hibs.net Messageboard

Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: KP update

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Any update on Tracey's successor, Kieran?
    Matty, think her term is due up in January 2020.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Any update on Tracey's successor, Kieran?
    Fair question to ask. The club is in no rush at the moment, key we look at the position and learn from what has went before. Collectively we can all support one another with the smaller problems that occur - I already see a lot of us doing it here and elsewhere - it’s not part of this role but more than happy to keep chipping in if it makes a difference.

I’m happy to do it solo in the meantime and keep posting monthly updates.

Kieran - do the club have a recycling policy ?

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    Scott Allen has been recycled a few times, to good effect 😁

So was Anthony Stokes 😉

They do aye - right through to grass and auld electricals but I do know they’re looking at how they can do more on matchdays (flagged by supporters in the summer and part of the taskforce reviews recently completed).

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10418
    Last edited by Power; 01-12-2019 at 04:15 PM.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post
    They do aye - right through to grass and auld electricals but I do know they’re looking at how they can do more on matchdays (flagged by supporters in the summer and part of the taskforce reviews recently completed).

There was an interesting debate on (I think) 5 Live today about clothing waste and the fact that 80% of clothes we think we recycle actually goes to landfill.....anyway, I digress, it got onto chatting about football clubs constantly having 3 kits and changing annually - and that Forest Green Rovers have bamboo fibre strips.......maybe an idea to mention to the club Kieran ? Maybe a good marketing thing too given next year's climate camp conference being in Scotland.

Afternoon all,

December quickfire update – what has been happening since my last update a month ago – I wanted to get this to you before the festive season kicks off proper.

Firstly, Thanks to everyone for your feedback, engagement and involvement throughout 2019 – we’ve got a great working relationship with the club and they continue to listen to our feedback on points of concern, constructive criticism and positive ideas (kiosks, stadium access, turnstiles, PA system, ladies team, green initiative, performances, communication and deepening relationships key highlights since I’ve been representing us - not forgetting dealing direct with hundreds more regarding tickets, stadium maintenance, away travel, financial queries, club contacts etc) – all of this will help shape the plans of what we do for the rest of the season, next year and part of the strategy for the longer term – Club communication on a lot of the above plus more details fast approaching (KP - I genuinely believe you’ll like what you’ll hear – it really does touch all the areas we talk about regularly here and elsewhere).

Keep getting in touch or flagging where necessary - I get round it all eventually (Lot's of feedback this week about away fan 'behaviour', stewarding, home fan conduct and more - I've channelled it into the club (and will continue tae)).

Club call outs this month.

Hibs Players spread Christmas cheer at Edinburgh Sick Kids
    www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10456

Gunts and Livingston ticket update including ticket office administration changes
    www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10477

Sean McPartlin arranged the visit of Double Olympian Eilish McColgan to HTC
    www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10435

Points flagged to the board by myself (and as always, not on behalf of all supporters but a sizeable proportion).

– Club football content and communications popular in November and December (Pat Stanton new club ambassador, foodbank collection, sick kids hospital visit and calendar signing session), player engagement is important and the club to continue looking at deepening relationships in this manner and keep engagement high.

KP - My escalation this month to the club was before feedback and good discussions were had about Hibs ladies. I know the club has a plan developed to keep the them at the top of the game and we wait to hear what that will be.

As always, Hibs fans are barry.

Hibs whenever, wherever - including Porty Beach in December.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1202060882056040449

I was extremely motivated to complete this one in memory of those Hibernian people no longer here. I know how important this is to a number of fans and I’m extremely motivated further to get a proper Hibernian focused day to those no longer here in the diary. Great news is the club is too. Watch this space.

Hibernian Community Foundation are making a big push on their 2020 vision of providing 5,000 hot meals to children who need our help.

Food poverty affects on average almost 25% of children living in Edinburgh. In parts of North Edinburgh, including Leith, this rises to over 35%.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1205140252412612608

You can help them tackle child poverty in the Hibernian name by following the appeal link Christmas Appeal 2020

I’ve sent over a donation to keep that target tracker ticking.

