hibs.net Messageboard

Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: KP update

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Morning all,

I’ve posted an update for September here - https://tinyurl.com/y7znmapv

I’ll lift and drop the text into this forum too.

Keep doing what you do, here if you need me ✅
    Thanks KP for the continued excellent updates.
    I know I am not the only one but I am fairly tired of the constant, ill informed and unjustified attacks on the club that we seem to be having from Thomas English and the BBC sports team generally. Would there be any mileage in bringing that imposter of a “head of sports journalism” in to ER to have a clear the air with Leeann and or Ron? He clearly has a significant issue with Hibs and it might be an idea to find out what is at the root of it. Nothing the club does seems to escape being twisted in to a negative that can only be harmful to every aspect of our function as a company and a community based institution. Recent interviews seem only to have fuelled the fires and they do not appear to have the slightest concept of what LD’s role is in mitigating the affects of Covid on the Scottish game as a whole. Does the club have any plans to set the record straight?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    I know I am not the only one but I am fairly tired of the constant, ill informed and unjustified attacks on the club that we seem to be having from Thomas English and the BBC sports team generally. Would there be any mileage in bringing that imposter of a “head of sports journalism” in to ER to have a clear the air with Leeann and or Ron? He clearly has a significant issue with Hibs and it might be an idea to find out what is at the root of it. Nothing the club does seems to escape being twisted in to a negative that can only be harmful to every aspect of our function as a company and a community based institution. Recent interviews seem only to have fuelled the fires and they do not appear to have the slightest concept of what LD’s role is in mitigating the affects of Covid on the Scottish game as a whole. Does the club have any plans to set the record straight?
    Leeann seems to have attempted to set things straight about us signing players in an EEN article today.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...ention-2987543

Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    It's a fair comment. Only my personal opinion here - Anyone with a set agenda against the club will always have it regardless of what Hibs have done and do. Those individuals and groups are entitled to their opinion, the tone won't change. So instead of getting involved with puppets masquerading as journalists Hibs should continue to provide open, honest and transparent communications to their support and the wider audience via responsible and reputable sources (much like H's link about recruitment update above). Most facts always come out in the wash.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Leeann seems to have attempted to set things straight about us signing players in an EEN article today.

That is an excellent response to the criticism of Hibs imo.

@hibs.net private member

Good start 👍🏻

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    It's a fair comment. Only my personal opinion here - Anyone with a set agenda against the club will always have it regardless of what Hibs have done and do. Those individuals and groups are entitled to their opinion, the tone won't change. So instead of getting involved with puppets masquerading as journalists Hibs should continue to provide open, honest and transparent communications to their support and the wider audience via responsible and reputable sources (much like H's link about recruitment update above). Most facts always come out in the wash.

Tom English is either very thick or he is waging a vendetta against Hibs. Either way, he is not qualified to do his job as BBC Scotland's chief sports writer. So no, I don't think he is entitled to spout these opinions.

Ewan Murray is usually the sole voice reporting on Scottish football for the Guardian - he shouldn't be entitled to his biased opinions either.

Leeann Dempster is engaged with looking at Scottish football's survival, and yet her words are deliberately twisted to make her look like a hypocrite. Ann Budge spuriously claimed that her bleating about Hearts' relegation was somehow not motivated by self-interest, and she is taken at her word.

It's both damaging and disgusting.

KP. The club might want to mention the recent death of ex director Gregor Cowan. He continued to be a season ticket holder to the end.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    KP. The club might want to mention the recent death of ex director Gregor Cowan. He continued to be a season ticket holder to the end.
    Will pass that on ✅

@hibs.net private member
    KP is there any chance of the club posting some photos or making a video of the faces in the crowd .
    I have seen my ugly coupon on the TV a couple of times , my dad and a couple of mates paid to be in the crowd as well but have no idea where they are.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    KP, you were talking about the possibility of getting pictures or video of faces in the crowd, I've no idea where mines and the laddies are.

Quote Originally Posted by h1bs4life View Post
    KP is there any chance of the club posting some photos or making a video of the faces in the crowd .
    I have seen my ugly coupon on the TV a couple of times , my dad and a couple of mates paid to be in the crowd as well but have no idea where they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    KP, you were talking about the possibility of getting pictures or video of faces in the crowd, I've no idea where mines and the laddies are.

Good shout ✅ Mentioned that above - Small, hardworking Comms team have got it on their list (they’re aware of feedback too).

Thanks for update.

Could the club start a @hibstickets for queries or @hiberniantv for tv help etc.

Think both could be useful for fans.

Will pass that on ✅
    Thank you.Keep up the good work.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar

I see this has already been twisted, yet again, by Ewan Murray on Twitter. Look forward to Tom English sharing his twisted take on it shortly

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StevesFamau5 View Post
    Are you done with the wee tantrum Peter?

