding the barcode scanners a few years back). I was hoping for another big step in improvement for tonight’s game against Newcastle and there was in pockets (turnstile sensor and screen change) but overall the experience is still poor for a lot. The club will ken this and I apologise that it hasn’t been smooth or fixed three games in - got my fingers crossed for Saturday.
    The back-up of handheld scanners has been successful (improved stadium signal to allow) but this is a back-up and shouldn’t be used regularly.

- HSL – Sizeable proportion of supporters that contribute to HSL are keen to hear on next steps – intentions of support towards this initiative were varied but collectively we want it to be a success.

- Tom Farmer recognition – A high percentage of online supports and general feedback of those spoken to face to face have voiced that Sir Tom Farmer is recognized for his contributions to the club and community – club have acknowledged this request.

The club are not only working hard to have us burst into the new league campaign on the pitch but looking at reaching for the stars for us off the pitch in a number of areas, including matchday experience - it will be very exciting to hear more about this once it’s been discussed, reviewed, planned and communicated. Nothing is off the table and that includes our known hotspots (PA system, catering, stadium maintenance, ticketing, recycling etc etc).

Some more great work happening by Hibs fans, this caught my eye.
    - Edinburgh Adler Hibs fans have donation all profits from their recent German Cup final movie Cameo Cinema showcase to SANDS Lothians. A fantastic day supported by over 100 people from the Edinburgh Football Community. Great work by all.

I’ve made a donation of £20 to the Hanlon Stevenson Foundation this month now that they’re up and running – https://hanlonstevensonfoundation.co.uk I hope this turns out to be a bigger success than planned – key objectives of the Foundation is primarily youth related charity funding with a view to assisting less privileged children.

As always, gies a shout if something needs flagged and of course any time I can help – Hibs related or not.

KP
    Last edited by Power; 30-07-2019 at 11:41 PM.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Evening/Morning all,

July quickfire update - what has been happening since my last update on the 28th June.

Ron Gordon has taken over the majority shareholding in our club – the biggest change in nearly three decades – http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10094. Ron is now Executive Chairman and in his first month in charge brought a wave of energy to everyone at the club (I’d encourage those that haven’t listened to any of his many interviews to go gie’ them a listen). He is a very enthusiastic and engaging person – his vision for Hibs is to be THE BEST at everything they can be (on and off the pitch).. My first impressions of him are great (his of mine will be that guy is always in shorts or cycling gear) and looking forward to hearing and seeing mair’.

Hibs have been back for several games and the full League cup group – It’s been a slow burner but we’re starting to ramp up fitness and strength towards the season starting this weekend. Newcastle had a bit more class and a killer touch better than us earlier but I’m quietly confident. Bring it on.

The Away strip has been on sale for a fortnight and, much like the home one, has been a fantastic success so far – Hibernian Community Foundation Sponsor prints are popular on this number too, as is leaving the tops blank but still making a donation to our Foundation – https://www.hiberniancommunityfounda...1-/credit-card

It's probably been my busiest month in terms of low level support ‘problems’/feedback but I’m available as ever to help and influence where I can.

Working Together Meeting this month was pushed to next Monday because of tonight’s game. Easter Road Stadium, Monday 5th at 6:30pm.

I attended my third board meeting on Thursday last week up at HTC. Points flagged to the board by myself and Tracey (and as always, not on behalf of all supporters but a fair proportion).

- Ticketing and Stadium Access – New system glitches experienced by many (Including Alloa and Arbroath online ST Discount availability, Interactive Seating functionality, Mobile e-ticket not available initially and then not completing as expected) some of these issues have been fixed - with process improvement and familiarity the new changes will be fantastic for us when 100%.
    Stadium Access has been a problem in the three games whilst in the middle of the scanner changeover & updates but continuous improvement is there (very similar to onboarding the barcode scanners a few years back). I was hoping for another big step in improvement for tonight’s game against Newcastle and there was in pockets (turnstile sensor and screen change) but overall the experience is still poor for a lot. The club will ken this and I apologise that it hasn’t been smooth or fixed three games in - got my fingers crossed for Saturday.
    The back-up of handheld scanners has been successful (improved stadium signal to allow) but this is a back-up and shouldn’t be used regularly.

- HSL – Sizeable proportion of supporters that contribute to HSL are keen to hear on next steps – intentions of support towards this initiative were varied but collectively we want it to be a success.

- Tom Farmer recognition – A high percentage of online supports and general feedback of those spoken to face to face have voiced that Sir Tom Farmer is recognized for his contributions to the club and community – club have acknowledged this request.

The club are not only working hard to have us burst into the new league campaign on the pitch but looking at reaching for the stars for us off the pitch in a number of areas, including matchday experience - it will be very exciting to hear more about this once it’s been discussed, reviewed, planned and communicated. Nothing is off the table and that includes our known hotspots (PA system, catering, stadium maintenance, ticketing, recycling etc etc).

Some more great work happening by Hibs fans, this caught my eye.
    - Edinburgh Adler Hibs fans have donation all profits from their recent German Cup final movie Cameo Cinema showcase to SANDS Lothians. A fantastic day supported by over 100 people from the Edinburgh Football Community. Great work by all.

I’ve made a donation of £20 to the Hanlon Stevenson Foundation this month now that they’re up and running – https://hanlonstevensonfoundation.co.uk I hope this turns out to be a bigger success than planned – key objectives of the Foundation is primarily youth related charity funding with a view to assisting less privileged children.

As always, gies a shout if something needs flagged and of course any time I can help – Hibs related or not.

KP
    Good update Thanks for keeping us informed.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Intentions of support for HSL were varied?

That's disappointing (I'm presuming here that the statement means some on the board don't care for it) but backs up my feeling that the club never really got behind it.

I might just claw my tenner a month back if the club don't give a toss.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post

That's disappointing (I'm presuming here that the statement means some on the board don't care for it) but backs up my feeling that the club never really got behind it.

Apologies how you’ve interpreted that D. This is me flagging from a supporters angle up to the club and not the other way.

Looking at the HSL threads and speaking to fans HSL did mean different things to them - some were energised to obtain 25% of club shares in one voice, a population were keen for more, a fair number were enthusiastic to provide more funds direct to the manager and others were content that the club would do as they see fit.

Ultimately we all want it to be successful though.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post

I think it’s the fans intentions rather than the board?

Apologies how you’ve interpreted that D. This is me flagging from a supporters angle up to the club and not the other way.

Looking at the HSL threads and speaking to fans HSL did mean different things to them - some were energised to obtain 25% of club shares in one voice, a population were keen for more, a fair number were enthusiastic to provide more funds direct to the manager and others were content that the club would do as they see fit.

Ultimately we all want it to be successful though.
    Ah ok, thanks for clearing that up.

Too early in the morning for me!