This is what it feels like to be Hibs

Everyone get right behind Hibs on Thursday Boxing Day (enjoy it to the max), looking forward to getting Friday out of the system and no better game than this one to do it. If the players can match the energy and desire of us we'll be barry - and of course away on Sunday to Livingston before we break. Come back refreshed and let’s hit the second half of the season with a bang.

I’m looking forward to meeting up and playing football in an organised match with other Hibernian people and more on Hogmanay (1pm at Leith Links) in memory of Shaun McKinley (His perseverance despite a terminal illness to see Hibs lift the cup in 2016 is something I think back to a lot at this time of year. We all have that inner perseverance in us, tap intae it at any moment ye need some of it. Rest in Oasis pal).

Lastly, have a great Christmas and New Year. Keep doing what you do and supporting this club and all those connected wae it.

This is a great update. Thanks for doing this.

Thanks KP

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Thanks for the update again, Kieran. Is it worth getting these published on the official site as well, for folk who don't read this site?

Any update on whether or not Tracey's going to be replaced?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Thanks for the update again, Kieran. Is it worth getting these published on the official site as well, for folk who don't read this site?

Any update on whether or not Tracey's going to be replaced?
    Good question - it’s posted here, a number of places elsewhere and a monthly blog on stpats.club, which covers a lot of places (keen to make sure it’s a voice separate from the club official - I dinny think my tone of voice quite cuts the official site anyway).

Still me for now and for next 2-3 months at least - TS was meant to stand down in March 2020. Club will likely decide closer to then what moves next on the role given what TS flagged.

Hi Kieran,

Thanks for updates.

Few quick ones..if you could answer please..

Do the club have a recycling policy / use a recycling company ?

Barrie was hinting they PA system is being looked at and changes maybe soon..is this true ?

Safe standing / Famous Five Empty Seats / moving family section to South Lower for Cat B / singing section behind goals in middle 3 blocks. Can Hibs do a survey about fans experience of Easter Road.

Finally away fans behaviour in South Stand / banners / flags / lower tier behaviour / over crowding / fans moving from upper tier to lower via the stairs - can we minimise the away support to minimum in south upper ? Is the only reason we aren’t as we need the ££ and we don’t care about our own fans match experience?

I appreciate the detailed updates you give but reading between the lines and speaking with others who know more it seems the club can be pretty stubborn at time making change.

Hi Kieran,

Thanks for updates.

Few quick ones..if you could answer please..

Do the club have a recycling policy / use a recycling company ?

Barrie was hinting they PA system is being looked at and changes maybe soon..is this true ?

Safe standing / Famous Five Empty Seats / moving family section to South Lower for Cat B / singing section behind goals in middle 3 blocks. Can Hibs do a survey about fans experience of Easter Road.

Finally away fans behaviour in South Stand / banners / flags / lower tier behaviour / over crowding / fans moving from upper tier to lower via the stairs - can we minimise the away support to minimum in south upper ? Is the only reason we aren’t as we need the ££ and we don’t care about our own fans match experience?

I appreciate the detailed updates you give but reading between the lines and speaking with others who know more it seems the club can be pretty stubborn at time making change.

Good questions.

The recycling question is actually a few posts above this.
    They do have a policy - recycling grass and auld electricals right through to more. More to come too (next level up).

PA system upgrade has been priced up. Chances of putting in ASAP? ✅

Safe standing and seat moves might form part of a bigger discussion soon.

Lots of feedback on Friday and the stewarding approach - club has all of that - long term the club has a plan looking after home fans more (that detail is incoming).

Good questions.

The recycling question is actually a few posts above this.
    They do have a policy - recycling grass and auld electricals right through to more. More to come too (next level up).

PA system upgrade has been priced up. Chances of putting in ASAP? ✅

Safe standing and seat moves might form part of a bigger discussion soon.

