hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: KP update

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Good update, thanks.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well done bud, you have already worked miracles, Andy G has a season ticket for next year now!
    Nice one mate. You can take the kudos for that.

Thanks for the feedback all - happy to flex to what you need from me over the next couple of years, just shout.

Neilly, catch ye in a couple of weeks ✅
    Last edited by Power; 31-05-2019 at 07:25 AM.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Why did hibs not release the four month payment plan option at the start?
    The four month plan is always released prior to the seat deadline. As Zebra was still in place when tickets first went on sale, that option was still there. The club worked hard to find an alternative option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Well done KP for actually keeping in touch and fulfilling your promise made before being elected, to keeping us folk who use social media in formed.

Are there any other ways we can see your views and reports, like twitter, facebook and the likes?

If so, could you provide some links please.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Well done KP for actually keeping in touch and fulfilling your promise made before being elected, to keeping us folk who use social media in formed.

Are there any other ways we can see your views and reports, like twitter, facebook and the likes?

If so, could you provide some links please.

✅ I’ll keep tapping in, Hibs conversations is spread far and wide these days, which is great.

My tweets have certainly spiked - @kieranpower85

Email address should you ever need it kpower@hibernianfc.co.uk

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Thanks for the update KP

Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post
    Nice one mate. You can take the kudos for that.

Thanks for the feedback all - happy to flex to what you need from me over the next couple of years, just shout.

Neilly, catch ye in a couple of weeks ✅
    👍

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    ✅ I’ll keep tapping in, Hibs conversations is spread far and wide these days, which is great.

My tweets have certainly spiked - @kieranpower85

Email address should you ever need it kpower@hibernianfc.co.uk

Thanks for update.

It would be good if the stadium changes could actually happen.

The PA System and food / catering have been going on for years.

Add in the stadium looking dated - an action plan to improve all 3 would be nice to hear.

I would also be curious to know what the plans are for Hibs ladies. Are they going to be accepted by the club to formally be involved or stay within the community foundation?

Hearts are raising standards and I would hate to see us over taken but I feel more needs to be done. I recently heard the u19 girls team has folded for example ??

It would be good if LD could do an update about the stadium / future plans to develop the corner ? Hibernian training centre developments / improving the atmosphere as the singing section isn’t working in the FF upper.

Something I mentioned previously is recycling at ER - an initiative to stop fans littering during games / seagulls and basically rubbish blowing into the local area / community. We have a ready made go green for Hibs slogan which could be used to encourage fans to recycle and bin rubbish at home games - not sure any other club in Scotland has done this but surely wouldn’t be hard to implement.

Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    Thanks for update.

It would be good if the stadium changes could actually happen.

The PA System and food / catering have been going on for years.

Add in the stadium looking dated - an action plan to improve all 3 would be nice to hear.

I would also be curious to know what the plans are for Hibs ladies. Are they going to be accepted by the club to formally be involved or stay within the community foundation?

Hearts are raising standards and I would hate to see us over taken but I feel more needs to be done. I recently heard the u19 girls team has folded for example ??

It would be good if LD could do an update about the stadium / future plans to develop the corner ? Hibernian training centre developments / improving the atmosphere as the singing section isn’t working in the FF upper.

Something I mentioned previously is recycling at ER - an initiative to stop fans littering during games / seagulls and basically rubbish blowing into the local area / community. We have a ready made go green for Hibs slogan which could be used to encourage fans to recycle and bin rubbish at home games - not sure any other club in Scotland has done this but surely wouldn’t be hard to implement.
    Some good points in there - I’ll be able to pass these on (I like the recycling green initiative - when it comes to doing our bit (charity fundraising, strip donations or foodbank collections) we definitely go the extra mile.

The club do have a list of improvements, upgrades and changes to make - it’s finding the resources to make it happen. Stadium atmosphere is a focus at the moment - the club is listening.

@hibs.net private member
    Some good points in there - I’ll be able to pass these on (I like the recycling green initiative - when it comes to doing our bit (charity fundraising, strip donations or foodbank collections) we definitely go the extra mile.

The club do have a list of improvements, upgrades and changes to make - it’s finding the resources to make it happen. Stadium atmosphere is a focus at the moment - the club is listening.
    K,

What is happening around stadium atmosphere? Seems odd those actively trying to solve this problem themselves haven’t been consulted - I know folk involved in Since 1875 have been trying to set up a meeting for months.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    K,

What is happening around stadium atmosphere? Seems odd those actively trying to solve this problem themselves haven’t been consulted - I know folk involved in Since 1875 have been trying to set up a meeting for months.

Cheers
    Good question. It’s been initial flip-chart thinking between myself, Tracey and the club - a bolt on to the Working Together meetings and the feedback given there, including the wider thinking.

Club is open to any suggestion - the nice to have (but not necessary) and reach for the sky type ones - and see what can be done short term and ideal long term within viability and budget. Look and feel of the stadium is a small step on that journey but we can do a lot more.

