hibs.net Messageboard

Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: KP update

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Spot on. And no moral high ground needed either 👍

Home teams charge a fiver with a £1 going to the Visiting team through a subscription method would be absolutely ideal to everyone. I just can’t see Sky allowing it though, they would rather we watch the results show and then charging for advertising.
    Sky have nothing to gain by preventing it. They won’t even have a results show on when our season kicks off, with there being no English football.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    To the supplier it is. Watching it isn’t illegal.
    Not sure where you’ve saw that but watching an illegal stream is illegal in itself

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    Not sure where you’ve saw that but watching an illegal stream is illegal in itself
    Yeah, this was confirmed some time back. You can be prosecuted for streaming iptv, though i don’t know how likely that is.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I'd imagine most scottish clubs have their own tv channel, on my iptv they do with the exceptions of one or two, Livi and Ross county come to mind.

Even St Johnstone and St Mirren have their games on iptv. It will hopefully not be needed for away games, but i'm pretty sure if there are no legal ways to watch the games, then folk will tune in illegally.
    They will, which is why the clubs would do well to maximise some much needed income from the fans of their opponents. And folks will still tune in illegally I would think.
    Livi being game 2 is three weeks away so I hope they’ve got something in mind.

First Team Breakthrough
    If you are watching the intellectual property of a third party without their consent you are breaking the law. No individual will ever be prosecuted, unless they are themselves streaming the content onwards. All film and football IPTV sites are illegal if they are not paying the rights holder for the content. Remember when music streaming first came in, everyone downloaded illegal music but they prosecuted the providers. You can now get most music on Youtube etc but copying the streams is still illegal - even though you can get a Youtube download app to do it!!

@KP

What's the chances (social distancing etc) for this one game for the first team to take a coach to ER, drive up St Clair street (usually pretty quiet with cars) at a pre-arranged time and allow the fans to welcome them to ER?

Would any fans be interested in doing so?

Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    @KP

What's the chances (social distancing etc) for this one game for the first team to take a coach to ER, drive up St Clair street (usually pretty quiet with cars) at a pre-arranged time and allow the fans to welcome them to ER?

Would any fans be interested in doing so?
    Appreciate the thought here, sure the players would be encouraged and strengthened with such a display of support.

Short term it is difficult - Match day protocol for both teams and match officials is tight and adheres to Scottish Government guidance. All personnel, including away team, encouraged to travel as per Scottish Government guidelines i.e. own transport where possible, avoid car sharing (Nae coaches and staggered times).

As we move forward with guidance changes, effecting stadium access and footprint guidance, there will be opportunities to show support but hopefully by that time we’re back inside the stadium too, doing what we do best.

Get Deek and Gaz alongside Cliff for commentary, be some laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    That’s up to Sky. As mentioned before they have paid for exclusive rights to show SPFL Premiership football. It doesn’t matter if they are showing a game or not, without their permission it won’t get shown.
    Hence why I said It makes no sense for sky to deny it. It doesn’t gain them anything by denying it but may result in them getting a better deal by allowing it. The fact clubs are actively discussing it with one another then I’d say sky have probably given the green light.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    So you think that the clubs can just start selling all the games Sky are not showing and Sky won’t mind? If sky are so relaxed about clubs selling pay per view tv then why haven’t the clubs done it before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It will have been agreed with sky, hence why I said I can’t see why sky would say no.

Clubs haven’t done so before as there was no need to. Fans were allowed in stadia and they wanted to maximise fans turning up. Allowing Bob from Leith to watch it on the tele makes no sense. Also, games kicking off at 3pm couldn’t be shown live. Hence why we could sell to overseas fans.

Sky have already allowed us to sell games to season ticket holders, so no idea why they’d object to more fans when its not live on their channel therefore not impacting their subscriptions.

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    It will have been agreed with sky, hence why I said I can’t see why sky would say no.

Clubs haven’t done so before as there was no need to. Fans were allowed in stadia and they wanted to maximise fans turning up. Allowing Bob from Leith to watch it on the tele makes no sense. Also, games kicking off at 3pm couldn’t be shown live. Hence why we could sell to overseas fans.

