hibs.net Messageboard

Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: KP update

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exactly, i have Crohns but i'm not disabled, although i've just been diagnosed with fibromyalgia too and that might be a disability, i'm not sure, might look into getting a blue badge to see if i qualify?

Getting back to the Crohns, if i need the toilet and the only toilet available is a disabled one, then thats the one i'm using, no arguments about it.
    I’m in the exact same boat and will use a disabled toilet if I need to. Funnily enough, I don’t think I have ever used the one at Easter road but would if I had to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

My wife used to have a card that allowed her quick access to disabled toilets, doesn't have it now as her stoma was reversed, she was saying that they're looking into changing the wheelchair sign on disabled toilets as it's misleading nowadays with the variety of people who are in need of using them.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    They are. If you meet the criteria you get your own radar key, not issued by the club but part of a national scheme, which stops the selfish interloppers in their tracks.
    I'm sure an earlier post directed to Kieran stated that the disabled toilets also housed the baby change facilities. So if that:s the case, why are they locked and requiring a Radar key? "Interlopers" with babies have to change them on the pishy floor of the gents cos they don't have a Radar key? Nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Silky View Post
    I'm sure an earlier post directed to Kieran stated that the disabled toilets also housed the baby change facilities. So if that:s the case, why are they locked and requiring a Radar key? "Interlopers" with babies have to change them on the pishy floor of the gents cos they don't have a Radar key? Nonsense.
    As has been pointed out elsewhere there are baby changing toilets in other no accessible toilets...although personally I dont see why folk with kids in nappies bring them to a game (ducking as the incoming flak gets directed my way)

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    My wife used to have a card that allowed her quick access to disabled toilets, doesn't have it now as her stoma was reversed, she was saying that they're looking into changing the wheelchair sign on disabled toilets as it's misleading nowadays with the variety of people who are in need of using them.
    The wheelchair symbol indicates an accessible toilet that has room and facilities to be able to facilitate a wheelchair user. Ambulant disabled toilets that provide toilets user with certain hand holds and assistance frames etc but not space for a wheelchair won’t display the wheelchair symbol.

I have a few things that are not classed as a disability but do leave me in a awkward situation sometimes. I sometimes use a stick to walk and I have a heart condition that makes me tired and breathless. When I have my stick I am always given priority seats, I have a card to say I have an ICD planted and have thankfully only had to present it twice. Most people are understanding.
    As far as football goes I am not sure what I would be able to do but i would like to think I could use the disabled loo if the coke heads aren't using it.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by percy veer View Post
    disabled toilets are for disabled people , end of story, the self entitlement of some people is disgusting .
    This. 100%

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    This. 100%
    I disagree, as i said i have Crohns, which is a bowel disease. If i need to go, then i need to go, there's no real waiting as when i am ill with it, its either go to the toilet within 30 seconds or **** my undies.

One problem here, i'm not disabled.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    This. 100%
    What are your reasons?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    The wheelchair symbol indicates an accessible toilet that has room and facilities to be able to facilitate a wheelchair user. Ambulant disabled toilets that provide toilets user with certain hand holds and assistance frames etc but not space for a wheelchair won’t display the wheelchair symbol.
    That wasn't the point of my post, they're looking to do away with that symbol and make a generic one for all disabilities, the disabled toilet inside will still be decked out with rails etc but will be for all disabled people, visible or not.

I disagree, as i said i have Crohns, which is a bowel disease. If i need to go, then i need to go, there's no real waiting as when i am ill with it, its either go to the toilet within 30 seconds or **** my undies.

One problem here, i'm not disabled.
    You would be one of thousands with an access card that allows use of disabled facilities.

That wasn't the point of my post, they're looking to do away with that symbol and make a generic one for all disabilities, the disabled toilet inside will still be decked out with rails etc but will be for all disabled people, visible or not.
    Yes I know, the point I was trying to make was that there are disabled toilets that don’t suit both ambulant and wheelchair users. Had some at my old workplace the Caley hotel.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    The toilets are a disgrace at Easter Road. I’m type 1 diabetic and I need to ensure I’ve checked my sugar levels and injected insulin if need be before going into the ground cause no danger am I doing any of that in a cubicle swimming in piss and **** and whatever else folk have been upto on the days of big games. I’m not disabled but I’d be using the disabled bog if I had the option in the East. I sit in section 43 and I’ve not seen one, unless Im being thick as **** (which is a probability)
    Last edited by .Sean.; 27-11-2019 at 11:48 AM.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    You would be one of thousands with an access card that allows use of disabled facilities.
    Is this happening all through the land, and where do i get these keys/card if it is?

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    The toilets are a disgrace at Easter Road. I’m type 1 diabetic and I need to ensure I’ve checked my sugar levels and injected insulin if need be before going into the ground cause no danger am I doing any of that in a cubicle swimming in piss and **** and whatever else folk have been upto on the days of big games. I’m not disabled but I’d be using the disabled bog if I had the option in the East. I sit in section 43 and I’ve not seen one, unless Im being thick as **** (which is a probability)
    It's not the toilets that are a disgrace, that all down to manky punters.

