hibs.net Messageboard

Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: KP update

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And how does the Steward define disability? Confined to a wheelchair only? What about someone with mental health issues? Are they not disabled?
    Blue badge holder surely?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Blue badge holder surely?
    And the blue badge is in the car so how do you show it to the steward?

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    And how does the Steward define disability? Confined to a wheelchair only? What about someone with mental health issues? Are they not disabled?
    Certainly not confined to wheelchair users as they could be ambulant disabled and need the facilities. Hopefully the steward will have been given some guidelines so he\she doesn't just give access to anyone that asks as that would defeat the purpose. Parent and child, particularly a parent with young children of a different gender with them may well be accepted as legitimate users, I don't really know,
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 24-11-2019 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    The disabled toilets shouldn't be getting used by people who aren't disabled.

That's the reason for the handles being removed and requiring a key for access as people who are disabled and don't have the option of using the normal toilets were having to wait, often for long periods of time, because the toilets were being used by people who aren't disabled.
    Absolute nonsense.

Disabled toilets can be used by anyone. No law against it.

Do we not have equality at ER ?

Used the disabled toilet before at ER when I had crutches - was a short term injury but it’s an easier accessible toilet.

The door shouldn’t be locked and fully agree with the poster about taking his daughters and the baby changing. Hibs don’t even cater for this do they??

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Brilliant.

So the disabled toilets were getting used by too many able bodied folk so they lock them, take the handles off and ensure no one can use them.

Quality solution that.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    Absolute nonsense.

Used the disabled toilet before at ER when I had crutches - was a short term injury but it’s an easier accessible toilet.

The door shouldn’t be locked and fully agree with the poster about taking his daughters and the baby changing. Hibs don’t even cater for this do they??
    It’s not a question of equality.

Of course there is no law against using a toilet, just a common decency to leave them for folk that need an accessible toilet rather than everyone just piling in. Of course if you are on crutches then using an accessible toilet is reasonable so is a bloke taking his young daughters.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 24-11-2019 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tmb1875 View Post
    Jog on mate, I’ll be taking them to the disabled toilet until they’re able to go to the ladies themselves, I fully appreciate able bodied adults who are able to use the regular toilet should not be misusing them, there’s no other suitable toilet I can take them to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I won't be jogging on at all, thanks.

There's literally dozens of young kids across the full stadium. What are disabled people supposed to do (many of whom are incontinent) if even around 10 kids decide that they need the toilet and their parents take them to a disabled toilet?

If you went to Easter Road and the disabled toilets are flooded and out of use, what would you do? You would take your daughters to the normal toilets. A disabled person doesn't have that luxury and there's not many disabled toilets as it is.

I sincerely hope that this idea isn't taken up by the fans reps or there will be a complaint going in.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Disabled toilets should be for preferred use of the Disabled but not exclusively.
    No one, whatever their age or mobility, should be in the position that they have to puke, **** or pish themselves whilst standing beside an empty WC.
    There's hardly any disabled toilets as it is in the East stand. I can't comment on the other stands. People who have mobility issues cannot use normal toilets so if more people are using them then they need to be providing more toilets or only allowing access to those who have no other option but to use a disabled toilet.

Clearly it's not just for people in wheelchairs. People using crutches or a stick etc can obviously use them too.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    Absolute nonsense.

I never said there was a law against it and I'm not sure why you're making the point about using the disabled toilet while you were on crutches. As above, clearly while you are using crutches you are defined as disabled (albeit temporarily) and therefore you have a justifiable reason for using a disabled toilet

I have no idea what is meant by the equality statement. What is equal about providing a toilet that's accessible for disabled people but then allowing free access for anyone to use it?

The use of a disabled toilet should be exclusively for people who have no other choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Are the disabled toilets at Easter Road locked with a RADAR key? They should be as then disabled folk can carry their own key. I had one for my Dad, proved invaluable on more than one occasion.
    Yeah they are now. It got changed at some point in the last few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I won't be jogging on at all, thanks.

There's literally dozens of young kids across the full stadium. What are disabled people supposed to do (many of whom are incontinent) if even around 10 kids decide that they need the toilet and their parents take them to a disabled toilet?

If you went to Easter Road and the disabled toilets are flooded and out of use, what would you do? You would take your daughters to the normal toilets. A disabled person doesn't have that luxury and there's not many disabled toilets as it is.

I sincerely hope that this idea isn't taken up by the fans reps or there will be a complaint going in.