Happy to support any time.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    This is more like it. A fans rep full of enthusiasm keeping us informed.

Breath of fresh air mate, nice one.

Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    Thanks for update.

There will always be litter during the game if we offer any kind of food or drink.

There’s no bins by your seat so either you hold your empty cup, dirty napkin and wrappers the whole game or you put it on the floor under your seat.

This is then cleaned up after the match.

The only option would be for everyone to pick up their own wee bit of rubbish and somehow put it in a bin on the way out the stadium.

That seems pretty much impossible to implement!!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    The only option would be for everyone to pick up their own wee bit of rubbish and somehow put it in a bin on the way out the stadium.

World Cup: Japan fans impress by cleaning up stadium http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-44492611.

Good luck with that in Scotland!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    There will always be litter during the game if we offer any kind of food or drink.

There’s no bins by your seat so either you hold your empty cup, dirty napkin and wrappers the whole game or you put it on the floor under your seat.

This is then cleaned up after the match.

I’ve been to German my and they seem to manage fine there. I’m not saying you leave mid match but you take your litter with you at end of game.

You often see stuff all over pitch during games and means rubbish in local area and I don’t see how that helps Edinburgh/Leith or environment.

Just because it hasn’t been done doesn’t mean it won’t work - plus even if you can reduce litter by X amount you will make a difference. Especially youngsters in Famous Five.

KP, I seem to ask the same question every year but never get an answer. What fan involvement is there in the kit design process? Are there any working groups tasked with coming up with new ideas or is it all down to the club? We see great mock ups on here every year on the new kit thread and the club should be tapping into the ideas of some of these people.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    KP, I seem to ask the same question every year but never get an answer. What fan involvement is there in the kit design process? Are there any working groups tasked with coming up with new ideas or is it all down to the club? We see great mock ups on here every year on the new kit thread and the club should be tapping into the ideas of some of these people.
    Considering I dinny even ken what it looks like or colour scheme (guessing green and purple efforts - reading between the lines) I’m not sure.
    The Club has a lot of talented individuals in creation and imagination in the marketing teams. The club is also making more use of my cousin on an ad-hoc basis (Owen W).

Ask me in 6-9months time and I’ll ken the answer. Engaging supporters can be a positive outcome on subjects like this (convoluted on the flip side too).

Morning all,

June quickfire update - what has been happening since my last update on the 30th May.

Only month of the year with nae Cabbage to watch but we’re nearly there – fixtures were released last Friday (21st) and details can be found here - http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10062

Our new Home and Away strips were also released later that day – From what I can see and hear, the strips have went down really well with supporters and when I was in the clubstore during the week, I was told it has been a fantastic success so far – Hibernian Community Foundation Sponsor prints are popular, as is leaving the tops blank but still making a donation to our Foundation – https://www.hiberniancommunityfounda...1-/credit-card

There has been more quick wins over the last month, again it was great to interact with fans and club on these – this includes supporting with seat moves in the middle of the month. Aidan at the club and Lynn and the Ticket Office team have worked hard over the summer for us.

Working Together Meeting this month was surprise hijacked by Paul and Robbie coming in for a great Q&A session. Highlights were Paul being very, very happy with the Recruitment team and the work they have done – really pleased with our options per position and squad size. Robbie demonstrating he is more than just a number two and a good leader too. Before that surprise, I did have the pleasure of giving an ad-hoc impromptu stadium tour to two Greek boys that turned up at the stadium randomly. They were very impressed with our Stadium and West Stand collection of historic items.

I attended my second board meeting on Tuesday this week up at HTC. Points flagged to the board by myself and Tracey (and as always, not on behalf of all supporters but a fair proportion).
    - Replica Kit slow to be released; majority of supporters love this years design - some concerns with the lack of commercial sponsorship/others love the approach.
    - Rod’s Appointment to SFA President – no change for Hibs and we remain status quo. Any conflict of interest will be dealt with in the right manner.
    - Safe Standing – the topic is still surfacing and with Kilmarnock’s moves in the summer it peaked again. It is on our review list which the club will continue to work down as others are ticked off/budget allows. It must be noted there is a relaxed attitude to standing at games in certain sections already.
    - Recycling initiative – A Hibs backed initiative to get fans to support recycling at the games to keep Hibs and the community clean – there is quick wins available here and it was great to hear how the club itself recycles everything from grass to electrical goods.
    - Hibs ladies – to review the ladies position between formally part of the club or to stay part of the Community Foundation – the Community Foundation is the right place of them at the moment and we’ll continue to back them to be as successful as ever.
    - Ticket Office – praise on the efforts over the summer was highlighted – it was flagged that the reallocation and move process for fans can be smoother and one to be reviewed for next year (elongated window and online option).

