hibs.net Messageboard

Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: KP update

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Link not working for me. Maybe just because I’m using my phone?
    Good shout D, I've removed the HTML behind the link and should now work

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member malcolm's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post
    Good shout D, I've removed the HTML behind the link and should now work
    Got to it from the link in the .net subscribed thread new entry email but as it picked up the ‘*’ at the end of the tiny url, that was only after I deleted that * in the browser url address field.

Nice one KP I wasn't aware of this Friday show coming up on hibs TV so I'll look forward to watching that
    Keep up the good work mate you don't need me to tell you that you're made for the role

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Great update as usual, really appreciated.

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Thanks KP. Appreciated.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    They pics of the ‘old old’ stand are fantastic I’ve never seen them before. Also KP another great update. Absolute shoe in for another term as fans rep

Greg McEwan's outstanding photo of Easter Road recently got me thinking of a piece I'd seen in an auld programme I scanned a while back. The changing face of our home.

Photo credit Stuart Roy Clark.

Great start for Hibernian Women, opening their campaign 2-1 against Spartans.

This week, we're on the road away to Motherwell on Sunday, 1st November.

Club news

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/articl...nis-is-a-hibee
    KP - Great to see the club going out and closing this deal ahead of others and the window closing.

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/articl...imes-of-crisishttps://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/articl...ns-common-goalKP - So many good feeling stories coming out of the club at the moment - the work with the NHS, sharing their stories and Ryan showing his class with Common goal are only two of them.

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/articl...m-the-red-card

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/articl...ibs-picks-game

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/articl...e-in-the-crowd

How good was it to see this? It's great to see so many Hibernian players at the moment being recognised at the top and internationally.

KP - Paul’s auld man an uncle won the Edinburgh school cup for my auld primary school in the early 70s. That will now need to sit third place in the Hanlon family achievements behind this and the obvious one.

This is what it feels like to be Hibs.

15 years of continued support to orphaned children in Ukraine. Massive well done to everything the team at Dnipro kids has achieved in those years.

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/spor...years-19009185

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/dniprokids1

An important message to end on.

Hibernian players continue to support Black Lives Matter and have taken part in Show Racism the Red Card Fortnight of Action campaign.

KP

''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Spence View Post
    Nice one KP I wasn't aware of this Friday show coming up on hibs TV so I'll look forward to watching that
    Keep up the good work mate you don't need me to tell you that you're made for the role

🤝

Wish there was a bus running fae the Gunner/Craigie club to the match this weekend like so many times over the last decade - these occasions with friends, family and the wider green army are always the highlight of the year.

Wish there was a bus running fae the Gunner/Craigie club to the match this weekend like so many times over the last decade - these occasions with friends, family and the wider green army are always the highlight of the year.
    Ano mate it feels strange such a big game and no fans will be weird

Coaching Staff
    Any news on when 3rd strips will be sent out?

Quote Originally Posted by GloryGlory View Post
    Any news on when 3rd strips will be sent out?
    Yeh, made a nod to the clubstore update at the weekend in the notes above - confirmed as sent from Italy and collection/postage next week after being processed (Clubstore email communication to confirm ✅).

Another fantastic update KP, thanks for all your work.

@hibs.net private member
    Thanks for the update, exactly what we are looking for from a Supporter's rep

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Thanks for the update, exactly what we are looking for from a Supporter's rep
    I don’t think we should expect anything as such but KP is a dream in the role. Imo there shouldn’t be another one ever.

Coaching Staff
    Yeh, made a nod to the clubstore update at the weekend in the notes above - confirmed as sent from Italy and collection/postage next week after being processed (Clubstore email communication to confirm ✅).
    Thanks, KP.

I just saw the new Hibs shop opened in Gayle Centre.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i didn't realise the old old main stand was where the present east stand is ? every days a skool day

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    i didn't realise the old old main stand was where the present east stand is ? every days a skool day
    Neither did I.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Neither did I.

are there no octogenarians/nonagenerians on .net to clear this up

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    are there no octogenarians/nonagenerians on .net to clear this up
    I’ll dig out the programme again and see if there is any snippets of info ✅

Morning all,

I’ve posted an update for November here https://tinyurl.com/y2q8p4rs

I’ll lift and drop the text into this forum too - pictures embedded in the link.