Sky have already allowed us to sell games to season ticket holders, so no idea why they’d object to more fans when its not live on their channel therefore not impacting their subscriptions.
    I can see why Sky would say no. If I was Sky I would not be encouraging anyone to be watching another tv platform at any time while I’m running 20 channels of content. Not when I have exclusive rights to what they are showing. Sky own these rights and I very much doubt they will just give them away after paying so much for them. If the clubs are allowed to sell games then Sky will be getting a fairly big cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    I can see why Sky would say no. If I was Sky I would not be encouraging anyone to be watching another tv platform at any time while I’m running 20 channels of content. Not when I have exclusive rights to what they are showing. Sky own these rights and I very much doubt they will just give them away after paying so much for them. If the clubs are allowed to sell games then Sky will be getting a fairly big cut.

If Sky are allowing it then it would have been part of the deal for more games to be shown live on Sky. I doubt sky are worried about your hardened Scottish football fan not tuning into the cricket that day because they’re watching hibs v Hamilton on HibsTv.

Their main interest is Celtic and Rangers and majority of their games are live on Sky anyway.

Seems that if you are a capital club member, you get first entry into Easter road before any other fans, and away games are being shown to these members in the lounges.
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Seems that if you are a capital club member, you get first entry into Easter road before any other fans, and away games are being shown to these members in the lounges.
    How do you mean, Baldy?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    That's a good start, hopefully we will all be allowed to watch soon, and maybe attend in person too before too long.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    How do you mean, Baldy?
    Hospitality season tickets have been told they will be allowed into lounges to watch away games, and will have first entry into home games

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Hospitality season tickets have been told they will be allowed into lounges to watch away games, and will have first entry into home games
    Isn’t that just to do with practicality as much as anything?

Fans are not allowed in the stadium but people are allowed into bars and restaurants.

If you can do something for the folk who have taken those packages, surely you should be doing it?

Season ticket holders don’t get access to the lounges so why would we expect it now?

Fans are not allowed in the stadium but people are allowed into bars and restaurants.

If you can do something for the folk who have taken those packages, surely you should be doing it?

Season ticket holders don’t get access to the lounges so why would we expect it now?
    Seems like a good start.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Fair play, they pay significantly more money for their season ticket and as such they get a more substantial product.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar

That was my thinking

You pay a lot more money for corporate ST’s than a normal ST as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Fair play, they pay significantly more money for their season ticket.
    Put of interest How much do they pay for a season ticket? Won't be cheap?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    That's a good start, hopefully we will all be allowed to watch soon, and maybe attend in person too before too long.
    Yeah, if people are allowed in to the lounge and are able to get something back for the money they’ve committed, and make some money for Hibs, it’s got to be considered a good thing.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Think it’s about £1300. Can’t remember the exact figure but it used to be 2 pricing tiers but now is a single price point.

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    £1,350

Agree with Matty here.

No information has been passed to me but I wouldn’t expect it either. Corporate Season Tickets getting access to Corporate Areas is a good start and should open opportunities for more.

I’m positive they’ll be doing above their best to look after all types of supporters. Corporate season tickets right down to those without season tickets that want to see their team too.

Looking after supporters was something flagged by myself last month (few pages back now) - Make every effort to look after all types of Hibs fan when football returns. Season Ticket holders (providing value for Season Ticket purchases) and regular supporters (Our walk-up fans are still thought of until we’re back at Easter Road).

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post
    Agree with Matty here.

No information has been passed to me but I wouldn’t expect it either. Corporate Season Tickets getting access to Corporate Areas is a good start and should allow opportunities to more.

I’m positive they’ll be doing above their best to look after all types of supporters. Corporate season tickets right down to those without season tickets that want to see their team too.

Looking after supporters was something flagged by myself last month (few pages back now) - Make every effort to look after all types of Hibs fan when football returns. Season Ticket holders (providing value for Season Ticket purchases) and regular supporters (Our walk-up fans are still thought of until we’re back at Easter Road).
    Potential to do something with Behind the Goals, Keiran? Maybe ballot season ticket holders for it?

Potential to do something with Behind the Goals, Keiran? Maybe ballot season ticket holders for it?
    It’s the kind of thinking I expect Sales to be well down the road on - I still pass these type of suggestions on in any case ✅

Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post
    Agree with Matty here.

No information has been passed to me but I wouldn’t expect it either. Corporate Season Tickets getting access to Corporate Areas is a good start and should open opportunities for more.

So away season ticket holders don't get similar offer to see away games in a lounge. Still no confirmation from club re away games. We are all hibs though?
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

So away season ticket holders don't get similar offer to see away games in a lounge. Still no confirmation from club re away games. We are all hibs though?
    Would you usually expect your away season ticket to get you into Easter Road’s lounge?

Away ST Holders give money to other clubs. If you are a Corp Member and giving £1350 to the club then they absolutely should get more for their money.