I'm amazed at how grown adults are acting like petulant children over a peice of clothing.

It's a shirt not a kidney, there's still a worldwide pandemic going on boomer!

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
    The kind of post you quoted are usually belters. Passive aggressive moans that you wouldn't say to someone's face, especially if you don't know them.

Left by mutual consent!
    KP, first hope you and family are well made. Secondly your updates are flawless, a complete credit to the club tbh.

Can I suggest please a massive PPV media package in the build up to Halloween? The amount of money we must be going to lose because of no fans at Hampden is rotten and I’m sure, if really attractive we could really get something appealing to the support to try and make up for some of monies lost?

I’ve no idea what, but I do know a couple of brothers at the club that could hopefully make it happen 👌

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Great update KP, I was also pleased to hear this week of the upgrades to the food kiosks with new equipment and new food suppliers. The new pies are far better 😉

Quote Originally Posted by peterharrogate View Post
    KP My children's and their friends strips aren't being sent out until September. How did the club decide which 7000 would get theirs and more importantly which of us wouldn't. I presume you got yours ok?
    I have just seen this, and that last comment is a massive foul, especially coming from someone who has made less than 3 posts a year on here since registering. If you looked in here more often you would have known what sort of person KP is and would have avoided embarrassing yourself and firing **** at a good guy in the process.
    P.S. Make your 2 posts in 2021 kind ones.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 30-09-2020 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    Thanks for update.

Could the club start a @hibstickets for queries or @hiberniantv for tv help etc.

Think both could be useful for fans.
    That’s been suggested. Certainly one the Comms team can look at should the traffic merit.

Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    KP, first hope you and family are well made. Secondly your updates are flawless, a complete credit to the club tbh.

Can I suggest please a massive PPV media package in the build up to Halloween? The amount of money we must be going to lose because of no fans at Hampden is rotten and I’m sure, if really attractive we could really get something appealing to the support to try and make up for some of monies lost?

I’ve no idea what, but I do know a couple of brothers at the club that could hopefully make it happen 👌
    Happy to pass suggestions on. The Semi being on BBC Scotland and Premier Sports more than likely rules out any PPV option but the Marketing team have shown a lot of creativity to date they’ll definitely be thinking hard on how to get us worked up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Great update KP, I was also pleased to hear this week of the upgrades to the food kiosks with new equipment and new food suppliers. The new pies are far better 😉
    You’re one step a head of me on that one. Was always a requirement before supporters returned. I’ll need to go get a pie the morn now that I’m thinking about yin.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!

Funny how they list the players that left on frees before mentioning who we paid for. Did I miss the reference to Kamberi and Horgan? Could have, stopped reading at that paragraph. Very poor "journalism".

Left by mutual consent!
    That’s been suggested. Certainly one the Comms team can look at should the traffic merit.

Happy to pass suggestions on. The Semi being on BBC Scotland and Premier Sports more than likely rules out any PPV option but the Marketing team have shown a lot of creativity to date they’ll definitely be thinking hard on how to get us worked up for it.

You’re one step a head of me on that one. Was always a requirement before supporters returned. I’ll need to go get a pie the morn now that I’m thinking about yin.
    Yeah did think that mate, I wasn’t meaning the actual match I was thinking a special Hibernian build up/celebration (touch wood) for subscribers for a tenner or something. Just something out the box that we could smash cash at that we will miss because of the loss of fans at the game.

Maybe doesn’t make sense but I ken what I mean 😀

It's Thursday the morn Bro...

Yeah did think that mate, I wasn’t meaning the actual match I was thinking a special Hibernian build up/celebration (touch wood) for subscribers for a tenner or something. Just something out the box that we could smash cash at that we will miss because of the loss of fans at the game.

Maybe doesn’t make sense but I ken what I mean 😀
    A great idea, interviews with players and a build up montage than non season ticket holders can purchase. A great idea

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar

AN interactive murder myster night - whodunit ?

Is was Lewis Stevenson in the board rooms with a trophy... :)

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by h1bs4life View Post
    Update.

“ 📸 We know a lot of you are keen to see your supporter cut-outs at Easter Road.

🔜 Following the installation of the most recent batch - and thanks to @AlanRennie1 - we're hoping to have some block-by-block images taken this week to show you. 💚”

https://twitter.com/hibernianfc/stat...588352512?s=21

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Update.

“ 📸 We know a lot of you are keen to see your supporter cut-outs at Easter Road.

🔜 Following the installation of the most recent batch - and thanks to @AlanRennie1 - we're hoping to have some block-by-block images taken this week to show you. 💚”

https://twitter.com/hibernianfc/stat...588352512?s=21
    You could make a Hibs version of Guess Who using that. "Are they wearing a bucket hat?"

Morning all,

I’ve posted an update for October here - https://tinyurl.com/y672zeh8

I’ll lift and drop the text into this forum too - pictures embedded in the link.