There's hardly any disabled toilets as it is in the East stand. I can't comment on the other stands. People who have mobility issues cannot use normal toilets so if more people are using them then they need to be providing more toilets or only allowing access to those who have no other option but to use a disabled toilet.

Clearly it's not just for people in wheelchairs. People using crutches or a stick etc can obviously use them too.

I never said there was a law against it and I'm not sure why you're making the point about using the disabled toilet while you were on crutches. As above, clearly while you are using crutches you are defined as disabled (albeit temporarily) and therefore you have a justifiable reason for using a disabled toilet

I have no idea what is meant by the equality statement. What is equal about providing a toilet that's accessible for disabled people but then allowing free access for anyone to use it?

The use of a disabled toilet should be exclusively for people who have no other choice.
    So your only disabled if your in a wheelchair, have crutches or a stick? Mental. If a man doesn’t want to take very young girls into a male toilet, where there is only 3 cubicles and normally a very long queue to get into it, surrounded by males standing pishing, then he’s every right to use an accessible toilet. Your point about the disabled toilet being flooded is a very strange point, what has that got to do with the point being made? Makes no sense! Also, if there are baby changing facilities in said toilet then they are not only disabled toilets and should be used for the purpose and top drawer stuff from the club for having these facilities available.

Left by mutual consent!
    Some of the content on here is disappointing to say the least. A very good friend of mine in his 40s has difficult fixated severe asthma and struggles to breathe 24/7. You would never know he has it when looking at him as its not a 'visible' disability but a profound disability it is. Sometimes he tells me he wishes he could wear a t shirt saying 'I have asthma' when people see him getting out of his disability vehicle as he often gets funny looks and stares from people who think only those in a wheelchair are disabled. Its a shame that people are so judgemental as the govt disability benefits are extremely difficult to access these days and are only given out to the vast majority that actually have a profound disability whether visible or not.

Surely the steward won't give you the key unless you are disabled?
    Not all disabilities are visable

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

disabled toilets are for disabled people , end of story, the self entitlement of some people is disgusting .

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    As mentioned Not all disabilities are visible.
    B&Q at Fort Kinnaird has done away with the general customer toilets and reduced it to disabled. Shameful affectively pitting customers against each other.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

What about people who have bowel problems or ones that have a stoma bag that is either leaking or needs emptying. My wife had a temporary stoma a few years ago and carried a card which gave her priority for toilets etc, no disability to be seen but in more need of a private toilet than others.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by percy veer View Post
    disabled toilets are for disabled people , end of story, the self entitlement of some people is disgusting .
    Disabled people should have priority for accessible toilets. Definitely.

However, there is literally no reason that they have to stay empty if there are no disabled people using them.

The worst case for a disabled person would be that they'd turn up to use the toilet, but might have to wait until one person finished. They wouldn't be expected to wait in a long queue of able bodied people.

I'm sure disabled people are used to waiting a minute or two at home while their partners or family vacate the bathroom so it's perfectly reasonable to expect them to occasionally do so in public places too.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    What about people who have bowel problems or ones that have a stoma bag that is either leaking or needs emptying. My wife had a temporary stoma a few years ago and carried a card which gave her priority for toilets etc, no disability to be seen but in more need of a private toilet than others.
    This is the situation i thought about, and agreed on some seemingly able bodied requiring more privacy.

To be honest, what the last few pages show is that this is another area that needs more thought.

When we discussed the state of the stadium on here a few weeks ago, I didnt really consider accesible toilets or changing facilities etc - but thats because it doesnt really apply to me.

The toilets where I am in the West Upper are looking a bit minging now, and could really do with a paint, deep clean and a hot tap !! I cant comment on the ladies or disabled facilities, but cant imagine they are much better.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Take the girls into the ladies toilet, I used to do that when my daughters were very young and never had an issues from any women. I just explained that I was taking them in as it wasnt very private/clean in the gents, no issues. One of my daughters is disabled as well and can completely understand the issues regarding using disabled toilets. Personally o never would as you just don't k ow when someone who has a disability may need to use it at very short notice while you are in there.

Quote Originally Posted by percy veer View Post
    Hmm. I frequently shop at Tesco, Grahams rd, Falkirk. It is not uncommon for them to close the Male toilets for cleaning or because they are out of order and often the instruction is always to use the accessible toilet. It is never just as straightforward as "disabled toilets are for disabled people".

I would hope most people would understand the plight of a father taking two young daughters to the football. I respect him for making the effort. Common sense would have to be applied by the steward in this instance.