Past updates for 2020 can be found here https://kieranpower858.wixsite.com/kpupdate-1/

Keep doing what you do, here if you need me - kpower@hibernianfc.co.uk ✅

Morning all,

That’ll be another month whizzing past. How are things at your end? Green light at the end of the COVID tunnel starting to appear. Keep doing what you do. I'm always available for supporters should they need help (Hibs related or not) - kpower@hibernianfc.co.uk.

We’ve not taken all the opportunities presented to us since I last put out an update - and that’s frustrating - there is always room for improvements, more wins and playing the type of football we’ve seen in chunks this season so far and with 7 games in December (kind in opposition running order when compared against the last two years ) there is a big chance to really kick on into 2021. Let’s do it Hibs.
    ____

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/articl...eeann-dempster

This week the club announced that Leeann Dempster will be leaving the club (remaining in role to ensure a smooth transition). Lots of great words passed on from supporters and players (current and former), better than anything I can add. Her leadership over the last 6 and a half years sets the club up perfectly for the next chapter and most importantly for future generations of Hibernian supporters. Thank you Leeann.

Leeann: “The club had been relegated when I joined, and I was determined – with the help of a terrific group of people – to rebuild and restore the club to make its supporters proud on and off the pitch. The Cup win was the highlight, of course, but there have been many fantastic moments.

“I think it is genuinely the right time, both for the club and for me, to move on to a new chapter. It has been an intense and fulfilling time of my life. I have grown to love the club and the Hibernian family, but the club is in good hands and has an exciting future ahead of it. I wanted to make sure Ron settled in following the transaction, and I think we have achieved that. I’ve enjoyed working with him and I have learned a lot in the process. Supporters should be optimistic and excited about Ron’s plans for the club’s future, and I know they will continue to support the club in the magnificent fashion that they have done during my time, especially during recent months when they absolutely stepped up when we most needed them.

“I thank every one of them for making this job such an enjoyable one. Now I look forward to the excitement of taking on a new challenge.”

I would like to update you on what I’ve brought to the board’s attention on behalf of supporters.

Return to support route map

We all want fans back at Easter Road when it's safe to do so. The club has worked with great effort on a number of different plans to get ready for our return and it would be great to share some of these plans with supporters in a timely manner.

KP – I've also had a lot of feedback regarding performances of recent. I can't influence our results but I can certainly pass on supporter feelings & comments (positive and constructive) and continue to do so without edit.

Hibernian seal strategic partnership with Charleston Battery

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/articl...leston-battery

At the start of the month the club confirmed the formation of a strategic partnership with Charleston Battery, based in South Carolina in the US.

KP - The club stated earlier in the year (and again at the AGM in February) that they intended to enter into partnerships with different clubs to widen their network and this one is the first. Charleston are absolutely ecstatic to partner up with a club with such a fantastic history and brand as Hibernian. Hopefully some of our development players can take up learning in a completely different environment. The partnership extends our scouting network and opens up collaboration on other aspects too (sports science, marketing, ticketing, sponsorship, community engagement - always good to learn with new eyes).

Hibernian Supporters October donation

Last edited by Power; 29-11-2020 at 08:12 AM.

Darren McGregor treasuring mentor role

Darren McGregor spoke earlier in the month about loving the mentor role at the club. He also states his appreciation for pulling on the famous green and white jersey the older he gets, it means the world to him. Extract from his interview with Scott McDermott below.

“Sometimes as young men we may mask our feelings. But he (Nisbet) sees Hibs as a sanctuary, somewhere he can forget about his troubles.

“So I just said to him: ‘Look, I don’t want to make a big song and dance but I know how you’ll be feeling so I’ll be here if you need to talk.’

“I didn’t want to put any pressure on. I just wanted to let him know that I’d experienced it and I’ll be there for him.

“I’m sure every other guy in the dressing-room is the same. It’s just about being a human being and recognising when someone is going through a tough time after trauma in their life.
    “You have to let them know you’re there. Especially when you get older, there’s a duty of care to some of the younger players.

“I remember what it was like at 24 and not being sure where to turn.

“As long as he knows the support is there, you don’t need to shove it down anyone’s throat.

“The reason I reached out is because I never really had that. Maybe I never looked for it.

“I was always a guarded person. I tended to keep my emotions quite close and, with hindsight, that maybe hurt me by not dealing with it.

“Credit to Nizzy for the way he has acted throughout and how mature he has been. It has been remarkable.”
    “Football can help massively, that’s your release. I found that as well.
    “Any bad news, you can leave outside because this is a sanctuary. The main thing for Kevin is to keep training well.