Lots of feedback on Friday and the stewarding approach - club has all of that - long term the club has a plan looking after home fans more (that detail is incoming).
    Thanks for taking time to reply and update. Missed the article on website so nice to see.

Hopefully 2020 is the year the tannoy was finally sorted :)

Cheers

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Just a bit of feedback, but that’s a few times now that the normal exit at the bottom of the stairs of the FF Upper east side has been locked post match with a steward in front of it. You are then funnelled through into the lower tier. It causes quite a bottleneck. Potentially could cause a crush scenario. The stewards are quite rude when asked why this is happening. Why is the exit shut?

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Just a bit of feedback, but that’s a few times now that the normal exit at the bottom of the stairs of the FF Upper east side has been locked post match with a steward in front of it. You are then funnelled through into the lower tier. It causes quite a bottleneck. Potentially could cause a crush scenario. The stewards are quite rude when asked why this is happening. Why is the exit shut?
    Good feedback. One I can flag to the club for awareness (similar to East Stand gate (right one).

Good feedback. One I can flag to the club for awareness (similar to East Stand gate (right one).
    On that topic, the gate at the back of the West was shut after the Aberdeen game. So I exited next to the ticket office and walked back up Albion Road, through the Aberdeen fans and past the closed gate.

Seems pointless to close the gate when there is no segregation (which isn't normally required).
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    KP,

Just a note to say that your December update is your best yet.

Thank you for doing that and Merry Christmas to you and yours!

In future updates, is there any chance you could put broad deadlines by updates? ‘You’ll hear more on safe standing by no later than xyz’ as opposed to ‘details are fast approaching/imminent/coming soon’ which leaves it very open ended etc.

Once again though, I want to voice my appreciation with the link that you provide from the boardroom to the (would-be) terracing.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    KP,

Just a note to say that your December update is your best yet.

Thank you for doing that and Merry Christmas to you and yours!

In future updates, is there any chance you could put broad deadlines by updates? ‘You’ll hear more on safe standing by no later than xyz’ as opposed to ‘details are fast approaching/imminent/coming soon’ which leaves it very open ended etc.

Once again though, I want to voice my appreciation with the link that you provide from the boardroom to the (would-be) terracing.
    Fair shout. Absolutely something I can implement where I can - Next flurry of communication(s) in 2020 and the AGM should give everyone the answer to most.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    On that topic, the gate at the back of the West was shut after the Aberdeen game. So I exited next to the ticket office and walked back up Albion Road, through the Aberdeen fans and past the closed gate.

Seems pointless to close the gate when there is no segregation (which isn't normally required).
    It's always like that. In fact while we were waiting for the Dons fans to filter by, the Head Steward was telling the waiting Hibs fans to go up to the other end of the West stand and come back down again! The fact that the vast majority of the Aberdeen fans had already left the stadium before the final whistle made it even more farcical.

Morning all,

January quickfire update – roughly 7 weeks since my last update - a win at Tynecastle, winter break, cup progression and transfer window been and gone - approaching the one year in role (fast year!).

Thanks to everyone that got in touch over the festive period with any query big or small, keep them coming - always available.

At the end of December, the Livingston fixture flagged a lot of match entry problems - sizeable Hibs support walk-up but a large amount unable to gain entry before kick off. I’ve seen dialogue between fans and both clubs and I’m confident when we’re back there either in the split, or next season, this poor experience will be learnt from with both clubs working together on solutions for a better experience at Livingston’s match event.

There has been a lot of feedback about unacceptable conduct to me and the club - We’ll keep working together on this - the SFA have set up a task force group to address a number of issues of unacceptable conduct and Hibernian are represented on that. Likely to be next season before we see benefits of such group.

The Sheep v Hibernian. Saturday 7th March, 3pm - confirmed.
    There was a lot of press reports and conversation about The Sheep wanting to move our fixture with them on the 7th of March at Pittodrie from 3pm to an evening kick off. The club had our back and I was happy to voice our concerns additionally. Hibs fans aren’t against change or trying out new ideas (nor is it right to say every Hibs fan said no to such move) but these things require a little notice (and incentive!). The fixture will remain as is.