Kieran - how many disabled toilets are in each of the stands ?

It’s maybe a bigger issue that Hibs simply need more improved toilet facilities ? Hand wash / warm water ?! Even mirrors ?

In the East Stand for example..

Male toilets
    Female toilets - always seems to be queues
    Disabled toilet - maximum 2 (one each end ??) for a 6,500 isn’t really ideal? Especially with limited baby changing facilities and the door being locked making people wait longer who didn’t bring a magic key.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Take the girls into the ladies toilet, I used to do that when my daughters were very young and never had an issues from any women. I just explained that I was taking them in as it wasnt very private/clean in the gents, no issues. One of my daughters is disabled as well and can completely understand the issues regarding using disabled toilets. Personally o never would as you just don't k ow when someone who has a disability may need to use it at very short notice while you are in there.
    Not sure there are many men who would be comfortable going into the Ladies loos, with young kids or not.

Are the disabled toilets at Easter Road locked with a RADAR key? They should be as then disabled folk can carry their own key. I had one for my Dad, proved invaluable on more than one occasion.
    They are. If you meet the criteria you get your own radar key, not issued by the club but part of a national scheme, which stops the selfish interloppers in their tracks.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Disabled people should have priority for accessible toilets. Definitely.

However, there is literally no reason that they have to stay empty if there are no disabled people using them.

The worst case for a disabled person would be that they'd turn up to use the toilet, but might have to wait until one person finished. They wouldn't be expected to wait in a long queue of able bodied people.

I'm sure disabled people are used to waiting a minute or two at home while their partners or family vacate the bathroom so it's perfectly reasonable to expect them to occasionally do so in public places too.
    Exactly, i have Crohns but i'm not disabled, although i've just been diagnosed with fibromyalgia too and that might be a disability, i'm not sure, might look into getting a blue badge to see if i qualify?

Getting back to the Crohns, if i need the toilet and the only toilet available is a disabled one, then thats the one i'm using, no arguments about it.

Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    Not all disabilities are visable

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    I am well aware of that.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    We'll find that a large % of disabled loos will double up as gender neutral loos over the next few years.

I don't see the issue with a father taking his young daughters into the disabled loo as long as there's nobody waiting to use them.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Exactly, i have Crohns but i'm not disabled, although i've just been diagnosed with fibromyalgia too and that might be a disability, i'm not sure, might look into getting a blue badge to see if i qualify?

Getting back to the Crohns, if i need the toilet and the only toilet available is a disabled one, then thats the one i'm using, no arguments about it.
    Lots of hidden disabilities mean people who look able are using accessible toilets. I currently have to use one on occasions, i try not to but i sometimes needs must. I have a radar key so can use them but still get embarrassed because it looks like im skiving into the disabled bogs.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    They are. If you meet the criteria you get your own radar key, not issued by the club but part of a national scheme, which stops the selfish interloppers in their tracks.
    Yeah I have one, you can actually buy them online now with no restriction so no criteria to be met which pretty much defeats the intention of the scheme. I always carried my Dad’s one when out with him, invaluable.

@hibs.net private member
    Yeah I have one, you can actually buy them online now with no restriction so no criteria to be met which pretty much defeats the intention of the scheme. I always carried my Dad’s one when out with him, invaluable.
    I find most.of them arent locked anyway. Its madness you can buy radar keys online for a fiver.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. S View Post
    Lots of hidden disabilities mean people who look able are using accessible toilets. I currently have to use one on occasions, i try not to but i sometimes needs must. I have a radar key so can use them but still get embarrassed because it looks like im skiving into the disabled bogs.
    Maybe it's my thick skin that stops me getting embarrassed. As radge says, disabled toilets are for disabled, but some are also for women with kids too.

And disabled people do have to understand that sometimes these toilets will be used by people they don't deem disabled, but were needed nonetheless.

@hibs.net private member
    My dad is disabled and when he used the disabled toilet in whetherpsoons, I would go to the bar, get the key and help him in. On several occasions people have opened the door whilst he is sitting on the toilet. We had no idea you could buy keys online.

It’s a little bit pointless when you can buy the keys on eBay for £1.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Maybe it's my thick skin that stops me getting embarrassed. As radge says, disabled toilets are for disabled, but some are also for women with kids too.

And disabled people do have to understand that sometimes these toilets will be used by people they don't deem disabled, but were needed nonetheless.
    Aye, im a bit of a woos really. Ive found people in wheelchairs to be the grumpiest! Id really rather not use them is my normal answer if i get moaned at.