“His emotions might bubble up sometime – or never bubble over. It depends how he takes it.

“But as long as he knows there are guys in the changing room looking out for him.

“This could be the making of him. When you suffer trauma or difficult times you either use it as motivation, inspiration to go on and be successful, or you can let it destroy you.

“Knowing the character of Nizzy, I’m sure it will be the former and he’ll use his dad to motivate him for the rest of his career.”
    “I don’t regret seeing out my career here because the chance I was given a year and a half ago was unbelievable.

“We were probably one of the first clubs in Scotland to offer contracts like this, where I have a responsibility to mentor and look after the young boys, helping them to develop.

“But as a footballer, I still feel I’ve got a lot to give as well.”

Hibs Speyside - Spirit of Hibernian Whisky

Hibernian Community Foundation 2020 Christmas Appeal

https://www.hiberniancommunityfounda...hristmasappeal

This festive season, the Hibernian Community Foundation want to do their part to support those who are vulnerable this December.This year they have delivered food parcels, clothing and shoes to schools and communities over this very challenging period of our lives and they want to continue to do so over the Christmas period and into the New Year.This Christmas, they are looking for your support to help make a difference. https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/articl...r-food-parcels

Club news

Ally & Lewis meet Darren McGregor
    https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/articl...arren-mcgregor

KP - the next brothers to play for Hibs. First to call that one (well first that isn’t their family).

Formalwear partnership with Marc Darcy Menswear
    https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/articl...ith-marc-darcy

The Common Thread - Staff on Thistle Ward and Stanley's Story
    https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/articl...s-thistle-ward
    https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/articl...stanleys-story

Historic Hibernian Subbuteo craft

Daniel Norris with his retro retake of our current badge

These articles recently caught my eye

March on into December like Ernie the Sausage dog - Instagram: ernie.thesausagedog -

KP
    Last edited by Power; 29-11-2020 at 08:18 AM.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Brilliant update absolutely superb.

Really interesting the Darren McGregor role and comments about his support for Kevin Nisbet which sounds a fantastic thing for the club to put in place. Also agree he still has something to offer as a player as yesterday showed clearly.

Thanks for updates.

Could you mention that the East Stand / North stand need power washed or some advertising / Hibs branding added to it.

It’s a popular route to travel past and often some people’s 1st view of the stadium.

I know it’s not essential but thought I would mention and see if it could be improved.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    Thanks for updates.

Could you mention that the East Stand / North stand need power washed or some advertising / Hibs branding added to it.

It’s a popular route to travel past and often some people’s 1st view of the stadium.

I know it’s not essential but thought I would mention and see if it could be improved.
    I can - something that will be picked back up very quickly (club were working on cleaning and scrubbing our home before the world changed).

Morning all,

I’ve posted an update for December here - https://tinyurl.com/y8tzrob3

As always, I’ll lift and drop the text into this forum too - pictures will be available in the link.

Past updates for 2020 can be found here https://kieranpower858.wixsite.com/kpupdate-1/

Keep doing what you do, Happy New Year to you when it comes round. Thanks for everything in 2020. Here if you need me - kpower@hibernianfc.co.uk

Morning all,

End of a year like no other. I hope there is positives for you, Hibs will continue to make you proud wherever they can. Please keep you and yours safe & well into 2021. I'm always available for supporters should they need help (Hibs related or not) - kpower@hibernianfc.co.uk.

We're playing well at the moment - team stats circulating on the web (shot per game/on target, possession, defence resilience compared against our competitors is very strong) and the individual player stats the club has been circulating regularly on social channels - is all very positive. Back to a 'normal' transfer window I believe and we've put ourselves in a great position to make things happen. Some big games coming up, including a Semi Final in January (Sat 23rd January). Keep at it Hibs.

Graeme Mathie reveals January signing plans and reflects on tough decisions - Hibs sporting director Graeme Mathie reveals January signing plans and reflects on tough decisions | The Scotsman

This month we were given the sad news former Hibs left footed magician, playmaker and one of the bravest of them all, Alex Cropley has been diagnosed with dementia.
    Despite the setbacks he endured on the pitch he kept on going and I've nae doubt that'll be the case now. Hibernian supporters stand with you Sodjer.

I would like to update you on what I’ve brought to the board’s attention on behalf of supporters.