Lots of good conversations around a number of points recently - AGM, HSL, strategic plans, club vision, club improvements. That needs a thorough joined up communication plan and I’ve seen all involved in that working hard to bring it together. AGM notifications will be with us by the next time I fire an update out.

Club ambassador Pat Stanton welcomes Adam & Stephane
    http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10519
    KP – Pat will be doing this for all new signings. Wonderful, great decision.

Tracey Smith appointed Players’ Lounge Captain
    http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10518
    KP – Magic! This volunteer role is something she was doing anyway, that’s her personality. It’ll make a demonstrable difference to players and their families.

Welcome Adam, Stephane, Paul, Marc, Greg - give us everything you’ve got and we’ll be happy.

ADAM BOGDAN EXTENDS CONTRACT
    WELCOME HOME STEPH!
    WE'VE GOT MCGINN
    MARC MCNULTY SIGNS ON!
    GREG DOCHERTY CHECKS IN!

Jack Ross “Today's (Friday) been a particularly busy day for us," he said. "We'd have liked to have everything concluded prior to now but it is a notoriously difficult window to operate in. Ultimately we're satisfied where we are coming out the window.”

I know how hard the club tried on other moves. Looking forward to the club picking these back up again in the summer.

Thanks to those that have moved on from the club. Wishing you all the best.

Points flagged to the board by myself (and as always, not on behalf of all supporters but a sizeable proportion).

– Throughout the season there has been a number of errors or issues flagged by supporters regarding ticketing performance, information or other supporter touchpoints. In isolation they’re acceptable but when bundled together it creates a negative experience. Continue to work together to ensure any supporter impact/touchpoint is a positive for all.

KP – My escalation this month links to the Dundee United away ticket release, added to previous release problems or conflicting information (ticket administration changes). The club work hard in this space and I’m positive it’ll be smooth here on in - I’ve offered myself as a tester to step walkthrough anything supporter relevant.

As always, Hibs fans are barry.

Shaun McKinley memorial match doon Leith.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1222422727245561857
    Morning’s in ma hoose.

Dnipro Kids turnstile Collection.

Good updates from Stevie on here about the long lasting relationship with Dnipro kids.

The group are looking for volunteers to spend a little bit of time shaking a bucket before the Livingston game on the 22nd of February.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1209511270640173056
    The Hibs community are proud and strong backers here. Something in their bucket come that Livingston game would be appreciated by all.

Dnipro |

If you can help out, please email Jackie Stark at jackie@dniprokids.com

This is what it feels like to be Hibs.

Onwards and upwards Hibs.

KP

Last edited by Power; 01-02-2020 at 10:23 AM.

@hibs.net private member malcolm's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Good update but it has more bounce links than club one’s and each one requires a bounce log in

When do you plan your next update .. for agm planning purposes

KP update

I take it the Agm is still some time away then? I was under the impression it was due to be held in January? There was also expected to be some announcement on the new owners plans for the club? So far he’s making Rod Petrie look positively chatty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ozyhibby; 01-02-2020 at 10:23 AM.

So we are no further forward on an AGM or any announcement of plans?

Thanks for the update.

Could you maybe find some other method to view your photos? Not everybody has a Hibees Bounce account.

p.s. Loved the wee girl in your video

🤪 Images are URL linked - should hopefully pull through now but size is off on my view - not as consistent as before.

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    Pleased that the near proposed Aberdeen evening KO has been knocked on the head.

Thanks KP, top man

Morning all,

February quickfire update – will need to look out the cardboard jaiket for Hampden. Again.

Hibernian Chairman Ronald Gordon unveiled our five-year strategic plan to shareholders at the club AGM during the week.

Every area of the club has been analysed to bring together an ambitious plan that sets out a vision to build on the progress made recently.