Keep doing what you do, here if you need me ✅
    Last edited by Power; 28-10-2020 at 07:30 AM.

I hope everyone has had a smooth October despite the roller coaster restrictions. Fire me an email if I can help with anything - kpower@hibernianfc.co.uk.

Less than a week since the 20 year flashback to the 6-2 game and the 29th anniversary of the Skol cup win against Dunfermline. If the Hibs side of today could take a bit of the class from 2000 and the belief from the team that wouldn't die we will definitely be on for some great times under this current resilient and confident bunch.

Leeann sent a thank you message to supporters at the start of the month - ”Players, staff, supporters have rallied - on the pitch and off it with season tickets, Hibernian Supporters donations and a host of other gestures. It's humbling. We;ve come out the transfer window with a smaller squad but careful player trading - in and out - has helped us add real quality. As long as supporters are happy, I'm happy. Our priority now is to get our supporters back home to Easter Road”.

The club are continuing to find ways to thank supporters (other than 3 points) and this will continue to be a focus - carving a deal for loyal Season Ticket Holders to watch the Brora match free, putting together the Semi final live show this Friday, fan competitions, initiatives and thank yous plus sharing heartwarming stories from supporters is just the start. Lot's going on, just keep plugged into the new Hibernian website and usual channels.

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/thank-you

I would like to update you on what I’ve brought to the board’s attention on behalf of supporters.

Persevere
    Everyone at Hibernian has the full backing, and more, from the support to succeed in the upcoming Scottish Cup Semi Final. This is an awesome responsibility for all of us representing Hibernian. Let's give everyone connected with the club, including the loyal supporters, a performance (on and off the field) they deserve.

KP – In a month which has a Scottish Cup Semi Final at the end of it there isn't much more to say.

Special edition of the match on Friday - looking ahead to Saturday's big game. It's free for season ticket holders (via Hibspass) while international Hibs TV subscribers can log in via our traditional Hibs TV platform. There is also a PPV option of £5.

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/matche...-of-midlothian

KP – More Yogi on our screens - great feedback from his last appearance.

✳️ Any programme collectors out there will be glad to hear there is a print option available ahead of the Saturday's game - https://www.ignitionsportsmedia.com/...n-vs-hibernian

The new Hibs website has been live for 2 weeks. The site is slick, dynamic and engaging. Brings us exactly where we need to be as a club. It's definitely going to be the one stop shop for everything.

Great work from the internal team and club partners, including whitespace. Work is still ongoing, as you'll see.

There will be an instruction piece shared with supporters shortly about creating an account on the new website to allow for single sign on - this functionality will be great for us from a user experience - linking tickets, clubstore and hibs tv to one new single online account. I'll help where possible but the club fully appreciates the need to keep those instructions simple.

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/welcome

It was fantastic to read that Hibernian Supporters passed the £1million marker that has now been sent to the club since launching in 2015. Pure barry.

https://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/

There will be a new pop-up Hibs clubstore at the Gyle shopping centre, opening this week.

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/articl...re-at-the-gyle

The clubstore has a new contact option for those that use twitter – @HibsClubstore – and Instagram and Facebook – @Hibernianclubstore – a handy contact option.

Confirmation posted by the store recently that third strips have left Italy this week and, once received and organised, will be posted out and available for collection next week.
    Last edited by Power; 28-10-2020 at 12:47 PM.

Link not working for me. Maybe just because I’m using my phone?

Greg McEwan's outstanding photo of Easter Road recently got me thinking of a piece I'd seen in an auld programme I scanned a while back. The changing face of our home.

Photo credit Stuart Roy Clark.

Great start for Hibernian Women, opening their campaign 2-1 against Spartans.

This week, we're on the road away to Motherwell on Sunday, 1st November.

Club news

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/articl...nis-is-a-hibee
    KP - Great to see the club going out and closing this deal ahead of others and the window closing.

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/articl...imes-of-crisishttps://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/articl...ns-common-goalKP - So many good feeling stories coming out of the club at the moment - the work with the NHS, sharing their stories and Ryan showing his class with Common goal are only two of them.

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/articl...m-the-red-card

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/articl...ibs-picks-game

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/articl...e-in-the-crowd

How good was it to see this? It's great to see so many Hibernian players at the moment being recognised at the top and internationally.

KP - Paul’s auld man an uncle won the Edinburgh school cup for my auld primary school in the early 70s. That will now need to sit third place in the Hanlon family achievements behind this and the obvious one.

This is what it feels like to be Hibs.

15 years of continued support to orphaned children in Ukraine. Massive well done to everything the team at Dnipro kids has achieved in those years.

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/spor...years-19009185

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/dniprokids1

An important message to end on.

Hibernian players continue to support Black Lives Matter and have taken part in Show Racism the Red Card Fortnight of Action campaign.

KP