Sharpen Hibs TV
    Some supporters - at home (via our different platform offerings) and international fans - have flagged service interruptions (visual or audio) intermittently at a handful of games recently. Continue to provide supporters the best service as possible at all times.

KP – There is sometimes a lot we can't control with the stream, and instances of bad luck too, but there is always the opportunity to sharpen the product with our digital partners, controlling what we can to ensure we provide the best service to our loyal supporters.

Hibernian announce partnership with Stenhousemuir

Stenhousemuir strategic partnership agreed - Hibernian FC

KP - Following hot on the heels of the Charleston Battery link up in November, we have another, this time closer to home with Stenhousemuir. Another brick in the player development pathway. Good insight from Graeme in the article above.

Forbes Sports covered our partnership with Charleston (including others best ignored). Some very useful detail found here nonetheless - Player Development Is Top Priority In USL-Scottish Premiership Club Partnerships (forbes.com)

Our first 'Thank You NHS' donation

The Hibernian family has come together to say 'Thank You NHS' with our first donation of £20,000 to the Edinburgh and Lothians Health Foundation.

Hibernian thanks our NHS heroes - Hibernian FC

Joe Newell's importance

Speaking of Joe..

How Joe Newell has become Hibs' most important player | Edinburgh News (scotsman.com)

KP - Confidence is massive for footballers. Joe has a lot of it at the moment. We’re one of the biggest influencers on all our players.

Hibernian Supporters

A huge thank you, as always, to fans who continue to back the football club financially in these times.

Four new faces join the board

Four join Hibernian FC Board - Hibernian FC

KP - Improves diversity in a number of ways, adds energy, new skills and expertise - fantastic.

Club news

Ally & Lewis meet part 2 - David Gray
    Watch: Ally & Lewis meet David Gray

www.hibernianfc.co.uk

KP - glad we got the Davidson brothers back in for another interview with a Hibs legend.

Half season tickets now available
    Half season tickets available now! - Hibernian FC

Avast Partnership
    Hibernian FC partner with global leader Avast to promote cyber safety to football fans - Hibernian FC

One-to-one | Stevie Bradley - Hibernian FC
    One-to-one | Melker Hallberg - Hibernian FC
    One-to-one | Stevie Mallan - Hibernian FC

KP - The club have been producing some really great interviews with players recently (works well with the stats they've been sharing on social media). Always one in each programme and then loaded to the website later.

Titleist Partnership
    Hibernian FC announce partnership with Titleist - Hibernian FC

The Common Thread
    The Common Thread - The Vibe Clinic - Hibernian FC
    The Common Thread - Ruaridh's Story - Hibernian FC

Hibs through J.imac's lens

I've seen photos from OspreyWatcher's flickr account a long time ago and clocked it again recently, totally forgot to share it in a past update - apologies - some of the photo's (330 of them) are simply stunning.

Enjoy.

Easter Road Stadium-Home of Hibernian FC. | Flickr

Wider related news

Scottish football: Signing of EU players in January subject to appeals panel - BBC Sport

———

KP - There has been a few incidents with other clubs recently regarding Joint Response Group rules over a recent period. Naturally we think about our own club and how we approach this - I've shared a few useful bits of information in past updates along the way and how we take this very seriously. Our club would never risk anything - reputation, money or points - at any time and the protocols at HTC and ER are more than secure - I'm comfortable as the supporter governance. ______________________________

Chartered Institute of Marketing chat with Hibs on brand awareness and engaging supporters

https://regions.cim.co.uk/scotland/h...ng-a-pandemic/

KP - Interesting catch-up with CIM Scotland and Greg McEwan and how we used our digital powers.

The HibeesBounce purchasing and donating Hibs Strips to Edinburgh Sick Kids, with help from Leith Links Kick for Kids, just before Christmas was just magic. Helping those less fortunate to be a child first and a patient second is Hibs class.

This thread - People/things I thank for supporting Hibs | General Hibs Chat | HibeesBounce - is one of the last Hibs related things you should read in full before we say goodbye to 2020 and hello to 2021. Powerful stuff. _______________________________

Catch you, and young Master McBrierty here, in 2021.

Happy New Year to you when it comes round. Thanks for everything in 2020.

KP
    Last edited by Power; 29-12-2020 at 08:51 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Thanks for the update KP. Have a great 2021

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Thanks again KP.
    All the best to you and yours.