Key call outs

• Compete in top 4 for all competitions and participate in Europe
    • Double our investment in the player budget by 2023 (currently at its highest ever level - primary focus will always be football)
    • Grow number of Season Tickets and matchday tickets
    • Increase turnover by 50% by 2023 and 100% by 2025
    • 1million investment to improve Easter Road (PA system, Big Screen, Advertising digital ribbons, Food Kiosks(in-house service), Corporate Hospitality). A festive celebration about the club every game
    • Refine and define the Hibernian brand

Points I wanted to flag that might've went under the radar from the headlines

• We play to serve our community - which is an important part of the heritage of Hibs
    • Aim to be the most recognised and admired Sports brand in Edinburgh
    • Build consistently exceptional teams that compete for trophies every year - football always comes first
    • Provide first class customer service - we treat everyone with respect
    • Innovate and take risks
    • Promote a 'can do' attitude, a culture that we can do anything, nothing is impossible
    • Have valued and long lasting relationships with corporate partners
    • Season ticket value - give value and thank you to season ticket holders (membership, discounts and exclusive offers)
    • Being creative how we sell tickets (packages and bundles)

Ron talked about being grateful and thanking the support and HSL for financial support of the club - now looking at how we can develop more opportunities for contributions for those that want to (anything additional is always straight to football - not at the expense of something else). Ron also extended his gratefulness and admiration to Tom Farmer and Rod Petrie for leaving the club in a great place - that will continue and to grow more we will invest.

Ron closed the meeting with a very powerful ending - The tradition, heritage and history of the club is special and should be honoured but the clubs best year are ahead of us, not behind us and we need to work together.

Thanks to everyone that got in touch over the the last month with any query big or small, keep them coming – always available. Lots of good conversations around a number of points recently – cup ticketing pricing and seating, Hėarts ticket allocations, Since 1875 and more.

2020 AGM and Strategic Plan
    www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10568

Joelle Murray first to agree Part Time Pro contract with Hibernian Women
    www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10558

Greenest club in Scotland
    www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10557
    www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10556

Supporting Singing section/Since 1875. The group recently did a survey, with club backing, on potential safe standing/sing section location. Now its looking at what possibilities and opportunities there is on accommodating the group better - they contribute a lot to atmosphere/matchday experience and are a great influencer.

KP – The club are keen (as much as we are) to improve the atmosphere and are definitely open to change. Now it's working together to deliver a well thought out plan and execute in the correct manner. I'll keep working with all parties to keep on top of this to make sure we're hitting full potential.

Since 1875 survey results.

Some Hibs fans are special - Alan Lugton was one of them. Great to see an appreciation of him and his Hibernian history workings during the recent LIvingston match on the 72 minute. His memory will march on.

Hibs fans are barry, especially on our travels - some majestic nostalgia posted recently.

Hibs in the Community are ramping up the outstanding work they do in the local communities.

www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10537

At the start of February they launched Hibs Class - a new educational programme designed to encourage young people in primary schools to lead healthy lifestyle and gain confidence.

Not Hibs related but a fantastic story how football is a powerful tool - I've nae time for bullies, well done all involved.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1229695690365952001
    https://twitter.com/scotlandsky/stat...016773632?s=21

Dnipro Kids turnstile Collection.

I was delighted to hear Dnipro kids raised £1,520 during blizzard conditions at the recent Livingston match. Echoing the massive well done to the volunteers that stood out to collect and of course, the donators.

Dnipro Kids February update can be found here Dnipro Kids - February Update

You can make a small donation to their fundraising efforts through their update - I've sent a small donation over.

This is what it feels like to be Hibs.

On to Tuesday night and beyond, to quote Ron from Wednesday night - "Everyone is indispensable and necessary to the success of the club. We're all necessary to succeed" - we're all necessary on Tuesday and in this exciting season end.

KP
    Last edited by Power; 29-02-2020 at 07:02 AM.

Update can also be found http://tinyurl.com/qv96ej5