Some great work happening by Hibs fans at the moment, two really caught my eye.
    - Stewart Fitzpatrick helped collate old Hibs strips to pass onto his son to take to a home in South Africa. Barry photo shared online – loving your work.
    - ‘Hibs v Stigma’ supporters group also raised and donated £800 to Support in Mind – Nice one lads and lasses.

I’ve made a donation of £20 this month to the Hibernian Community Foundation to continue the great work our Foundation is doing - which includes Health & Wellbeing, employability and lifelong learning initiatives.

Thanks to all the Hibs fans that supported me raising over 2.5k for Support in Mind Scotland on 22nd June, a fantastic experience regardless of the 24 hour slog around Arthur’s Seat.

I’m off on holiday now, like right now, to Cyprus for the week and I’ll be available on my return. Gies a shout if something needs flagged and of course any time I can help – Hibs related or not.

KP
    Last edited by Power; 28-06-2019 at 04:13 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Helpful update - enjoying the consistency and the sharing. Thanks

Thanks for the update and have a good holiday.
    Cougars!!!

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Thanks for the update

Have a well deserved holiday

Throw your phone in the pool!

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member
    Thanks for the update. Exactly the type of comms we need from the fans reps.

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jayjaygrant
    Great news and enjoy the holiday mate !

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Cheers, enjoy your holiday.

Was very septical of the whole fans rep thing but this is good information and better than we've had previously. Thanks for the update.

Morning all,

June quickfire update - what has been happening since my last update on the 30th May.

Only month of the year with nae Cabbage to watch but we’re nearly there – fixtures were released last Friday (21st) and details can be found here - http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10062

Our new Home and Away strips were also released later that day – From what I can see and hear, the strips have went down really well with supporters and when I was in the clubstore during the week, I was told it has been a fantastic success so far – Hibernian Community Foundation Sponsor prints are popular, as is leaving the tops blank but still making a donation to our Foundation – https://www.hiberniancommunityfounda...1-/credit-card

There has been more quick wins over the last month, again it was great to interact with fans and club on these – this includes supporting with seat moves in the middle of the month. Aidan at the club and Lynn and the Ticket Office team have worked hard over the summer for us.

Working Together Meeting this month was surprise hijacked by Paul and Robbie coming in for a great Q&A session. Highlights were Paul being very, very happy with the Recruitment team and the work they have done – really pleased with our options per position and squad size. Robbie demonstrating he is more than just a number two and a good leader too. Before that surprise, I did have the pleasure of giving an ad-hoc impromptu stadium tour to two Greek boys that turned up at the stadium randomly. They were very impressed with our Stadium and West Stand collection of historic items.

I attended my second board meeting on Tuesday this week up at HTC. Points flagged to the board by myself and Tracey (and as always, not on behalf of all supporters but a fair proportion).
    - Replica Kit slow to be released; majority of supporters love this years design - some concerns with the lack of commercial sponsorship/others love the approach.
    - Rod’s Appointment to SFA President – no change for Hibs and we remain status quo. Any conflict of interest will be dealt with in the right manner.
    - Safe Standing – the topic is still surfacing and with Kilmarnock’s moves in the summer it peaked again. It is on our review list which the club will continue to work down as others are ticked off/budget allows. It must be noted there is a relaxed attitude to standing at games in certain sections already.
    - Recycling initiative – A Hibs backed initiative to get fans to support recycling at the games to keep Hibs and the community clean – there is quick wins available here and it was great to hear how the club itself recycles everything from grass to electrical goods.
    - Hibs ladies – to review the ladies position between formally part of the club or to stay part of the Community Foundation – the Community Foundation is the right place of them at the moment and we’ll continue to back them to be as successful as ever.
    - Ticket Office – praise on the efforts over the summer was highlighted – it was flagged that the reallocation and move process for fans can be smoother and one to be reviewed for next year (elongated window and online option).

Some great work happening by Hibs fans at the moment, two really caught my eye.
    - Stewart Fitzpatrick helped collate old Hibs strips to pass onto his son to take to a home in South Africa. Barry photo shared online – loving your work.
    - ‘Hibs v Stigma’ supporters group also raised and donated £800 to Support in Mind – Nice one lads and lasses.

I’ve made a donation of £20 this month to the Hibernian Community Foundation to continue the great work our Foundation is doing - which includes Health & Wellbeing, employability and lifelong learning initiatives.

Thanks to all the Hibs fans that supported me raising over 2.5k for Support in Mind Scotland on 22nd June, a fantastic experience regardless of the 24 hour slog around Arthur’s Seat.

I’m off on holiday now, like right now, to Cyprus for the week and I’ll be available on my return. Gies a shout if something needs flagged and of course any time I can help – Hibs related or not.

KP

What was the reasoning for the Hibs Ladies answer? Why is it actually better for them to be part of the foundation? Other teams going in the opposite direction.

Left by mutual consent!
    Well done, Kieran. Keep up the good work. 👍

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Thanks for the update KP, enjoy your hols