Is this happening all through the land, and where do i get these keys/card if it is?
    Just google Crohn’s Can’t Wait Card, you can get a card and a RADAR key.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BS44 View Post
    It's not the toilets that are a disgrace, that all down to manky punters.
    I was meaning in general - there’s no even hot water, never mind soap. Minging
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Keiran. Once again yesterday the scanning of season and paper tickets for the FF upper was causing issues. My son got through but it didn't scan my card and the message told me to speak to a steward. I spoke to the gate steward and she said I needed to go to the ticket office. When I questioned that she said there was nothing she could do and I had to go to TO. I spoke to another steward at the FF lower gates and he reset my card if I'd had to go to the TO I would have been ages as there was a queue when I walked past. My son isn't a small kid anymore but he had no idea what was going on, he has had a ST since he was 2 so it could have easily been a situation where a small kid was on his own either inside or outside the gates separated from his parent. I wasn't the only one who couldn't get in either yesterday. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Keiran. Once again yesterday the scanning of season and paper tickets for the FF upper was causing issues. My son got through but it didn't scan my card and the message told me to speak to a steward. I spoke to the gate steward and she said I needed to go to the ticket office. When I questioned that she said there was nothing she could do and I had to go to TO. I spoke to another steward at the FF lower gates and he reset my card if I'd had to go to the TO I would have been ages as there was a queue when I walked past. My son isn't a small kid anymore but he had no idea what was going on, he has had a ST since he was 2 so it could have easily been a situation where a small kid was on his own either inside or outside the gates separated from his parent. I wasn't the only one who couldn't get in either yesterday. Cheers
    Cheers for the feedback. Appreciate that. Definitely no need to go back to the TO there, just a card reset. There is now dedicated Stand Managers for resolving queries, niggles and complaints (One in each stand - I will work with club to get this more wide known and visual for helping situations like this).

I’ll flag the FF upper turnstile to check performance against the rest of the entry points.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post
    Cheers for the feedback. Appreciate that. Definitely no need to go back to the TO there, just a card reset. There is now dedicated Stand Managers for resolving queries, niggles and complaints (One in each stand - I will work with club to get this more wide known and visual for helping situations like this).

I’ll flag the FF upper turnstile to check performance against the rest of the entry points.
    My daughters card said declined but she pushed the gate and got through. I mentioned it to the steward on the other side and she said they knew there was an issue. Also F5 upper.

Left by mutual consent!
    Also how about a sign at the kiosks which state that it’s cash only. I know several people who have queued for up to 15 minutes to then be told they can’t pay by card.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post

Cheers for the quick response

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    Also how about a sign at the kiosks which state that it’s cash only. I know several people who have queued for up to 15 minutes to then be told they can’t pay by card.
    Or better still, as we're well into the 21st century, facilitate card payments. Even the burger van outside the main stand at St Mirren takes card payments!

Quote Originally Posted by Box 17 View Post
    Or better still, as we're well into the 21st century, facilitate card payments. Even the burger van outside the main stand at St Mirren takes card payments!
    Agree with HM and yerself, I’m carrying less and less cash than before.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Box 17 View Post
    If the police box coffee shops can do it, surely the catering company can do it (unless it’s a tax dodge). Most places are surprised when someone pays with cash these days!

Afternoon all,

November quickfire update – what has been happening since my last update on 1st November.

I mentioned in that update that I was unhappy to hear lots of Hibs fans were disengaged or disappointed. We needed positive change and our charge up the league (unbeaten) and lots of communication from the club in November is fantastic.
    We all ken Football is a mad game and the Hibs rollercoaster is wild at times. Keep persevering and shouting up if there is anything I can do.

The support played their part in November and I noticed Jack Ross and Ryan Porteous strongly backed that in interviews in during the month. Noise and backing at pinch points in games not to be underestimated.

Lots to call out this month.

Club update - Ron Gordon -http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10396

Club update - Leeann Dempster -http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10397

Club update - Graeme Mathie -
    http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10399

KP - Some barry insight in all those interviews.

Club Statement - Tracey Smith - http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10400
    KP - We all collectively want the best for Hibs and it’s really important to respect every Hibs fan and employee (player or staff) that represents Hibernian

I thought this interview was great - WHEN DARREN MET DARREN! - http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10417

Excellent - https://twitter.com/hibernianfc/stat...504830977?s=21

Just utterly barry - https://twitter.com/footballbarber/s...910114822?s=21

We’ve all been working together with the club and what we’ve been flagging has produced positive change.

Points flagged to the board by myself (and as always, not on behalf of all supporters but a sizeable proportion).

– Club communication on the 7th of November from Ron, Leeann and Graeme have landed very well with the support.
    KP - More to come

– Look at initiatives to continue to foster stronger and deeper relationships with the support.
    KP – Something I can look at for us but always good to work together

This doesn’t mean other important long-standing points flagged again recently - tannoy, catering, toilets - aren’t still on the pad. Still there and working towards improvement.

As always, Hibs fans are barry – the dedication and commitment by Helping Hands Edinburgh to organise the Foodbank collection next week against Aberdeen is brilliant. Remember to get involved.

Gamechanger, the Public Social Partnership set up by the Club, the Hibernian Community Foundation and NHS Lothian, is still running in the FF Almond Suite and West Stand with a number of Partners.

Cyrenian’s is one of those partners. https://cyrenians.scot/

This charity supports people excluded from family, home, work or community on their life journey. One of the ways they do that is with Hibernian and NHS Lothian at Easter Road stadium - providing free lunches weekly (every Monday at 12pm).

I’ve sent over a small donation today to ensure they keep up the good work they do in Partnership with our club

This is what it feels like to be Hibs.

Everyone get right behind Hibs in December. It’s a tough month but we can make the difference.

KP
    Last edited by Power; 01-12-2019 at 12:23 PM.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Well done KP

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks so much for all your updates, very much appreciated..So much nicer to read them when the team are performing well 😉

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    If the police box coffee shops can do it, surely the catering company can do it (unless it’s a tax dodge). Most places are surprised when someone pays with cash these days!
    Not sure how many kiosks they have, but I have a contactless / chip and pin reader for my small business - they cost about £20 plus a small %ge of each transaction.

It doesnt really cost me much, and if I only took cash I would basically not have a business.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Any update on Tracey's successor, Kieran?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net